Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170754 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2012, 06:20:37 AM »

And AFBull, of course I don't take you seriously. In fact, when u use that language and say things like that, people won't take you seriously.....cause it makes you look angry, bitter and dumb Roll Eyes

Yeah. Not everything can be written off as a harmless joke.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2012, 07:44:25 AM »

When you inducted into the baseball hall of fame that's badass.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:57 AM »

local newspaper compares Axl to Sex Pistols, saying they had declined HOF in the past, too

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »

well, I didn't think he would choose the easy way.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:46 AM »

local newspaper compares Axl to Sex Pistols, saying they had declined HOF in the past, too

As much as I disagree with the decision, Axl did it with a lot more class and style than the Sex Pistols.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »

Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern

To: The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern,

When the nominations for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame were first announced I had mixed emotions but, in an effort to be positive, wanting to make the most of things for the fans and with their enthusiasm, I was honored, excited and hoped that somehow this would be a good thing. Of course I realized as things stood, if Guns N' Roses were to be inducted it'd be somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation.

Since then we've listened to fans, talked with members of the board of the Hall Of Fame, communicated with and read various public comments and jabs from former members of Guns N' Roses, had discussions with the president of the Hall Of Fame, read various press (some legit, some contrived) and read other artists' comments weighing in publicly on Guns and the Hall with their thoughts.

Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.

For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine.

That said, I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "Guns N' Roses".

This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed.

The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.

Izzy came out with us a few times back in '06 and I invited him to join us at our LA Forum show last year. Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned. Duff joined us in 2010 and again in '11 along with his band, Loaded, opening in Seattle and Vancouver. For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that's enough.

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Maybe if it were you it'd be different. Maybe you'd do it for this reason or that. Peace, whatever. I love our band now. We're there for each other when the going get's rough. We love our fans and work to give them every ounce of energy and heart we can.

So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep or whatever. Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense.

But hey if ya gotta then maybe we can get the "no show, grandstanding, publicity stunt, disrespectful, he doesn't care about the fans" crap out of the way as quickly as we can and let's move on. No one's taking the ball and going home. Don't get it twisted. For more than a decade and a half we've endured the double standards, the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types. Not to imply anything in this particular circumstance, but from my perspective in regard to both the Hall and a reunion, the ball's never been in our court.

In closing, regardless of this decision and as hard to believe or as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for Guns' induction. More importantly I'd like to thank the fans for being there over the years, making any success we've had possible and for enjoying and supporting Guns N' Roses music.

I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!

Sincerely,

Axl Rose

P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III

Axl, I know it?s a personal decision. But thank you so much anyway ? one of the things that made me love Guns N? Roses so much is the way you handle things. It?s about rock n? roll, it?s about music, it?s about being real n? not selling your soul.
Many bands out there would kill to be at the RNRHOF. You declined. Because you?re not like everybody else out there. That?s why Guns N? Roses gets bigger n? bigger as time flies, n? that?s why more n? more people recognizes Guns N? Roses is much better now than ever ? because it?s real.
When you do something straight from the heart, it may take a while, but people will see. And people are seeing it now !
Thanks for keeping Guns alive ? looking forward for the new gigs! I have seen Guns live with many different line ups n? this one is the best fuckin? shit in the world !!!!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2012, 08:17:51 AM »

So they're still inducting him?

"We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person," a spokesperson for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame told MTV News in a statement on Wednesday.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1682937/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-declines-rock-roll-hall-fame.jhtml

I wouldn't read that much into it.  He clearly doesn't want to be mentioned.

ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME To Go Ahead With AXL ROSE Induction - Apr. 12, 2012

The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame will induct GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose with the rest of the band's classic lineup despite the fact that he has asked to have his name withdrawn as a member of the group he co-founded and still fronts today.

In an open letter released on GN'R's official web site on Wednesday, Rose wrote that after listening to fans and reading "various public comments and jabs from former members" of the band, as well as assorted press coverage, he has decided to "respectfully decline [his] induction as a member of GUNS N' ROSES to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame." He added, "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf."

"We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his induction in person," Lauren Bishop, a spokeswoman for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, said in a statement.

Rose closed his letter saying, "as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for GUNS' induction."

According to the Rock Hall, only the SEX PISTOLS have declined induction before.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172512

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »

So they're still inducting him?

"We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person," a spokesperson for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame told MTV News in a statement on Wednesday.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1682937/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-declines-rock-roll-hall-fame.jhtml

I wouldn't read that much into it.  He clearly doesn't want to be mentioned.

ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME To Go Ahead With AXL ROSE Induction - Apr. 12, 2012

The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame will induct GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose with the rest of the band's classic lineup despite the fact that he has asked to have his name withdrawn as a member of the group he co-founded and still fronts today.

In an open letter released on GN'R's official web site on Wednesday, Rose wrote that after listening to fans and reading "various public comments and jabs from former members" of the band, as well as assorted press coverage, he has decided to "respectfully decline [his] induction as a member of GUNS N' ROSES to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame." He added, "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf."

"We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his induction in person," Lauren Bishop, a spokeswoman for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, said in a statement.

Rose closed his letter saying, "as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for GUNS' induction."

According to the Rock Hall, only the SEX PISTOLS have declined induction before.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172512

Good. I can't fathom how someone who has spent the last 15 years insisting he has the right to the Guns N' Roses name (a claim I happen to agree with) can even think it would be a good idea to refuse to be associated with Guns N' Roses in any way during an induction ceremony. The Hall are making the right move, because Guns N' Roses being inducted without any one of those guys wouldn't really be Guns N' Roses being inducted at all. Just guys from Guns N' Roses.
ARX
Opening Act

« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:31 AM »

Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things...

I agree w this, where the fuck is Buckethead? Seriously... confused

Matt get inducted, but not Bucket Roll Eyes Some seems oblivious to this reaction, Axl doesn't. Thank you!

I took this more as he didnt like Green Day inducting them and Kid Rock preforming for GnR performance. And that he wasnt really included in the selection process. I highly doubt Axl feels Bucket should b included. Say what you want about Matt but he did perform on UYI albums and SI

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear.

Yep! Some rockfans/rockers are too nostalgic and r awaiting to be revolutionised. I even think he is too kind in wordusage declining the proposed induction of GunsN'Roses. It (the induction) should have been done diferently, either AFD line-up only or from all the line-ups. Thanks again to Axl Rose, honesty without compromise! peace

Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »

This is the HOF saying fuck you right back to Axl. I am glad because this was completely uncalled for. He has really made it a bigger issue than it really is, and I think he is really doing a disservice to the new band as they will be hit with some repercussions because of Axls letter.

Now all he needs is Steven accepting the award on his behalf because Axl could not be there. How crazy would that be.  If he would have shown up he would have been in charge accepted the award and gone home. Now it is going to get interesting.

If Axl wants to so distance himself from the former members and the past he should stand up for what he believes as he is doing, but he should not play any songs from Appetite, lies, and the illusion records. Instead stand by the new members and only play CD and any new music he puts out. Let's see how that goes even under the GnR name.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:53 AM »

If Axl wants to so distance himself from the former members and the past he should stand up for what he believes as he is doing, but he should not play any songs from Appetite, lies, and the illusion records. Instead stand by the new members and only play CD and any new music he puts out. Let's see how that goes even under the GnR name.

This is what I said some post ago. So  I totally agree. But you know, you've got to have more balls to accept less attendance at your shows than write a letter.

Beside this, I hope dizzy would be there   yes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »

What a bunch of bullshit.

If Axl doesn't wanna go and smile for the cameras at the RNRHOF so some of you get your photo of the "reunion", he shouldn't play any old songs?

WTF.

How about all the guys who QUIT the band stop playing the GN'R songs? Isn't that fair to ask? They wanted nothing to do with GN'R and left. Why are they playing the songs? Oh wait, that's not a problem!

I still think it's ironic that the so called fans from the old days seem to be the most clueless on how Axl and GN'R conduct themselves.

I guess somewhere along the line, GN'R started doing everything the establishment asked them to do? Axl would allow himself to be ambushed into playing ball so the RNRHOF gets the publicity of the magical reunion?

If you believe all this, you're unfortunately been living under a rock for quite some time, or just live in your own fantasy world.

I guess these same people now expect Izzy to show up and sing. Until they're told "I'm not sure he will show up..."

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2012, 08:53:45 AM »

The only people who were talking about a reunion were the same people who have been talking about a reunion for 15 years, and will still be talking about a reunion in 15 years time. They weren't being forced into anything just because the same people who've always been talking about it are still talking about it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »

The only people who were talking about a reunion were the same people who have been talking about a reunion for 15 years, and will still be talking about a reunion in 15 years time. They weren't being forced into anything just because the same people who've always been talking about it are still talking about it.

here's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty.
Feb, 2009

Fast forward three years: Come! There's this award ceremony. All your old friends are here! Come! Come!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2012, 08:59:15 AM »

Yes

The R&RHOF is not at the level of the Baseball HOF. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #335 on: April 12, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »

but giving the "final no" just 3 days before the actual cerenomy? if his Slash-hatred really is that strong like written in 02/2009 then he could have easily said it on the tv interview 11/2011. there are fans having paid big bucks to see at least him attending! that must be part of his soooo praised integrity here i guess...

Re-Union time, baby!!
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03:47 AM »

What a bunch of bullshit.

If Axl doesn't wanna go and smile for the cameras at the RNRHOF so some of you get your photo of the "reunion", he shouldn't play any old songs?

WTF.

How about all the guys who QUIT the band stop playing the GN'R songs? Isn't that fair to ask? They wanted nothing to do with GN'R and left. Why are they playing the songs? Oh wait, that's not a problem!

I still think it's ironic that the so called fans from the old days seem to be the most clueless on how Axl and GN'R conduct themselves.

I guess somewhere along the line, GN'R started doing everything the establishment asked them to do? Axl would allow himself to be ambushed into playing ball so the RNRHOF gets the publicity of the magical reunion?

If you believe all this, you're unfortunately been living under a rock for quite some time, or just live in your own fantasy world.

I guess these same people now expect Izzy to show up and sing. Until they're told "I'm not sure he will show up..."

/jarmo

Lets get real here.  This is total BS and everyone knows it.  Be a fnk man, and go accept the award.  Yes, 99% of fans wanted you to play a few old songs with the guys responsible for you being who and where you are.  That is a dream and will ALWAYS be a dream of most fans.  But at least go and accept the award for the fans. It really makes him look like a child, esp if the others show up.  The nugnr has nothing to do with this award, and most of them have already said they would like to see the originals together that night for the award.  I still thins he shows up.  America is FINALLLY accepting the new guys and turn out of the shows has been great.  He looks and sounds great.  Why have half the fans hate you again by stirring up all this old BS?  He is 50 years old now, time to act it.  
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »

I wish I could make sense of Axl's statements. On one hand, I think it's great he writes them himself, on the other hand his prose is so abstruse & convoluted that one can never be sure of what he means. What's the issue here? Being in the same room with Slash? That's a good reason for not attending, but it seems to me there's more to it. He may not "begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such" but it sure looks like it. The quotation marks he uses in there, which kinda belies that statement.
"our" induction
"Guns N' Roses"
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »

but giving the "final no" just 3 days before the actual cerenomy? if his Slash-hatred really is that strong like written in 02/2009 then he could have easily said it on the tv interview 11/2011. there are fans having paid big bucks to see at least him attending! that must be part of his soooo praised integrity here i guess...

Another great point.  Its not Axl saying FU to the HOF, its him saying FU to his fans.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2012, 09:16:27 AM »

In his letter, Axl actually stresses out the fact that he politely tried to make this happen in a way that could be satisfactory to him and his camp. One has to wonder what he would have found satisfactory. My guess? Being inducted on his own as Guns n'Roses. Yes, he owns the moniker, but cannot do away with the artistic side.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:18:19 AM by Chuzeville » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: