Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84736 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »

I think theses replacement refs are doing a fantastic job! (The Raiders only have 14 penalties this season, they are usually good for that in the first game)  Ha all kidding aside these refs blow, they are just not qualified to be doing this job, not really their fault.  Its like putting me out there to play QB for the Giants and then getting pissed at me when I am throwing picks or getting sacked every play.  Oh and by sacked I mean getting absolutely decimated.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:06:31 PM by Bodhi » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2012, 11:59:57 PM »

I think theses replacement refs are doing a fantastic job! (The Raiders only have 14 penalties this season, they are usually good for that in the first game)  Ha all kidding aside these refs blow, they are just not qualified to be doing this job, not really their fault.  Its like putting me out there to play QB for the Giants and then getting pissed at me when I am throwing picks or getting sacked every play.  Oh and by sacked I mean getting absolutely decimated.

Exactly, these are high school and small college refs. They are in way over their head and don't know the pro rules.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »

And the lockout is over, everyone rejoice!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »

Now on another note, i am completely dumbfounded by what the Jets are doing in light of Revis' injury. They are converting running back McKnight to corner back. What?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2012, 12:28:12 AM »

Now on another note, i am completely dumbfounded by what the Jets are doing in light of Revis' injury. They are converting running back McKnight to corner back. What?

doesn't really matter what they do, unless a lot of things change for them they are playing for next year already. They beat 2 bad teams so far, and have a brutal schedule in the next few weeks.  Rex Ryan has really had the benefit of not having too many devastating injuries to his team the last few years, now he is going to have to step up and find a way to win.  Revis not playing is as devastating an injury as any team will have to endure this year, it literally changes everything.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:53:55 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:50 AM »

Yay!  beer

Now I can go back to bitching at the guys who are supposed to be blowing calls.  ok hihi

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2012, 01:46:41 AM »

Yay!  beer

Now I can go back to bitching at the guys who are supposed to be blowing calls.  ok hihi

Excactly! Although, they blow calls a lot less frequently and not so badly that they cost teams games.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2012, 01:47:47 AM »

doesn't really matter what they do, unless a lot of things change for them they are playing for next year already. They beat 2 bad teams so far, and have a brutal schedule in the next few weeks.  Rex Ryan has really had the benefit of not too many devastating injuries to his team the last few years, not he is going to have to step up and find a way to win.  Revis not playing is as devastating an injury as any team will have to endure this year, it literally changes everything.

I agree, you don't lose a player like Revis and recover from it. Its such a huge blow to their defense.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2012, 01:49:23 AM »

The best news is we won't have to endure one more game with replacement refs. They will infact be officiating tomorrow night's game. Yay!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2012, 01:55:19 AM »

The best news is we won't have to endure one more game with replacement refs. They will infact be officiating tomorrow night's game. Yay!

damn it.  Watching replacement refs make fools out of themselves was the only interesting thing that was going to happen during a Ravens/Browns game.  Oh well.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2012, 02:33:06 AM »

damn it.  Watching replacement refs make fools out of themselves was the only interesting thing that was going to happen during a Ravens/Browns game.  Oh well.

Haha yeah, that's gonna be a very lopsided game.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »

The NY Jets are a joke. First, they need to get rid of Sanchez and than fire their head coach. It's been proven over and over that Sanchez cannot win a Superbowl and is not even an NFL caliber quarterback.

All the grief the referees received was pathetic. All the ESPN elites should just go out shoot themselves. It's unfortunate that Roger Goodell was made out to be the bad guy in all of this just the way he did in 'Bountygate.'

Oh, and Robert Griffin, shut up! This isn't college football anymore and you haven't proven anything to anyone. Your game is be dissected and figured out very quickly!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #172 on: September 28, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »

The NY Jets are a joke. First, they need to get rid of Sanchez and than fire their head coach. It's been proven over and over that Sanchez cannot win a Superbowl and is not even an NFL caliber quarterback.

That game by Sanchez last week had to be the WORST 300 yard passing game in the history of the league.  He was awful in that game.  Fairness to him though, he made the plays at the end when it mattered to win the game.

Anyway, on cue.  Rex is at it again.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Coach Rex Ryan stated Friday that the Jets will not place Darrelle Revis (torn ACL) on injured reserve in hopes he can return for the Super Bowl.

The delusional Jets still think they're going to the Super Bowl. Ryan says the Jets will make the I.R. decision after Revis has the knee surgically restructured. Per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, "there is no way that Jets doctors would clear Darrelle Revis to play in a game in February. None." Sep 28 - 2:05 PM

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2012, 12:28:22 AM »

That game by Sanchez last week had to be the WORST 300 yard passing game in the history of the league.  He was awful in that game.  Fairness to him though, he made the plays at the end when it mattered to win the game.

Anyway, on cue.  Rex is at it again.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Coach Rex Ryan stated Friday that the Jets will not place Darrelle Revis (torn ACL) on injured reserve in hopes he can return for the Super Bowl.

The delusional Jets still think they're going to the Super Bowl. Ryan says the Jets will make the I.R. decision after Revis has the knee surgically restructured. Per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, "there is no way that Jets doctors would clear Darrelle Revis to play in a game in February. None." Sep 28 - 2:05 PM

That's definitely a silly move. There is no realistic chance he plays again before next pre season.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »

Rex is all about the headlines, meanwhile the team they share a stadium with is all about doing their job and winning Super Bowls.  I don't know what is more unrealistic, Revis being ready to play at a high level in February or the Jets being in the Super Bowl conversation.  Unreal.  Instead of playing these media games Rex should acknowledge Revis is done and focus on the 53 players he DOES have and show a belief in their ability to step up. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »

Rex is all about the headlines, meanwhile the team they share a stadium with is all about doing their job and winning Super Bowls.  I don't know what is more unrealistic, Revis being ready to play at a high level in February or the Jets being in the Super Bowl conversation.  Unreal.  Instead of playing these media games Rex should acknowledge Revis is done and focus on the 53 players he DOES have and show a belief in their ability to step up. 

Agreed completely.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »

The New England Patriots offense was set to feature its two nightmare matchups in tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. The duo signed offseason contracts worth a combined maximum of $95 million.

Now, both are banged up.

Hernandez is out with an ankle injury suffered in Week 2. Gronkowski was a new addition to the injured list Friday with a hip problem. He was listed as limited in practice and questionable for the Patriots' division matchup against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000067334/article/rob-gronkowski-injury-puts-patriots-offense-in-limbo?module=HP11_headline_stack

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »

The New England Patriots offense was set to feature its two nightmare matchups in tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. The duo signed offseason contracts worth a combined maximum of $95 million.

Now, both are banged up.

I hate it for Rob Gronkowski. I'm sitting Rob today in my fantasy league in favor of Tony Gonzalez. I hope he doesn't let me down.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »

Looking more and more like the Jets need to sit Sanchez for Tebow.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »

Looking more and more like the Jets need to sit Sanchez for Tebow.

I'm not sure that'll help very much. They just aren't a very good team this year and losing Revis makes them even worse. They could possibly be without Holmes for awhile too.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: