Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170806 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »

eh, Jarmo turned on his twisting mode again.

anyway, to people still actually goin to the cerenomy i hope you'll get smth. cool out of it for ya  beer

Re-Union time, baby!!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »

3Strang3D your words are weak at best!!  Do yourself a favor and push your own "eject" button Shocked Shocked Shocked!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #402 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »

This is a good, fair post.  I see where you're coming from.  I def prefer AFD and also can listen to GnR without comparing eras.  Enjoy the music, as you say.  That said, I just don't see how showing up to accept an award would affect the new lineup except in Axl's mind and to the folks on here who somehow think it would destroy the new lineup or take away from what they've done.  There will always be ppl who want to see the original lineup - same with Pink Floyd, Van Halen, and tons of other bands.  So what.  Saying thanks to the fans, accepting an honor for one of the greatest albums ever recorded, is that really going to take away from the current lineup?  The other original members have their own projects.  Will going here detract from Slash's solo stuff or the neverending quest for a VR singer or Duff's Loaded?  No.  

I still think that the GnR name is bigger than any other ex-members project. At least to me.
Maybe I'm wrong as far as VR or Loaded fans are concerned. Can't talk on their behalf.

I think or better said, assume, that Axl may have taken it into consideration to go up there and accept the award.
But I think that someone like Steven would have used that chance for sure of talking directly about a reunion and that they were the best and bla bla bla.
Axl always lived his life and got bashed for it a couple of times. Even to me it was sometimes weird and not understandable.
Others say that about my behavior too :p
Do what you like and whenever you like it.

The point that I think is the most important one about lineups and stuff is the chemistry on stage.
From my point of view it's the best we ever had right now.
It would for sure jeopardize some of it if Steven or anyone else came up with reunion wishes right at a ceremony where an old but very successful lineup is honored while the GnR band is still touring and doing it well.
And since the camp ain't so much of press-focused the media gathers attention by pulling stories out of their asses just to get more clicks or sales numbers no matter how true they might be.

Stay out of the spotlights is by far the best Axl can do.
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #403 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:54 AM »

That's called Rock N' Roll and that's what GN'R was about before being successful. ROCK N' FUCKIN' ROLL and Axl has never stopped being the true Rock N' Roll legend.
And he doesn't need any fuckin award that some money hungry (for a reunion too?) music execs decided he should take.

Axl is Rock N' Roll and a lot more Rock N' Roll than the Hall of Fame.

Didn't Black Sabbath also reject their induction? (asking)

Since when is staying true to your beliefs, having integrity and having the balls to say "no" when the whole world expects a "yes", a bad thing?

/jarmo

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #404 on: April 12, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »

It's amusing when some assume that just because you understand and support Axl's decision, you automatically hate the old band.

I've been a fan for a few weeks by now, and to me this whole situation never seemed anything but awkward.

I pointed that out earlier somewhere int this thread....

I never assumed Axl would show up. It just didn't seem like the kind of event he would attend. That's my opinion.

If it doesn't feel like it's for you. Why do it?

To please others? To make others happy for a day? Well, you could. But if you think the price is too high? Who are you to say what somebody else should do for you?

Is your personal happiness that dependent on two men talking and hugging in front of the cameras?

there's also a buncha retards, but they probably can't help it.

Don't be so tough on yourself, you didn't pick to be a Swede! Cheer up! Wink

eh, Jarmo turned on his twisting mode again.

I just don't get it.

If you ignore doing interviews and touring for years and then don't say a word about some award that obviously means a lot to many fans, it's ok.
If you take a break from doing interviews, it's not ok. If you give interviews and also explain your decision, it's not ok because your answer wasn't what people thought you would say.

You make no sense to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »

For the record, I'm pissed by Izzy's complete silence on the matter. At least Axl has acknowledged it.
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02:59 PM »

Izzy doesn't have to say shit! He's te other Rock N' Roller

Velvet Revolver is being inducted but Dave Kushner said he couldn't be there, so they asked Steven Adler to come along! beer
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »

For the record, I'm pissed by Izzy's complete silence on the matter. At least Axl has acknowledged it.

Puts things in perspective.

Personally I don't really care.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »

surely it must be tough to live in a country that you "bash" whenever you get the oppurtunity. you are free to leave Sweden whenever you want  Wink
Annie
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »

Swedish people are some of the most beautiful people on the planet!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #410 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »

Wow  rofl just ... Wow   That's funny as hell. Axl, Damn man you are one of a kind truely but I'm confused. I read the letter but, what it breaks down to, is he mad at the fact that they, the RNRHOF, choose who gets inducted into the hall as GNR?

If so who all would he induct with himself?

The appetite lineup? Or being the fact he and slash still have a thing, would he snub him all together and traci guns be in instead of slash as the original guitarist?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #411 on: April 12, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »

What would make the letter even more awesome would be some kind of statement that new music would be released in the near future.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: April 12, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »

What would make the letter even more awesome would be some kind of statement that new music would be released in the near future.

Now who is dreaming?!?! hihi

CD will be out when it's out. ....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #413 on: April 12, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

surely it must be tough to live in a country that you "bash" whenever you get the oppurtunity. you are free to leave Sweden whenever you want  Wink

I see it as an experiment. Wink

Wow  rofl just ... Wow   That's funny as hell. Axl, Damn man you are one of a kind truely but I'm confused. I read the letter but, what it breaks down to, is he mad at the fact that they, the RNRHOF, choose who gets inducted into the hall as GNR?

The appetite lineup? Or being the fact he and slash still have a thing, would he snub him all together and traci guns be in instead of slash as the original guitarist?

This has been explained multiple times.

Look at the situation, and you'll see that it makes very little sense. The selection.

Some bands get their current members inducted. For some reason, the RNRHOF totally disregarded that GN'R didn't end in 1991.

Nobody is really saying they shouldn't induct this guy and induct that guy, because it's a difficult call to make. But it sure is weird....

/jarmo

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #414 on: April 12, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »

Now who is dreaming?!?! hihi

haha yeah. it went through my mind while reading the letter last night.

I am however not dissappointed nor did i expect such a thing.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #415 on: April 12, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »

I agree with Axl's decision completely.  To me, it's very similar to the issues he was having with Azoff --- the industry dictating to him who and what Guns n' Roses is and who/what defines their legacy.  Good for him for standing up to that, once again.  They'll be more times I'm sure.

I'm reminded of some lyrics from another great band, whose exclusion from the RNRHOF is the best evidence that the institution is not all it's made out to be.

One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #416 on: April 12, 2012, 12:34:23 PM »

This has been explained multiple times.

Look at the situation, and you'll see that it makes very little sense. The selection.

Some bands get their current members inducted. For some reason, the RNRHOF totally disregarded that GN'R didn't end in 1991.

Nobody is really saying they shouldn't induct this guy and induct that guy, because it's a difficult call to make. But it sure is weird....

/jarmo
[/quote]

Well would you really expect them to induct every and all 20- some members that have ever been?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #417 on: April 12, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »

Well would you really expect them to induct every and all 20- some members that have ever been?

Did I say that?

/jarmo

spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #418 on: April 12, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »

perhaps they should enlist the album instead of the group. Specially in this case, where the band name is only left to a hollow name. And, no matter what, as i read it, RNRHOF and this weirdish letter of Axl (no offence) it is about the album AFD and all the persons who made it. All those people have changed, things have happened. I try to stay out of it as much as possible, because when i dig in to much, get to much information, i tend to start disliking the music, it distracts me.

So let it be about the great music, one of the best selling albums ever, and enjoy it for the time to come, no matter who is doing what or calling it whatever.

Rock N' Roll is music first, and Attitude later!@!
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #419 on: April 12, 2012, 12:44:41 PM »

Exactly.  If you put aside your feelings toward the old, the new, Slash, and the HOF - they did invite the most logical people.  It's like having a wedding a saying if I invite him, then I have to invite him, etc, etc.  They drew the line and invited the members who created the music that the band is most known for.  Until the new lineup records even 1 album, how could they even be realistically considered?  Buckethead and Tobias and Brain - those guys fall into Gary Cherone category.  They were with a HOF band briefly but no one would really consider them integral parts of the band's history or key factors in why the band is HOF-worthy.  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: