Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:37:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170838 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »

So they're still inducting him?

"We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person," a spokesperson for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame told MTV News in a statement on Wednesday.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1682937/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-declines-rock-roll-hall-fame.jhtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »

Dee Snyder just asked Slash about Axl's statement at the Golden God Awards and he said something to the extent of "I'm not going to comment on that but, I'll be there".

Steven is being interviewed now on it. https://www.facebook.com/xbox/app_206157356151293

Edit: Dee just attacked Axl and called GNR "Rose N' Roses" and Steven agreed "it is Rose N' Roses". Dee said anyone who see's Axl's band is a traitor. Steven said something like "when I say it I'm the bad guy". Shows he was never truly remorseful about what he said about the current band.

Or that he's just high... again.

Or should I say still?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2012, 10:48:19 PM »

So they're still inducting him?

"We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person," a spokesperson for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame told MTV News in a statement on Wednesday.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1682937/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-declines-rock-roll-hall-fame.jhtml

I wouldn't read that much into it.  He clearly doesn't want to be mentioned.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »

He fucked the current line-up by doing this (writing the letter - making a huge stink). They will never play arenas again in the USA because of this. My cell phone and FB is blowing up right now - all casual fans wanting to remind me what a douche my hero is.

are you worried for the sizes of the arenas, and for the opinions of a bunch of nobodies? are these really your problems?

Let's celebrate that:
- Axl is a man of honour.
- There is NOTHING more to speculate from now on. NOTHING. All has been said.
- There will NEVER be a reunion,
- Axl wont play in the same stage with Slash,
- Axl is 100% focused in his band, Guns N' Roses.
- Izzy and Duff are still friends of Axl and the band. The 2 bloodsuckers arent (Steven and $la$h)

I cant find better reasons to celebrate. Fantastic day to be a GNR fan.  beer

See, this is the type of shit that pisses me off right here.....

Completely disrespectful and uncalled for.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2012, 11:03:58 PM »

I just can't express my emotions and feelings of pure happiness and joy after reading Axl's words at the LA Times. This is probably one of my happiest days as a GN'R fan, being absolutely PROUD of Axl Rose, the soul and mastermind of the band we all love.

Thank you Axl Rose, once again, for not dissapointing us. For not letting your soul to be sold to the devil. For supporting and believeing in Guns N' Roses, which it's equal to say Bumblefoot, Dj ASHBA?, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Frank Ferrer plus, of course, you.

Your integrity as a human being and as an artist is a light in the inmense shadows that covers this world, and a truly inspiration for a lot of us. Expect neverending loyalty from me, as a GNR fan, for the decision you made today.

I love you Axl. Esteban

Very well spoken, Esteban.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:07:03 PM by destry rides again » Logged

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »

I'm really disappointed!  AFD changed my life and I feel the induction should have been a celebratory occasion honoring the great achievements of my favorite band.  They not only changed rock n roll history but also changed the lives of many of their fans!  Boo crying

How is not still a celebratory occasion honoring the great achievements of your favorite band?

Because Axl and Slash aren't going to hug?

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »

Some of you really need to remove the virtual lips from the virtual ass. And I ain't talking about any particular sides.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:56 PM »

Good for Axl. Way to stand up for what you believe in. Makes me happy to see there's still some integrity in rock and roll.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »

I'm really disappointed!  AFD changed my life and I feel the induction should have been a celebratory occasion honoring the great achievements of my favorite band.  They not only changed rock n roll history but also changed the lives of many of their fans!  Boo crying

How is not still a celebratory occasion honoring the great achievements of your favorite band?

Because Axl and Slash aren't going to hug?

Because axl wont be there! It would have been amazing to see the original line up accepting their award together. Its a diss to the fans
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »

If he doesn't wanna be inducted that's his prerogative and I don't see why he should as some people put it just go and accept the honor when it's obvious it doesn't really mean anything to him. Showing up and pretending like he cares about something when he really doesn't in my opinion would be the real slap in the face to fans it would be the exact opposite of the Axl Rose I've been a fan of for all these years.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »

Because axl wont be there! It would have been amazing to see the original line up accepting their award together. Its a diss to the fans

Did you even bother to READ what Axl wrote?  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Axl
This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2012, 11:34:35 PM »

Wait a sec, some of you actually thought this was going to happen the way YOU wanted it to?   confused
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »

Why are people getting so wrapped up in Axl not going?

He never said he was actually going to attend, he just said it was an honor and stuff originally.

I still have a ticket to go and haven't 100% decided yes or no, I have a friend in Ohio who actually wants to buy it from me if I decide not to attend. Does my decision change now because of what Axl said? Not necessarily. I was iffy on going in the first place, I have seen the other attendees in the past few months and met them spoke with them briefly and said hello. Small brief conversation but it was worth it for me. Told them how much Appetite, Illusions, and their contributions meant to me being that I'm a huge GNR fan.

I mean my whole thing here is this: I'm going for Guns N' Roses. Axl won't be there - and I completely respect his decision not to. He walks to his own beat and does his own thing, and always has. Did I expect to see him? No. Was I hoping he would show up? Honestly, yes. Hoped he would show up accept the award and that was it. Did I want to see them perform? Not really.

No matter what Axl did here, he was fucked regardless. If he went and just accepted the award, the press would run stories how everything is patched up and how a reunion is in the works. If Axl went and played a song with the AFD/UYI lineup, it would obviously fuel the rumors even more and reunion talk would blow out of the water.

By not going and giving the HOF a big FU - Axl takes all the heat on himself for not going and not showing up. Earlier on the Golden God Awards, Dee Snider was out of line with his comments about Axl not going to the HOF and Adler once again made an ass out of himself making stupid ridiculous fucking comments.

Bottom line is this: if I go, I am going for Guns N' Roses as a whole. Only get to see that once, see the memorabilia and stuff. If I don't go - I have a nice weekend to enjoy to myself and may end up going hiking up in Northern Jersey. ok

*EDIT* Although watching this unfold may be quite interesting!  beer
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:46:23 PM by cotis » Logged
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2012, 11:49:16 PM »

Good for Axl. Way to stand up for what you believe in. Makes me happy to see there's still some integrity in rock and roll.
Me too. I got excited reading the letter. I can't imagine any sort of reunion being a good thing, and I'm more happy with what we have now.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2012, 11:54:10 PM »

Did you even bother to READ what Axl wrote?  Roll Eyes
NO, I DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO READ THE ARTICLE...YOUR AN ASS
Quote from: Axl
This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed.

bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »

I'm sorry but that just sucks strait up. I wish he could have been there for his fans not just the guns fans. I gotta say I'm dissapointed but at the same time respect his decision.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2012, 12:04:54 AM »

MTV isn't what it used to be... but it sure picked up on this story immediately after it went to all the newspapers and websites!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »

How couldn't you love this guy? Axl is the fuckin' man.

madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2012, 12:10:01 AM »

I have to say I was deeply saddened to read Axl?s letter ? and to hear that he changed his mind about attending this once-in-a-lifetime event and accept this incredible honor that allows him to join the best-of-the-best in music history. 

This honor isn?t just some grammy award or rock music award ? where, if you don?t show up this year, there?s always next year. Nope.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime event ? you?re only inducted once - if at all. And if you don?t show up, that moment is gone forever.

Some of the biggest and greatest rockers have talked about the excitement and honor they felt when they were inducted. Alice Cooper, for instance, used to play down the HOF when he was passed over 16 times, but was euphoric when he was finally inducted and admits it was an honor like no other. As Alice described it, he felt he was suddenly in the same ranks of many of his idols and recognized by his peers. ?I?m in that league now, but I don?t feel like I should be because these guys to me were like royalty -  The Stones, the Beatles, the Kinks and the Who. Those were the guys that taught us everything. Now I guess I?m that guy with people like Slipknot and bands like that ? and they?re all my friends,?   Alice said. ?It?s a more humbling experience than an egotistical experience.?

Alice, as many of you know, was good friends with Axl.  He said he can?t imagine Axl and Slash not showing up for this event despite their past differences. ?People can be mad at each other, but when it comes to something like this ? that?s sort of a life-changing thing - you can?t snub your nose at an honor like that ?.. . Even if they don?t talk to each other again for the rest of their lives, for that one night, I think that they would do it.? (He made these comments before Axl?s letter).

Axl seemed genuinely excited and honored when the inductions were announced late last year, and his comments toward Slash had considerably softened, where he appeared cordial and even respectful.  ? So, what ? or who - poisoned his mind about the ceremony between then and now?  And why would anyone, who truly had Axl?s best interest at heart, not encourage him to attend and accept this incredible honor? 

For those who say ? it?s just for the fans. I disagree.   Diehard fans, who have been following the band from day one, have Axl?s best interest at heart.  If they didn?t, they wouldn?t be buying his records, attending his concerts, buying band merch, and posting on forums for years.  And yes, many wanted to share this incredible milestone with Axl by watching him accept this well-deserved award.  Sing or not sing ? that?s his choice. But at least show up on stage to accept the award in front of his peers and fans.

GNR was Axl's baby ? so why wouldn?t he want to be there to accept this highly-coveted award for his talent and influence?  It makes no sense - and may be a decision he lives to regret later.

Peace.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2012, 12:11:10 AM »

Why are people getting so wrapped up in Axl not going?

He never said he was actually going to attend, he just said it was an honor and stuff originally.

I still have a ticket to go and haven't 100% decided yes or no, I have a friend in Ohio who actually wants to buy it from me if I decide not to attend. Does my decision change now because of what Axl said? Not necessarily. I was iffy on going in the first place, I have seen the other attendees in the past few months and met them spoke with them briefly and said hello. Small brief conversation but it was worth it for me. Told them how much Appetite, Illusions, and their contributions meant to me being that I'm a huge GNR fan.

I mean my whole thing here is this: I'm going for Guns N' Roses. Axl won't be there - and I completely respect his decision not to. He walks to his own beat and does his own thing, and always has. Did I expect to see him? No. Was I hoping he would show up? Honestly, yes. Hoped he would show up accept the award and that was it. Did I want to see them perform? Not really.

No matter what Axl did here, he was fucked regardless. If he went and just accepted the award, the press would run stories how everything is patched up and how a reunion is in the works. If Axl went and played a song with the AFD/UYI lineup, it would obviously fuel the rumors even more and reunion talk would blow out of the water.

By not going and giving the HOF a big FU - Axl takes all the heat on himself for not going and not showing up. Earlier on the Golden God Awards, Dee Snider was out of line with his comments about Axl not going to the HOF and Adler once again made an ass out of himself making stupid ridiculous fucking comments.

Bottom line is this: if I go, I am going for Guns N' Roses as a whole. Only get to see that once, see the memorabilia and stuff. If I don't go - I have a nice weekend to enjoy to myself and may end up going hiking up in Northern Jersey. ok

*EDIT* Although watching this unfold may be quite interesting!  beer

OR we can hang out and see Tommy Sunday at Union Hall!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: