Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:36:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84659 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »

It appears that the Pro Bowl is history, there will still be players selected as Pro Bowlers but the game won't be played. I have to say i'm thrilled about this. The NFL all star game is the biggest snooze fest of all the major sports, especially since players from the Super Bowl teams can't partake.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 08:07:30 PM »

The Pro Bowl has never been entertaining or even worth watching for me. The fact that there's no competition at all makes it a complete joke and waste of time. And it shows how big headed the NFL is by awarding players a "Pro Bowl award" when there isn't even a game to attend.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »

The Pro Bowl has never been entertaining or even worth watching for me. The fact that there's no competition at all makes it a complete joke and waste of time. And it shows how big headed the NFL is by awarding players a "Pro Bowl award" when there isn't even a game to attend.

Couldn't agree more with the joy of watching that flaming turd of a game gone!  Stick a fork in that shit fest.   beer
About still offering Pro Bowl awards/voting/etc., they've gotta do that contractually.  $$$ talks.   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 10:59:13 PM »

how 'bout my Vikes with a kick-ass 1st Round???  Starting L tackle and a starting safety.  I am pleasantly surprised with how solid we've been.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »

how 'bout my Vikes with a kick-ass 1st Round???  Starting L tackle and a starting safety.  I am pleasantly surprised with how solid we've been.

I was kinda surprised that the Vikings made the trade with Cleveland, and didn't pick up another running back. I know Minnesota already has Adrian Peterson at running back but as much as running backs are beat up game after game, I thought it might be wise to get another one.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »

I think the Vikes were one of the "winners" of the 1st RD...but WoW that draft was pretty quick compared to most..seems like everyone for the most part got who they needed or wanted...not many "losers" in that RD. Hope Everyone is HaPPy with your picks!

Call me crazy, but I like the 49er pick..Illinois had a shitty QB and A.J. Jenkins still put together a hell of a season making some really tough grabs...plus the guy has true SPEED and knows how to use it, but I like the fact that he has really good hands and "goes after" catches that some receivers would give up on. Not sure what he'll bring to the table in year one, but I think he'll fit in just fine.

I'm curious to see where all these low 1st RD projected WRs are going to land in the 2nd RD and Colby Fleener!

Coop    peace
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:25:43 PM by SpecialAgentCooper » Logged

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

In a phone interview this morning, A.J. Jenkins? agent said he heard a ?ton? of pre-draft buzz about his client and knew the 49ers ?fell in love? with the Illinois wide receiver.

Still, he remained cautiously optimistic. He even advised Jenkins to not obsess about watching the first round of the draft Thursday night from his family?s home in Jacksonville, Fla.

?You can?t always believe everything you hear, especially in this business,? Jonathan Perzley said. ?But we knew he wasn?t going out of the top 40. It wasn?t possible. Not with the teams that need good, solid receivers. And with the character of this guy, and his production, and all his measurables, you can?t let a guy like that slide.?

As it turns out, obviously, some of that pre-draft chatter was legitimate.

The 49ers clearly fell head over heels for Jenkins, who they selected 30th overall, and they apparently weren?t alone.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, citing league sources, reported the Rams coveted Jenkins and had given him a similar grade to Oklahoma State wideout Justin Blackmon, who went fifth overall to Jacksonville. Sports Illustrated?s Peter King reported one ?club official? said his team had Jenkins rated ahead of Notre Dame wideout Michael Floyd, who was selected with the No. 13 pick by Arizona.

?He didn?t have a good quarterback to get him the ball, and he?s raw,? King?s source said. ?But he?s fast. We liked him a lot.??

The other interest surrounding Jenkins helps explain why the 49ers passed on a potential trade with the Vikings to move back five spots from No. 30 to No. 35. The Rams, after all, have pick No. 33, the first in today?s second round.

?I think if you follow this story a little longer and over the course of the next few days, you?re going to find that there were a lot more people that liked A.J. than just the San Francisco 49ers,? 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said Thursday night. ?He would have gone a lot sooner tomorrow than a lot of people may think. I?ll let you dig and find that information, but we?re very confident in the pick and very glad to have A.J. on board.?

It looks like Baalke was right.

Time will tell if he (and others) was right about Jenkins.

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 06:36:15 PM »

the only "loser" I could think of was possibly the Rams. 
They nearly pulled off the perfect plan to nab Blackmon...came up one pick shy.
I love the draft!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »

the only "loser" I could think of was possibly the Rams.
They nearly pulled off the perfect plan to nab Blackmon...came up one pick shy.
I love the draft!

Ya I have to agree with that, but I think the Rams are more about building picks and taking value players because they have so many holes to fill... Jeff Fisher knows how to build a team...they are still three years away from being a playoff team.

49ers 2nd RD pick:    James, LaMichael   RB   5'8"   194   Oregon ...we just drafted the next Sproles IMO. We just turned our two-head monster into a three and added depth to our return game...I really like how this draft is going so far!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2012, 10:48:06 AM »

I kinda wish Dallas would have been able to select Ryan Tannehill. I think it would have been a good pick for Atlanta as well. He seems to get slammed pretty hard by all the draft gurus. Maybe their right, maybe their wrong. From what I've seen of him thru his interviews, I'd like to see him succeed and turn the Dolphins around.

Philadelphia has certainly made some picks to help their defense.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

NFL Week 1: SF vs GB = Bloodbath! It's gonna be a hell of a good game to open the season with!

Go Niners!!!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 08:19:42 AM »

One more quarterback I am rooting for is Kirk Cousins who was drafted by the Redskins. I would've much rather seen him go to Dallas or Atlanta as a backup and future starter but hopefully he'll catch on and be very productive.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2012, 03:14:55 AM »

At least he went out with a bang.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »

Too early? I laughed

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »

Too early? I laughed

Coop

Never too early!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »

New Orleans got off pretty easy with only a few players receiving suspensions for the bounties.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 10:56:46 PM »

They really did, i was expecting much worse.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »

Anyone hear Chris Carter talking about how he had bounties on other players? Is this not exactly the thug mentality of people like him. And to say that the NFL needs to change it's ways because this is the mindset new players are acquainted with once they enter the league, is completely asinine of him. Yeah, this is the mindset because of thugs like Chris Carter who were putting bounties out on other players. This is exactly why he's been passed over and over for the Hall Of Fame. He's always been a true douche bag!  rant

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »

Anyone hear Chris Carter talking about how he had bounties on other players? Is this not exactly the thug mentality of people like him. And to say that the NFL needs to change it's ways because this is the mindset new players are acquainted with once they enter the league, is completely asinine of him. Yeah, this is the mindset because of thugs like Chris Carter who were putting bounties out on other players. This is exactly why he's been passed over and over for the Hall Of Fame. He's always been a true douche bag!  rant

Before he goes all "Jim Rome" on you, ya better just spell that Cris.   hihi

I don't know man, what did Cris Carter say that was so bad?  I just figured they always got players back, a-la pitchers beaning pitchers who beaned their guys earlier.

The Saints went over the line when they went out to hurt and maim the competition.  Carter hasn't (if I'm not mistaken) said he wanted guys injured or taken out of the game.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...I often am!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »

Before he goes all "Jim Rome" on you, ya better just spell that Cris.   hihi

I don't know man, what did Cris Carter say that was so bad?  I just figured they always got players back, a-la pitchers beaning pitchers who beaned their guys earlier.

The Saints went over the line when they went out to hurt and maim the competition.  Carter hasn't (if I'm not mistaken) said he wanted guys injured or taken out of the game.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...I often am!   hihi

These were his comments.

"I'm guilty of it," Carter said, according to ProFootballTalk.com. "It's the first time I've ever admitted it. But I put a bounty on guys before. I put bounties on guys. And the guys tried to take me out, a guy tried to take a cheap shot on me, I put a bounty on him, right now."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f6148/article/cris-carter-reveals-he-used-bounties-while-with-vikings-eagles

Now, he's putting all the blame on the NFL saying that they need to change their ways. Really? It's thugs like him continued to carry on this tradition which ended up leading to the New Orleans scandal.

I have a solution. You get caught, your banned for life from the NFL! The NFL could really do some good getting these type of thugs out of the game in my opinion.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: