Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:38:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170848 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »

Eddie Trunk is a first class douche.. so don't pat him on the back.

he doesn't think GNR are a first ballot worthy band which is just fucking ridiculous.

Maybe the Hall wanted the potential Publicity but that doesn't change the fact GNR are an all time great band and deserve this honor.

Actually he never said that. He said that it's ridiculous that GNR are being inducted on first ballot and tons of other bands aren't. He never said they weren't worthy. He just said tons of other bands are, and should be in already. And he's right.

Read that sentence.. He is saying those OTHER bands deserve to get in BEFORE GNR which is ridiculous.

No he's right. Bands that have been around since before GNR, and have been eligibale for years deserve to get in before Guns.

Yeah but GNR getting in doesn't stop one of those from also getting in. GNR are like Mickey Mantle.. First ballot all the way.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »

yea, we know divorces happen.  but the children spend their lives w the dream their parents will someday reunite.  life is so much more fulfilling when the dream is alive.  i've been thinking about that possibility for the r&r hof since 2000, long before the band members were thinking about it.  i have thought about it daily, multiple times each day for the last 12-13 years.  now that dream is over.  there is no hope.  there is no point.  i'll call in sick tomorrow to work and the foreseeable future.  i'll try to find a point to all this.  try to find a reason.  likely, there will be no reason to be found.  just someone who is more talented than any singer/songwriter in history.  without his eccentric personality we would never have gotten the amazing music that we got.  but, it's so much more than music.  it's the best literature ever written.  it's the soundtrack of my life since the age of 8.  but, that eccentricity also results in times like this.  times when he cannot just act like an adult for once.  as i sail off and try to come to grips with wasting 24 years of my life i have to take a look at the reality of this evil world we all live in.  if i call you out of habit, i'm outta love and i gotta have it.

You should seek psychiatric help. I'm not even joking, please seek it, for the betterment of those around you and yourself.

Also, you check out a CD called Chinese Democracy, it's pretty good. I could send you a copy if you don't have one.

i listen to CD all the time.  i'm especially obsessed w better, SOD, and catcher, but i really like 95% of that album.  i saw axl and his crew in 2002 and in 2011 and axl was great.  i bought 10 tickets both times and convinced people i knew to go with me.  i did feel like i was watching axl and a cover band but i love all those songs so much that i would have had fun even if it was a cover band without axl.  i even blasted oh my god in college for months after it came out until my roommates wanted to kill me.  everything axl has ever done lyrically is greater than anything anyone else has ever done.  but, i have spent that entire time dreaming of this day in 2012 when i could finally see the 5 people who shaped my life come together again for the final time.  it's a kick in the face.  the bitter end.

So in your case, this is more about how it pertains to you personally and your dream.

Did you honestly think even if Axl went, they were going to perform? It kinda seems like you let yourself believe in something that everyone knew wasn't going to happen.

Take some time, relax. Don't it take it so personally, Axl didn't mean it as "a kick in the face" to you.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2012, 07:24:14 PM »

Some of you might forget that what we know, probably isn't the whole picture.

No matter what he chose to do, there would be good and bad. He made the decision that is right for him.

That decision might not be right for you, but at the end of the day, you don't have the deal with the stuff that comes with said decision.

It's easy to say "You should do this..." when you can just forget about it the next minute.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2012, 07:24:20 PM »

he doesn't think GNR are a first ballot worthy band which is just fucking ridiculous.

Maybe the Hall wanted the potential Publicity but that doesn't change the fact GNR are an all time great band and deserve this honor.

Actually he never said that. He said that it's ridiculous that GNR are being inducted on first ballot and tons of other bands aren't. He never said they weren't worthy. He just said tons of other bands are, and should be in already. And he's right.

Read that sentence.. He is saying those OTHER bands deserve to get in BEFORE GNR which is ridiculous.

No he's right. Bands that have been around since before GNR, and have been eligibale for years deserve to get in before Guns.

Yeah but GNR getting in doesn't stop one of those from also getting in. GNR are like Mickey Mantle.. First ballot all the way.

Yes but some people like Eddie and myself think that it is ridiculous that these bands that have been without a doubt, important figures in rock history and have been eligible for years and are still not inducted, yet GNR get's inducted in their first year eligable. I'm not saying GNR shouldn't be inducted on their first year. I'm just saying that there are a ton of other bands that should have been as well, and deserve to be in before GNR.

Broski
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »

Maybe we should let the Rock Hall induct whoever the hell they want to induct and if other people don't like their choices, let them make their own Hall Of Fame. Just a thought. Wink
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2012, 07:26:12 PM »

To all those struggling to understand why Axl doesn't wish to be inducted, it's pretty simple in my view. He doesn't agree with the way HOF conducts its business and so exercises his right not to be associated with them through the induction. To do anything else would be hypocritical - something Axl definitely isn't.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »

If Axl said, 'I am not going because the whole concept of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is idiotic', I would understand that.  This letter is unclear and ridiculous.  From what I can tell, he is pissed because the HOF dictates what members can be inducted.  Does he really think Frank Ferrer should be inducted or any of the current members?   The whole reason GNR is being inducted and why Axl even has his current lineup of GNR is because of Appetite for Destruction.  That album was written and performed by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven.  Don't get me wrong, I have seen Axl's band 3 times and love Chinese Democracy, but this honor is based on the achievment of the original five members.  Personally, I don't think Matt, Gilby or Dizzy should be inducted either.   How hard is it to walk on a stage and say 'thanks'? If he doesn't want to perform with the other guys, he doesn't have to.  He doesn't even have to talk to Slash or Steven if he doesn't feel like it.  If he is pissed because the current memebers aren't being inducted or he wants to perform with the current band, I think that is insane.  If GNR had completely ceased to exist in 1990 they would still be inducted into the HOF.  The current members have absolutely nothing to do with GNR being inducted.  But hey, Axl has always done what he wants regardless if makes sense to anybody else and that is a big reason I am such a fan.  But right now, I am a disappointed fan.

what in the letter makes you think he is pissed because the HOF dictates what members can be inducted???

i don't see anything that implies that in the slightest.

Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.
There.  He's obviously upset with which members the "hall" has chosen to include.  Bad "Hall".  Lol
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »

Eddie is a parasitic self serving Douche....

Just watch that shit with Axl he did... Them acting like they were gonna ambush Axl and force him to talk etc.. what a load of shit.

I am trying to appreciate how difficult and awkward that would be for Axl.. I just honestly feel insulted that he would take his name off the accomplishment.

I don't agree with that.

He has the right to not go, or do whatever he wants.. but I just don't understand that. I honestly don't. has nothing to do with being an old band fan, a Slash fan or not loving the band he has right now.

I just really felt a tinge of hurt/disappointment when I read that part about not even being included.....

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »

It could also mean that he didn't agree with the choice of Green Day to be the ones inducting them, and he was never consulted about it. He didn't make that clear. In fact it was all pretty vague.

I miss the days when he'd just fly off the handle and say exactly what he thought. At least then there was no room for interpretation.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »

I agree.  Not going is one thing, but refusing any association with the honor is just .....wrong.  This just really just hangs like a dark cloud over the whole ceremony.  It especially reflects poorly on Axl when some of his reasoning seems to be that the "new guys" weren't included.  I mean come on, everyone knows this honor is bases on the acheivement of Appetite and no one was forcing him to do something he didn't want to do.  I worry for Axl, I think he will be haunted by the choices he's made in this life.  

I hope the rest of the guys manage to enjoy themselves and perform regardless.

That should have read I agree with Old Cowboy.

Where in the letter does it say that?

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »

Yes but some people like Eddie and myself think that it is ridiculous that these bands that have been without a doubt, important figures in rock history and have been eligible for years and are still not inducted, yet GNR get's inducted in their first year eligable. I'm not saying GNR shouldn't be inducted on their first year. I'm just saying that there are a ton of other bands that should have been as well, and deserve to be in before GNR.

Yeah but who?

I am the biggest Kiss fan on this forum,I guarantee and will take the fan challenge with anyone but Kiss aren't half the BAND GNR are musically. just aren't in the same ballpark.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »

Anybody who's followed the Hall of Fame's process of selecting who to include surely must have notices how odd it all is.

Red Hot Chili Peppers' current guitar player who's been in the band for about two years is included.

How is that celebrating the past accomplishments?

Dave Navarro wasn't included because? The album didn't sell enough? They didn't play enough big shows?

It's all a bit weird...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »

I agree.  Not going is one thing, but refusing any association with the honor is just .....wrong.  This just really just hangs like a dark cloud over the whole ceremony.  It especially reflects poorly on Axl when some of his reasoning seems to be that the "new guys" weren't included.  I mean come on, everyone knows this honor is bases on the acheivement of Appetite and no one was forcing him to do something he didn't want to do.  I worry for Axl, I think he will be haunted by the choices he's made in this life.  

I hope the rest of the guys manage to enjoy themselves and perform regardless.

That should have read I agree with Old Cowboy.

Where in the letter does it say that?

Even if he says "the members who they chose" what reasoning do you give for saying he means "the new guys"Huh He couldn't mean Gilby? He couldn't mean Matt?

Here we go with the SPECULATION.

I love how people hate on Axl for speculative reasons.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »

I think its complete bullshit new Chili Pepper guy is included.

thought it was bullshit Metallica bass dude was also

BUT those guys are considered Equal partners of those bands now whereas most are band members but aren't equal partners.

I guess that matters for some reason

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »

It's about going to some industry gathering congratulating themselves on their achievements
/jarmo

Instead of being a media circus about reunion this and reunion that.

/jarmo

I think this hits it on the head. From reading the letter, it seems like Axl is trying to avoid a circus. For months it's been "Oh, what'll happen when Axl and Slash get on stage together!?"
Axl seems to be the type of person that when he does something, he does it all the way. Why show up to this thing if not to perform? He's not gonna just get up on stage and kiss Slash on the lips and say "it's all okay, let's rock" because the photo op is there.

No, the letter in my view seems like he's not interested in it at all if he can't go all the way with doing in a proper fashion. He's not disrespecting it, he's just saying it's not for me.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2012, 07:46:59 PM »

Yeah but who?

I am the biggest Kiss fan on this forum,I guarantee and will take the fan challenge with anyone but Kiss aren't half the BAND GNR are musically. just aren't in the same ballpark.

I agree GNR are a better band musically but, KISS does deserve to be in before them. They are a pioneer of shock rock and big stage shows and their music is legendary. Deep Purple, Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. All legendary bands that have influenced rock forever. They should all be in the hall.

Broski
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2012, 07:47:54 PM »

BUT those guys are considered Equal partners of those bands now whereas most are band members but aren't equal partners.

Isn't that just you speculating to prove why they were included and why nobody in GN'R would be eligible?

In other words, no evidence of that actually being the case.

He's not disrespecting it, he's just saying it's not for me.

Exactly.

/jarmo

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »

I'm not hating on Axl, I'm just not agreeing with him.  He's made his feelings about Slash and Steven pretty clear.  From what I surmise from his letter, from how he refers to "our" induction, and how he feels his current band is GnR, it's not too big of a leap to make.  I'm quite sure he's not pissed over Gilby lol.  

I feel for Axl, but this a sad mistake.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »

I think its complete bullshit new Chili Pepper guy is included.

thought it was bullshit Metallica bass dude was also

I guess that matters for some reason

It's easier to induct ONE new member, pacify the band, and ensure they'll perform. The problem with GNR is the sheer volume of guys involved from 97-now. At some point it cheapens the honor. Plus, let's face it, this HOF thing was not ever about recognizing current GNR.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »

You start a band, people join, the band becomes successful, people leave, they want the band to die, you keep going on, get new guys in who share your vision, you keep going, you're trying to get the train back up and running, you spend years on it, getting the right parts, getting everybody to work together, it's a long ride, you get to a point where you feel proud of what you accomplished after everything you've been through and somebody comes along saying "Congratulations! We will honor what you did 20-25 years ago, but we couldn't care less what you've been doing for the past 15 years! Smile!".

For some, that's good enough. For others, it's not....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: