Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170789 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »

The last real rock star  Grin

I'm glad he wrote the letter.

Fuck the haters crying

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 05:05:37 PM »

Well all I can say is that my ticket for the Rotterdam show is up for sale right now and that I will not be seeing them until they actually put out new material. I'm just really disappointed right now that axl can't even be bothered to show up.
I was never expecting the old guys to play or anything I just wanted them to be civil and take the credit for what they've achieved.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 05:06:26 PM »

Great letter by Axl, he spoke his mind and the fans should respect how he feels.  Awesome of him to come out and end the speculation.  The dude is a true artist, he doesn't care what anyone thinks, and doesn't compromise his beliefs.  He is the real fucking deal.  Rock on Axl!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »

OK, speculation time. Who is Armand (Interview with the Vampire reference maybe) and ABC III?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »

I just wanted them to be civil and take the credit for what they've achieved.

Axl did all that.

Chances are it would be less civil if he had gone there. Considering how civil some people have been so far.

OK, speculation time. Who is Armand

He was Tommy's tech on the American tours 2011-12.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »

Well all I can say is that my ticket for the Rotterdam show is up for sale right now and that I will not be seeing them until they actually put out new material. I'm just really disappointed right now that axl can't even be bothered to show up.

fucking LOL.

Axl chooses not to attend a bullshit event = Grouse announcing he's selling his tickets for a complete other show. Brilliant.

More of this comedy!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »

I was never expecting the old guys to play or anything I just wanted them to be civil and take the credit for what they've achieved.

So you bought a ticket to see the current lineup but your attendance somehow hinged on Axl's appearance at this quasi reunion deal?  Huh

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »

His choice, I'm disappointed.  

From here on out I will not have any real desire to seek out the band or what it has to offer.  I will move on in my own way to celebrate the legacy of a band that helped bring me through some "interesting" times (good, bad, and indifferent).  I will look forward to what the band has to offer but at this point it is a mere shadow of what it once was.  It's not about the individuals, it's about what the culmination of what the individuals created, it's the BAND.  They were a band that set out to change the world and although they did not change the world, they certainly changed the landscape of the music industry at the time and it was important.   But that time was 20 years ago... Since then I've become I'm a father, a husband, a leader in my own right as one of the driving forces behind a corporation.  I have things to do and people to see.  If Axl Rose cannot spare the time to rejoice and celebrate with the individuals that helped him get there, then that is his choice but I will remain forever disappointed.  

No you do not need to be friends with those individuals, God knows I'm not friends with people I knew 20 years ago.  But when I do see those individuals, I think about the good times we had because the bad times were 20 years ago and it really doesn't matter any more.  It's about moving forward not backwards but there's no reason to not celebrate the past.  

I will always have one moment that really really affected me... and that moment is the moment that really affected me in a positive manner this past year.

Good luck Mr. Rose.  I will see you when you on the next tour...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »

You know, I was hoping Axl would go. But, this... this is just so fucking Rock N' Roll of Axl. He really is the greatest. Never sold out EVER! Never surrendered and gave in. He has always been like this and that is what made and makes GN'R the fucking greatest. This very attitude on display right here. Thank you Axl. Just please PLEEEAAASE get to work on the next album. Pretty please with a fucking cherry on top. Thank you. I'll shut up now.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »

fucking LOL.

Axl chooses not to attend a bullshit event = Grouse announcing he's selling his tickets for a complete other show. Brilliant.

More of this comedy!

I think you've got to respect his decision too  Roll Eyes
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 05:17:40 PM »

Axl is the last great frontman, full of integrity and he refuses to do what he doesn't believe in. To many legends who can be manipulated and bought (Im looking at you Slash and you Brian May) Grin
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 05:17:57 PM »

Gotta say. I'm very disappointed.  People will say "it's his choice".  What does that really mean? Anything we do is by choice.  People make choices for all sorts of reasons, and some of those are good and others bad.  I respect his right to make a choice.  But I don't agree with it at all.

Axl didn't have to hug Slash.  Didn't have to perform.  But to decline the invitation outright is just bizarre.  The RnR HOF is an honor.  They didn't force him to play or to reunite.  The reunion talk was driven by music fans, media, etc.  The RnR HOF just invited  and inducted GnR b/c they are one of the greatest rock bands of all time and because AFD is their seminal album.  I wouldn't be surprised if it outsells CD on a weekly basis.  We know Greatest Hits does.  And the reason it does is because of the great music on it that was written, recorded and played by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Steven, Matt, and Duff.  

Axl didn't have to show up and bash the new lineup.  It wouldn't have disrespected the new lineup.  But to decline because he felt it somehow tarnishes what he's built with the current lineup (which is an awesome lineup), is just incorrect.  I don't understand why he feels that way.   The new lineup would not exist if it didn't have a catalog of hits from 87-92 to play.  The past has led to the present.  All this induction is doing is honoring the past - a collection of musicians who came together at the right time and right place to make some of the best rock music ever heard.  It is not dishonoring the current lineup.  None of the current lineup had anything negative to say about the induction.  Why would they?

I hope Slash, Duff, Matt, and Steven attend. I hope Izzy does as well but doubt it.  Hopefully they are civil but it's hard to believe someone won't make a negative remark.  I wonder if Dizzy will attend...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »

fucking LOL.

More of this comedy!

I think you've got to respect his decision too  Roll Eyes

He has every right to have whatever opinion he has and I have every right to find it absolutely hilarious and ridonkulous!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »

If you have read Axl's letter and have concluded from it that he cannot be bothered turning up, then that is quite disappointing,.

I know Rotterdam well, and I admire the people who live there. They are normally studious and judge everything fairly and at face value .
wadey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

fucking LOL.

More of this comedy!

im actually considering more UK shows now... Axl's gonna be on fucking fire headbanger

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »

I just wanted them to be civil and take the credit for what they've achieved.

Axl did all that.

Chances are it would be less civil if he had gone there. Considering how civil some people have been so far.

/jarmo

Really? because because that's not what I'm getting out of this press release.
I'll just log off for a couple of hours and i'll log on in the morning just a bit bummed out right now.

fucking LOL.

More of this comedy!

There was a time( a couple of years ago ) when I could actually appreciate your posts on here Cheap, oh well  on to the ignore list you go.

destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »

TAKE THAT ONE TO YOUR MOTHERFUCKING HEART!

What an honest, open letter from Axl.

I'm glad he took the time to share his feelings on the Induction, and to support the current lineup.

The media will always do what they want. The "old" fans will always say what they want.

But there are a lot of us out here who fucking love the current lineup and just want to focus on that, and that letter felt like a major shot of adrenaline going into the next tour run.

"The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba." - Axl Rose

smoking

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »

Totally agree on his choice.
Why go to a one night get bk to gather thing just to make another guy rich when it could then ruin all that he has done for the current band.
Also would you want to meet up with a bunch of people that have sued you ,  and bad mouth'ed you in the press?

Look at it this way. Axl is the employer , couple employees walk out, they start suing him and trashing him publicly. Would you want to go near them ever again or to be associated with you?

Least he did it respectfully and not trash the other ex band members during the letter to give the press more ammunition.

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 05:24:08 PM »

This letter shits all over the Sex Pistols' letter LOL
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »