Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:37:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170787 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #360 on: April 12, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »

but giving the "final no" just 3 days before the actual cerenomy? if his Slash-hatred really is that strong like written in 02/2009 then he could have easily said it on the tv interview 11/2011. there are fans having paid big bucks to see at least him attending! that must be part of his soooo praised integrity here i guess...

He never said he was going to be there. That's your assumption!

Izzy might not show up either. He didn't give his "final no" yet.

In fact, Izzy hasn't said a word about the whole "honor" since it was made public.

Now tell us, how angry/disappointed does that make you feel? I mean, he owes you that doesn't he? A thank you? An acknowledgement for you making him so rich and so on?

Isn't this what it's all about? How some fans always feel they are owed.

"Without us, you would be nothing. You owe us!".

Which came first, the art(ist) or the fan?

Even when Axl actually THANKS and acknowledges the fans who support him, he gets shit from some of you for not being grateful. Silly.
Who's being ungrateful?

Another great point.  Its not Axl saying FU to the HOF, its him saying FU to his fans.

Only if you can't read and have made up your mind before reading the letter.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:22:41 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2012, 10:21:22 AM »

Im disappointed that Axl declined, but i fully understand his reasoning. Some "divorces" are just beyond repair, and this is one of them

I wasnt looking for a reunion (as awesome as that would be). I was just hoping to see my favorite band get inducted, nothing more. Maybe a handshake between members and thats it. Oh well.

I shoulda been a Motley Crue fan :p
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »

Matt using it as an excuse to gain more Twitter followers by promising to "spill the goods" which he obviously didn't have...

Didn't hear about this. What was that story?

https://twitter.com/#!/mattsorum/status/185606852581670912
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #363 on: April 12, 2012, 10:24:21 AM »

agree on "Chuzeville" post:
yeah, those "trying to work smth. out-issues" would be nice to know. i mean even Dizzy and Ashba said that there was ZERO TALK about the HOF issue.

Notice that on the list of people they'd been discussing things with at the start of the letter, there's one glaring omission. "Each other".

Communication... pretty much the crux of every problem since '85. (Not any one members' in particular... they've all consistently failed to communicate with each other).

nope, with the "each other" when it comes to new camp/old camp. proof here:

Dizzy mid feb 2012:
"I know that all the original band is going to be there," he said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

While Reed seems fairly confident in his prediction, he did say he hadn't actually spoken with Axl Rose about the induction ceremony.

"Honestly, we haven't spoken about it," Reed told Billboard. "I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it -- but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."
------
^^they didnt even seem to have communicated inside the recent line-up until mid feb 2012, even with Dizzy whom himself is inducted.
so Dizzy...staying to your words and go?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2012, 10:25:30 AM »

You're pretty desperate in trying to prove that Axl promised to be there for your enjoyment.

As with most things relating to GN'R, your opinion is clear. You don't like the band.

Including the text below your avatar. Says it all.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:28:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #365 on: April 12, 2012, 10:26:42 AM »

You'll notice Axl doesn't discredit anyone.

Not really what I get from the letter somehow.

Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make)...

You didn't see the shitstorm on here when it was announced that Green Day were delivering the induction speech? It was getting late in the day by the time that announcement was made. Usually bands get to decide their own inductor, but they may have gotten desperate and went over their heads to get anyone who was willing to do it. You don't think that comment may have been referring to that? Or about the people that they're not inducting maybe?
Straight after that he made it clear that he didn't mean what some people have taken it to mean, and that he didn't want to take anything away from the other guys...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:34 AM »

agree on "Chuzeville" post:
yeah, those "trying to work smth. out-issues" would be nice to know. i mean even Dizzy and Ashba said that there was ZERO TALK about the HOF issue.

Notice that on the list of people they'd been discussing things with at the start of the letter, there's one glaring omission. "Each other".

Communication... pretty much the crux of every problem since '85. (Not any one members' in particular... they've all consistently failed to communicate with each other).

nope, with the "each other" when it comes to new camp/old camp. proof here:

Dizzy mid feb 2012:
"I know that all the original band is going to be there," he said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

While Reed seems fairly confident in his prediction, he did say he hadn't actually spoken with Axl Rose about the induction ceremony.

"Honestly, we haven't spoken about it," Reed told Billboard. "I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it -- but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."
------
^^they didnt even seem to have communicated inside the recent line-up until mid feb 2012, even with Dizzy whom himself is inducted.
so Dizzy...staying to your words and go?

Exactly...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »

Matt using it as an excuse to gain more Twitter followers by promising to "spill the goods" which he obviously didn't have...

Following Steven Adler, Matt is the biggest idiot there is

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #368 on: April 12, 2012, 10:31:59 AM »

You don't think that comment may have been referring to that? Or about the people that they're not inducting maybe?

Sure, why not. As always, one can only wish Axl would be more forthright with what he has to say. It's like he spent to much time with lawyers!

I guess I didn't think of Green Day doing the honors as an issue, since we got a tweet from the GnR account that seems pretty favourable.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #369 on: April 12, 2012, 10:32:43 AM »

take a look on the text above the avatar (which is a quote by the way), thats what Dizzy said!

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #370 on: April 12, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »

That's just desperate.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #371 on: April 12, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »

take a look on the text above the avatar (which is a quote by the way), thats what Dizzy said!

What did he say that upsets you?

"Honestly, we haven't spoken about it,"

That makes everything he said invalid. If you use common sense.

I can say "Yes, I'm sure Limules will attend the Pink Panther Convention in Berlin next weekend!".

And then say "I didn't speak to him about it".

Wouldn't it make you think "maybe he doesn't know..."?

Dizzy said something, but he wasn't speaking on behalf of anybody else. He's not Axl's spokesperson.

You should know that. You're supposed to be a GN'R fan.

AXL NEVER PROMISED TO ATTEND.

And get back to me on how Izzy's silence makes you feel..... ok

/jarmo

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #372 on: April 12, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »

Axl promised nobody anything.

And I agree with him. IF GNR were to be inducted AND perform : it should contain every member of the current lineup.

Lets look at the length of time people have been in GNR
Axl - 27 years
Dizzy - 21 years
Tommy - 14 years
Pitman - 12 years
Fortus - 10 years
Bumble - 7 years
Frank - 6 years
DJ - 3 years

And how long have the ex-members been in the band?
Duff - 12 years
Slash - 10 years
Robin - 9 years
Izzy - 5 years
Josh - 5 years
Brain - 5 years
Matt - 5 years
Adler - 5 years
Buckethead - 4 years
Gilby - 3 years

Fairly disrespectful to the current band, and their work, to invite the former members and not them. It's "Damned If You Do / Damned If You Don't". All those whining pussies upset that Axl won't be their bitch and sing the old songs with guys who haven't been in the band for over 20 years? Get over it. It'll never be 1991 again.

Yes, the current lineup is a better band.

Axl may use too many words, and talk like someone who has spent a little too long in therapy sometimes, but this is a decision that commands respect for the courage to stand up to others expectations and the integrity that it brings.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
GW2
Opening Act

« Reply #373 on: April 12, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »

I'm not upset about Axl's decision. But I will say that I think it's pretty awful for anyone to carry around that much resentment. Awful for him, not anyone else. For his sake I hope he can find forgiveness someday. It would be an incredible weight off his shoulders.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #374 on: April 12, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »

Long letter, could have just tweeted "I wont be attending, but thanks to all GNR fans".

Now he just comes across as a bitter old man.  Can see the original members having a good pop at him at the show.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »

resentment? He's showing loyalty to GNR 2012, not GNR 1987.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »

Since when is staying true to your beliefs, having integrity and having the balls to say "no" when the whole world expects a "yes", a bad thing?

Isn't that what GN'R was always about?

I feel bad for those of you who actually got your illusions crushed because you believed in all the "He must show up" bullshit. Maybe you should've thought a bit and paid attention before making that kind of assumptions.

Axl never confirmed his attendance to any of you and his opinion on sharing a stage with the old band is pretty well known. If you have paid any attention in the last few years.
Keep that in mind.

Long letter, could have just tweeted "I wont be attending, but thanks to all GNR fans".

Now he just comes across as a bitter old man.  Can see the original members having a good pop at him at the show.

And you could've said "He sounds bitter, why not explain himself".

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But what do you expect from Slash fans...

/jarmo

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

Since when is staying true to your beliefs, having integrity and having the balls to say "no" when the whole world expects a "yes", a bad thing?

Isn't that what GN'R was always about?

I feel bad for those of you who actually got your illusions crushed because you believed in all the "He must show up" bullshit. Maybe you should've thought a bit and paid attention before making that kind of assumptions.

Axl never confirmed his attendance to any of you and his opinion on sharing a stage with the old band is pretty well known. If you have paid any attention in the last few years.
Keep that in mind.

And you could've said "He sounds bitter, why not explain himself".

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But what do you expect from Slash fans...

/jarmo

I am a Slash fan but even Slash bothers me at times.  No doubt him or Steven will now take a pop at Axl and its just childish IMO.

I think this induction is going to turn into a bit of a train wreck now.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »

On a side note this does show how close knit and loyal the current lineup is. This is the silver lining and more important that GNR has a future than a band that just looks back to their commercial peak.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »

I think this induction is going to turn into a bit of a train wreck now.

It turned into that a long time ago.

All the media speculation, all the former members saying this and that, all the hype, all the false expectations, the secret RNRHOF process etc...

There was no way this could be a "friendly" event.

In my opinion, there was never any kind of friendly "family" vibe about it. It's a music industry thing.

Who are the RNRHOF? The same people who've been telling GN'R fans GN'R is dead.

And suddenly they are on "our side"?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: