Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84027 times)
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« on: March 29, 2012, 05:57:39 PM »

Grin

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »

Just realized we didnt have the new thread started yet

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »

So does anyone think that if the Saints pick-up Parcells they may have a chance to do something this year?

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »

So does anyone think that if the Saints pick-up Parcells they may have a chance to do something this year?

Coop

I think they would have been better off with Payton. This is a rapidly changing league and Parcells hasn't won a playoff game since 1998. I think he was a good coach but he doesn't have some wizard's touch. He got good players and built good teams.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »

I think they would have been better off with Payton. This is a rapidly changing league and Parcells hasn't won a playoff game since 1998. I think he was a good coach but he doesn't have some wizard's touch. He got good players and built good teams.

I would have to agree with you...you would think that they would bring someone younger or with at least more current experience...but I also know it's a limited-time job so that makes it harder to bring just anybody in. I'm curious to see how Payton's appeal goes.

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »

It seems like only a matter of time before there will be a movie based on the life of Brett Favre. A larger-than-life gunslinger who became a football ironman after being given up on by the Atlanta Falcons after one year, he's right out of central casting -- from the ability to play injured to his southern drawl to his love of playing the game.

A documentary film -- Last Day At Lambeau -- by first-time director Michael Neelsen is scheduled to debut at the annual Wisconsin Film Festival next month as one of the headline feature films of the festival.

The documentary, which will be shown to festival judges at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, at the Manona Terrace in Madison, depicts the ugly divorce between the Packers and Favre, who came out of retirement and forced the hand of the Packers to either trade him or release him. The trade to the Jets, which was tied up with a clause that would make New York compensate the Packers with a pair of first-round picks if they traded Favre to the Vikings, only cemented the animosity. It covers the time span from early 2008 when Favre threw his last pass as a Packer -- an interception in overtime that led to the Giants' game-winning field goal that sent them to the Super Bowl -- until Oct. 24, 2010, Favre's last pass thrown at Lambeau Field, which was an incompletion that skidded off the hands of Randy Moss to end a furious comeback.

The film has been described as "even-handed" -- neither lionizing nor vilifying Favre or the process that led to his exodus from Green Bay. That isn't an easy proposition, since Favre is as identifiable with anyone in Packer history with the exception of Vince Lombardi.

The documentary is centered more around how fans of the NFL identify with players and the feeling that they are somehow members of their own extended family, as opposed to the hard-and-fast business decisions made by NFL executives when it comes to molding the future of the franchise. The film doesn't deal with the gamble the Packers (rightly) took in putting their confidence in Aaron Rodgers, but deals much more with the love-hate relationship fans have with their heroes.

The film will includes interviews conducted with Packers radio play-by-play man Wayne Larrivee and Vikings play-by-play man Paul Allen -- two men with the same job, but on the opposite side of the NFC North Mason-Dixon line.

Like him. Love him. Hate him. Favre is an icon for a reason. Years from now, Hollywood might put his story on celluloid. Until then, the Palme d'Or of the Wisconsin Film Festival awaits. Favre may not be playing, but his biopic is.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/03/25/12/New-Favre-documentary-to-debut/landing_mnvikings.html?blockID=695658&feedID=3697

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »

It's been a banner week for Donovan McNabb.

On Thursday, the unemployed quarterback told ESPN's "First Take" that his former team, the Redskins, were bound to destroy Robert Griffin III, the Baylor quarterback they're expected to select with the No. 2 pick in April's draft. A cranky McNabb left no stones unturned in unpacking for us why Mike Shanahan is less of a genius and more of a quarterback killer, running an offense that will only temper RG3's wild gifts.

One day later, McNabb reappeared on the show to unleash a heat-seeking diatribe against Tim Tebow.

McNabb urged the newest member of the Jets to tone down his recent spree of feel-good tweets and focus on football. (Tebow's issued a grand total of eight tweets since being traded from the Broncos to the Jets, an output that probably took all of 280 seconds.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827fede9/article/hotandbothered-mcnabb-rips-redskins-tebow?module=HP11_hot_topics

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith joined in the search for missing California teenager Sierra LaMar on Saturday, Bay Area News Group reported.

Smith and 580 other volunteers searched for the 15-year-old, who disappeared March 16 while on her way to school in Morgan Hill, a city located southeast of San Jose.

"He wasn't there for attention. He was there to search," said Marc Klaas, founder of the KlaasKids Foundation. "It was about his heart. It's certainly a touching thing, and it's a huge thing, too. By showing up, he provided a value that went well beyond his own presence as a searcher."

Klaas confirmed that Smith was part of the search. Smith brought food and water, then helped look through the fields, hills and neighborhoods that are within a 20-mile radius of the teen's home.

"For somebody of that stature to take his own initiative and do something like this, to show that he cares about the family and the community, I'm just thrilled, and I imagine Sierra LaMar's family is, too," Klaas said. "It shows you the kind of person Alex Smith must be."

Smith recently agreed to return to the 49ers rather than sign with another team as a free agent. The quarterback threw for 3,144 yards and 17 touchdowns while leading the team to the NFC Championship Game.

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith joined in the search for missing California teenager Sierra LaMar on Saturday, Bay Area News Group reported.

Smith and 580 other volunteers searched for the 15-year-old, who disappeared March 16 while on her way to school in Morgan Hill, a city located southeast of San Jose.

"He wasn't there for attention. He was there to search," said Marc Klaas, founder of the KlaasKids Foundation. "It was about his heart. It's certainly a touching thing, and it's a huge thing, too. By showing up, he provided a value that went well beyond his own presence as a searcher."

Klaas confirmed that Smith was part of the search. Smith brought food and water, then helped look through the fields, hills and neighborhoods that are within a 20-mile radius of the teen's home.

"For somebody of that stature to take his own initiative and do something like this, to show that he cares about the family and the community, I'm just thrilled, and I imagine Sierra LaMar's family is, too," Klaas said. "It shows you the kind of person Alex Smith must be."

Smith recently agreed to return to the 49ers rather than sign with another team as a free agent. The quarterback threw for 3,144 yards and 17 touchdowns while leading the team to the NFC Championship Game.
Coop

Thanks Coop...now I feel guilty for calling this guy a choke who cost you a shot at a Super Bowl appearance last season!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »

Thanks Coop...now I feel guilty for calling this guy a choke who cost you a shot at a Super Bowl appearance last season!

I don't think Alex Smith was returning kicks for us in that game...you may want to recheck that.

Besides it's nice to see someone do something for their community rich or not

P.S. Hope your ready to have AP back on IR after we play you this season...lol  Wink
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:04:09 PM by SpecialAgentCooper » Logged

2012 is like Christmas!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »

Everyone see the new Nike uniforms? Thoughts?
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 08:14:05 PM »

They look pretty much the same other than Seattle. The actual merch is of much higher quality...I'm waiting to see all the shirts and hats and stuff...I do like the new gloves tho

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »

The gloves are being raved about by sportscasters on espn.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »

Thanks Coop...now I feel guilty for calling this guy a choke who cost you a shot at a Super Bowl appearance last season!

I don't think Alex Smith was returning kicks for us in that game...you may want to recheck that.

Besides it's nice to see someone do something for their community rich or not

P.S. Hope your ready to have AP back on IR after we play you this season...lol  Wink

Yeah, well he sure did have a lot of 3 and outs in crunch time...with TERRIBLE throws at the end of that game.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

Yeah, well he sure did have a lot of 3 and outs in crunch time...with TERRIBLE throws at the end of that game.

Not gonna disagree with that, but he wasn't the reason we lost that game...you know that. Besides our WRs for that game were Crabtree, K. Williams, and B. Swain...not what I'd call an elite group.

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »

It's been a banner week for Donovan McNabb.

On Thursday, the unemployed quarterback told ESPN's "First Take" that his former team, the Redskins, were bound to destroy Robert Griffin III, the Baylor quarterback they're expected to select with the No. 2 pick in April's draft. A cranky McNabb left no stones unturned in unpacking for us why Mike Shanahan is less of a genius and more of a quarterback killer, running an offense that will only temper RG3's wild gifts.

One day later, McNabb reappeared on the show to unleash a heat-seeking diatribe against Tim Tebow.

McNabb urged the newest member of the Jets to tone down his recent spree of feel-good tweets and focus on football. (Tebow's issued a grand total of eight tweets since being traded from the Broncos to the Jets, an output that probably took all of 280 seconds.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827fede9/article/hotandbothered-mcnabb-rips-redskins-tebow?module=HP11_hot_topics

Typical McNubb showing his true colors of bitterness. The little engine that never could, and he was so overrated, it's laughable!

Glad to see him gone. He's right where he belongs now with the other morons at ESPNTWAT including Trent Dilfer, Adam Schefter, Stuart Scott, and Mark Schlereth.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »

Week one KEY games:

Dallas at NY Giants WNF
San Francisco at Green Bay
Pittsburgh at Denver SNF

...and the two MNF games should be worth watching as well
Cincinnati at Baltimore
San Diego at Oakland

Also I noticed the Monday Night Football Schedule seems much better for the most part than in years past or is it just me?

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »

These are the Monday Night Football games that I'm looking forward to watching...

Week 2: Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons, Sept. 17

Week 4: Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys, Oct. 1

Week 12: Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles, Nov. 26

Week 13: New York Giants at Washington Redskins, Dec. 3

The MNF schedule does seem a little better than previous years but not by a lot.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »

These are the Monday Night Football games that I'm looking forward to watching...

Week 2: Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons, Sept. 17

Week 4: Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys, Oct. 1

Week 12: Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles, Nov. 26

Week 13: New York Giants at Washington Redskins, Dec. 3

These 3 intrigue me much more:
GB@Sea
Phi@NO
Atl@Det

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker