Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:18:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84718 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »

Anyone hear Chris Carter talking about how he had bounties on other players? Is this not exactly the thug mentality of people like him. And to say that the NFL needs to change it's ways because this is the mindset new players are acquainted with once they enter the league, is completely asinine of him. Yeah, this is the mindset because of thugs like Chris Carter who were putting bounties out on other players. This is exactly why he's been passed over and over for the Hall Of Fame. He's always been a true douche bag!  rant

Before he goes all "Jim Rome" on you, ya better just spell that Cris.   hihi

I don't know man, what did Cris Carter say that was so bad?  I just figured they always got players back, a-la pitchers beaning pitchers who beaned their guys earlier.

The Saints went over the line when they went out to hurt and maim the competition.  Carter hasn't (if I'm not mistaken) said he wanted guys injured or taken out of the game.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...I often am!   hihi

These were his comments.

"I'm guilty of it," Carter said, according to ProFootballTalk.com. "It's the first time I've ever admitted it. But I put a bounty on guys before. I put bounties on guys. And the guys tried to take me out, a guy tried to take a cheap shot on me, I put a bounty on him, right now."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f6148/article/cris-carter-reveals-he-used-bounties-while-with-vikings-eagles

Now, he's putting all the blame on the NFL saying that they need to change their ways. Really? It's thugs like him continued to carry on this tradition which ended up leading to the New Orleans scandal.

I have a solution. You get caught, your banned for life from the NFL! The NFL could really do some good getting these type of thugs out of the game in my opinion.

Again, I don't hear him saying he wanted guys out of the game.  Did he want guys hit back for doing whatever they did to his teammates?  Yeah, it's a gray area that I'm sure the NFL doesn't want to deal with, but what Williams did in N'Orleans and what Payton knew about...that's really bad.  That's no gray area...that's "Johnny's coach from Karate Kid bad," ya know?  Putting money down to hit somebody is one thing, but to give extra if you've injured them/put them out of the game, that's a different beast in my opinion.

btw, I'm still waiting for Family Guy to deal with this issue...I can imagine Boba Fett and a few other true bounty hunters sitting around a table discussing this matter on ESPN or something...maybe a drunk Peter comes stumbling in, starts poking Boba in the chest...Peter still smiling slurring his words asks Boba over and over why he's alive, "Didn't you get eaten by that huge vagina in the sand?"  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »

Again, I don't hear him saying he wanted guys out of the game.  Did he want guys hit back for doing whatever they did to his teammates?  Yeah, it's a gray area that I'm sure the NFL doesn't want to deal with, but what Williams did in N'Orleans and what Payton knew about...that's really bad.  That's no gray area...that's "Johnny's coach from Karate Kid bad," ya know?  Putting money down to hit somebody is one thing, but to give extra if you've injured them/put them out of the game, that's a different beast in my opinion.

With most of his bounties most likely intended for defensive players, I don't think the bounty would be for anything less than to induce harm on a player and put him out of the game indefinitely. Let's just say he wanted to hurt another player. A player hurt is a player that is most likely out of the game. Let's just say he wanted their bell rung. When someone's head gets rung, that's brain trauma or very close to it.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

The thing that rings hollow to me about the NFL coming down on these bounties is that I don't believe there's all that much difference between:

1 --- legally hitting a player as hard as you can without caring whether you injure that player

and

2 --- legally hitting a player with the intent to injure that player.

Now if a hit is illegal, that's different and there's already rules for penalties, fines, suspensions, etc. for illegal hits.  So if these bounties just encouraged harder hitting rather than illegal hitting, wouldn't the problem be with the game itself?  Or is it a problem at all?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »

Steele, good points...STOP MAKING THEM!  If enough people connect the dots, and the lawyers get a hold of this, we'll either be watching flag football on Sundays, or doing more shopping with our wives!  If you are responsible for making me go clothes-shopping at the mall with my wife, I may have to put a bounty out on you!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »

Steele, good points...STOP MAKING THEM!  If enough people connect the dots, and the lawyers get a hold of this, we'll either be watching flag football on Sundays, or doing more shopping with our wives!  If you are responsible for making me go clothes-shopping at the mall with my wife, I may have to put a bounty out on you!   hihi

Hey, let me off the hook, I only express these opinions in forums that have a grand total of about 6 football fans.   peace
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »

I agree completely with both of you, GeorgeSteele and Axl4Prez2004. Athletes have a choice. They don't have to play their chosen sport and get a real job like the rest of the majority. If you don't like the system and the rules, than don't enter it.

Don't become like those pesky, lame-ass occupiers.  hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »

Johnny Knox didn't participate in OTAs with the Chicago Bears on Wednesday, and it doesn't appear he'll be back on the field any time soon as he continues to recover from a serious spine injury.

Knox said Wednesday he lost 30 pounds following back surgery. He said he's gained back 10 pounds since, but isn't rushing his return. Knox acknowledged his playing status for the 2012 is in doubt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8294ab54/article/chicago-bears-johnny-knoxs-season-in-doubt?module=HP11_headline_stack

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »

The Packers plan to retire Brett Favre's No. 4 jersey "in a year or two," when it's meaningful to the retired quarterback.

It's easy to see why the Packers aren't rushing to retire the jersey. They will want to be 100 percent confident that Favre isn't going to attempt another comeback. Perhaps more importantly, it provides more time to soothe the hard feelings that developed between Favre and GM Ted Thompson. As a three-time MVP, holder of many NFL records, and future Hall of Famer, Favre is certainly deserving of the honor.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1744&line=233518&spln=1

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2012, 04:34:02 AM »

Wow this Alex Smith Cam Newton thing is getting really retarded!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »

The Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League released Terrell Owens on Tuesday, according to ESPNDallas.com. Owens was productive for the Wranglers, but he didn't fulfill the obligations of his contract.

Wranglers owner Jon Frankel said Owens refused to play in two upcoming road games that are important to the team's playoff run and also cited the receiver's no-show for a scheduled appearance at a children's hospital.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8296c8e3/article/terrell-owens-cut-by-indoor-football-league-team?module=HP11_content_stream

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »

I really hope this means that T.O. will never play again and we can move on from this drama queen loser.  yes

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

I really hope this means that T.O. will never play again and we can move on from this drama queen loser.  yes

T.O. just does not have it anymore.  Teams don't mind drama queens if they still have the talent to get the job done.  Sadly, at his age AND coming off an ACL, TO is just the first 2 letters of his name now, TOAST.  (okay, that was really lame, sorry!)  ...but it's true.  I'll fantasize about Oprah Winfrey giving me a lap dance for 5 minutes if TO ever plays on another NFL team.

I don't dislike the guy...I feel sorry for him.  I really think he's got some mental issues...and it's tough for me to dislike folks with serious mental issues.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »

I don't dislike the guy...I feel sorry for him.  I really think he's got some mental issues...and it's tough for me to dislike folks with serious mental issues.

I like the way you think sir

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2012, 01:10:19 AM »

Tom Brady has apparently worked pretty hard at improving his acting skills.  Funny stuff.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2fbed587d7/tom-brady-s-wicked-accent?playlist=featured_videos

Though I hope he's worked hard at improving his Super Bowl winning skills as well.  The last couple of trips haven't gone so well.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »

T.O. just does not have it anymore.  Teams don't mind drama queens if they still have the talent to get the job done.  Sadly, at his age AND coming off an ACL, TO is just the first 2 letters of his name now, TOAST.  (okay, that was really lame, sorry!) 

The last season he played, he was still NFL-good.  Don't know what he has left anymore, but this thing with the IFL team had nothing to do with TO's behavior or playing ability, it was all about money. 

They offered him a contract that was astronomical by IFL standards, thinking he'd fill up the seats, which of course, they didn't because it's the IFL.  Seeing that he was costing them way more than they can afford, they dumped him and then slandered him in the process.  And by the way, his contract specifically said that he did not have to play road games.

I'll fantasize about Oprah Winfrey giving me a lap dance for 5 minutes if TO ever plays on another NFL team.

If she's offering, I'd take that lap dance in a heartbeat.  C'mon, it's Oprah.  I'd be telling that story at cocktail parties for the rest of my life.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »

You and Coop can feel sorry for T.O. but I don't. Mental issues? How many teams did he implode? Always a distraction and always selfish prick.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2012, 11:41:49 PM »

You and Coop can feel sorry for T.O. but I don't. Mental issues? How many teams did he implode? Always a distraction and always selfish prick.

Look i'm a 49ers fan so I'm not the biggest T.O. fan in the world..even tho he had ALL his greatest moments with them. I was just liking Axl4Prez's way of thinking in general...besides who cares about T.O. anyways. He hasn't been much of anything for about 10 years now

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »

Look i'm a 49ers fan so I'm not the biggest T.O. fan in the world..even tho he had ALL his greatest moments with them. I was just liking Axl4Prez's way of thinking in general...besides who cares about T.O. anyways. He hasn't been much of anything for about 10 years now

Coop

The way you worded your post, when you said you liked the way Axl4Prez was thinking, I concluded you were in agreement with what he said about feeling sorry for T.O.

Speaking of the 49er's, what did you think about Harbaugh saying that they didn't pursue Peyton Manning and that Alex Smith was always their quarterback, in so many words?

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »

Speaking of the 49er's, what did you think about Harbaugh saying that they didn't pursue Peyton Manning and that Alex Smith was always their quarterback, in so many words?

Harbaugh is a tricky guy to say the least. I think he's trying to keep his team hungry and focused for the most part and not let media stupidity get in the way. His problem was with the way the media portrayed the whole thing I think. I really don't think that the Niners went out of their way to pursue Manning, but were in the hunt because it would have been silly not to be. If even we had signed Manning I think maybe we would have signed Smith also just because if Manning went down he would have been a legit back-up. Either way the 49ers are going to be tough to beat this year if we stay healthy.

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »

Harbaugh is a tricky guy to say the least. I think he's trying to keep his team hungry and focused for the most part and not let media stupidity get in the way. His problem was with the way the media portrayed the whole thing I think. I really don't think that the Niners went out of their way to pursue Manning, but were in the hunt because it would have been silly not to be. If even we had signed Manning I think maybe we would have signed Smith also just because if Manning went down he would have been a legit back-up. Either way the 49ers are going to be tough to beat this year if we stay healthy.

Coop

I could be completely wrong but I think they were very interested in getting Peyton and if they could have, they would have signed him as their starting quarterback as fast as they could.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: