Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170831 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »

Don't forget the great fan reviews left on Ticketmaster.  Say what you will about Axl, he's done something no one in music has done before.  He has rebulit a band, basically from scratch and now their reaping the benefits.

Yes that is all true and he just fucked all that momentum today.

I don't agree - when the band gets back together next month and hits Europe the great reviews will keep pouring in and hopefully push this all aside and keep the focus on what really matters, Guns N' Roses are still touring and blowing away audiences on a nightly, 3 hour basis around the world.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2012, 01:00:57 AM »

Don't forget the great fan reviews left on Ticketmaster.  Say what you will about Axl, he's done something no one in music has done before.  He has rebulit a band, basically from scratch and now their reaping the benefits.

How exactly did he do that?  By standing up for his band he somehow fucked up their momentum?  
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2012, 01:01:11 AM »

No.... Guns N' Roses have plenty of momentum.  They have a summer tour coming up, and who know's maybe another U.S. tour in the fall ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2012, 01:06:41 AM »

I like the way Duff looks at things:

"The one reason that I am going to Cleveland this weekend.....I have realized how important this is all to those many, many fans that supported us and believed in us, and showed up for us in droves.....I have forgiven and forgotten. I have grown up and manned up. Part of me growing has been to realize I am powerless over others.

This whole deal, I hope, goes off without a hitch. I do hope we can achieve some grace in our acceptance. And I hope this grace, is enough, in the end, for the best rock and roll fans in the world. The Guns N' (f---ing) Roses fans."

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2012, 01:06:58 AM »

Oh and Madison.... How about you create your own message board, maybe call it "AFD 87" and get your cronies to post there, so us real Guns N' Roses fans,  can post here about our favorite band today.  Great letter Axl I stand by you 100 percent.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #265 on: April 12, 2012, 01:07:50 AM »

Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern

God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout

Heh, you got that right Buddy-boy!

I support all incarnations of GNR, but while the majority of posters in this topic are carrying one-another around on shoulders, popping corks, and singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" because Axl seems to be taking one for the current lineup team, a VERY likely scenario is being overlooked.

He just potentially cut the current lineup off at the knees.

Let me explain...by declining the Rock Hall's induction he may not necessarily mean "Fuck Off", but you can bet your bottom dollar that there are going to be plenty of people within the organization who will take it as "Fuck Off."

Believe me when I tell you that a healthy number of people on the board, the committee and on down the line are industry-professionals (promoters, programmers, publicists, etc...) who might just "respectfully decline" when the current band attempts to book a tour, or release new product, etc. And these types are an 'old boys club' and tend to stick together and certainly don't like wiping egg off of their faces.

Not to mention the fans - who will see this splashed all over the media and likely draw the ol' Prima Donna conclusion - who just may "respectfully decline" to buy tickets and new product.

This has a lot of room to end up 'not great' for the current band, the old band, the new fans, the old fans, or the everything fans all at once.

Cool story, bro. How about YOU keep doubting Axl and the boys and THEY kick the fuck out Europe this summer?

At what point in my post did I suggest I doubted the band?
I doubt 'the industry machine.'

Perfect, albeit odd, comparison to the situation...look at the Monkees. When they were filming their series and recording the sugary tunes that the suits hand-picked for them, the people in power at the label and the network were happy as clams.
 When the band said "this is bullshit, we're gonna do it OUR way", they went to a pretty cool place artistically and maintained a sense of integrity...and the people in control were scorned and torpedoed the poor bastards. Ruined them.
 I don't wanna see that happen to GNR, and hopefully I'm wrong...but making a bunch of heavyweights in several facets of the industry think they just got the finger from "some ingrate" (as I'm sure some of them will assume Axl to be) has plenty of room to yield some potentially shitty results.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #266 on: April 12, 2012, 01:13:21 AM »

Great post

I laugh at people who downplay something like this as "no big deal"

LOL

Im sure when people on here just graduated college they were excited and count it as one of the biggest moments of their lives.

This is an ENORMOUS honor. especially first ballot.

for fans to claim it isn't.. makes me shake my head.

HOF of anything is a HUGE deal.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2012, 01:13:49 AM »

Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern

I support all incarnations of GNR, but while the majority of posters in this topic are carrying one-another around on shoulders, popping corks, and singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" because Axl seems to be taking one for the current lineup team, a VERY likely scenario is being overlooked.

Let me explain...by declining the Rock Hall's induction he may not necessarily mean "Fuck Off", but you can bet your bottom dollar that there are going to be plenty of people within the organization who will take it as "Fuck Off."

Believe me when I tell you that a healthy number of people on the board, the committee and on down the line are industry-professionals (promoters, programmers, publicists, etc...) who might just "respectfully decline" when the current band attempts to book a tour, or release new product, etc. And these types are an 'old boys club' and tend to stick together and certainly don't like wiping egg off of their faces.

Not to mention the fans - who will see this splashed all over the media and likely draw the ol' Prima Donna conclusion - who just may "respectfully decline" to buy tickets and new product.

This has a lot of room to end up 'not great' for the current band, the old band, the new fans, the old fans, or the everything fans all at once.

Cool story, bro. How about YOU keep doubting Axl and the boys and THEY kick the fuck out Europe this summer?

I doubt 'the industry machine.'

Perfect, albeit odd, comparison to the situation...look at the Monkees. When they were filming their series and recording the sugary tunes that the suits hand-picked for them, the people in power at the label and the network were happy as clams.
 When the band said "this is bullshit, we're gonna do it OUR way", they went to a pretty cool place artistically and maintained a sense of integrity...and the people in control were scorned and torpedoed the poor bastards. Ruined them.
 I don't wanna see that happen to GNR, and hopefully I'm wrong...but making a bunch of heavyweights in several facets of the industry think they just got the finger from "some ingrate" (as I'm sure some of them will assume Axl to be) has plenty of room to yield some potentially shitty results.

Axl's been giving the finger to those people for the last 15 years.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2012, 01:14:54 AM »

You did that here....

In my book, cutting something off at the knees is doubting it can continue how it currently is and that it is going to suffer immensely.

Just saying...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #269 on: April 12, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »

Great post

I laugh at people who downplay something like this as "no big deal"

LOL

Im sure when people on here just graduated college they were excited and count it as one of the biggest moments of their lives.

I skipped my college graduation ceremony actually, just sayin.   hihi  I was probably on here reading set list updates.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: April 12, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »

I don't agree - when the band gets back together next month and hits Europe the great reviews will keep pouring in and hopefully push this all aside and keep the focus on what really matters, Guns N' Roses are still touring and blowing away audiences on a nightly, 3 hour basis around the world.

playing 66% of material created by the old band.

more closer to 90% with another 3-5 % being other covers.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #271 on: April 12, 2012, 01:21:45 AM »

More I think about this letter. The happier I am cause after this, he will have to release some new music. I can't see anyway around it. basically denouncing the old lineup, championing the current lineup.. he now kinda HAS to show what this band can do and that is a great thing.

Seriously, how much longer can the CD tour continue?

So if that letter leads to new music soon in the future... I'll stop bitching.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #272 on: April 12, 2012, 01:24:57 AM »

More I think about this letter. The happier I am cause after this, he will have to release some new music. I can't see anyway around it. basically denouncing the old lineup, championing the current lineup.. he now kinda HAS to show what this band can do and that is a great thing.

Then, and only then you will stop?  rofl God damn, Axl release some new freaking music!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #273 on: April 12, 2012, 01:26:39 AM »

Oh, come on D!  That's not going to happen anytime soon, and you know it.  

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #274 on: April 12, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »

I call that a win-win

I get new music or I get to keep bitching!  rofl rofl

CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #275 on: April 12, 2012, 01:33:01 AM »

You did that here....

In my book, cutting something off at the knees is doubting it can continue how it currently is and that it is going to suffer immensely.

Just saying...

Nah...there's no doubt of my own there, Sprinkles.
The whole post was a hypothetical situation. Note the word 'potentially' being used.
 Did I say anything remotely like "It is my opinion that GNR is surely doomed because people who turn the gears in press/media and the like will be butthurt and aggravated?"

Try again, guys - no matter how much you'd like to think I'm tearing the band down, that's not my intent at all.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #276 on: April 12, 2012, 01:33:39 AM »

I call that a win-win

I get new music or I get to keep bitching!  rofl rofl

yes ID say that is win win for you lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2012, 01:36:36 AM »

Which is what it's about - grow up, man up, deal with it.  It's an honor.  Be there and accept it gracefully, and don't make it more than what it is. 
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »

It's now 8,43am here and I first read about this a couple of hours ago on DJ's FB page as I was drinking my morning coffee and gettig ready to go to work.

I'm not one damn bit surprised.

Sure, I would have loved to see the AFD lineup together on stage, if not playing then at least accepting the honor. But you know what? I actually respect Axl for staying true to his principles and not compromising them for anyone or anything.

GNR sounds great as it is today, Slash's current thing with Myles sounds great too. Like I've said before, I'll enjoy what I've got available, rather than  spend my whole life longin for something that will never happen. It's just a rock band you know. I actually have a life besides Guns N' Roses, for fucks sake...  rofl
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:51:56 AM by Koskenkorvasieni » Logged

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #279 on: April 12, 2012, 02:06:25 AM »

"It's crap...just put this stuff aside for an event like that, for the recognition like that, to do the cool thing, and respect for what you guys have done -  I think it's totally screwed up!"   Dee Snider
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: