Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:58:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170753 times)
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2012, 09:22:33 AM »

but giving the "final no" just 3 days before the actual cerenomy? if his Slash-hatred really is that strong like written in 02/2009 then he could have easily said it on the tv interview 11/2011. there are fans having paid big bucks to see at least him attending! that must be part of his soooo praised integrity here i guess...
If people spent the money to go to the ceremony just to see Axl even though he never to my knowledge confirmed he was attending that's their own fault for assuming things that were never actually promised.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »

agree on "Chuzeville" post:
yeah, those "trying to work smth. out-issues" would be nice to know. i mean even Dizzy and Ashba said that there was ZERO TALK about the HOF issue.

@fTw777:
but still....just 3 days before the cerenomy? not getting away with the "late as usual"-excuse here.

Re-Union time, baby!!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »

agree on "Chuzeville" post:
yeah, those "trying to work smth. out-issues" would be nice to know. i mean even Dizzy and Ashba said that there was ZERO TALK about the HOF issue.

Notice that on the list of people they'd been discussing things with at the start of the letter, there's one glaring omission. "Each other".

Communication... pretty much the crux of every problem since '85. (Not any one members' in particular... they've all consistently failed to communicate with each other).
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »

What a bunch of bullshit.

If Axl doesn't wanna go and smile for the cameras at the RNRHOF so some of you get your photo of the "reunion", he shouldn't play any old songs?

WTF.

How about all the guys who QUIT the band stop playing the GN'R songs? Isn't that fair to ask? They wanted nothing to do with GN'R and left. Why are they playing the songs? Oh wait, that's not a problem!

I still think it's ironic that the so called fans from the old days seem to be the most clueless on how Axl and GN'R conduct themselves.

I guess somewhere along the line, GN'R started doing everything the establishment asked them to do? Axl would allow himself to be ambushed into playing ball so the RNRHOF gets the publicity of the magical reunion?

If you believe all this, you're unfortunately been living under a rock for quite some time, or just live in your own fantasy world.

I guess these same people now expect Izzy to show up and sing. Until they're told "I'm not sure he will show up..."

/jarmo

Lets get real here.  This is total BS and everyone knows it.  Be a fnk man, and go accept the award.  Yes, 99% of fans wanted you to play a few old songs with the guys responsible for you being who and where you are.  That is a dream and will ALWAYS be a dream of most fans.  But at least go and accept the award for the fans. It really makes him look like a child, esp if the others show up.  The nugnr has nothing to do with this award, and most of them have already said they would like to see the originals together that night for the award.  I still thins he shows up.  America is FINALLLY accepting the new guys and turn out of the shows has been great.  He looks and sounds great.  Why have half the fans hate you again by stirring up all this old BS?  He is 50 years old now, time to act it.  

you'r right FREDDIE.....

I would have thought Axl would have been the bigger man about it n' just went. I mean...it's a quick celebration of what they accomplished, end of story.  Alot of u people are looking waaaaaay to far into this.  Its ridicules.
It's not as if they fuked n' killed each others wives....get the fuk over it. Do  it for the fans...

n' now that he isnt goin', im very interested to see how this goes down, Steven Adler is goin' to make a joke out of Axl...seriously, if HALL OF FAME didnt mention Axl's name, Steven will.  

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »

but giving the "final no" just 3 days before the actual cerenomy? if his Slash-hatred really is that strong like written in 02/2009 then he could have easily said it on the tv interview 11/2011. there are fans having paid big bucks to see at least him attending! that must be part of his soooo praised integrity here i guess...

Another great point.  Its not Axl saying FU to the HOF, its him saying FU to his fans.

That's just baloney. You should be grateful he made this (well articulated) statement before the happening. He have given us (the fans) some pretty good reasons for not accepting this. And therefore we (still the fans) should understand his reasons. I think he wrote this letter for the fans. Wouldn't it be worse if he gave a shit and didn't say anything?

No, I think he took a decision we should respect. But some of you wouldn't respected any of the scenarios:

Show up, not performing: Whine, whine whine (HE should play for ME, the fan...and why didn't he hug Slash, so I could shed a tear?)
Not showing up, though write a letter: Whine whine whine (He should do this for me, his FAN)
Not showing up, whitout saying: WHine whine whine, even harder (he kinda promised me to be here, cause he said it was a honor to be nominated)
Show up, and play: First: ("wow, they looked like enjoying, now they will reform"), then after a short period: whine, whine, whine! "So, they shared stage, but they made me, The FAN, believe they were back together, I'll never forget!! It's Axl's fault"  rofl rofl rofl

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »

I never expected him to attend and have never cared about the hall of fame regardless of if somebody I like is being inducted so it really didn't matter to me what happened. Regardless of anybody's opinion of the whole situation it is what it is and all the arguing and complaining in the world isn't gonna change anything.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2012, 09:37:43 AM »

Another great point.  Its not Axl saying FU to the HOF, its him saying FU to his fans.

That's just baloney. You should be grateful he made this (well articulated) statement before the happening. He have given us (the fans) some pretty good reasons for not accepting this. And therefore we (still the fans) should understand his reasons. I think he wrote this letter for the fans. Wouldn't it be worse if he gave a shit and didn't say anything?

No, I think he took a decision we should respect. But some of you wouldn't respected any of the scenarios:

Show up, not performing: Whine, whine whine (HE should play for ME, the fan...and why didn't he hug Slash, so I could shed a tear?)
Not showing up, though write a letter: Whine whine whine (He should do this for me, his FAN)
Not showing up, whitout saying: WHine whine whine, even harder (he kinda promised me to be here, cause he said it was a honor to be nominated)
Show up, and play: First: ("wow, they looked like enjoying, now they will reform"), then after a short period: whine, whine, whine! "So, they shared stage, but they made me, The FAN, believe they were back together, I'll never forget!! It's Axl's fault"  rofl rofl rofl

Fair point, but many fans are always going to clamor for a full reunion no matter what happens at the RRHOF induction.  

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2012, 09:38:34 AM »

I understand that many people here agree with Axl's point of view, but one thing this letter absolutely is not, is "well articulated". It's a mess.

He also didn't come across to clear on the Eddie Trunk show, but I myself thought it sounded like he was planning on attending. I never thought he was gonna perform, but I don't think people are crazy for thinking there was a chance he'd be there. Not exactly shocked either way though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:42:36 AM by LongGoneDay » Logged
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »

I understand that many people here agree with Axl's point of view, but one thing this letter absolutely is not, is "well articulated". It's a mess.

Agreed, but at the same time there is something I really like about the way Axl writes.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »

Here's one thing I don't get about all this.  How would Axl (or any of the members for that reason) be selling out by attending this ceremony?  They are not being paid to attend and in fact, may have to shell out money for their friends or families to attend.  You could argue HBO would possibly stand to make more money if the AFD5 lineup played, but again I don't think they would sharing those profits with the band members.  Now it is possible that album sales will increase after the induction - it usually does with most bands.  But again, this is going to happen regardless of what band members show up.  So use another term if you must, but don't call it selling out/not selling out.

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »

Can't say I am overly impressed by this. While i understand his reasons for not wanting to be there, he clearly has animosity against Slash and Steven which is bordering on childish now.

Anyone thinking that the GNR2012 lineup should have performed, needs to understand that the reason these guys are getting an induction is the earlier albums and not Chinese.

Hopefully, the old lineup can have some fun and get some singers to pitch in, NOT Cypress Hill!

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »

Lame.

Just lost a lot of respect for W.A.R.

Real people don't communicate through press releases, and this just sounded like something Lebron James would do before moving to a new team.

Classless.

So, how would he communicate with you? Call you? Private or at work?  hihi

How can he communciate with me, AND the people buying their records and going to their shows? How about in a non-Kim Kardashian 'look at me, waaaa waaaa' kinda way?

I love how some people here pretend that they're glad Axl isn'showing up. If he was showing, these yes-men would be saying 'great move Axl, classy'

FK'N A OASIS 1!!!
thats the absolute truth!!

i dont know why ANY fan here wouldnt want Axl to be there for kicks....if your denying it, your an ass kisser!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »

jabs from former members of Guns N' Roses

Surely he means the one jab by Steven.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »

jabs from former members of Guns N' Roses

Surely he means the one jab by Steven.

Two jabs from Steven, as well as one from Slash ("two other guys are coming"), and Matt using it as an excuse to gain more Twitter followers by promising to "spill the goods" which he obviously didn't have...
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #354 on: April 12, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »

Oh OK. Who were the "two other guys"? I don't get it.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #355 on: April 12, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »

Over and done with thank god...................Good for you AXL.......Let the summer tour begin...................."Now we all know better"

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #356 on: April 12, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »

My deepest respect for this decision, Axl, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba I'm proud of you guy's!! See you all on tour soon  peace

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #357 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »

Oh OK. Who were the "two other guys"? I don't get it.

In a radio interview, Slash said that "It should just be the five of us, but two other guys are coming along". A complete dismissal of both Matt and Dizzy.
I mean, I can understand why he would think it should only be the Appetite 5, but to use such a harsh term in public is incredibly insulting, and I think the beginning of the end for Axl's involvement. You'll notice Axl doesn't discredit anyone.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »

Thing is, he seemed to go along with it at first. If his feeling is, "I ain't dead yet, Guns n'Roses is alive and well, I don't live in the past and this induction makes no sense to me," which I could totally understand, why not just say so, preferably right away?

You'll notice Axl doesn't discredit anyone.

Not really what I get from the letter somehow.

Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make)...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:14:17 AM by Chuzeville » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #359 on: April 12, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

Matt using it as an excuse to gain more Twitter followers by promising to "spill the goods" which he obviously didn't have...

Didn't hear about this. What was that story?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: