Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 171680 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2012, 04:49:51 AM »

Real anti-rock star,honest and respectful letter.It came to end all speculations and shut people up. And the first to piss all over RNRHOF deservingly.

Thank you Axl for being the person we all love and support. Time to close 100+ page threads of people dreaming.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2012, 04:54:35 AM »

I was half expecting the 'well I'm from the UK and I think its a massive deal' response. I just don't get the fuss really, its just some people saying you are good at what you do, the record sales do that.

At least the 2012 Guns n Roses fans can now get on with supporting this wonderful band and the nostalgia brigade can cry into their slash wigs!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #302 on: April 12, 2012, 04:59:06 AM »

Thank you Axl!! There are people, fans, that are out there and totally support you! It's sad that you don't feel welcome at the awards but I for one don't go where I don't feel welcome. There is enough shit we have to go threw in life, I would avoid a possible catastrophe like that too. I think its honorable that you stand for your current band. After all they are standing by you and you have been with most of them a lot longer then the original line up. The true fans will stand by you and understand. Don't let the haters get you down.
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #303 on: April 12, 2012, 05:01:48 AM »

ok, so he is talking his way out in about last minute.

Re-Union time, baby!!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2012, 05:02:09 AM »

im so glad that someone has still the balls to not do everyfucking thing the press wants you to do.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2012, 05:06:13 AM »

Out of 1000 words, this is what you see?

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »

Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things...

I agree w this, where the fuck is Buckethead? Seriously... confused

Matt get inducted, but not Bucket Roll Eyes Some seems oblivious to this reaction, Axl doesn't. Thank you!

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear.

Yep! Some rockfans/rockers are too nostalgic and r awaiting to be revolutionised. I even think he is too kind in wordusage declining the proposed induction of GunsN'Roses. It (the induction) should have been done diferently, either AFD line-up only or from all the line-ups. Thanks again to Axl Rose, honesty without compromise! peace
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:22:14 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2012, 05:20:56 AM »

Out of 1000 words, this is what you see?

sure there's lots more in it but regardless all his talking, arguments and views - the main message remains: Axl openly says 3 days before the event that he wont attend the HOF cerenomy.

Re-Union time, baby!!
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:59 AM »

im so glad that someone has still the balls to not do everyfucking thing the press wants you to do.

Yeah, he shoulda just been more crude Tongue fuck them

Lots of gunsnroses fans are like people as me, we accept (lots of us love the singer's voice, his dance/style and lots of music often gets associated with the leadsinger, which I know many writers can struggle with) DjAsbha and the musical-style/direction he represents and the current classical/traditional rock that gunsnroses performs, but we thought _and still hope_ we were getting something that are going more against the established norms...so if they gonna start shit or generate negative press, they should at least reflect the reality of the public, not their own degenerated or as Axl put it; contrived approach.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:38:13 AM by norway » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2012, 05:46:59 AM »

I wish all the people that are getting so angry and upset over this have heart attacks and die.

I also wish bad things upon their children.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2012, 05:48:56 AM »

This is entertainment guys Grin

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:41 AM »

That's show business!
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2012, 05:57:23 AM »

I wish all the people that are getting so angry and upset over this have heart attacks and die.

Wow. Someone clearly has anger management issues.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »

Agree that this is nothing to be upset about, but....F* u. Don't bring no children into this....TROLL...embarrasing Embarrassed

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2012, 06:02:01 AM »

Good on Axl for standing by his beliefs.

He's not for sale, and that's always been my favorite thing about him.

Word up, hear hear etc. etc.

As far as I'm concerned this hall of fame thing, as I learn about it, is crap. Yes it's an honor, but the concept just doesn't work. It's clearly very flawed in most aspects.

It works better in sports I guess, especially individual sport, where you have concrete records of achievements, but for music... Not so much.

Fuck it, move on and enjoy the live shows. Thats what it's all about.

Always nice to read Axl's letters. Very well written imo as all of his work.

I think he'd do very well working for a serious news paper writing serious comments. Like Biff Malibu of Gluecifer!  Wink

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »

Wow. Someone clearly has anger management issues.

Agree that this is nothing to be upset about, but....F* u. Don't bring no children into this....TROLL...embarrasing Embarrassed

You two, stop taking life so seriously, especially da internetz.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »

Some of the comments on here really are on another level ! Wishing bad things on other fans because of their opinion, not going to another show because of Axl's letter. Emotions are pretty high at the minute but can we please start showing some respect around here !!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2012, 06:07:17 AM »

Once again I have to marvel the human nature. Ask almost anyone and just about everyone will say that they admire people who don't sell out and betray their principles and being rock n' roll is cool, but when someone for a change lives up to the standard, the response is an overwhelming amount of sh*t.

Talk about rock and a hard place, the way the general media has presented this whole hof thing is reunion, reunion, reunion, which means a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of set up for Axl. We are now seeing a twist of the not going and/or not preforming scenario. If he went and performed, the media for sure would take it as a confirmation of a reunion, no matter how hard it was pointed out as a one off thing. The sad thing is, the easiest way out of all this would be for Axl to say that let bygones be bygones, let's get out on the road, do a reunion tour and make shitloads of money because people want to relive their youth. A large number of bands from the 80s have done this kind of thing and live off replaying the old hits.

Once again I'm reminded why Guns n' Roses is the band that rocks my world. Instead of taking the easy road paved with fast cash, Axl has chosen integrity and supports the band of 2012, not something that existed decades ago.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2012, 06:13:11 AM »

The way the media have portrayed everything since 1996 is reunion, reunion, reunion. It's not going to stop just because Axl won't be at the Hall Of Fame.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »

Once again I'm reminded why Guns n' Roses is the band that rocks my world. Instead of taking the easy road paved with fast cash, Axl has chosen integrity and supports the band of 2012, not something that existed decades ago.

Exactly what I felt ok

And AFBull, of course I don't take you seriously. In fact, when u use that language and say things like that, people won't take you seriously.....cause it makes you look angry, bitter and dumb Roll Eyes

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: