Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:38:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson: 'Guns Has A Future And I Think It Includes An Album'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson: 'Guns Has A Future And I Think It Includes An Album'  (Read 7503 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »

I think a new GN'R album from Guns N' Roses is a hard thing to comprehend for fans, simply because it's been so long since we've heard new material. Don't forget, all of the songs on CD except for Sorry and This I Love were known by fans for a good few years before the album came out. I hope that in the case of a new album, it comes out with the bulk of the material being completely knew and unheard by fans, that would be awesome.

My hope is that when they announce a new album, they start playing 1 or 2 songs from it. But then the other 11 songs or so are kept secret until the release day of the record.  I can't even imagine how godly it will be for Guns N' Roses to release a new album, because the journey with CD was so long and trecherous, it almost seems like an impossible feat for GN'R to release a brand new record.

Would be amazing though... Cool

I wish there was a way to make the confused Scooby-Doo noise an emoticon. This will do:  Huh. Scraped was a mystery til the album dropped, Shackler's premiered in Rock Band as the band intended, and the Prostitute leak came came close enough to the end. If the World, same deal. Plus This I Love, Sorry. Beyond that... I don't think leaks really do much harm. You like music or you don't. Hardcore fans buy it no matter what, casual fans will listen to it online first or listen for a radio single.

I don't think it's an imposible feat at all. I think, honestly, if they had some label support, they could have an album out in a year. And the stupid thing is, if a new Guns album did even the numbers CD did in first week sales it would be a huge success given how low sales have gone.

I'm with you though - would be amazing Smiley
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 02:40:05 PM »

I think a new GN'R album from Guns N' Roses is a hard thing to comprehend for fans, simply because it's been so long since we've heard new material. Don't forget, all of the songs on CD except for Sorry and This I Love were known by fans for a good few years before the album came out. I hope that in the case of a new album, it comes out with the bulk of the material being completely knew and unheard by fans, that would be awesome.

My hope is that when they announce a new album, they start playing 1 or 2 songs from it. But then the other 11 songs or so are kept secret until the release day of the record.  I can't even imagine how godly it will be for Guns N' Roses to release a new album, because the journey with CD was so long and trecherous, it almost seems like an impossible feat for GN'R to release a brand new record.

Would be amazing though... Cool

Agree! Less leaks would be good both for fans and the band I guess. Even it's itching in my ears to hear a new song, it ruin some of the moment if ya hear to many from an unreleased album. Maybe a mini-EP or something a little ahead of an album....

Still, I have to say the CD-songs got new life when hearing the final product! Some songs I considered as mediocre before CD, like Rhiad, sounded heavenly that day in November 2008  Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: