Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 171572 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #380 on: April 12, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »

No, no pretence necessary here, I'm delighted he isn't attending.

And I don't know why any GN'R fan would imagine their desire to see the band on stage should be more important than Axl's own wishes in this matter.  Whether or not his decision is in accordance with your own feelings, you should be able to respect his decision and accept that it's his to make, and not yours!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:10:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #381 on: April 12, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »

After having some time to get over the my personal disappointment of not getting to see Axl accept the award, and re-reading his letter, I really feel that Axl has made the right decision for the right reasons in terms of not attending.  

However, obviously you cannot induct GN'R without inducting Axl, so that will occur whether he likes it or not, and quite frankly, it should.  If Guns got inducted without Axl, it would make the entire R&RHOF a sham.  Well, maybe it is a sham, but there are lots of great artists that have been inducted before Guns, that have taken part in various ceremonies, and to have Guns in but not Axl could be construed as disrespectful to those that came before him.  How so?  If by demeaning the award for Guns, you're demeaning it for everyone.  No disrespect to Axl, but let this pass, accept his personal acceptance, and move on..

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #382 on: April 12, 2012, 11:12:19 AM »

i've never said Axl himself promised to attend. it looked like there could be a chance for it though in his tv-interview and from words coming from Dizzy. but pulling the "no-attending-card" only 3 days before the cerenomy? eh...when he is still soooo full of hate and bitterness towards ONE man he hadnt seen or spoken in 15 years, then simply say "no, sorry" right after the induction last year and not talking out of it about last minute. though i can see another strategy here aswell: not giving the others the chance to still set-up smth. cool without him.
i did expect his "waiting how the others react" and internet hunting/copy/paste and thought out written words somehow though, he did similar things before like with Merck's letters end of 2006.

Dizzy said something, but he wasn't speaking on behalf of anybody else. He's not Axl's spokesperson.

You should know that. You're supposed to be a GN'R fan.

actually Dizzy should know that, as far as i know he is in the band not me  Wink

And get back to me on how Izzy's silence makes you feel..... ok

sure thing, unlike all other inducted (ex-)members Izzy doesnt seem to like the spotlight for many many years, he isnt out in the open or into touring and never looked like he would care any bigger media event, so its not that unexpected. a word of him couldnt have hurt the HOF-issue though. as we still dont know for sure yet...in the end we'll finally see on saturday. there could be a good chance that he talked to Axl about it though, do the maths  Wink

the lenght of time people have been in is now up again? count what has been released when they've been in! they easily could add 2 more years without any new release.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:14:02 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #383 on: April 12, 2012, 11:16:04 AM »

What's all the fuss about? Who gives a fuck about the rock n roll hall of fame? It's an over-hyped corporate elitist picnic, with $3000 per person seats. It's actually EXACTLY the type of place you'd expect to find Slash and Matt Sorum, so good luck to them - enjoy your evening!

There's nothing rock n' roll about it. The sex pistols has the right idea, as does Axl.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »

i've never said Axl himself promised to attend. it looked like there could be a chance for it though in his tv-interview and from words coming from Dizzy. but pulling the "no-attending-card" only 3 days before the cerenomy?

Was there some magical deadline I'm not aware of?

eh...when he is still soooo full of hate and bitterness towards ONE man he hadnt seen or spoken in 15 years, then simply say "no, sorry" right after the induction last year and not talking out of it about last minute. though i can see another strategy here aswell: not giving the others the chance to still set-up smth. cool without him.

Sounds like you didn't understand the letter.

actually Dizzy should know that, as far as i know he is in the band not me  Wink

Are you or are you not aware that Axl speaks on his own behalf?

sure thing, unlike all other inducted (ex-)members Izzy doesnt seem to like the spotlight for many many years, he isnt out in the open or into touring and never looked like he would care any bigger media event, so its not that unexpected. a word of him couldnt have hurt the HOF-issue though. as we still dont know for sure yet...in the end we'll finally see on saturday. there could be a good chance that he talked to Axl about it though, do the maths  Wink

Isn't that a double standard?

He doesn't tour, he doesn't give interviews, doesn't update his fans. And that's ok?

Oh wait, you EXPECT him to do nothing so it's ok. But when you EXPECT Axl to attend and he doesn't, it's not ok.

Got it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »

Damn Jarmo, you're owning this kid.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Jardy
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2012, 11:25:53 AM »

Jarmo, are you shagging Axl?
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »

NO, BUT NOW i AM GOING TO SHAG YOU! dawg!

HERE NO KOOKOOLAND PAL, HERE GNRLAND, NOW GET YOUR FUCKIN BANNING AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Explicit lyrics and content DOES NOT MEAN by ANY BAND, be a fuckin dickhead!

Fuckin Barking dogs, go and listen to Eminem yo

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »

oh & btw, there are some dogs around the net who has been running after my Gunner Ass!

STFU you know what C stands in another album dont ya? Why you dont go over there and I explain to you freely all explicit & lyrical content 'bout Chinese Democracy Prostitute VS Estranged BARKING DOG?

BTW, thanks for the civil war video clip, you got any buck out it? LOL!!!

You are not an idiot, you are CRAZY!!

rofl

Freedom through music intergrity??? Who could possibly have intergrity with music?  Kiss
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:54:24 PM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

Do you think about that often?

I didn't know so many manly GN'R fans were thinking about two straight men having sex....

What does that say about you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »

Axl promised nobody anything.

And I agree with him. IF GNR were to be inducted AND perform : it should contain every member of the current lineup.

Lets look at the length of time people have been in GNR
Axl - 27 years
Dizzy - 21 years
Tommy - 14 years
Pitman - 12 years
Fortus - 10 years
Bumble - 7 years
Frank - 6 years
DJ - 3 years

And how long have the ex-members been in the band?
Duff - 12 years
Slash - 10 years
Robin - 9 years
Izzy - 5 years
Josh - 5 years
Brain - 5 years
Matt - 5 years
Adler - 5 years
Buckethead - 4 years
Gilby - 3 years

Fairly disrespectful to the current band, and their work, to invite the former members and not them. It's "Damned If You Do / Damned If You Don't". All those whining pussies upset that Axl won't be their bitch and sing the old songs with guys who haven't been in the band for over 20 years? Get over it. It'll never be 1991 again.

Yes, the current lineup is a better band.

Axl may use too many words, and talk like someone who has spent a little too long in therapy sometimes, but this is a decision that commands respect for the courage to stand up to others expectations and the integrity that it brings.

I dont think how many years you have been in the band should play a roll. In all seriousness do you think anyone in the current band would even accept the honor? I wouldnt think so from the few comments some members have made. I think they know that it isnt their contribution that got them inducted. I personally think the new guitarist in Chili Peppers cheapins the whole hall of fame anyway. He has no business being inducted & if he had any integrity would be the one writing the letter asking not to be recognized.

Anyways I could care less that Axl doesnt want to be apart of this. I love the guys in the band currently & really only wanted to see the "reunion" so I could finally see Izzy live.
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:11 AM »

And I don't know why any GN'R fan would imagine their desire to see the band on stage should be more important than Axl's own wishes in this matter. 

Sorry - I don't know Axl. Don't know Slash. Don't know Buckethead. Don't know Bumblefoot. Don't know DJ Ashba, etc etc etc.  They may be good people, bad people... who knows and frankly, I don't care.  Just like I don't know Michael Jordan or Mike Tyson or Floyd Mayweather or Jon Bones Jones.  As a consumer of entertainment, I like to watch them perform.  I enjoy their work.   Absolutely my desires to see Axl at the RRHOF is more important than Axl's wishes, to me.  And that's how the majority of ppl feel if you read Yahoo comments, read Rolling Stone comments, etc.  There is obviously a group of fans on here that will always defend Axl's actions to the death, no matter what he says or does.  I never understood this, with him or any entertainer.  We don't know these ppl.  We love and appreciate their work and creativity.  If Axl was a lousy singer/songwriter, this board wouldn't exist and no one would know him.  We know these guys for their talents and the music they've created.  So yes, it is absolutely more important to me, as someone who wants to hear Axl sing/ perform  that he attends the RRHOF.  Call it selfish.  It's reality.  
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #392 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »

My two cents:

Nobody should be forced into enjoying something he/she isn't into.
You don't feel the way it should be done is the right way? Then don't go.
You think it would send wrong signals to some of the public? Then don't go.
You want to give people the chance to understand the motivation behind the decision not to go? Write a letter.

That's what Axl did.

Would I have enjoyed him on stage? Hell, yeah.
Would it have been cool to see the guys together on stage? Of course.
But that would fuel the fire as far as reunion wishes are concerned, and the band we have is tight as hell and a great lineup!
Time moved on. It's like a relationship when someone decides to better split and pursue different goals.
Axl keeps his baby rocking with new fellas and it's cool. It's still GnR!!!
I do understand those who think the AFD-lineup is the best, to me AFD is the best GNR record, but I can listen to GnR without comparing the different eras and different styles. Enjoy the music for what it is: plain and simple - great fucking music!!!

Nobody owes us shit.

BTW: looking forward to enjoying the M?nchengladbach show!!!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #393 on: April 12, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »

What. The. Fuck. Is happening? Undecided (I am referring of course to 3strang3d's posts)
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #394 on: April 12, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

Do you think about that often? I didn't know so many manly GN'R fans were thinking about two straight men having sex....

/jarmo

Mmmm yummy troll soup in diss GnR board! Aw which are the CHILDREN who got lost in da GARDEN OF EDEN?
Yep, keep chasing that white ball on the video clip , fixxer, no problemo boy! Its a critical solution this rap gansta game yo, and the East Coast got the Blues, its a mass of HORSEFUCKINCRAP confusion and the lies they sold to ya!   Axl pls dont sue me for plagiarism!

rofl  rofl  rofl 

Rez,

nothing is happening. Is just Star Trek VS Star Wars from another board. Dont want to upset you or anything. Is just daily troll soup on the net, cmon.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #395 on: April 12, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »

When I attended the Seattle show this past December, Axl brought the subject up.  As he thanked all of us fans for our part in this, I was well aware at this point he would not be attending, and I honestly did not expect him to attend in the first place.  I have grown up with Guns in my life starting with the obvious "original lineup" and have grown to love and respect the current lineup.  I appreciate everything Axl has done for himself and for us the fans in order to keep his dream alive and keep us fans hearing his most beautiful music.  I completely understand his decision and support it fully, I also appreciate his choice to decline this invitation to the R&RHOF, stay true to yourself, your current members and your fans, you owe no one else a thing Axl.  I LOVE YOU MR AXL ROSE!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #396 on: April 12, 2012, 11:43:26 AM »

My two cents:

Nobody should be forced into enjoying something he/she isn't into.
You don't feel the way it should be done is the right way? Then don't go.
You think it would send wrong signals to some of the public? Then don't go.
You want to give people the chance to understand the motivation behind the decision not to go? Write a letter.

That's what Axl did.

Would I have enjoyed him on stage? Hell, yeah.
Would it have been cool to see the guys together on stage? Of course.
But that would fuel the fire as far as reunion wishes are concerned, and the band we have is tight as hell and a great lineup!
Time moved on. It's like a relationship when someone decides to better split and pursue different goals.
Axl keeps his baby rocking with new fellas and it's cool. It's still GnR!!!
I do understand those who think the AFD-lineup is the best, to me AFD is the best GNR record, but I can listen to GnR without comparing the different eras and different styles. Enjoy the music for what it is: plain and simple - great fucking music!!!

Nobody owes us shit.

BTW: looking forward to enjoying the M?nchengladbach show!!!

This is a good, fair post.  I see where you're coming from.  I def prefer AFD and also can listen to GnR without comparing eras.  Enjoy the music, as you say.  That said, I just don't see how showing up to accept an award would affect the new lineup except in Axl's mind and to the folks on here who somehow think it would destroy the new lineup or take away from what they've done.  There will always be ppl who want to see the original lineup - same with Pink Floyd, Van Halen, and tons of other bands.  So what.  Saying thanks to the fans, accepting an honor for one of the greatest albums ever recorded, is that really going to take away from the current lineup?  The other original members have their own projects.  Will going here detract from Slash's solo stuff or the neverending quest for a VR singer or Duff's Loaded?  No.  
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #397 on: April 12, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »

there's been some ace posts in this thread. destry rides and christos maybe the best ones. don't have the energy to read the whole thread Sad

there's also a buncha retards, but they probably can't help it.
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2012, 11:45:46 AM »

Do you think about that often? I didn't know so many manly GN'R fans were thinking about two straight men having sex....

/jarmo

Mmmm yummy troll soup in diss GnR board! Aw which are the CHILDREN who got lost in da GARDEN OF EDEN?
Yep, keep chasing that white ball on the video clip , fixxer, no problemo boy! Its a critical solution this rap gansta game yo, and the East Coast got the Blues, its a mass of HORSEFUCKINCRAP confusion and the lies they sold to ya!   Axl pls dont sue me for plagiarism!

rofl  rofl  rofl 

Rez,

nothing is happening. Is just Star Trek VS Star Wars from another board. Dont want to upset you or anything. Is just daily troll soup on the net, cmon.

Is this even English?  Someone smoked a fattie this AM, huh?
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »

What. The. Fuck. Is happening? Undecided (I am referring of course to 3strang3d's posts)

A Little Orphan Annies Decoder Pin helps!

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: