Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:13:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170821 times)
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #560 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »

But if it isn't pro-Axl, it seems like it's you're job to knock everyone down. #justsayin

And the fact that I tell you that I don't agree with you bothers you because?

Jarmo I couldn't care less whether you agreed with me or not. It's your poor attitude towards the people that you don't agree with that I find appalling.

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #561 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »

But if it isn't pro-Axl, it seems like it's you're job to knock everyone down. #justsayin

Jarmo I couldn't care less whether you agreed with me or not. It's your poor attitude towards the people that you don't agree with that I find appalling.

What poor attitude?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #562 on: April 12, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »

What poor attitude?

The one where you pull apart every negative comment towards Axl or the band. We've had this conversation before.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #563 on: April 12, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »

We've had this conversation before.

and your still wide open   hihi

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #564 on: April 12, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »

What poor attitude?

The one where you pull apart every negative comment towards Axl or the band. We've had this conversation before.

So, let me get this straight. My poor attitude is due to me not agreeing with what some people say and responding to that?

Once again. Why is that a problem?

I understand, it's easier when you can say things and nobody asks you what the hell you're saying or why you would say such a thing. But surely that can't be your reason.

If you are able to put your thoughts into words and make them public, you must be able to stand for what you say. Wouldn't you agree?
Otherwise people could say all kinds of shit just for the sake of saying it. And that's not really interesting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #565 on: April 12, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »

What poor attitude?

So, let me get this straight. My poor attitude is due to me not agreeing with what some people say and responding to that?

Once again. Why is that a problem?

It's the way in which you do it, you belittle people.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #566 on: April 12, 2012, 06:38:52 PM »

It's the way in which you do it, you belittle people.

Sometimes I make jokes, sometimes I use sarcasm, sometimes I make fun of people (ask D or CheapJon).

People who are respectful, get respect back.

Simple as that.

/jarmo

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #567 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »

Talking about respect on an online forum is fruitless.  Everyone's opinion matters in my mind.

I respect Axl more for his letter than I did before (which is saying alot).  He is doing the right thing here guys.  He is showing respect for the entire GNR family by declining the induction.  He simply did the honorable thing here and now a bunch or you are criticizing him.  It's not fair, but its your opinion so I respect it.

My opinion is that he is an honorable man and just proved it with his letter. 

Thanks Axl....again and again.

PC
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #568 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:14 PM »

Probably because Jarmo censors it so that axl keeps making him feel like he's a rock star too.

As I said about respect earlier. This is in the FIRST line of the post this one post wonder makes.

They insult the band, the board and/or try to insult me, then wonder why I remove posts and ban people.

/jarmo

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #569 on: April 12, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »

Probably because Jarmo censors it so that axl keeps making him feel like he's a rock star too.

As I said about respect earlier. This is in the FIRST line of the post this one post wonder makes.

They insult the band, the board and/or try to insult me, then wonder why I remove posts and ban people.

/jarmo

Don't let them get to you mate.  You do an excellent job of keeping the flamers in their place.  This is a GNR forum that promotes that current line up as it should.  Just don't let the haters get you down.

PC
LRose
Opening Act

« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »

"I don't know ANYONE who is never at fault for anything.  Yet axl portrays himself this way."

See ladies and gentlemen this is the postings of a plum FOOL,  no not just someone is understandably disappointed,but a fool; he/she/it could have made their point without tyring to be an idiot nor did they have to go te usual "let's see if my  diss/hiss will get/stay posted" here like some think that they'r being all rebel like or something by posting here. lol whatever. I see it on other sites as well, when did he ever say or imply that he was NEVER wrong like russtcub sad when you have"fans" like that (poor jarmo, you'll realy be dealing with a lot of fools in te following weeks, I guess you're doing a good job of it now lol rofl)

edit: glad you removed "IT'S" post, it was stupid and the very last part was what they're accusing Axl of..... PURE IGNORANCE
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:08:44 PM by LRose » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »

Don't let them get to you mate.  You do an excellent job of keeping the flamers in their place.  This is a GNR forum that promotes that current line up as it should.  Just don't let the haters get you down.

PC

Don't worry, been doing this for long enough.

It's like watching the National Geographic channel. As soon as the vultures sense there's something going on that fits their agenda, out they come.

/jarmo

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »

Why am I not allowed to say that I disagree with you when even you change your tone once you were asked about your comments?

You say something, I challenge it, you try to make silly remarks about me, I point out that what you say makes no sense, and then you feel disrespected?

Seems to me like you say stuff and you don't even know what you're saying.

Uh, no...

I say what I say and explain my reasons for doing so.

#This isn't twitter.

Axl is God.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #573 on: April 12, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »

There was no way this could be a "friendly" event.

I don't know, they coulda excluded Dizzy and Matt or included Buckethead and more. Media is stuck up imo.

That would be the most appropiate and respectfull approach to this for all I believe.

While some people go 'omagad, afd-reunion!!!' others go 'omagad, gnr is on the same album as the prodigy' and love how Oh My God is almost like an attack (this style would have been a great, socially acceptable album cause Bucket and Axl adds so much beauty and prettyfeeling to hard rock) on the established norms of rock-music. <3 how some folks emorage over that stuff hihi

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:19:39 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »

PC

Don't worry, been doing this for long enough.

It's like watching the National Geographic channel. As soon as the vultures sense there's something going on that fits their agenda, out they come.

/jarmo

ugh

Broski
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #575 on: April 12, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »

I dont feel disrespected as a fan.  I had no interest in watching.  I think Steven is a joke, and I no longer support Slash since he hosed DLR in 2007, at the same event.

After all the lawsuits and commentary through the years from two former members, Axl in my mind would be a hack or sell out for getting on stage with them.

Does Paul McCartney disrespect his fans?  What of Roger Waters?  Its not like Axl is going into uncharted territory. 
Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #576 on: April 12, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »

Speaking of DLR his letter was better.

And how does Izzy get a free pass on this?

Love him, but you sure arent giving him the same rope you are giving Axl.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #577 on: April 12, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »

Axl promised nobody anything.

And I agree with him. IF GNR were to be inducted AND perform : it should contain every member of the current lineup.

Lets look at the length of time people have been in GNR
Axl - 27 years
Dizzy - 21 years
Tommy - 14 years
Pitman - 12 years
Fortus - 10 years
Bumble - 7 years
Frank - 6 years
DJ - 3 years

And how long have the ex-members been in the band?
Duff - 12 years
Slash - 10 years
Robin - 9 years
Izzy - 5 years
Josh - 5 years
Brain - 5 years
Matt - 5 years
Adler - 5 years
Buckethead - 4 years
Gilby - 3 years

Fairly disrespectful to the current band, and their work, to invite the former members and not them. It's "Damned If You Do / Damned If You Don't". All those whining pussies upset that Axl won't be their bitch and sing the old songs with guys who haven't been in the band for over 20 years? Get over it. It'll never be 1991 again.

Yes, the current lineup is a better band.

Axl may use too many words, and talk like someone who has spent a little too long in therapy sometimes, but this is a decision that commands respect for the courage to stand up to others expectations and the integrity that it brings.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous post I've seen on this subject.

Who cares how long you have been in a band? REALLY?

So if u want to play this rationale out:

in 5 years.. 4 of the greatest albums of all time were released..

Thats all that matters.

This isn't a longevity award.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #578 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »

I'm not sure if Dave Navarro or The newest guy are included as they aren't mentioned on anything I've seen. I have no idea if John Frusciante will be there. Slovak is dead.

Slovak, Fruciante and Josh are in, Navarro isn't.  Once again showing there is no rhyme or reason to what the Hall does.

Jesus let me educate u on the Chili Peppers

Hillel was founding member.. helped shape their sound/unique style.

Frusicante is a GOD.. no explanation needed.. the fact u would even put him in this sentence is asinine.

Josh.. head scratcher... Shouldn't be there.. navarro shouldn't go in as a Chili either.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #579 on: April 13, 2012, 12:51:25 AM »

Good for you Axl!
 STICK TO YOUR GUNS (every pun intended)!
 Onward and upward.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: