Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84722 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »

The Chiefs have had a horrible season, but nothing compares to the tragic events earlier today.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103413/article/kansas-city-chiefs-player-fatally-shoots-himself-police-say?campaign=Twitter_atl

Kansas City Chiefs' Jovan Belcher kills himself, police say

NFL.com
    Published: Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:47 a.m.
    Updated: Dec. 1, 2012 at 01:51 p.m.

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the team's training facility after killing his girlfriend in a seperate incident Saturday morning, Kansas City Police spokeman Darin Snapp said.

The shooting occurred at 8:10 a.m. local time at the team's facility near Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City Police communication supervisor Kathy Childs said.

Belcher killed his 22-year-old girlfriend at a nearby residence before driving to the training facility, Snapp told NFL.com's Albert Breer. Police have not released the woman's name, but confirmed she and Belcher had a 3-month-old child.

"About (7:50 a.m), we got a call to a residence, in regards to a shooting, on the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue," Snapp said by phone. "We arrived and the lady there informed us that her daughter had been shot by her on-again, off-again boyfriend. The young woman was taken to a local hospital, where she died a short time later.

"At about 8:10 a.m., we received a call to the Arrowhead practice facility in regards to a black male armed with a gun in the parking lot, and he matched the description of the shooting suspect," Snapp continued. "Officers arrived, saw a black man with a gun to his head, and some Chiefs employees. As the officer got out of his car, he heard a gunshot. It appeared the individual shot himself. He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead."

According to Snapp, Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, coach Romeo Crennel and another unnamed Chiefs staff member were talking to Belcher just before he shot himself, Breer and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported. Snapp said Pioli and Crennel "never felt like they were in danger." Belcher thanked Pioli and Crennel for all that they had done for him.

When officers arrived, Belcher walked in the opposite direction from where they were standing. He then shot himself, Snapp said.

Snapp said the shooting occurred outside the front doors of the facility.

The Chiefs released a statement in regard to the incident:

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

Belcher, 25, grew up on Long Island, N.Y., and played for the Maine University. There, he was named first-team All American in the Football Championship Subdivision. After going undrafted in 2009, the Chiefs signed Belcher as a free agent. The fourth-year player was named a starting linebacker in 2011.

The Chiefs are scheduled to play host to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The Panthers reportedly have been told by the NFL to keep plans to travel to Kansas City for the game.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »

Man this MNF game was awesome. I thought the patriots would win a close one but damn, they just completely dominated the Texans. Patriots are firing on all cylinders.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2012, 03:19:04 AM »

The Niners have it ROUGH the next two Sunday nights!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »

Good game for the Patriots last night. I wish Rob Gronkowski was playing.

Tom Brady came thru for me in my fantasy league.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2012, 11:39:38 PM »

Good game for the Patriots last night. I wish Rob Gronkowski was playing.

Tom Brady came thru for me in my fantasy league.  Smiley
Patriots released TE Visante Shiancoe today, leading to some speculation that Gronk MAY be ready to come back this week.  They have that roster spot open, dropped a TE, #1 seed is within reach if they win out and Houston loses one more game (they have 2 left with Indy).  So with the SF game being their biggest test remaining, Gronk would be a nice boost for that contest.  We'll see though.  Too early to tell anything for sure.  Would be nice for me in my fantasy playoffs too though.  I upset the #1 seed last week to make the semis.  I've been getting by with Greg Olsen the last few weeks, and he's actually done pretty well.  But he's no Gronk.  No one is.

Also, Donte Stallworth was placed on IR after ONE game with the Pats.  It was a good one though, with a long TD catch and run.  Made his impact on the season.  Deion Branch is back AGAIN to take his place.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:41:43 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »

Patriots released TE Visante Shiancoe today, leading to some speculation that Gronk MAY be ready to come back this week.  They have that roster spot open, dropped a TE, #1 seed is within reach if they win out and Houston loses one more game (they have 2 left with Indy).  So with the SF game being their biggest test remaining, Gronk would be a nice boost for that contest.  We'll see though.  Too early to tell anything for sure.  Would be nice for me in my fantasy playoffs too though.  I upset the #1 seed last week to make the semis.  I've been getting by with Greg Olsen the last few weeks, and he's actually done pretty well.  But he's no Gronk.  No one is.

Also, Donte Stallworth was placed on IR after ONE game with the Pats.  It was a good one though, with a long TD catch and run.  Made his impact on the season.  Deion Branch is back AGAIN to take his place.

That's great news if Gronkowski is ready to come back! I have him as my #1 fantasy tight end. Him and Tom Brady every week have helped me rack up a lot of points, and wins. I was always worried at the beginning of the season about Gronkowski and Hernandez having to split time. I guess it will just depend on how healthy Gronkowski is now on how much time he'll have to share.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »

I don't know if cutting Shiancoe really has anything to do with Gronk. It would be nice but I think this is more about Shiancoe not doing anything for the team. They signed him this past off season to a one year deal, he got hurt and they put him on the injured reserve designated to return. Its obvious they had some hopes for him. When he gets back he is a healthy scratch against Miami and has made no impact what so ever, its not surprising they would cut him. He has no catches and the only thing he did against Houston was drop a pass.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2012, 01:01:08 PM »

It could very well mean nothing. Obviously Shiancoe didn't give them much of anything. Gronkowski is trying to practice this week, so we'll see. I don't think they'll rush him back by any means, but if he's ready, this would be the perfect week to deploy him. If he can't come back this week, they might as well hold him out until the playoffs. Not sure they need him to beat Jacksonville or Miami. Unless of course, they want to get him some action, then they could give him a cameo that last game against the Dolphins.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »

It could very well mean nothing. Obviously Shiancoe didn't give them much of anything. Gronkowski is trying to practice this week, so we'll see. I don't think they'll rush him back by any means, but if he's ready, this would be the perfect week to deploy him. If he can't come back this week, they might as well hold him out until the playoffs. Not sure they need him to beat Jacksonville or Miami. Unless of course, they want to get him some action, then they could give him a cameo that last game against the Dolphins.

Being covered by Pat Willis and not having much of a game is a good way to come back??

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »

Being covered by Pat Willis and not having much of a game is a good way to come back??

Coop
Well, he didn't practice today so it looks like a long shot that he'd play this week.  Still a ways to go though.  I'll take my chances with Gronk on the field, with or without Patrick Willis.  He's a beast of a man, and can only help the offense.  Unfortunately we might get to see that matchup this time around.  Willis will have to pick on someone else.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »

Belichik's playin' with folks' minds...Gronk aint coming back this early.  They'll want him fresh for the playoffs...maybe a little action in the last 2 weeks...but nothing significant...just my 2 cents.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »

Belichik's playin' with folks' minds...Gronk aint coming back this early.  They'll want him fresh for the playoffs...maybe a little action in the last 2 weeks...but nothing significant...just my 2 cents.
Yeah, I've actually heard he's already been ruled out.  Which makes me think Belichick could be playing with peoples minds, but in the other direction.  It would seem odd they'd rule him out on Thursday, his first day back to practice.  At least keep the 9ers guessing.  But overall I agree, he may get a cameo in the last game of the season, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if he came back any earlier.  They have done fine without him so far, though I'd love to have him back on the field.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »

Looks like it's all or nothing next week for my Steelers Cry

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2012, 12:35:53 AM »

Crazy game. Loved the fight the Pats showed by attempting the comeback. Brady had pretty dang good run there during that comeback. Give credit where credit is do though. 49ers played great. Got to get better at snaps under center though..damn that was bad.  hihi

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »

Cool to see Kirk Cousins get his first NFL start and win yesterday. He definitely needs to be on a team where he's the starter. He's got too much talent to be playing second fiddle.

Dallas wins but Romo hasn't done anything to impress. He could have won the game in regulation at the very end but failed. They win by way of their defense and a field goal instead even though the defense has its problems as well. Romo seems to have good numbers every week although you need to be pretty certain that he can lead the offense down the field to win the game. Or at least score enough points during regulation to win.

I don't look to see Rob Gronkowski back for any significant play before the playoffs. It'd be unwise and risky in my opinion. Right now, I'm pulling for the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »

Crazy game. Loved the fight the Pats showed by attempting the comeback. Brady had pretty dang good run there during that comeback. Give credit where credit is do though. 49ers played great. Got to get better at snaps under center though..damn that was bad.  hihi
That game did get quite crazy.  The Pats were lucky to only be down 31-3, as they came out flat and San Fran was the definite aggressor.  They did manage to make a game of it in the end, but 28 point leads are tough to fully overcome.  It just wasn't in the cards.  You have to wonder if the short week after the big Monday Night victory took a little out of the Patriots, as they just did not look well prepared to start that game.  Hand it to the Niners though, they wanted that game more and they went and grabbed it.

It's good to see Brandon Lloyd coming alive of late.  Hopefully Gronk is back and ready to go come playoff time.  Hernandez dropped too many balls last night, like Welker the week before.  And the fumbles by Vereen and Ridley in the running game certainly didn't help.  Not a good performance by the Pats, but again credit to the Niners defense for making the plays.

It looks as if the Pats will have to win on the road if they're going to get back to the Super Bowl, as the Texans are pretty much assured a bye and the Broncos have 2 relatively easy games left.  So the 3 seed and a date with Baltimore or Cincinnati seems to be what's in store for Wild Card weekend.  Then, if they get by that game, a possible trip to Mile High for another Peyton vs. Brady playoff game.  I had a feeling it would come down to that.  Still a ways to go though.

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »

Next Sunday night is the "Blood Bowl" .....that game in Seattle is going to be INSANE!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »

How does Andrew Luck not make the Pro Bowl this year? But yet, Ed Reed and Matt Schaub do?  rant

The Colts were the worst team in the NFL last year and as a rookie quarterback, Andrew Luck steps in and is now taking the team to the playoffs! rant

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »

I agree ^

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »

Time to hold myself accountable and look back on some bad predictions.

NFL season is about to start. So lets get some predictions going. I suck at predictions but I'm still going to give them. I always go out on a limb with a few. I'm going to do divisional winners, wild card teams, conference champions and Super Bowl Champion. Patriot bias is evident. ok

Divisional Winners and Wild Cards

AFC East: Patriots.
AFC South: Texans.
AFC North: Ravens.
AFC West: Chiefs.

AFC Wild Cards: Titans, Bengals.

NFC East: Eagles or Giants (I know I'm supposed to pick one but I can't decide, Giants bias clouding judgement, sue me)
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: 49ers.

Wild Cards: Lions, Bears.

Conference Games and Champions

AFC: Patriots vs. Chiefs.
NFC: Lions vs. Falcons.

Superbowl Game and Champion.

Patriots vs. Falcons.

Patriots obviously win.  hihi

I did ok with AFC. Horrible picks of Chiefs, man they disappointed, and Titan. But did good with other 4 picks.

At least my Superbowl teams are still alive.  hihi

Crappy play-off picks will be upcoming late this week. What are your guy's play-off predictions?

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: