Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Autograph Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Autograph Question  (Read 1818 times)
tcb20
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »

There is an item on ebay that the seller says is signed by Axl.  I asked for more info non his COA and here is the info I got:
We issue our own COA with lifetime guarantee, the wording of it is shown in each auction toward the bottom
We are members of IACC and member in good standing with the UACC.
We abide by all rules for sales that both of these clubs put forth
Also we have 100% feedback on almost 1500 items that we have sold, all with no problem to authenticity
I hope that helps

What do you think???
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »

Buying any kind of signature on ebay is very risky in itself. I would say that 80% of the signatures on ebay are fakes, and some are very bad fakes. I would personally never buy one off of ebay, even if the seller does all he can to convince me it's genuine.

I know it's an old saying, but it's true, you only ever know something is real if you see the person sign it right in front of you. I'd say the best chance you have of getting real signatures is from competitions where the artist has been involved, or some kind of fan club (like Ron Thal) where he signs items purchased on his own site.

Anything else is based on taking a chance, and I certainly wouldn't chance it on ebay...... it's like asking to get ripped off.

Try to do some investigating, and you might come across an authentic dealer or store. You often have a gut feeling from the vibes of the site, whether it's trustworthy or not. They will be covered by the highest gaurantee that every signature is authentic, and will also give you a proper certificate. Again, it's not bulletproof but I'd always go along that route than going onto ebay.....hope I've helped.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:56:43 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:03:45 AM »

Pm me a link to the auction or just the item number. There are a few legit ones that just popped up on eBay from the NYC shows.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »

yeah lets see a link too the item. And never trust a COA anyone can print them.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »

To me, personally, even if I knew with 100% certainty an autograph was "real," I would never pay for it. It means nothing to me unless I was there, I handed it to him, he signed it, and gave it back to me. But to each his own. And as Willow said, anyone can print a COA.

Axl is God.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »

Well how the fuck did ya hand him your arm then?! Wink

And I agree about paying for autos, theres only been three or four I purchased but with good reasoning...(Lacuna Coil CD because it was cheaper than the cd itself, a tour poster auto'd to a female, and Charlie Daniels from his webstore, and there may be one I'm forgetting.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »

Well how the fuck did ya hand him your arm then?! Wink

And I agree about paying for autos, theres only been three or four I purchased but with good reasoning...(Lacuna Coil CD because it was cheaper than the cd itself, a tour poster auto'd to a female, and Charlie Daniels from his webstore, and there may be one I'm forgetting.

I wonder if anyone's handed him their prosthetic limb to sign, lol. It's terrible they are missing a limb, but that'd be fucking funny.

Axl is God.
tcb20
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »

Auction has ended but here is the link to it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160750692389?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1215wt_931

It's not GNR but on the KISS renuion tour in Cincinnatti, some did throw their leg on stage and the signed it and threw it back!  You can see it on the Second Comming DVD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: