Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:04:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170779 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2012, 05:46:28 PM »

This letter makes very little sense to me.
He doesn't think the HOF has the right to pick whom they induct?
Who does then? Who is he upset got inducted?

He doesn't feel he's actually wanted there?

He thinks it's a misguided attempt to distract from efforts with the current lineup?
Maybe it's a distraction if you let it become one, but to think the HOF actually gives a shit about distracting the current lineup sounds like paranoia to me.

Anyways, I don't blame him for not wanting to be around people he doesn't get along with.
Little late, but I do appreciate the fact that this saves me some money and a trip to Ohio.

To say he doesn't care, and it's totally rock n rol and this and that, not sure where people are getting that from.
Sounds like he cares a hell of a lot, maybe too much, reading press, public comments by other artists(what the fuck?) etc.

Oh well. Hopefully the Faces and RHCP make up for it for those attending.
I'm sure Slash and Ronnie Wood could put on a hell of a show.
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

And anyway, HOF IS a construction based on the result of business, not music.

Someone said it, Axl's not for sale Cool

HOF won't make any more or less $ by Axl showing or not showing.  It's a non profit organization!  

And all the posts about Axl not selling out and not doing things for money? C'mon.  When AFD went Platinum, they/he stopped being garage based rockers who did it for the of the game.  It became a business and they profited handsomely.  Do you think they sell T-shirts at their shows for charity?  Of course he's entitled to profit from it.  But to say they aren't in it for the $ is foolhardy.  Axl may be more "rock n roll" than most rock stars but he still is in it for the $ and earns a great living from the sale of albums, t-shirts, merch, posters, downloads, and ticket sales.   This had nothing to do with $.  
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2012, 05:49:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is one of two things. He said he doesn't want to take anything away from people who are being inducted, so it's either who wasn't being included that he's pissed about, or the choice of band to do the induction speech being passed without his say-so.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »

Axl is doing what he has always done, which is not letting what others say or think influence what he does as an artist.  This is why we are Guns N Roses fans.  If you guys are looking for someone to blow the music industry, I'm sure there are tons of Dave Grohl message boards out there..
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2012, 05:51:15 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is one of two things. He said he doesn't want to take anything away from people who are being inducted, so it's either who wasn't being included that he's pissed about, or the choice of band to do the induction speech being passed without his say-so.

In either case it's all center around who? Him.  Roll Eyes

It's not like they asked any other member?

Axl is doing what he has always done, which is not letting what others say or think influence what he does as an artist.  This is why we are Guns N Roses fans.  If you guys are looking for someone to blow the music industry, I'm sure there are tons of Dave Grohl message boards out there..

Axl is doing what Axl has always done, that is not even up for dispute. He never adhered to any form of institution. Although I don't see the point of making jokes at other artists expense, that have little to do with GN'R.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »

And anyway, HOF IS a construction based on the result of business, not music.

Someone said it, Axl's not for sale Cool

HOF won't make any more or less $ by Axl showing or not showing.  It's a non profit organization!  

And all the posts about Axl not selling out and not doing things for money? C'mon.  When AFD went Platinum, they/he stopped being garage based rockers who did it for the of the game.  It became a business and they profited handsomely.  Do you think they sell T-shirts at their shows for charity?  Of course he's entitled to profit from it.  But to say they aren't in it for the $ is foolhardy.  Axl may be more "rock n roll" than most rock stars but he still is in it for the $ and earns a great living from the sale of albums, t-shirts, merch, posters, downloads, and ticket sales.   This had nothing to do with $.  

selling out and making a living are two different things where i come from

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2012, 05:52:44 PM »

I'm enjoying the thread. It'd be good to see older members views,, I see Loretian, KV, Holtz etc.. are on.

Interesting to read

Nice of you to notice.  Thanks!   Smiley

Not sure if anyone but you cares, Mysteron, but I think Axl posted his feelings in a pretty clear manner and I don't have any major problem.  I personally have no interest in the RRHOF, and I don't care who they induct or don't induct.  Axl is the leader of Guns N' Roses, and it doesn't make sense to for him to attend a ceremony which is essentially not supportive to (and even detrimental towards) the band Guns N' Roses, even as they claim to be honoring it.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »

In either case it's all center around who? Him.  Roll Eyes

It's not like they asked any other member? I agree with him not showing, but he really goes out of his way to make it seem as if everyone will think REUNION TOUR had he shown up.

That's exactly how it would have been perceived. It was ALREADY perceived that way by MANY just on the POSSIBILITY of him showing up.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »

He thinks it's a misguided attempt to distract from efforts with the current lineup?
Maybe it's a distraction if you let it become one, but to think the HOF actually gives a shit about distracting the current lineup sounds like paranoia to me.

To say he doesn't care, and it's totally rock n rol and this and that, not sure where people are getting that from.
Sounds like he cares a hell of a lot, maybe too much, reading press, public comments by other artists(what the fuck?) etc.

Totally agree with this post.   Of course they had a right who to induct into their own HOF, no differently than any HOF chooses who to induct.  And of course he was wanted.  That's why he was inducted.  HOF is inducting the men who made the music that GnR is known for.   I like CD and love the new band but that has nothing to do with the HOF.  

My speculation is that he was pissed at what Adler said. He felt alone b/c Duff, Slash, Matt and Steven are kind of together while he's moved on.  He didn't want to face them and deal with the obvious tension.  So he decided to decline.  Money plays no part here, despite what he implied.  

I just wonder if Dizzy now declines.  And if he does will it be b/c Axl declined? And if he goes, does it cause tension in the new band?  
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

Some are disappointed because the idea they created in their heads with the help from the "supportive" media didn't work out as planned. Too bad for you.

All the ones who keep saying "Oh, but attending wouldn't have any effect on the current band". Are you that naive?

Ever since this thing was announced the whole focus has been on the past, the old band and how they broke up etc.

Also, you seem to forget who's been blamed for basically everything that went wrong with GN'R since day one. Some of you are the ones doing it!

You blame him for breaking up your dream band, then you expect him to show up and smile just to please you? Really?

This thing is not that different from having the media make shit up for years and then expect you to give them interviews and play nice.
It's all pretty much the same.

Certain fans are the same. They'll do anything to discredit and belittle the band, until they get what they are "owed".

Axl writes a letter expressing his feelings on the subject, then thanks all the fans like us who support the band and then some are disappointed and label Axl ungrateful? Ironic....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »

I just wonder if Dizzy now declines.  And if he does will it be b/c Axl declined? And if he goes, does it cause tension in the new band?  

Dizzy's got his own issues with the hall. Namely asking him for $3,000 for his ex-wife to be there...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »

I don't see the point of making jokes at other artists expense, that have little to do with GN'R.

I am seeing that some people on here would love Axl to be Mr. Nice Guy and play ball with every little thing that the music industry requires, that isn't him.  So I am pointing them in the direction of someone who does all of those things.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »

All the ones who keep saying "Oh, but attending wouldn't have any effect on the current band". Are you that naive?

Ever since this thing was announced the whole focus has been on the past, the old band and how they broke up etc.

/jarmo

What did you expect. It's the past they're honouring. They're not claiming the present isn't happening... they made it explicitly clear on their site that Axl is fully committed to the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses. But when you're honouring the past, that's the thing that you spend most of the time talking about. That's how it goes.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »

Totally agree with this post.   Of course they had a right who to induct into their own HOF, no differently than any HOF chooses who to induct.  And of course he was wanted.  That's why he was inducted.  HOF is inducting the men who made the music that GnR is known for.   I like CD and love the new band but that has nothing to do with the HOF.  

My speculation is that he was pissed at what Adler said. He felt alone b/c Duff, Slash, Matt and Steven are kind of together while he's moved on.  He didn't want to face them and deal with the obvious tension.  So he decided to decline.  Money plays no part here, despite what he implied.  

Man, you really like to speculate.

Secondly, Guns N' Roses is also known for the music on Chinese Democracy.

I'm kind of sick of the 2000 Era band being an afterthought to the "get the old guys back together" crew

Go to the shows. People sing the CD songs. There are young people who go to the shows, and they know BOTH the new and old stuff. Yes, in most cases they heard the old stuff first, but THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LOVE CHINESE DEMOCRACY AND IT IS A PART OF GUNS N' ROSES HISTORY.

This isn't about you're fantasies of Slash playing Paradise City again with Axls hand on his shoulder.... snap the fuck back into reality. I think if you turn on your TV, you might still be able to catch the end of Slash and Fergie performing together....

smoking

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »

Some are disappointed because the idea they created in their heads with the help from the "supportive" media didn't work out as planned. Too bad for you.

Ever since this thing was announced the whole focus has been on the past, the old band and how they broke up etc

Axl writes a letter expressing his feelings on the subject, then thanks all the fans like us who support the band and then some are disappointed and label Axl ungrateful? Ironic....
/jarmo

I just don't understand how you belittle an institution and then thank them for the induction, that you previously mentioned want to have nothing to do with. Everything else I can understand.
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

Also, you seem to forget who's been blamed for basically everything that went wrong with GN'R since day one. Some of you are the ones doing it!

You blame him for breaking up your dream band, then you expect him to show up and smile just to please you? Really?

This thing is not that different from having the media make shit up for years and then expect you to give them interviews and play nice.

Certain fans are the same. They'll do anything to discredit and belittle the band, until they get what they are "owed".

/jarmo

Man, nothings changed since the last time I was on here.  Every post until this one was about the letter and speculation.  There was no bashing and very little nastiness.  Why do you always feel the need to attack posters/fans instead of talking about the subject.  You take things so personally.  Just because someone agrees or doesn't agree with what Axl said or did, doesn't make them any less of a fan than you.  It's okay to not always agree with everything your favorite artist does.   Whatever. 
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »

/jarmo

Man, nothings changed since the last time I was on here.  Every post until this one was about the letter and speculation.  There was no bashing and very little nastiness.  Why do you always feel the need to attack posters/fans instead of talking about the subject.  You take things so personally.  Just because someone agrees or doesn't agree with what Axl said or did, doesn't make them any less of a fan than you.  It's okay to not always agree with everything your favorite artist does.   Whatever. 

How come when Jarmo challenges something someone says, you say he is "attacking them" and "taking it so personally" but when the posters SPECULATE and just  make up what they THINK is going on, that's ok?

And yes, hoping for a reunion makes you less of a fan of Guns N' Roses than me for sure, I dunno about Jarmo Wink It also makes you wildly out of touch with reality. Cuz' yeah, Guns N' Roses isn't what it was in 1987.

Evolve already!

Wink

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:06:04 PM by destry rides again » Logged

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »

You tell em, Axl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »

/jarmo

What did you expect. It's the past they're honouring. They're not claiming the present isn't happening... they made it explicitly clear on their site that Axl is fully committed to the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses. But when you're honouring the past, that's the thing that you spend most of the time talking about. That's how it goes.

And you got a problem when somebody isn't that into that kind of thing?

What was your old username?  Cheesy

Damn right, nothing's changed. It's a fucking GN'R fan site.

Why do people like you always get offended when I describe what's going on among the so called fans? Too close to home?

The ones who seem to spend years whining and then they think Axl can't say no to the mighty RNRHOF reunion, but he can, and their illusions crumble again...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2012, 06:08:41 PM »

Integrity, as always. respect! Milan soon! beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018