Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:17:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170829 times)
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #520 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »

to colin minus 1 whichever your nickname was!

I was sent a sponsorsheep by Arm & Hammer from Dirty Dozen band, it is a true story that horsey has personally told me and you can listen to it here:  Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDzhPM8nJk

I really dont know where that ball will fall  rofl

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:12:27 PM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #521 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:28 PM »

Well Axl is the man who lives in reality,and some of you guys still live in pasz.Band who is nominated in RHOF died in 1993.I like old band,but this band dief,but lot of people live in past.Now,we have new band,new great guys with Axl on the top.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #522 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »

Aaand thanks Rockn'Roll hall of fame for putting rockmusic back 20 years. wave *sarcasm*

For those who say ? it?s just for the fans. I disagree.   Diehard fans, who have been following the band from day one, have Axl?s best interest at heart.  If they didn?t, they wouldn?t be buying his records, attending his concerts, buying band merch, and posting on forums for years.  And yes, many wanted to share this incredible milestone with Axl by watching him accept this well-deserved award.  Sing or not sing ? that?s his choice. But at least show up on stage to accept the award in front of his peers and fans.

GNR was Axl's baby ? so why wouldn?t he want to be there to accept this highly-coveted award for his talent and influence?  It makes no sense - and may be a decision he lives to regret later.

Peace.

Where is Buckethead? Huh

Are you aware of what certain songs and musicians represents in the rockhistory?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:14:01 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #523 on: April 12, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »

Axl may use too many words, and talk like someone who has spent a little too long in therapy sometimes, but this is a decision that commands respect for the courage to stand up to others expectations and the integrity that it brings.

Without the current band there would be no GNR. No tour. No records. Nothing. The current lineup have kept the GNR vision and flame burning. Axl has shown integrity and strength by refusing to do what is expected of him, and by standing by his band which is loyal and strong. They may not have been there at the start - show me one band that has had the same lineup in 30 years apart from U2 - but this band is here now and keeping the GNR name and legacy alive and doing a damn good job of it. To only induct the 1987-93 lineup would be an insult to those who have kept GNR alive since then.

In my opinion the band could have ended in 1993 & they still would have been inducted into the R&RHOF. Yes, they are keeping the legacy alive for new fans to enjoy the wonderful music that was created 20+ years ago. That is my point. the correct members are being inducted. To be truthfully honest I feel Matt Sorum & Dizzy are more important to Guns than Adler. If Guns would have flamed out after Appetite their would be no hall of fame. It is the genius of the illusions that pushed guns into the stratusphere.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Kenny Jones (replaced Keith Moon in the Who) was inducted into the hall of fame. He recorded 2 albums and toured with them for 10 years & was considered a full member. In my opinion he should not be in becasue when people think of the Who they sure as hell do not think about the album "It's Hard" or the song "You better You bet". However unfortunate that is that is how the general public feels about Guns N' Roses.

Fun Fact: At the Detroit show in February, I was talking to some guy & his wife. He was telling me how excited he was to see Slash. I was like, Huh!? I told him that Slash hasnt been in the band for 16 years. Sadly there are alot of "fans" like him out there.

I think in Axl's eyes, a GNR induction would, to be valid, have to include the current lineup. And I agree completely. Fine, if you think the old lineup are the "correct" members. But to say that, and to not include the current lineup, is to make clear that the contribution made by Tommy, Chris, Brain, Frank, Bucket, Robin, Richard, Ron,  and DJ is meaningless and worthless in your eyes.

And that is NOT the case. Nor is is the case in Axl's eyes. The new lineup of the band is worthy of the name and of recognition. His decision shows a loyalty to Guns N Roses, both then and now, that is lacking in many of the comments here.

Axl can't win. Either he reforms the old lineup, at which point he's a tired old hag, cashing in on nostalgia, or he doesn't, at which point he's dissing the old band and taking the money and using the old band's name for personal gain. It doesn't matter what the reality of this situation is. You spin to make Axl look bad because he doesn't do what YOU want. Why can't he do what HE wants? It's his life, his choices, his destiny to fulfill. And, I trust his judgement. He's made excellent choices creatively over the years.

This is not an easy stance to take, but it clearly demonstrates an integrity that is sorely lacking in the rock world.

And if you buy a ticket to GNR, and haven't bothered to find out that Slash left the group last millennia, you deserve the disappointment you get because you are wilfully ignorant of the world around you.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #524 on: April 12, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »

I'm saying he is refusing to acknowledge the period in time in which he made a name for himself.

So because he refuses to attend this event, that automatically means he refuses to acknowledge the era?

Would you say bands who don't get inducted, and therefore can't attend, are also refusing to acknowledge their past?  Tongue

What makes this event the only way to determine said issue?

The period of 1985 - 1993 made Axl what he is today. Post '93 he went into hiatus.... his reappearance since the early millennium hasn't really reached the heights that he did back then.

And maybe he doesn't agree so he doesn't feel like showing up....

Also, you chose to ignore the other bands who have been inducted. So it's no use of explaining to you how other bands got members inducted who weren't there when the rest of the band "was made what they are today"....

The minute anybody questions something about Axl or his band, you feel the need to jump in and criticize it. Somewhat disrespectful in my opinion.

Too bad for you. I happen to disagree with your assumptions.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »

Jarmo - these last couple of months have been like opening the floodgates you closed long ago.  Hope things settle back down after this weekend, do a little post HOF analysis, and then close those gates again so we can focus on the new.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
wadey
Legend

« Reply #526 on: April 12, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »

How can I put it more simple.... No I don't give a shit about other bands.

Of course you don't. It would require some thinking. It's easy to disregard everything and just go on with the same shit.

No not that at all... just not interested.... if they were to have inducted all of current the current band, I'd give the same opinion on other bands too.

According to your original post "he refuses to recognise the era that made him what he is today."

Are you saying he's done nothing since? Is the same true for you too? Whatever you did 25 years ago, if you were born then, is what made you what you are today. Nothing else matters?

No I'm not saying he hasn't done anything since, because we all know that he has. I'm saying he is refusing to acknowledge the period in time in which he made a name for himself. And yes I was born 25 years ago.

But according to you, all Axl is, was thanks to what happened between 1987 and 1991.

Somewhat disrespectful in my opinion.

The period of 1985 - 1993 made Axl what he is today. Post '93 he went into hiatus.... his reappearance since the early millennium hasn't really reached the heights that he did back then.

The minute anybody questions something about Axl or his band, you feel the need to jump in and criticize it. Somewhat disrespectful in my opinion.

Guns N' Roses are been inducted for the period 87' -91'.....so why should Axl only get recognition for 4yrs and not 25+

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #527 on: April 12, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »

Guns N' Roses are been inducted for the period 87' -91'.....so why should Axl only get recognition for 4yrs and not 25+

And why are they? Because the RNRHOF has the right to decide?

Yes, it's their award, but it's not their band to decide upon.

If the band had ended, it's one thing. You celebrate something that was. Fine.

The band is still active, but you don't acknowledge it.

But in other cases, they have acknowledged past and present.

That doesn't seem odd to you?

Yes yes, we all know AFD was an important album. No need to repeat it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #528 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:12 PM »

More I think about this letter. The happier I am cause after this, he will have to release some new music. I can't see anyway around it. basically denouncing the old lineup, championing the current lineup..

What old line-up!? And who denounce who? But yeah, hungry for more music here too peace
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:29:11 PM by norway » Logged

CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »

I think this induction is going to turn into a bit of a train wreck now.
[/

Who are the RNRHOF? The same people who've been telling GN'R fans GN'R is dead.

/jarmo

Wow...alrighty 'sir'. Show me where anyone from the RNRHOF made a statement to GNR fans saying that GNR is dead.

And I'm not talking about the picking apart of opinions and questions, and general sidestepping that you're quite accustomed to doing.
 I challenge you, the MIGHTY JARMO, to answer to this straight on without pulling the "I'm the admin, that's who the fuck I am" schtick.

Pssh, who am I kidding...this post will be removed before I even have a chance to blink.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #530 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

Hypothetical Question to all those who love Axl's letter and decision not to appear and who were anti-reunion:

What if Axl had instead written that he was showing up and would play 2 songs with the original members?

My guess is that every one of you would be praising his decision, saying how classy it was, and saying how excited you were to see the performance.  It's all hindsight now anyway.  Just asking the question.

You seem new here, but I believe I posted when the nominations were announced that I wouldn't WANT him there and in fact hoped he would not go. Luckily for me, Axl did exactly as I hoped many months ago. Smiley

Axl is God.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #531 on: April 12, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »

And why are they? Because the RNRHOF has the right to decide?

Yes, it's their award, but it's not their band to decide upon.

If the band had ended, it's one thing. You celebrate something that was. Fine.

The band is still active, but you don't acknowledge it.

But in other cases, they have acknowledged past and present.

That doesn't seem odd to you?

Yes yes, we all know AFD was an important album. No need to repeat it.

/jarmo

so true...its their award but not their band, but yes the band is still very active  ok

and yes it seems very odd and rather an insult that they dont recognise the present

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #532 on: April 12, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »

I'm saying he is refusing to acknowledge the period in time in which he made a name for himself.

Would you say bands who don't get inducted, and therefore can't attend, are also refusing to acknowledge their past?  Tongue

Clearly if bands don't get inducted they can't attend and honor those periods. I'm not saying they can't do it in other ways. I'm not saying Axl doesn't necessarily recognise his era in other ways either (because he still sings the songs...). I'm saying that Axl has made a choice to snub the honor, therefore publicly casting a shdow over that period.

Too bad for you. I happen to disagree with your assumptions.

As do I with yours. Kiss

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #533 on: April 12, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »

I don't understand why people are so shocked he isn't showing up. When I first heard GNR was going into HOF I thought it'd be Duff and Slash accepting the award. I never dreamed in a million years Axl would be there. How could anyone who has a clue about Axl expect he'd show up and play with all these guys? If it happened - GREAT - WOW - But my hopes where not up at all. I am proud of them and very pleased to see them being inducted(Slash,Duff,Izzy,Steven, Axl). Axl should not have written that silly letter and let everyone get to him like this. To say he owes it to the fans or the old band or whatever isn't very fair to him or anyone. I wouldn't want to be treated that way. He is giving plenty to the fans playing kick ass shows all over the world - and delivering a truly great concert worth the $. Nobody picks on Floyd or Zeppelin like this. But he wrote the long letter, and to those casual fans who buy concert tix and maybe even Chinese Democracy this is a turn off, because they only get the headlines and snips. It hurts the brand and it can hurt our fan experience too. Industry dickheads will close doors just to be dick's. They always pick on Axl. I'm proud of the "New" GNR and they are better than most give credit for and I want them to achieve the most. I also want a demand for another record. I want Axl to have revenge on America  Grin

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »

I think the most appropiate decision was indeed to decline the induction on the proposed premises.

Mark my words;

- while Axl Rose is very influencal and inspirational anf without taking anything away from Slash, there will be a big wave of musicians/rockbands coming soon that grew up to watching buckethead on youtube...and the artist represent a shift in dogmatic rocktrends which Axl Rose/GunsN'Roses has been fortunate to both spark and become a part of.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »

Wow...alrighty 'sir'.

Ok, "Miss".

Show me where anyone from the RNRHOF made a statement to GNR fans saying that GNR is dead.

When their nomination leads to a lot of talk about a reunion, when they pick who gets inducted and who doesn't, and the only people inducted were in the band 1985-1991, they are in a way disregarding everything that happened since.

It's like nothing has existed since or what happened since is not important.

GN'R is still existing, but they chose to not acknowledge it. If in your mind, the only GN'R that matters to you existed in the past, then it's no wonder why you're upset and don't understand why Axl isn't showing up.

As I have pointed out SEVERAL times, the RHCP current guitar player got inducted. He was not part of the band when they started, he was not part of the line up that recorded their most well known albums.

Yet, the RNRHOF thought he should be inducted while in GN'R's case they chose to focus on a part of GN'R history,

So there it is for all you to ignore and keep going on about how important AFD was.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:33:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »

Axl is implying, you either properly respect my 25 years in music or you don't. If you want  to just respect a single moment in my career, then that is fine, go ahead but I do not not want to show favour over anyone who has worked with me over this time.

It does sound reasonable from his perspective. And to be fair, the AFD line-up were not even the original line-up anyway.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

I've said this in more than a few public places today but:

With "fans" like a lot of the people claiming to be of Axl Rose and GN'R who needs enemies!?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #538 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »

Axl is implying, you either properly respect my 25 years in music or you don't. If you want  to just respect a single moment in my career, then that is fine, go ahead but I do not not want to show favour over anyone who has worked with me over this time.

We've been trying to get that through for a while now but it doesn't seem to register.

"AFD was the most important album".

/jarmo

wadey
Legend

« Reply #539 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »

Clearly if bands don't get inducted they can't attend and honor those periods. I'm not saying they can't do it in other ways. I'm not saying Axl doesn't necessarily recognise his era in other ways either (because he still sings the songs...). I'm saying that Axl has made a choice to snub the honor, therefore publicly casting a shdow over that period.

Axl made a choice but why has he publicly cast a shadow over that period
Axl's done nothing wrong, he's simply making a stand for what he believes.....probably for reasons beyond his control

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: