Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84602 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »

I like these Sunday night match ups:

Week 4: NY Giants @ Eagles - Sunday, Sept. 30th - 8:20 p.m. NBC

Week 9: Cowboys @ Falcons - Sunday, Nov. 4th - 8:20 p.m.NBC

Week 12: Packers @ NY Giants - Sunday, Nov. 25th - 8:20 p.m. NBC

Week 13: Eagles @ Cowboys - Sunday, Dec. 2nd - 8:20 p.m. NBC

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »

Sunday Night Football has the best group of games IMO

Week 1: Steelers @ Broncos      Sunday, Sept. 9th - 8:20 p.m.      NBC
 Week 2: Lions @ 49ers             Sunday, Sept. 16th - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 3: Patriots @ Ravens     Sunday, Sept. 23rd - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 4: NY Giants @ Eagles     Sunday, Sept. 30th - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 5: Chargers @ Saints     Sunday, Oct. 7th - 8:20 p.m.             NBC
 Week 6: Packers @ Texans     Sunday, Oct. 14th - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 7: Steelers @ Bengals     Sunday, Oct. 21st - 8:20 p.m.             NBC
 Week 8: Saints @ Broncos     Sunday, Oct. 28th - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 9: Cowboys @ Falcons     Sunday, Nov. 4th - 8:20 p.m.             NBC
 Week 10: Texans @ Bears     Sunday, Nov. 11th - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 11: Ravens @ Steelers     Sunday, Nov. 18th - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 12: Packers @ NY Giants     Sunday, Nov. 25th - 8:20 p.m.    NBC
 Week 13: Eagles @ Cowboys     Sunday, Dec. 2nd - 8:20 p.m.       NBC
 Week 14: Lions @ Packers     Sunday, Dec. 9th - 8:20 p.m.             NBC
 Week 15: 49ers @ Patriots     Sunday, Dec. 16th - 8:20 p.m.     NBC
 Week 16: Chargers @ Jets     Sunday, Dec. 23rd - 8:20 p.m.     NBC

Coop

...not to mention THEE best commentators in the business:  Michaels and Collinsworth kick ass!   yes
I'm not a Giants or Cowboys fan, but I am REALLY looking forward to that opening Wednesday Night game.
That 'boys-Giants game at the end of last season was embarrassing for the 'boys.  I smell a revenge win at home for Dallas on opening night.

btw, what are the odds Tebow's starting for the Jets in Week 16?  I'd say 50-50. 
Odds the Jets are in the playoffs?  40-60.  I see misery in NY this year.

2012 Playoffs:
AFC Div. winners:
Pats
Ravens
Texans
Chiefs
Wildcards:
Bills
Broncos

NFC Div. Winners:
Cowboys
Packers
Falcons
49ers
Wildcards:
Eagles
Saints

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »

The Cowboys finally got a decent coach or at least a likeable coach. I want to see Jason Garrett do very well. I just wish they would move on from the Romo era and get a good quarterback. I've just never believed in Tony Romo's ability to lead the Cowboys to another Super Bowl victory.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 04:24:27 PM »

The Cowboys finally got a decent coach or at least a likeable coach. I want to see Jason Garrett do very well. I just wish they would move on from the Romo era and get a good quarterback. I've just never believed in Tony Romo's ability to lead the Cowboys to another Super Bowl victory.

I'm with Aikman when it comes to Romo.  Surround Romo with protection and a good defense, and they'll be contenders.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »

^Totally agree...they just need to get it done now that they know the plan.....Jerry "the snake" Jones holds that team back more than helps IMO

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 12:45:04 AM »

Jason Garrett sucks

Terrible O Coordinator

all those weapons and has the most vanilla,predictable, crap offense in the NFL

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 01:14:46 PM »

I'm with Aikman when it comes to Romo.  Surround Romo with protection and a good defense, and they'll be contenders.

This is probably true. Maybe's it's just something personality wise that I don't like about him. Mainly on the field, talent-wise. He's probably a decent guy.

Jason Garrett sucks

Terrible O Coordinator

But Jason Garrett is a huge improvement over Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Chan Gailey, and Bill Parcells. Complete failures.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »

This is probably true. Maybe's it's just something personality wise that I don't like about him. Mainly on the field, talent-wise. He's probably a decent guy.

Jason Garrett sucks

Terrible O Coordinator

But Jason Garrett is a huge improvement over Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Chan Gailey, and Bill Parcells. Complete failures.

Hey Drew, judging from your extreme dislike of Donovan McNabb, I can see why you're not crazy about Tony Romo.  (not that they are clones) but both can be, how do I put it, loosey goosey? 
You won't exactly sense the ever-present intensity you see in Peyton or Brady or Warner in a guy like Romo.  He flashes it, but then the next minute he's got his hat on backwards laughing.

btw, again to set the record straight, I was always a big McNabb fan...but even I at this point have to say Donovan's out of touch with reality.  He should NOT be a HOF quarterback.  If I was Philly's top brass, I'd give him a team career honor, but NFL HoF?  No.  Had he showed something, ANYTHING, in Washington or Minnesota, he'd have had a shot...but no.
...and for him to say his #'s backed up his case, again, no.  Different eras Donovan.  apples and oranges.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »

Hey Drew, judging from your extreme dislike of Donovan McNabb, I can see why you're not crazy about Tony Romo.  (not that they are clones) but both can be, how do I put it, loosey goosey? 
You won't exactly sense the ever-present intensity you see in Peyton or Brady or Warner in a guy like Romo.  He flashes it, but then the next minute he's got his hat on backwards laughing.

btw, again to set the record straight, I was always a big McNabb fan...but even I at this point have to say Donovan's out of touch with reality.  He should NOT be a HOF quarterback.  If I was Philly's top brass, I'd give him a team career honor, but NFL HoF?  No.  Had he showed something, ANYTHING, in Washington or Minnesota, he'd have had a shot...but no.
...and for him to say his #'s backed up his case, again, no.  Different eras Donovan.  apples and oranges.

I think you said everything really well concerning both Tony and Donovan. And besides my dislike of Donovan, your exactly right about his numbers not being inline to be in the Hall of Fame. A team career honor from the Eagles would be deserving for him.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

Now the Saints GM has been reportedly caught eavesdropping on the opposing locker room via electronic device. I suspect this is gonna lead to a longer suspension and more punishment for the Saints. This team is just become despicable.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:30 PM »

^It's like they're trying to make fans forget that they ever won a Superbowl...not sure how I would enjoy the season if I were a Saints fan this year

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:46 PM »

I'd be ashamed to be a fan again. Maybe they'll start wearing the bags on their heads again.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 12:22:40 AM »

I'd be ashamed to be a fan again. Maybe they'll start wearing the bags on their heads again.

Nice  rofl

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »

The NFL should ban the Saints for one year from any play or any type of organization. Than, we'll see if Drew Brees signs a contract extension come this time next year or not.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

I think the league has no choice but to take further action, this time what the GM was doing was a felony. This is serious shit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »

I think the league has no choice but to take further action, this time what the GM was doing was a felony. This is serious shit.

It WAS.  The question is...can they prosecute based on the statute of limitations. 

But...none of that matters to the league (who has no statute of limitations).  They've GOT to come down hard on the whole organization.  I almost wonder if they need to take an NCAA stance and make them ineligible for postseason play for a year or two.

Let them play their regular season...but make it meaningless.  I don't think they can shutter the team, completely (I think that's in the league bylaws...they'd have to revoke the franchise, entirely)...but they certainly can take draft picks, fine them, AND take away their entitlement to play in the playoffs.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »

It WAS.  The question is...can they prosecute based on the statute of limitations. 

But...none of that matters to the league (who has no statute of limitations).  They've GOT to come down hard on the whole organization.  I almost wonder if they need to take an NCAA stance and make them ineligible for postseason play for a year or two.

Let them play their regular season...but make it meaningless.  I don't think they can shutter the team, completely (I think that's in the league bylaws...they'd have to revoke the franchise, entirely)...but they certainly can take draft picks, fine them, AND take away their entitlement to play in the playoffs.

Exactly, if the league determines this is true, they will lower the boom on New Orleans. The penalty for this will make the punishment for the bounty system look like nothing. I think if this is true Loomis needs to get a Greg Williams type suspension, meaning until further notice and possibly banned forever. He obviously has no regard for league rules and regulations.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »

Wes Welker has yet to sign the franchise tender the New England Patriots slapped on the receiver March 6. Listening to his words Tuesday, Welker doesn't sound like a man about to put pen to paper:

"Through my body of work, through the past five years, I think what I've done -- I've earned a long-term deal," Welker told ESPN Boston. "It's what I am looking for and what I want. Hopefully that's the case and hopefully we come to something where we can make that happen."

Welker was a no-show last week for the start of New England's voluntary workout program. The team's minicamp from June 12-14 is mandatory, but Welker is threatening to steer clear.

"I'm not 100 percent sure on that. I don't know if I will or not. I'm thinking I'm probably not going to, but things could change," Welker said. "We'll just see how it all plays out."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8288f787/article/welker-stands-pat-ive-earned-a-longterm-deal?module=HP11_headline_stack

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »

I tend to agree with him, i think he deserves that long term deal.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »

I thought the Saints coach Joe Vitt made himself look like a complete moron in his press conference Tuesday. His comments about the players never crossing the white line to hurt another player and that it was impossible that Lommis would ever wiretap other coaches and teams.

Are the Saints the only team that does this? Probably not. But making yourself look like a denying idiot doesn't gain you any credit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: