Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:52:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com  (Read 160075 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2014, 01:29:08 AM »

^^If you were asking what the people that run the fan club are taking a break from, my guess would be jerking off. Hate to be like the guy that bitches about the set list but wasn't at the concert ( I don't pay for the fan club thingy) but from everything I've heard, they haven't really been making it worth anyone's while so far. That sucks because there's a lot of potential there considering how limited Guns' level of interactions with its fans is. I would be all over it if it lived up to its inherent possibilities a little more. Guns really deserves better as far as I can tell. I am of course only making assumptions. I don't really know the whole story and am going off of what I can deduce from what I have read about it so far. If anyone knows more than me and I'm getting it all wrong, please don't hesitate to fill me in.   

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2014, 01:33:14 AM »

^^If you were asking what the people that run the fan club are taking a break from, my guess would be jerking off. Hate to be like the guy that bitches about the set list but wasn't at the concert ( I don't pay for the fan club thingy) but from everything I've heard, they haven't really been making it worth anyone's while so far. That sucks because there's a lot of potential there considering how limited Guns' level of interactions with its fans is. I would be all over it if it lived up to its inherent possibilities a little more. Guns really deserves better as far as I can tell. I am of course only making assumptions. I don't really know the whole story and am going off of what I can deduce from what I have read about it so far. If anyone knows more than me and I'm getting it all wrong, please don't hesitate to fill me in.   

Well from my experience, most people that run fan clubs and fan sites do so Unpaid, so I am giving them a little slack..

When I said what are they taking a break from...  Well that was more directed at the band
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #442 on: December 28, 2014, 01:38:24 AM »

^^Ah, I didn't realize they did it all for free. But if that's the case then how about paying someone to do it right?

As for the band, haven't they kept themselves pretty busy this year? If I didn't have this month long break after that last semester at ASU I'd be going crazy right about now.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #443 on: December 28, 2014, 01:43:35 AM »

Ya most adults don't get to much time off around Christmas

MB 1 week, MB 2 weeks off of work......

My little children in school have had 2 weeks off and I took one week vacation from work as well.  But the thing is most people work every day to take this time off...

Sure the band may have been busy this year..    What a few concerts spread through out the year...   Ok...    But now how much time off do they need
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #444 on: December 28, 2014, 03:04:01 AM »

Fortunately for them they have been successful enough in regards to their careers that they can choose to work at their own pace. Besides, being in a band like GNR is probably a little different from some of the more common occupations out there. It's like Dave Mathews (who I know you are quite fond of  Wink) once said, trying to make music when you don't feel like it is like trying to take a shit when you don't have any shit in you. From my experience, this statement is accurate.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2014, 03:12:41 AM »

Fortunately for them they have been successful enough in regards to their careers that they can choose to work at their own pace. Besides, being in a band like GNR is probably a little different from some of the more common occupations out there. It's like Dave Mathews (who I know you are quite fond of  Wink) once said, trying to make music when you don't feel like it is like trying to take a shit when you don't have any shit in you. From my experience, this statement is accurate.

So when do you think they should get back to this work
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #446 on: December 28, 2014, 07:13:01 AM »

I think everybody is enjoying a little break now. It's too early to make definite plans for the whole year.

I hope they update the fan club package so you get a new shirt when you renew.

/jarmo

Yes, I'm not talking about the band itself, but the fan club.

If they plan to update the fan club package, there should be some sort of plan for the year, not just a new t-shirt. The plan doesn't need to be in full detail, but give some sort of idea of what they're offering. After all, we're paying for this. I don't know if it's just me, but I think the fan club has been a huge disappointment, and they haven't lived up to a lot of promises.

What are they taking a break from...

The band is on a break. Makes more sense to make plans once the band isn't on a break.

Which promises haven't they lived up to?
Constructive feedback is good.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2014, 01:20:02 PM »

So when do you think they should get back to this work

Work in general? Work on the album, a tour? Shit man, I don't know. Whenever they feel like it I guess. If I was omnipotent then I would pump so much adrenaline into their asses they would have a heart attack if they stopped working on the album. It would be like that shitty movie speed only they'd be making albums instead of driving a bus. If they don't feel like it then they don't feel like it, what more can I say?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »

Which promises haven't they lived up to?
Constructive feedback is good.  ok

Things like "we are working to provide more exclusive content for members to benefit from in the near future to make the site fully interactive, and solid for years to come".

Well, they started off good with lots of contests and video-chats with band members, but after a while the whole thing just died out. They have definitely not been working hard on keeping things solid. There are very long periods of inactivity on that site. If they want to keep members in the fan club, they should keep things fresh, otherwise people lose interest in the whole thing.

I did post a list of suggestions for them in the forum, but as far as I know there's not even a response to that (I haven't got access now, so I'm not sure).

The potential to make something special is huge, but I got a feeling of indifference from the group running that site. I don't know how involved the band is with that business.

From last year's announcement of the fan club package: "More contests, more band interaction, more of everything!"

Again, they kept their promise for a short while. I would like to see more continuity throughout the year with their offers.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #449 on: December 28, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »

From last year's announcement of the fan club package: "More contests, more band interaction, more of everything!"

Again, they kept their promise for a short while. I would like to see more continuity throughout the year with their offers.

I agree that from our point of view, it could be better. But then again, how many chats can you do in a year?

Without knowing the details of what they could possibly do regarding content for the fan club, it's kinda difficult to say.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #450 on: December 28, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »

I agree that from our point of view, it could be better. But then again, how many chats can you do in a year?

Without knowing the details of what they could possibly do regarding content for the fan club, it's kinda difficult to say.

/jarmo

Yes, I can agree about the chats. There's a little more logistics that needs to be in place and there's only so many band members. A video chat with Axl would have been cool though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
mortismurphy
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »

It is parceled out to a private, generic 'fan club' company. I forgot their name of the company but it is one of these companies which run a lot of different people's fan clubs/websites. It is not like Metallica's club where it was created and is controlled as an independent appendage of the band.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #452 on: December 29, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »

/jarmo

Yes, I can agree about the chats. There's a little more logistics that needs to be in place and there's only so many band members. A video chat with Axl would have been cool though.

That's a no brainer right there. I would pay for the whole year long subscription for the video chat alone. Does he ever do those on the fan club thing?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »

/jarmo

That's a no brainer right there. I would pay for the whole year long subscription for the video chat alone. Does he ever do those on the fan club thing?

The server would collapse.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »

Just remembered. Ground (ctrl). They also run Backstreet Boys's and Linken Park's fanclubs!!
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2014, 12:31:48 PM »

Ah, I see. I'm not too familiar with the current limitations of technology and all that so thanks for clearing that up. If a video chat were not possible, at least some form of communication would be cool. But even then, chances are that so many people would be asking questions that yours might not ever be answered.

Just remembered. Ground (ctrl). They also run Backstreet Boys's and Linken Park's fanclubs!!

Now that's just sad. But before I criticize, I am curious as to if other fan websites are done differently? Does anyone know of any fan sites for other bands that are run exceptionally well compared to the GNR fan club?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2014, 12:36:26 PM »

Ashba and Dizzy did do video chats .. and maybe Ron.. I don't remember now

So obviously Axl could do it if he wanted to... I don't blame him for not doing it, however if it was announced that he would... membership would multiply by 20.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »

The problem is that the fan club does't really offer you anything that is exclusive...

People will hear the reports of what they said instantaneously anyway...

and offering first crack at tickets.... well it's not really hard to obtain any ticket you want for GNR

So.. they are fighting an uphill battle...but that doesn't excuse the shoddy track record they have with the fan club over the years.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »

If an all inclusive video chat with Axl would cause the site to crash, maybe they could do a contest for one where only the winners could be involved in the chat. Even if it was only once a year, that seems like it would still be a rare enough appearance that he could still maintain his stealthy mysterious legendary Pokemon status. I don't blame him for not doing it, but I also don't see why not. I guess he does though.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »

The problem is that the fan club does't really offer you anything that is exclusive...

Exclusive merchandise that you get when you sign up.
Exclusive access to the fan club forum.
Exclusive access to contests and chats in the past.
Exclusive access to photos from the shows.

So, yes, it does offer some things that you can't get anywhere else. No matter how much you claim the opposite. Don't say they don't offer anything just because you don't like that they offer.  ok

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: