Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84748 times)
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #240 on: January 01, 2013, 07:09:24 PM »

It'll be the Broncs and the Niners in the Super Bowl...the Pats win it next year

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »

Ray Lewis to retire at the end of the playoffs. Farewell to one of the greatest linebackers to ever play the game.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »

Ray Lewis to retire at the end of the playoffs. Farewell to one of the greatest linebackers to ever play the game.

Good riddance to this thug. Never liked him as a player or person, and his silly dance during game introductions made him look like a real fool. I listened to his press conference yesterday and for him to say that his children have paid the ultimate sacrifice is completely asinine. This asshole needs to talk to children who've lost their parent in military combat, lost a parent in the line-of-fire as a police officer, etc. How selfish for him to ever make a comment like that. This moron needs a reality check big time. rant

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

Good riddance to this thug. Never liked him as a player or person, and his silly dance during game introductions made him look like a real fool. I listened to his press conference yesterday and for him to say that his children have paid the ultimate sacrifice is completely asinine. This asshole needs to talk to children who've lost their parent in military combat, lost a parent in the line-of-fire as a police officer, etc. How selfish for him to ever make a comment like that. This moron needs a reality check big time. rant

And that takes away from the fact that he's one of the greatest linebackers ever how? Forget you don't like him as a person just look at what he's accomplished on the field. The point is he's one of the greatest players ever not people.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2013, 08:31:59 PM »

Ray Lewis is like O.J. Simpson. Great player who got away with murder.  hihi

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »

And that takes away from the fact that he's one of the greatest linebackers ever how? Forget you don't like him as a person just look at what he's accomplished on the field. The point is he's one of the greatest players ever not people.
I used to have similar negative thoughts about Ray Lewis.  But, even if he was once a BAD man, he seems to have changed his persona and become a respected, upstanding NFL player/citizen.  I watched "A Football Life" on NFL Network about Ray a few months back and it gave a real good insight to the man on and off the field.  He's a deeply religious guy who gives a lot back to the community.  So all in all, I know longer look at him as a BAD man.

As a Patriots fan, the Ravens are the team I'd least like to see come to Foxboro next weekend.  They aren't intimidated by the Pats.  And the incentive of playing out Ray's last go around isn't something I'd look forward to facing.  I think I'd rather take my chances with the Texans again.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »

I used to have similar negative thoughts about Ray Lewis.  But, even if he was once a BAD man, he seems to have changed his persona and become a respected, upstanding NFL player/citizen.  I watched "A Football Life" on NFL Network about Ray a few months back and it gave a real good insight to the man on and off the field.  He's a deeply religious guy who gives a lot back to the community.  So all in all, I know longer look at him as a BAD man.

As a Patriots fan, the Ravens are the team I'd least like to see come to Foxboro next weekend.  They aren't intimidated by the Pats.  And the incentive of playing out Ray's last go around isn't something I'd look forward to facing.  I think I'd rather take my chances with the Texans again.

Faldor, I agree with ya.  I've got no beef with Ray Lewis.
...and may I say, I do believe the Ravens will right their ship, beat the Colts, then beat the Broncos in Denver...
to set up the AFC Championship game in New England...
where Ray Lewis will play his last game.

Patriots defeat the 49ers in the Super Bowl.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #247 on: January 04, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »

Oh no! The Axl4Prez jinx has been enacted already?  hihi

Interesting thoughts. I've sensed it coming down to Brady vs. Manning for months now, but there are a lot of interesting storylines. You have the Ravens now with Ray's last run. Imagine the Colts travelling to Denver. Luck vs. Manning, the whole Chuck Pagano storyline.

But, I hope you're right. For once.

I've liked the 49ers since the beginning of the year in the NFC, so I might as well stick with them. But you can't count out the Packers. And hell, the Seahawks are playing the best football of all right now. Do they have 4 more games left in them?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #248 on: January 04, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »

Whether he's one of the greatest players or not is simply an opinion. Nothing more. I just never liked him as a player or person and gave my reasons why. Most accolades in sports anyway are pretty much a popularity contest so I don't buy into how may "Pro Bowls" he was selected to or how many "MVP's" he was awarded. Evidence was really apparent this year for the Pro Bowl selection.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #249 on: January 04, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »

I hope the Texans, Packers, Colts, and Seahawks all win this weekend.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #250 on: January 04, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »

Whether he's one of the greatest players or not is simply an opinion. Nothing more. I just never liked him as a player or person and gave my reasons why. Most accolades in sports anyway are pretty much a popularity contest so I don't buy into how may "Pro Bowls" he was selected to or how many "MVP's" he was awarded. Evidence was really apparent this year for the Pro Bowl selection.

I don't think Ray Lewis was a bad guy. Probably in the wrong place at the wrong time. I found all his preaching and pregame bullshit more annoying than anything. Even so, in his prime he was one of the best defensive players ever.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #251 on: January 04, 2013, 07:49:31 PM »

Playoff Predictions:

Wild Card Round.

Seattle beats Redskins--Carrol will have that defense containing RG3.

Packers beat Vikings--I wanted the Vikings on this one but outside at home, Packers pull it out.

Texans beat Bengals--Texans bounce back.

Colts beat Ravens--My desire to see Luck v. Manning plays out here. Last Play-off game for Ray Lewis. Luck performs well and first time this season colts look good on road against a good team.

Divisional Round.

Patriots beat Texans--Won't be the blow out the last meeting was but Pats take care of business.

Broncos beat Colts--Manning performs well against former team and will be much hyped going into Afc Championship.

Atlanta beats Seattle--Falcons exercise play-off demons and move on.

Packers beat 49ers--49ers open up offense in passing game a little more, take more chances than they would if Smith was QB. They lose. Kaepernick will have his chances to look better in years to come and 49ers will be better off with him in the future, just not this year.

Conference Championships.

Patriots beat Broncos--Brady plays well against the Bronco defense once again and ends their run. Manning, typical of big games, makes a mistake or two.

Falcons beat Packers--Once again Atlanta proves the doubters wrong and goes to Superbowl

Superbowl

Patriots beat Falcons--Tom Brady wins his 4th Superbowl in easy fashion. First time a Brady Superbowl will not be close. Also my preseason pick.

Thats my prediction for the play-offs. So this will probably not happen.  hihi

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2013, 09:35:35 PM »

I got

Seahawks over Skins
Packers over vikes
Houston over Cincy
Balt over Indy

Pats over Houston
Den over Balt
Seattle over Atl
49ers over Packers

Den over NE
SF over Seattle

Den over SF

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »

Playoff Predictions:

Wild Card Round.

Seattle beats Redskins--Carrol will have that defense containing RG3.

Packers beat Vikings--I wanted the Vikings on this one but outside at home, Packers pull it out.

Texans beat Bengals--Texans bounce back.

Colts beat Ravens--My desire to see Luck v. Manning plays out here. Last Play-off game for Ray Lewis. Luck performs well and first time this season colts look good on road against a good team.

Divisional Round.

Patriots beat Texans--Won't be the blow out the last meeting was but Pats take care of business.

Broncos beat Colts--Manning performs well against former team and will be much hyped going into Afc Championship.

Atlanta beats Seattle--Falcons exercise play-off demons and move on.

Packers beat 49ers--49ers open up offense in passing game a little more, take more chances than they would if Smith was QB. They lose. Kaepernick will have his chances to look better in years to come and 49ers will be better off with him in the future, just not this year.

Conference Championships.

Patriots beat Broncos--Brady plays well against the Bronco defense once again and ends their run. Manning, typical of big games, makes a mistake or two.

Falcons beat Packers--Once again Atlanta proves the doubters wrong and goes to Superbowl

Superbowl

Patriots beat Falcons--Tom Brady wins his 4th Superbowl in easy fashion. First time a Brady Superbowl will not be close. Also my preseason pick.

Thats my prediction for the play-offs. So this will probably not happen.  hihi

I like these picks. It would be an enjoyable Superbowl if the Patriots and Falcons were playing.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2013, 04:33:11 PM »

Greatest linebacker of all-time was, is and always will be Lawrence Taylor. LT was awesome! Yes, I am saying this because I'm a Giants fan.Smiley
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »

The games today were not very good, for non packer and texan fans that is. I hope tomorrow produces at least one good game.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

Now Bruce Arians is in the hospital. Reports are he's joking around and wants to coach but dr's won't let him leave. Has a virus or inner ear infection which caused a bad flu according to reports. Good to hear he will be ok but a really tough spot for the Colts. Tough to lose your play caller and leader for most of the season. Just tough, feel bad for them.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »

I got 3 out 4 in my picks this weekend with only the Colts losing.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

Broncos over Ravens
Packers over 49ers

Seahawks over Falcons
Patriots over Texans

Broncos over Patriots
Packers over Seahawks

Broncos over Packers

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »

I think Griffin is extremely fragile and will have a shortened career being so injury-prone.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: