Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:50:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).  (Read 80228 times)
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »

Brain should have played the drums!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 01:11:02 PM »

Excelent News, Robin & Brian Good Vibe Whit GN'R... Hope New Music

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRwosIu5bo

You're Crazy!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »

It's easy to forget just how long it's been since we saw Robin and Brain onstage with GN'R...

Robin's last performance with GN'R, before last night was in 2007 in Japan. (5 years)
And Brain's was in 2006 at The Inland Invasion. (6 years)

My heart is overjoyed to know that they both played again with Guns, last night. Just them being there, with the GN'R family is enough to make me smile ear to ear. I bet Robin and Richard loved catching up together, and they should have played "Beautiful".  drool Would have Pwned...  Grin

beer

Well done GN'R, and all of the member's who played last night..... from former friends..... Love You Robin and Brain...forever GN'R members.  Smiley
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »

I thought the last time Brain played with GNR was in 2006.

Awesome You're Crazy video.

Broski
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »

AWESOME set list and to see that my ole favorite got up and played better  smoking
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 01:49:04 PM »

Wow I am flying high right now - and I didn't even attend the show (floating here in NYC!).  Robin is one of my favorite ARTISTS, and of course guitarists - been a fan of his since '94 when I saw him play with NIN and have been hooked since.  When he joined G N' R it was a dream come true.  So you can imagine how I felt when he was not a part of the band anymore.  Though I respect and am grateful for what Dj has done in the band so far.

But to see Robin play again with Axl is fantastic; I really hope he can be a part of some future projects with G N' R, and/or still be a part of some past endeavors that still remain to be released.

I really hope someone was able to capture some great video of Robin playing.  And Kat, Fernando and Del snapped some fine photos  Wink

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 01:53:11 PM »

Robin is awesome

I keep seeing the bands really hot blonde photographer, I hope she's back for the UK tour  Wink

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »

Brain should have played the drums!

Totally agree!

One question: Did DJ left the stage during better?

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 01:59:44 PM »

Your Crazy ft Brain on the Bongos!!! THere ya go!!
Axl sounds amazing!! defiantly got stronger towards the end of a long U.S. tour!! ( always a good thing)

Thanks Guns Camp for the Long U.S. arena/theater tour!! it was an honer to have seen three shows!
Amazing like always !!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:01:19 PM by Estranged#9 » Logged

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 02:09:26 PM »

Rocket Queen with Brain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCV6Kn0w1h4&list=UUNWeUUBFigjLtVuN76HMMsg&index=3&feature=plcp

Broski
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »

Guns N Roses - Mr. Brownstone - LA House of Blues on Sunset - 3/12/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUH97sewuGE

Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle - LA House of Blues on Sunset - 3/12/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpHujWepSl0

Guns N Roses - Rocket Queen - LA House of Blues on Sunset - 3/12/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCV6Kn0w1h4

Guns N Roses - You Could Be Mine - LA House of Blues on Sunset - 3/12/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcQYmGSxGZ8

Sebastian & Axl singing My Michelle at HOB, Hollywood. 3/12/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zbjDl1Eh10

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:20:42 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »

WE NEED A VIDEO OF BETTER!!!

Broski
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 02:33:43 PM »

Live Review: Guns N' Roses ? House of Blues, West Hollywood

Tue, 13 Mar 2012

It's time for rock 'n' roll fans to stop worrying about inductions, awards ceremonies, press opinions, message boards, empty industry accolades, and meaningless back-patting.

None of that has anything to do with the actual music.

Were Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin fans in the 1970s concerned with Soundscan numbers? It's highly doubtful. When Master of Puppets dropped in 1986, did the Metallica faithful worry if the band would get a Grammy or an induction thirty years down the road? No. Facebook statuses and tweets shouldn't define the zeitgeist?nor should critical diatribes. Fans need to experience music and immerse themselves in it on their own.

In its purest form, rock music isn't created to achieve any of those aforementioned falsities or to appease corrupt corporate machinations controlling the business. Rock wasn't even made to accrue the trappings of excess that have often unfairly been pinned to it over the years.

Those men on stage are "artists" at the end of the day, and their music is "art". That notion should never be forgotten. It's crucial. Like classic Greek theater boasting a catharsis at the end, rock music has forever been about providing a release for both the fans and the artists. That's what Guns N' Roses were always about from day one, and they still are to this day. Closing out their historical three show "L.A. Takeover" at the sold out West Hollywood House of Blues, Guns N' Roses solidified their status as the greatest American rock band of all time once more.

There's no one like Axl Rose. He's still the most magnetic and talented frontman in the game. From his uncontainable energy on stage to his divine pipes, he's the personification of rock 'n' roll. Guns N' Roses?Axl, DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal [Guitarists], Tommy Stinson [Bass], Frank Ferrer [Drums], and Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman [Keyboards, Piano]?marvelously ushered the start-studded Hollywood crowd through every era of rock music, on their own terms. Everything commenced with the distorted industrial twitch of "Chinese Democracy". DJ Ashba ripped through the opening riff authoritatively as Ax moved to the center of the stage to overwhelming cheers. His voice remained utterly flawless for the three-plus hours to follow. He hit the bellowing baritone of "Chinese Democracy" on the verse and then elevated the chorus to a vocal level beyond comparison.

The guitar trifecta of Ashba, Fortus, and "Bumblefoot" added an element of precise thrash danger to "Welcome to the Jungle" as Axl lyrically stomped through the mean the streets that birthed Guns N' Roses with inimitable charm and towering vocal range. Ferrer flawlessly laid down the rhythmic foundation for "It's So Easy" preserving the song's punk panache while bringing an element of personal groove. "Mr. Brownstone" also gave the three axemen another chance to brandish their fiery fretwork, deepening the classic tune.

From Chinese Democracy, "Sorry" simply soared as Axl hit one resounding high note before the last chorus that sent chills through everyone in the building. The band slowed down "You're Crazy" with a funky, R&B swagger that nodded to Jimi Hendrix and James Brown simultaneously.

Afterwards, Axl grinned, "That's an interesting smell."

Laughs abounded as puffs of smoke rose from the crowd intermittently. Quickly Stinson perfectly plucked out the sexy intro of Appetite for Destruction closer "Rocket Queen" as the rest of the band steamrolled into a bluesy metal explosion of musical mastery and scantily clad models adorning the jumbo screen from them. It was about as rock 'n' roll as this generation gets.

Reed and Pitman's pianos drew the intimate audience in even closer into the band's embrace at the start of "Estranged". During those Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II epics, everything sounded so majestic. Like "November Rain", "Estranged" rose as a symphony does with different movements from "Bumblefoot" and Ashba's echoing leads to Axl's incredible delivery. Every element converged for pure rock bliss. The same magical phenomenon occured a little later during another modern masterpiece from the band, "This I Love".

Finishing "Estranged", Axl spoke again, "Thank you. I mean that. I want to thank everyone that came out to the arena, club, and theater tour and the fans for making it a great success."

It was a tender and gracious moment that seamlessly launched into a vicious "Live and Let Die". The group collectively adopted a fun honky-tonk hop during "Used to Love Her" and a searing cover of The Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers".

Axl went on, "It's really fun to be ending this little run on sunset. It's a bit of a homecoming for me."

That homecoming proved to be the utterly perfect rock show. Remember, the music is all that matters at the end of the day and Axl always delivers on stage and in the studio. Guns N' Roses still rule rock 'n' roll, and if you have a problem with it, to cite a line from "It's So Easy", "Why don't you just fuck off?"

?Rick Florino

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/live-review-guns-n-roses-house-of-blues-west-hollywood/9910623

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

You want reunion? Well...there you go .

+1

A reunion I really dont mind. Now let's get back to business. More touring coming up and new album hopefully.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »

Video of "Better."  PLEASE!?

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »

It is obvious that at the beginning of "You Could Be Mine" Axl had just received word that Robin had shown up to play.  hihi

"FUCK YEAH!"

CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »

rofl

Broski
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2012, 03:00:26 PM »

Better Video, Better Video, Better Video, Better Video....."repeat after me"... hihi

But seriously, we better have at least some video footage of The Finckster up on stage with Guns again........I'm dying here.  drool
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

This whereisjerry cat has some great videos.  I hope he got "Better!"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: