Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:16:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2012 Season
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2012 Season  (Read 84724 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2013, 08:25:19 AM »

Pats win but at a huge cost. Gronkowski rebreaks his forearm and is done for the season and will require a second surgery.

A huge disappointment that Gronkowski is out for the season. I was hoping the Patriots would get to the Super Bowl and he'd have an awesome game.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »

Pats win but at a huge cost. Gronkowski rebreaks his forearm and is done for the season and will require a second surgery.

Yeah but at least they're use to playing without him by now. They'll be ok.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick go to their 7th AFC Championship game. What a run its been. Now keep rolling baby! GO PATS!
that is true. Last year he got hurt in the AFC Champ and he was pretty much a non factor in the Super Bowl. They only had 2 weeks to come up with a game plan that didn't center around Gronk. This year they've played without him for the last month plus basically. So it won't be as tough a transition. Obviously they're a better team with him and I think he's the one player the Pats have that no other team really has an answer for. I was hoping they could use that to their advatage in the playoffs. But, it was clear that Gronk wasn't the same. So now they have to plan ahead without him. It makes things a little harder, but not impossible.

Sounds like Woodhead might be okay going forth. Not sure about Chandler Jones, their best pass rusher this year. He was limping around after the game last night. That could be a pretty big loss for them too. Every team remaining had dealt and is dealing with injuries though. It's nothing new. It's a war of attrition.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »

You're right faldor, even before he left the game when he broke it again you could tell he just wasn't the same. Even if he didn't brake it again it was clear he wasn't able to play at the same level he's used to.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick go to their 7th AFC Championship game. What a run its been. Now keep rolling baby! GO PATS!
that is true. Last year he got hurt in the AFC Champ and he was pretty much a non factor in the Super Bowl. They only had 2 weeks to come up with a game plan that didn't center around Gronk. This year they've played without him for the last month plus basically. So it won't be as tough a transition. Obviously they're a better team with him and I think he's the one player the Pats have that no other team really has an answer for. I was hoping they could use that to their advatage in the playoffs. But, it was clear that Gronk wasn't the same. So now they have to plan ahead without him. It makes things a little harder, but not impossible.

Sounds like Woodhead might be okay going forth. Not sure about Chandler Jones, their best pass rusher this year. He was limping around after the game last night. That could be a pretty big loss for them too. Every team remaining had dealt and is dealing with injuries though. It's nothing new. It's a war of attrition.

I still think the offense rests on Welker and has for a couple years. Obviously Gronk possesses huge match up problems and is one of the best TE's in the league but i think if Welker is out instead of Gronk, it hurts more. I just think Welker is the guy that makes that machine go and Gronk was a guy that compliments that very well. Best te in the game but the way they scheme it almost revolves around how opponents line up against Welker. How often have we seen Welker clearing out the area for Gronk? It happens a lot or at least seemed that way to me. Also, Brady depends on him, I think it would be a really difficult adjustment for Brady and that offense. Speaking of Welker, if he or Lloyd go done who are the Patriots going to rely on? The WR depth on that team is not very good. Branch and Slater are the only other guys. I was holding my breath on those Welker hits. Hernandez is like a WR but he's not one. Hell of a te though.

Regarding Jones, reports say he was limping but not in a walking boot and they say no walking boot is a good sign because it means the injury is most likely day to day and the medical staff isn't too concerned with the injury. So hopefully that is a good sign.

Pats favored by 9. I think thats a little much, even this early. I would go 5 or 5.5. I think pats win by a td but 9 is alot.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »

Still can't wrap my head around the Broncos taking a knee with 31 seconds and 2 time-outs left in the 4th Huh

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »

Still can't wrap my head around the Broncos taking a knee with 31 seconds and 2 time-outs left in the 4th Huh

That was definitely puzzling. Ultimately they made lots of mistakes that in the end cost them the game though.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2013, 10:06:27 PM »

I still think the offense rests on Welker and has for a couple years. Obviously Gronk possesses huge match up problems and is one of the best TE's in the league but i think if Welker is out instead of Gronk, it hurts more. I just think Welker is the guy that makes that machine go and Gronk was a guy that compliments that very well. Best te in the game but the way they scheme it almost revolves around how opponents line up against Welker. How often have we seen Welker clearing out the area for Gronk? It happens a lot or at least seemed that way to me. Also, Brady depends on him, I think it would be a really difficult adjustment for Brady and that offense. Speaking of Welker, if he or Lloyd go done who are the Patriots going to rely on? The WR depth on that team is not very good. Branch and Slater are the only other guys. I was holding my breath on those Welker hits. Hernandez is like a WR but he's not one. Hell of a te though.

Regarding Jones, reports say he was limping but not in a walking boot and they say no walking boot is a good sign because it means the injury is most likely day to day and the medical staff isn't too concerned with the injury. So hopefully that is a good sign.

Pats favored by 9. I think thats a little much, even this early. I would go 5 or 5.5. I think pats win by a td but 9 is alot.
Oh I agree on Welker.  He is hugely important.  That's why it was such a blow in 2009 when he got hurt in the last game of the regular season.  In turn they got blown out by the Ravens in the first round of the playoffs.  Julian Edelman actually filled in admirably for him, but he's not the same type of player.  And, as he proved again this season, he can't stay healthy.  Welker takes so many hits, yet keeps getting back up for more.  They certainly would be lost without him, especially with Edelman out.  There's nobody that could come close to replacing him on the current roster.  That's why I think they need to sign him this off-season.  They dicked him around earlier this season, trying to prove they could do it without him.  Well, that didn't work out too well, and it didn't last long either.  I think he'd take a little less to stick around, they just need to give him a 3 year deal or so to get it done.  I realize he isn't getting any younger, and he has a lot of wear and tear on that body with 100+ catches for 5 straight seasons.  But nobody does what he does, so lock that man up.

I expect a closer game next week against the Ravens.  While I don't think they're a GREAT team, they play hard and they play the Patriots tough.  They seem to have the blueprint to at least stick with them, if not come out on top.  I do think the Pats are clearly the better team, but the better team doesn't always win, as we all know too well.  I would think that line would come down as the week progresses, but we'll see.  Baltimore will be playing their 3rd playoff game in as many weeks, coming off a double OT game out west.  Lots of travel, an older team.  Fatigue could become a factor late in the game on Sunday.   

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #287 on: January 16, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »

I think the Ravens have a lot of momentum right now so this worries me about this weekend's game. New England doesn't need to mess around and lose to this team.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #288 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »

Pats-49ers SuperBowl .....Can the Pats stop the Niners?  no

Coop  ok

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2013, 03:59:10 PM »

The Ravens are a dangerous team right now...I'd hate to see them make it to the big game

2012 is like Christmas!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »

So Chip Kelly to the Eagles. Thoughts?

My first reaction was thinking of some of the big games Oregon has been in and how conservative Kelly was in those games. I actually expect a more conventional offense with some hurry up mixed in but I don't believe, as some do, that he is going to try to emulate what he did at Oregon.

Curious if it works out. I don't like very many of the personnel moves the eagles have made over the last 2 to 3 years and think ultimately they will be seeking a new coach and front office personnel in three to four years. I think Kelly's failure will come from the front office more than anything else. Unless he's given some say so, than maybe it could work out differently depending whether or not he is any good at personnel decisions.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »

I heard about this Jason Taylor story through out the week but just read it a few minutes ago. I thought I would share the link so people who haven't read it, can. It is an interesting read and shows a side of football most don't really want to think about. It is disturbing in a way, for me anyway. And illustrates the issues that need to be corrected and how teams and players need to work together to promote safety in a league that really doesn't care about health while playing. They seem to only pretend to care...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/13/v-fullstory/3179926/dan-le-batard-jason-taylors-pain.html

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »

Well, it seems that time of the year again when the shameless NFL rams it's ugly head with the silly and asinine "Rooney Rule." Now there's talk of expanding the rule since the lack of diversity is such a big "problem" in the league's eyes. Why does the league think they should control team ownership in who they interview and possibly hire? Why not leave it up to ownership who they want to interview and hire instead of having a league force their hand?

This is one of the many ways what makes the NFL stand for the...No Fun League!

As for the hiring for the Eagles head coaching position, we'll have to wait and see. Anyone ever noticed how Kelly talks out of the side of his mouth? Very annoying trait. Always thought he looked like a bum in his black slacks and black shoes he wore on the sidelines.

axlstern
Headliner

« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »

....ATL......BALTIMORE.......'nuff said beer
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »

....ATL......BALTIMORE.......'nuff said beer

Well you were half right.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »

Goodbye pats and good riddance! Please let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!  ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »

It utterly sickens me what a sore loser jerk Bellichik is, again refusing to do the post game interview after a playoff loss. Every other coach does it. It makes it so easy to root against this jackass and his team pulling shit like this.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2013, 09:38:07 AM »

It utterly sickens me what a sore loser jerk Bellichik is, again refusing to do the post game interview after a playoff loss. Every other coach does it. It makes it so easy to root against this jackass and his team pulling shit like this.

It can be maddening for fans of opposing teams of New England, because they've been one of the most dominant franchises in Sports over the past 13 years, and they handle themselves differently than a lot of teams.

You don't hear the type of trash talk from their players, like what Suggs had to say yesterday. A player who is a shell of his former self, and has won exactly nothing in his career(yet).

Can't win 'em all. Baltimore proved to be the better team yesterday. Glad I missed the second half to get to the epic Soundgarden show at the Orpheum.
Certainly didn't miss much from a Pats fan's perspective.

I'll still take Belichick over any other coach in the NFL, and won't be surprised to see the Pats back in the thick of it this time next season.
Who wants to listen to a Belichick interview anyway?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »

It can be maddening for fans of opposing teams of New England, because they've been one of the most dominant franchises in Sports over the past 13 years, and they handle themselves differently than a lot of teams.

You don't hear the type of trash talk from their players, like what Suggs had to say yesterday. A player who is a shell of his former self, and has won exactly nothing in his career(yet).

Can't win 'em all. Baltimore proved to be the better team yesterday. Glad I missed the second half to get to the epic Soundgarden show at the Orpheum.
Certainly didn't miss much from a Pats fan's perspective.

I'll still take Belichick over any other coach in the NFL, and won't be surprised to see the Pats back in the thick of it this time next season.
Who wants to listen to a Belichick interview anyway?

To me its just a respect thing. He does interviews when they win but not when they lose. It just makes him look like an ass imo. They were ripping him for it even on the postgame. As for Suggs he probably shouldn't have done that at least not until they won. You win you earn the right to talk trash but at least wait til you win the damn game.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2013, 08:28:21 PM »

Its just another reason in a long list of reasons for people to continue to hate on the patriots and belichick. He gets singled out here because he continually, win or lose, has scoffed at doing on field interviews.

in reality bill is an ass to the media, usually. And it is a cheap move but lets not pretend he doesn't do this all the time. He is rarely, very rarely in fact ever involved in a on field interview after a game. The only super bowl post game on field interview I remember him doing is the one at the podium you do when you receive the trophy, which is short and if not required by the nfl, I think he would defer to his players.

He hates on the media and makes their job more difficult and he gets called out for it. In this instance, it was over the top.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: