Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170755 times)
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »

For the record, I'm pissed by Izzy's complete silence on the matter. At least Axl has acknowledged it.

Slash said last week that Izzy wasn't going. Either Slash or Duff had talked to Izzy and that's what he told them.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #541 on: April 12, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »

Wow...alrighty 'sir'.

Ok, "Miss".

Show me where anyone from the RNRHOF made a statement to GNR fans saying that GNR is dead.

When their nomination leads to a lot of talk about a reunion, when they pick who gets inducted and who doesn't, and the only people inducted were in the band 1985-1991, they are in a way disregarding everything that happened since.

It's like nothing has existed since or what happened since is not important.

GN'R is still existing, but they chose to not acknowledge it. If in your mind, the only GN'R that matters to you existed in the past, then it's no wonder why you're upset and don't understand why Axl isn't showing up.

As I have pointed out SEVERAL times, the RHCP current guitar player got inducted. He was not part of the band when they started, he was not part of the line up that recorded their most well known albums.

Yet, the RNRHOF thought he should be inducted while in GN'R's case they chose to focus on a part of GN'R history,

So there it is for all you to ignore and keep going on about how important AFD was.

/jarmo

Jarmo - both Slovak (original) and John Frusciante who joined in like '87 or '88 (he recorded Blood Sugar, Mother's Milk, California and others) are being inducted. I'm not sure if Dave Navarro or The newest guy are included as they aren't mentioned on anything I've seen. I have no idea if John Frusciante will be there. Slovak is dead.

If the question is should they induct all members of GNR - like don't forget Robin and Buckethead - I think that is a bit over the top. On the same token I can see where this might seem like a dis to Axl. I wonder if this is the reason... I have always told my friends that if Axl plays HOF it will be with current band and some guest spots from Slash and Duff or something if at all.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #542 on: April 12, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »

Clearly if bands don't get inducted they can't attend and honor those periods. I'm not saying they can't do it in other ways.

Of course not. But if that's the way to measure how much value you put on your past, then poor bands!

I'm not saying Axl doesn't necessarily recognise his era in other ways either (because he still sings the songs...). I'm saying that Axl has made a choice to snub the honor, therefore publicly casting a shdow over that period.

So you're changing what you said.  ok

How is he casting a shadow over that period by not taking part in some award ceremony?

Only in your mind.
Once again.This event isn't the only way to measure how much value somebody puts on art or a specific era.

The minute anybody questions something about Axl or his band, you feel the need to jump in and criticize it. Somewhat disrespectful in my opinion.

Too bad for you. I happen to disagree with your assumptions.

As do I with yours. Kiss

So you're being disrespectful in your own opinion. Ok.... Good to know I guess.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #543 on: April 12, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »

I'm not sure if Dave Navarro or The newest guy are included as they aren't mentioned on anything I've seen. I have no idea if John Frusciante will be there. Slovak is dead.

Slovak, Fruciante and Josh are in, Navarro isn't.  Once again showing there is no rhyme or reason to what the Hall does.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #544 on: April 12, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »

I'm not sure if Dave Navarro or The newest guy are included as they aren't mentioned on anything I've seen. I have no idea if John Frusciante will be there. Slovak is dead.

Slovak, Fruciante and Josh are in, Navarro isn't.  Once again showing there is no rhyme or reason to what the Hall does.

Exactly.

None of the upset fans can seem to understand this.

But AFD was the most important album God damn it!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #545 on: April 12, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »

Exactly.  How do you induct Klinghoffer but not Dio with Sabbath?  And if you induct Klinghoffer, I think there leaves some room to argue that Tommy Stinson could be in.  Both played on one album that was not terribly commercially successful, both have toured extensively with their bands.  Josh plays with two original band members, Tommy plays with one original member and one long time member.

Ali
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #546 on: April 12, 2012, 05:47:24 PM »

No, I just don't agree with most of the shit that you chat.

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #547 on: April 12, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »

Wow...alrighty 'sir'.

Ok, "Miss".

Show me where anyone from the RNRHOF made a statement to GNR fans saying that GNR is dead.

When their nomination leads to a lot of talk about a reunion, when they pick who gets inducted and who doesn't, and the only people inducted were in the band 1985-1991, they are in a way disregarding everything that happened since.

It's like nothing has existed since or what happened since is not important.

GN'R is still existing, but they chose to not acknowledge it. If in your mind, the only GN'R that matters to you existed in the past, then it's no wonder why you're upset and don't understand why Axl isn't showing up.

As I have pointed out SEVERAL times, the RHCP current guitar player got inducted. He was not part of the band when they started, he was not part of the line up that recorded their most well known albums.

Yet, the RNRHOF thought he should be inducted while in GN'R's case they chose to focus on a part of GN'R history,

So there it is for all you to ignore and keep going on about how important AFD was.

/jarmo

I still don't see anything posted that has the RNRHOF attempting to convince GNR fans that the band is dead.
And no matter how many times you will try to spin the facts, or rewrite the entire GNR experience...AFD *IS* IMPORTANT!
 In fact it is THE most important album of their entire career...and that fact can be proven irrefutably by not only the public's appreciation for the disc, but most certainly by the sales figures.

Fact.

Oh, and way to bring a gender slam into the mix...you'd have cried all sorts of foul had someone insulted you, Mr. Administrator.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #548 on: April 12, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »

Axl is implying, you either properly respect my 25 years in music or you don't. If you want  to just respect a single moment in my career, then that is fine, go ahead but I do not not want to show favour over anyone who has worked with me over this time.

We've been trying to get that through for a while now but it doesn't seem to register.

"AFD was the most important album".

/jarmo

People are passionate over AFD. I had a schoolmate called Glen who tried to commit suicide by drowning himself, but he says the music on AFD turned him around. Yet he has never liked a GN'R since

Maybe there are some people from that era that just connected emotionally with AFD, which is why they fight for it now.
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #549 on: April 12, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »

So the point is that no matter what he would decide to do, he would have fierce critisism and scrutiny because thats how the rap game goes?  Cheesy

Maybe they could send personally YOU as a representative to see if you could top Axl?  Cheesy Would you be that important or less important Mr. Not-Administrator?  Cheesy

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #550 on: April 12, 2012, 05:58:16 PM »

Oh, and before the sales figures are deemed unreliable due to 'illegal downloading'...you can't download a tee shirt. And, for some reason, I only see Original-era swag for sale at retail these days.

Of course, I can only judge by the American and Irish retail markets.

It's all about Europe, right!? That's where you'll find all the current era merch.
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #551 on: April 12, 2012, 06:02:57 PM »

It's all about Europe, right!? That's where you'll find all the current era merch.

Can't say I've ever seen any current merch on sale here in UK shops.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #552 on: April 12, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »

You call me disrespectful for not agreeing with you, you don't agree with me, which makes you disrespectful. Don't have such double standards about your own shit.  

It stinks.

I still don't see anything posted that has the RNRHOF attempting to convince GNR fans that the band is dead.

Of course you don't get it.

Others do though. In case you didn't notice.

I didn't say they said it word for word. It's the feeling.

AFD *IS* IMPORTANT!

I love it. Thank you.

In fact it is THE most important album of their entire career...and that fact can be proven irrefutably by not only the public's appreciation for the disc, but most certainly by the sales figures.

Fact.

Seriously?

Oh, and way to bring a gender slam into the mix...you'd have cried all sorts of foul had someone insulted you, Mr. Administrator.

Trust me, I've been insulted more times on here than you have posts.

I don't give a fuck. Ask Schwarsenegger above. ok

/jarmo

wadey
Legend

« Reply #553 on: April 12, 2012, 06:05:55 PM »

People are passionate over AFD. I had a schoolmate called Glen who tried to commit suicide by drowning himself, but he says the music on AFD turned him around. Yet he has never liked a GN'R since

Maybe there are some people from that era that just connected emotionally with AFD, which is why they fight for it now.

AFD turned my life around, about 14 when it hit the shelves, parents breaking up, got in with the wrong crowd and stuff and along came appetite to cheer things up... i still occasionally crank it up and look back on my mispent youth with a tear in my eye lol, so yeah im very much connected with appetite but i dont fight for it... i respect it very much for personal reasons. but now pushing 40 i also connect with CD just as much as appetite  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #554 on: April 12, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »

You call me disrespectful for not agreeing with you, you don't agree with me, which makes you disrespectful. Don't have such double standards about your own shit.  

It stinks.

No, I think it's disrespectful that you attack other people and shoot them down when their opinions do not fall within your own. That stinks.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #555 on: April 12, 2012, 06:10:02 PM »

Oh, and before the sales figures are deemed unreliable due to 'illegal downloading'...you can't download a tee shirt. And, for some reason, I only see Original-era swag for sale at retail these days.

Of course, I can only judge by the American and Irish retail markets.

It was good of you to travel up and down the US, then fly to the Republic of Ireland for your informed response on Merch.

I presume, of course, you contacted major outlets in EU countries to compare your findings.

It would obviously be daft to post otherwise
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #556 on: April 12, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »

I said as a joke that the only way the upset and sad fans could justify the RNRHOF's decision on who to induct is by saying "AFD is important"

And look what happened.

Others have pointed out the weird selection process, pointed out that just celebrating part of a band's career is weird. But that is ignored and met with "AFD is important".

No, I think it's disrespectful that you attack other people and shoot them down when their opinions do not fall within your own. That stinks.

Why am I not allowed to say that I disagree with you when even you change your tone once you were asked about your comments?

You say something, I challenge it, you try to make silly remarks about me, I point out that what you say makes no sense, and then you feel disrespected?

Seems to me like you say stuff and you don't even know what you're saying.

/jarmo

3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #557 on: April 12, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »

It stinks.

I have not been posting here for ages but what you have to take into consideration is that boards are not a luxury neither common land. Someone has to take care of it, otherwise it ends up a jungle. Are you Human or Animal? & since you are that good in defense why you dont become a lawyer?  Cheesy  Maybe Jarmo is really tired of all slumming Gnr has had the last 300 years which is HUMAN.  Cheesy  

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #558 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »

Why am I not allowed to say that I disagree with you when even you change your tone once you were asked about your comments?

You say something, I challenge it, you try to make silly remarks about me, I point out that what you say makes no sense, and then you feel disrespected?

Seems to me like you say stuff and you don't even know what you're saying.

Uh, no...

I say what I say and explain my reasons for doing so.

But if it isn't pro-Axl, it seems like it's you're job to knock everyone down. #justsayin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #559 on: April 12, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »

But if it isn't pro-Axl, it seems like it's you're job to knock everyone down. #justsayin

And the fact that I tell you that I don't agree with you bothers you because?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: