Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:07:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UK tour in May 2012
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK tour in May 2012  (Read 109273 times)
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »

New logo, maybe this tour is the start of promoting a forthcoming release?

I know they have used different kinds during the Chinese tour, but who knows...  Smiley

Reminded me of "Thin Lizzy" when I first came across it!  Interesting.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »

I know they have used different kinds during the Chinese tour, but who knows...  Smiley

Found this one as well... looks like a rework of the previous poster.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »

For people planning on attending several shows.

Getting around the UK:

Coaches between cities:
http://www.nationalexpress.com/
http://uk.megabus.com/

Trains:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 01:56:32 PM »

really thinking about planning a trip to London to see them on my BIRTHDAY may 31st, always wanted to go to London!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »

Indeed.  Let's hope that's hinting at something new.  ok
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 02:19:12 PM »

Has anyone got any amex pre sale tickets yet just wondering which blocks there doing?
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »

I have 02 and Im registered in priority tickets but do I need a code for tomorrows pre sale?Huh? How would it work?Huh?

Live N' Let Die
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »

Look Jarmo I know you're a devoted servant to Axl and the band, but no need to bash other people's posts just because you don't agree with it. Opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one, and with it a right to use it. I have mine, you have yours. Simples. Kiss

Why do you get offended because I point out how ridiculous your statement was?

Arena shows cost more than simple club shows.

It's a well known fact!

But you're using it against GN'R. Like it's something specific for this tour.

And then try to insult me by calling me a servant.

/jarmo

I'm not offended in the slightest, it just amuses me how you shoot down anything that you don't agree with and label it as a negative comment about the band. My comment was that ?50 is expensive; it's not exactly a fair price, especially when some people may have multiple tickets to buy. I am not using it against the band themselves; clearly they do not sit around and hold a discussion about ticket prices. But unfortunately they don't sell out every single show they put on and I imagine price has a lot to do with this.

Yes, arena shows clearly do cost more to produce than smaller venues, however my point was that I personally have enjoyed these smaller gigs considerably more than some of the large scalers. I have seen the new incarnation of Guns on numerous occasions and whilst I have enjoyed the shows, I merely pointed out that I had more fun at Slash's shows, which for the record included VR touring arenas.

Look Jarmo I know you're a devoted servant to Axl and the band

You took that as an insult? Dear me, grow up.

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »

New t-shirts!

Dear me, grow up.

Grow up? As in I'm not an adult?

Are you sure that's not another attempt at discrediting somebody who doesn't agree with you?

I'm glad you've had a fabulous times at other shows. Good for you.

As you might have noticed, the majority of people who post in this particular section, and in particular this thread, are the kind of people who are looking forward to the upcoming shows.

You just come across as the kind of guy who'd tell kids Santa doesn't exist because you seem the kinds excited for Christmas.  Wink

Maybe you need to start a discussion about ticket prices in The Jungle instead of trying to have one in the thread dedicated to GN'R's UK tour? Could be more constructive.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »

Terminator has a point.

I'll be attending two GN'R shows, and I personally had more fun at the Guns show in 10' than I did any VR/Slash shows.

That said, ?50.00 is still expensive and it's not a valuation of the band that determines that conclusion.

Anything negative what-so-ever and Jarmo's on hand to bury you and your "pathetic" comment/opinion.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »

Completely agree with the Thin Lizzy comment. My first reaction as well.

Looks pretty cool, although I do like the white logo that was used recently, with the "GN'R" circular emblem.

Can't wait for the tour. I'm doing Manchester and then either Liverpool or Nottingham. Any thoughts on the best arena out of those two?

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:44 PM »

I'm definitely going to my hometown show which is Birmingham, and also Manchester. I'm going to try to make it to Glasgow as well, as the 2006 show was immense...

But I'm trying to focus on attending more EU shows this year, but will definitely try to make it to as many of the UK dates as I can.  Grin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »

That said, ?50.00 is still expensive and it's not a valuation of the band that determines that conclusion.

Still. Is it GN'R specific?

You can complain that ?50 is too much.

Fair enough.

I still believe that discussion has very little to do with GN'R.

A band like Pearl Jam, with a very minimal production, is listed at ?44 and up for a gig in Manchester.

Anything negative what-so-ever and Jarmo's on hand to bury you and your "pathetic" comment/opinion.

Imagine that.

A thread about the first UK tour since 2010 turns into a thread about how tickets are too expensive.

Do you prefer people being excited about the shows or whining about ticket prices?

I'm sure every person who's buying a ticket could come up with a complaint about the concert before the show date if we asked them. I mean, maybe it's on the wrong weekday? Maybe the weather will suck? Maybe the venue isn't the person's favorite venue? Etc etc.

But is that really what you should focus on when your (alleged) favorite band is coming to your part of the world?

Don't worry, in about three months after the UK shows, you won't have to worry about high ticket prices for GN'R shows in the UK for a while.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:29:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »

Spot on, John!

Are you sure that's not another attempt at discrediting somebody who doesn't agree with you?

Not at all, I'm telling you that if you aren't adult enough to see the comment for what it was then you need to pull your head from your backside and give it an airing.

As you might have noticed, the majority of people who post in this particular section, and in particular this thread, are the kind of people who are looking forward to the upcoming shows.

I too am looking forward to attending some shows, at no point have I said I'm not. I merely made a negative comment about the price of the tickets.

You just come across as the kind of guy who'd tell kids Santa doesn't exist because you seem the kinds excited for Christmas.  Wink

Again... grow up.

Maybe you need to start a discussion about ticket prices in The Jungle instead of trying to have one in the thread dedicated to GN'R's UK tour? Could be more constructive.

No thanks, I've made my comment and I've no interest in devoting a thread to the subject. If you feel the need to however, please do so.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »

More insults.

And I need to grow up....

You seem familiar. We once had a guy on this board who got banned for being full of himself.

I mean, you gotta be pretty stupid or sad, (or both) to get banned from here. Especially after being asked about the insults numerous times.

/jarmo

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 03:25:33 PM »

Spot on, John!

Not at all, I'm telling you that if you aren't adult enough to see the comment for what it was then you need to pull your head from your backside and give it an airing.

I too am looking forward to attending some shows, at no point have I said I'm not. I merely made a negative comment about the price of the tickets.

Again... grow up.

No thanks, I've made my comment and I've no interest in devoting a thread to the subject. If you feel the need to however, please do so.

Meh... Quit yer whinging.

While you're doing that, I'll be rocking Nottingham and Birmingham.

@#$%funker

p.s. Jarmo, have I broken some sort of record for longest time between posts? 3 years, 4 months!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:27:53 PM by Mutherfunker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »

p.s. Jarmo, have I broken some sort of record for longest time between posts? 3 years, 4 months!

Haha. Possibly!

hihi

/jarmo

Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »

Wow, making indirect threats to ban me. That sure puts me in my place....

Banning someone for being full of themselves? Sounds like you just don't like people to have an opinion to me. This is a discussion board, people will converse around a range of different topics and move on. I thought you of all people Jarmo would know this having ran this website for so many years. People will not always agree with eachother, but that is the beauty of conversation, we can offer different arguments and agree or disagree as much as we like.

On here it seems as though nobody is allowed to have a negative comment or opinion on anything to do with the band. I get that you are very pro-GN'R, but everybody is allowed an opinion and whether or not you agree with it should not matter. If someone is slating the band for no good reason, by all means step in and defend them. However it feels as though on here it's your way or no way.

Unfortunately the only hint of democracy I can see on this board is the bands' last album.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 03:44:36 PM »

Just said that your "act" seems familiar.

Banning someone for being full of themselves? Sounds like you just don't like people to have an opinion to me

Yeah, when somebody's so full of them self that a friendly suggestion from a moderator and/or administrator to stop the insults isn't respectec, then there'll be a problem.

Some people have a hard time with "taking orders".

It's pretty silly really. The person is a guest and the host tells him/her that he/she isn't acting in a proper way, and instead of changing their ways, they take it as an insult on their person.... 

I see this a lot.

"I don't take orders from someone like you." Blah blah blah.

Nothing to do with opinions.

A lot of people can express their opinion like adults.

Democracy? You go into somebody else's house and tell them about democracy. How you have the right to do as you wish.

Let me know how it goes.

Wink

/jarmo

Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »

I just hope my work doesn't screw me over.

However, I'm well pumped for this. Going to try and get Manc, Notts, newcastle and Glasgow. Possible London, if funds and the mrs doesn't kick off.

Yeah, ?50 is a bit steep considering 2010 was ?40, although its the beer tokens and travelling costs to each shows that really burn a whole in the pocket. if you are willing to pay for those, can't complain to much about and extra ?10.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: