Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:55:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).  (Read 80229 times)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »

Man all you Robin lovers freak me out. Where were you when he was in the band? He was always ridiculed and his playing was trashed.

I was always a Robin fan but it is interesting all of a sudden this nostalgic love just kicks in.

Anyway I wonder how this happened? Did DJ just watch from the side of the stage? If so was he feeling uncomfertable?
I've always loved Robin. However I did not post much on GNR forums when he was in the band.

Robin is one of my favorite GNR members of all time. Perhaps my favorite. DJ on the other hand....least favorite by far.

Broski
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »

Brain and Robin in the dressing room

Absolutely amazing seeing those 2 back together, and back onstage with Guns N' Roses. Robin and Brain seemed really relaxed, and they were having a real good time.  Grin

Also seen the brilliant video of Robin performing Better with GN'R..... and again I'm speechless. How I missed that energy and stage presence, and it was good seeing Robin up there in attire which reminding everyone of the clothes he wore in 2006/7. I also noticed in Better, guitar lines and the feel of the overall song, was much more rounder, and it seemed thicker..... and I was hearing guitar lines in the song that I hear on the album.

Also, it goes without saying but Robin ripped that solo a new one, really sounded fuckin ace, and again missed hearing it played with that vibe that's present on the album.

I can't deny my love and preference to Robin, in an ideal world, he would be back in GN'R, but everybody knows that. I LOVE his musical style, his whole look and attitude.....and I LOVE his stage presence and persona. I also sensed that Axl was very grateful to have Robin there, and showed it by giving an awesome performance of Better and putting his arm around Robin at the end as if to say "Thank You".

Can't stop watching this awesome video.

Better with Robin Los Angeles. HOB 2012..... love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYXcZBYEfog
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:46:57 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »

Is it just me or is that the alt Riad artwork on the screen in the background during Mama Kin?

Edit: TIL too
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:49:47 AM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »

Not alt artwork, thats the real artwork...but yes, Red hand cover art was used on the screens.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »

Wow, what an amazing show. Loved the vid of Axl and Baz belting out My Michelle. They always have such a great connection onstage and their energy is so intense it jumps off the screen at you.

So cool to have the guest performances from Brain and Robin as well. Mind you, I'd never want to lose either Dj or Frank as I think they're both a perfect fit for GN'R and great ambassadors for the band as they're so fan-friendly, as well as being great musicians.

Congratulations to the band, the GN'R family and all the crew for a highly successful romp through the US. What a fantastic way to end the UCAP leg of the tour - although you're welcome to extend it when you visit the UK if you like, lads.  Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2012, 12:48:45 PM »

I really, really hope Robin is still going to be on some of the unreleased music that's coming out...eventually.  drool
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

I also noticed in Better, guitar lines and the feel of the overall song, was much more rounder, and it seemed thicker..... and I was hearing guitar lines in the song that I hear on the album.

I noticed this also and got me thinking...the Chinese Democracy material is much harder to replicate than past material.

and it was good seeing Robin up there in attire which reminding everyone of the clothes he wore in 2006/7.

Indeed.

I really, really hope Robin is still going to be on some of the unreleased music that's coming out...eventually.  drool

I'm sure this will happen.

However in the end Guns N' Roses out of the studio is not a band for Robin....it is too unpredictable and you have to commit 100%. How many times have we heard members drop everything once they get that call from management?

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »

Robins unpredictability is part of what makes him so epic.

Lets be honest. Robin is and always will be Axl's first choice.

DJ is nothing more than the audiance participation guy as far as I can tell. Seems he only wants the GNR gig so he can sell more AshbaSWAG and promote himself. I don't like his image, his attitude and his whole get-up. His playing is good but, on a stage with Ron and 4tus it just doesn't cut it. And I really am not interested in listening to songs he wrote for GNR...we don't need a Motley Cure or Sixx AM sounding album.

I love the current lineup. Seen em' 6 times and loved every second of it. But Robin is GNR and always will be.

Broski
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2HyvtEYMsI&feature=share
Another version of Better.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

And I really am not interested in listening to songs he wrote for GNR...we don't need a Motley Cure or Sixx AM sounding album.

Don't jump to conclusions yet....I'm sure the next GNR album will be the greatest GNR album of alltime! (CD will be hard to top though)

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

You asked him?

And I really am not interested in listening to songs he wrote for GNR...we don't need a Motley Cure or Sixx AM sounding album.

What a close minded thing to say.

Does Riad N' The Bedouins sound like Tommy's solo material?

One of Axl's gifts is that he makes people work together. It won't sound like anything other than GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »

I think some people are surprised at just how overwhelming the reaction has been to Robin sharing the stage with GN'R again. It just shows you, just how many Guns fans from all over the world, loved Robin in GN'R, and I'm really happy that people are expressing their love for someone who put 11 years into Guns N' Roses.

It's all over Facebook, GN'R forums, it's being reported in the media..... and I personally have heard a few passengers talking about it at work. I work at Birmingham Airport, and I was talking to a couple today who came through. And we got talking about GN'R as one of them was sporting a 2006 tour shirt, and they straight away said did you hear the news about Robin joining Guns again.....and we chatted about it for 15mins.

So, I for one am overjoyed at the overwhelming positive reaction from the GN'R community......and I'm so happy for the support Robin has got over the last few days.  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2012, 01:54:30 PM »

He's probably more popular among GN'R fans now than when he was in the band...

People love to whine and find things to complain about until that thing goes away. Then they miss it.

Some of these fans are "upset" that GN'R are touring the world.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »

You asked him?

One of Axl's gifts is that he makes people work together. It won't sound like anything other than GN'R.

/jarmo
No I didn't ask Axl if Robin was his first choice as a player. But it's fairly obvious for various reasons.

I fail to see how my comment was close minded. I've heard various things DJ Ashba has done for various bands and they all sound generic and boring to me.

No, Riad doesn't sound like Tommy solo material. Tommy Stinson is a great talented song writer. DJ isn't as far as I'm concerned.

You defend everyone in the current band like it's your job (it probably is). If Robin rejoined tomorow you'd flop back to his defense.

I have no doubt that an Ashba written GNR album will be sub-par in comparison to CD era material. And I don't have any interest in an Ashba/GNR album, when there is CD era material I've been waiting to hear for YEARS with some of my favorite musicians of all time...That's what I want to hear!

Just my opinion. DJ can take a hike.

Broski
DnR
Headliner

« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »

Nice to see Finck back! Still prefer DJ but its cool to have a few old members pop up now and again  ok Shame the bucket wasnt there  drool

And il put it this out there, why why WHY! did Finck not come out and do his TIL solo!!  Angry Sad
DnR
Headliner

« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »

You asked him?

/jarmo
No I didn't ask Axl if Robin was his first choice as a player. But it's fairly obvious for various reasons.

I fail to see how my comment was close minded. I've heard various things DJ Ashba has done for various bands and they all sound generic and boring to me.

No, Riad doesn't sound like Tommy solo material. Tommy Stinson is a great talented song writer. DJ isn't as far as I'm concerned.

You defend everyone in the current band like it's your job (it probably is). If Robin rejoined tomorow you'd flop back to his defense.

I have no doubt that an Ashba written GNR album will be sub-par in comparison to CD era material. And I don't have any interest in an Ashba/GNR album, when there is CD era material I've been waiting to hear for YEARS with some of my favorite musicians of all time...That's what I want to hear!

I couldn't tell you one good thing Finck did outside of GnR, and his stuff on chinese was great, so lets not judge DJs past work on what he would be like on a gnr album, example Slash stuff has been nowhere near what he was writing with Guns back in the day, past work means nothing.  ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »

You asked him?

/jarmo

cool story bro

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »

Been waiting to hear that one again for years peace! AWESOME (doing the voice)

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »

He's probably more popular among GN'R fans now than when he was in the band...

People love to whine and find things to complain about until that thing goes away. Then they miss it.

Some of these fans are "upset" that GN'R are touring the world.

/jarmo

+1

Agreed 100%

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

I couldn't tell you one good thing Finck did outside of GnR, and his stuff on chinese was great, so lets not judge DJs past work on what he would be like on a gnr album, example Slash stuff has been nowhere near what he was writing with Guns back in the day, past work means nothing.  ok

lol, ever heard of Nine Inch Nails?

Hey, I'd love Ashba/GNR material to blow me away. Nothing would be cooler. But I personally can't say I'm too excited about it for now especially when there is Bucket/Finck/Brain/Tobias material still waiting to be heard.

Broski
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: