Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170791 times)
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »

It's a made up ceremony that means nothing at the end of the day. No different to any other award except they crowned there's with a '25 years' rule to make them seem more prestigious
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 05:28:19 PM »

This letter shits all over the Sex Pistols' letter LOL

True.....  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »

I'm just going to say two things... the first being 'oh fucking hell!!!', and the second being 'Guns N' Roses being inducted without any one of the Appetite line-up is meaningless', and then I'll try to leave it at that. I know it's his decision to make, but fuck...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »

AXL IS GOD MOTHERFUCKER ||@||@@

crying crying crying crying crying

GNR 4EVER

beer beer beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 05:31:30 PM »

I'm just going to say two things... the first being 'oh fucking hell!!!', and the second being 'Guns N' Roses being inducted without any one of the Appetite line-up is meaningless', and then I'll try to leave it at that. I know it's his decision to make, but fuck...
agreed...  See you on the Duff boards
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »

TAKE THAT ONE TO YOUR MOTHERFUCKING HEART!

"The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba." - Axl Rose

smoking

This is the part that I just don't get.  Forget the reunion.  Showing up is not a reunion tour.  Accepting the honor for your fans isn't a reunion.  And it certainly doesn't distract from the current line up.  Axl obviously thinks it would've but that's just misguided or a cop out.  The new line up rocks.  It's great. It's now.  But this was the perfect chance to close the door on the original lineup. Say goodbye.  And talk about the new lineup on a huge stage with the rock world watching.  By NOT showing up, he'll be allowing the old members to say whatever they'll say with no chance to rebut.  I think by not being there it will only make people wonder more about the old line up instead of giving him the chance to forever close that chapter.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »

Adler made situation unbearable these past few months. There was too much risk for Axl being around volatile, unpleasant people. It was probably the right decision under the circumstances.

Get ready for Kid Rock singing Paradise City.

Adler deserves a huge amount of blame; his mouth ran over any chance, however slim it was, for these guys to stand on stage together.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »

He?s got the right to choose not to go, however, this announcement would have been better a few months ago. It is a slap to the fans, no matter what if he or anyone think it?s not. I only hope the other guys do play with someone else doing the vocals.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »

This is the part that I just don't get.  Forget the reunion.  Showing up is not a reunion tour.  Accepting the honor for your fans isn't a reunion.  

"Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense."

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »

TAKE THAT ONE TO YOUR MOTHERFUCKING HEART!

"The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba." - Axl Rose

smoking

This is the part that I just don't get.  Forget the reunion.  Showing up is not a reunion tour.  Accepting the honor for your fans isn't a reunion.  And it certainly doesn't distract from the current line up.  Axl obviously thinks it would've but that's just misguided or a cop out.  The new line up rocks.  It's great. It's now.  But this was the perfect chance to close the door on the original lineup. Say goodbye.  And talk about the new lineup on a huge stage with the rock world watching.  By NOT showing up, he'll be allowing the old members to say whatever they'll say with no chance to rebut.  I think by not being there it will only make people wonder more about the old line up instead of giving him the chance to forever close that chapter.

If you don't see how even showing up would have added more fuel to the reunion fire, than you clearly have never followed the way Guns N' Roses and Axl get treated in the media.

I don't think Axl cares what people "wonder"

If he showed up and spoke about the new band, he would have seemed ungrateful. He was really in a no-win situation with this, and I think it's just ridiculous for anyone to attack his decision not to even attend.

The past doesn't need any chapters closed. It's been DISCUSSED TO DEATH ALREADY (see the Dead Horse section here at htgth)

The focus is on GUNS N' ROSES 2012

Did everyone hear that?

I can break it down really easy, it's two parts.

First part: GUNS N' ROSES
Second part: 2012

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »

Adler deserves a huge amount of blame; his mouth ran over any chance, however slim it was, for these guys to stand on stage together.

I am going to think a little bit more about this.  I actually think that Adler does deserve a significant amount of blame for this, but maybe I need to step back and look at it again.  

If there is one person I feel bad for its Duff.  He seems to be the only one of the band who acts how a "grown up" is supposed to act.  And that's not necessarily a knock on anyone else, just that Duff is the only person who I think could quit music tomorrow and still have an identity and be happy.  

It would be priceless if no one showed up now (other than Adler of course).  
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »

Brilliant! Definitely the right thing to do. Especially the "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf"-part.

Just when I thought there would be no good solution for Axl reagarding this whole HOF-thing, he makes the best of it. Of course there will be a lot of bullshit in media/fan-forums, but: The man make himself clear, and there's no need for further explanation. Let the bullshitters bullshit, react with laugh or ignoring and don't be caught up in it ok

Also, I like his mentions about who's inducted and who's not. By withdrawing his own nomination out, I consider it a major reliance (not sure if that's the right word) and respect for his bandmates. That's where his head his, not in the past.

And anyway, HOF IS a construction based on the result of business, not music.

Someone said it, Axl's not for sale Cool

Rock on Gn'R, hoping to be able to attend a show or two down at the continent this summer ok
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:40:53 PM by westcoast_junkie » Logged

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »

Axl, I love you so much for doing this. You followed your heart and acted with integrity and, as a fan, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I have nothing but respect for the way you've conducted yourself in this difficult situation.
 love

Ironically, if anyone deserved to be recognised for staying true to the spirit of GN'R it's Axl, but various people and organisations placed him in an impossible position. Yes he'll get a lot of flack for this from people who can't see beyond their own selfishness but that's nothing new. He's being dealing with this shit for years.

See you on tour next month lads.  peace

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »

I feel very dissapointed.

PD: If somebody want to delete this post, let me kno to post quite the opposite.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:19 PM »

I'm enjoying the thread. It'd be good to see older members views,, I see Loretian, KV, Holtz etc.. are on.

Interesting to read
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »

Not going is one thing, asking to not be included  Roll Eyes I just think that's a bit ridiculous. I think the world gets it, Axl Rose wants to focus on Guns N' Roses as it stands right now. He made it a point to say that Duff/Izzy/Him can still be more than civil, obviously Steven pissed on any hope of Axl feeling "welcome", and he just completely omits Slash from the entire letter.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »

This is the part that I just don't get.  Forget the reunion.  Showing up is not a reunion tour.  Accepting the honor for your fans isn't a reunion.  

"Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense."

I know this. Got over it a long time ago. Love the band. Can't wait to see them in May, and do not want a reunion. Plenty of divorcees are able to be in the same place at special events that involve both of them, though. Especially when it's stuff honouring their children (music).
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »

I think this sucks, as much as it makes Axl look more badass or w/e if it's a lose lose situation for him, i think he should have chose to let everyone else win while only he loses instead of everyone loosing including him.

destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2012, 05:45:27 PM »

I think this sucks, as much as it makes Axl look more badass or w/e if it's a lose lose situation for him, i think he should have chose to let everyone else win while only he loses instead of everyone loosing including him.

I feel very dissapointed.

PD: If somebody want to delete this post, let me kno to post quite the opposite.

You're disappointed because something the media created didn't actually turn out to happen the way you wanted it to?

I think Steven Adler is holding a candlelight vigil somewhere outside Cleveland tonight, perhaps those other who were disillusioned enough to believe the reunion nonsense can all attend and be together in this time.

Meanwhile, I'll be rocking out to Chinese Democracy and reading about the venues Guns N' Roses will be performing at in 2012.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »

"No one's taking the ball and going home"

Ah the tried and true expression of the playground / court / field. When you don't like how the game is going, go get yourself a new ball and find a new playground. Or, if we can't play with my ball-then no game.
Totally your choice man.

I'm attending the show in Cleveland. Been looking forward to it for months, most of all for the Faces. Always figured there would not be a cohesive GNR induction and now this cements it. I saw the old GNR lineup way back. I've seen the new lineup.

I think another old tried and true expression bears repeat here: "I'm getting too old for this shit".

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: