Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170766 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #620 on: April 13, 2012, 01:44:31 PM »

Another thing that hasn't changed: Axl.

Thank God for that.

/jarmo

Indeed. This is why I respect the man so much. His integrity and ability to stick to his beliefs are unmatched by any other human being.

In the history of the universe!?! Wow!  Shocked Roll Eyes

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #621 on: April 13, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »

Jarmo,

Please tell me you really don't believe josh freese should be inducted? I can understand the case for tommy.

Out of curiosity jarmo, when it comes time for pearl jam to be inducted do you think they will induct Dave krusen? He was gone before ten was released.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #622 on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »

Jarmo,

Please tell me you really don't believe josh freese should be inducted? I can understand the case for tommy.

Never said that. Just pointed out how it was ok for GN'R to do things their way back in the day, and when similar things happen later without the old members in the band, it's suddenly a bigger deal for some fans.

Out of curiosity jarmo, when it comes time for pearl jam to be inducted do you think they will induct Dave krusen? He was gone before ten was released.

Tough call. He plays on Ten, which is their most known album and also on some of their most known songs. But, as you pointed out, he wasn't in the band for long.

So which is more important? Playing on the "hit" album, or longevity?

If the RNRHOF uses the formula used for GN'R, he will be included.

The problem is that I don't understand their criteria. Other than "let's go for the one that gets us the most publicity".

Is Tommy a liar?

No.

Are you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #623 on: April 13, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »

The problem is that I don't understand their criteria. Other than "let's go for the one that gets us the most publicity".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame#Hall_of_Fame

Ha! There is no criteria. Read the "Controversies" section of the RnRHOF Wiki page, especially Fleetwood Mac. Some interesting choices they've made in the past.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #624 on: April 13, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »

Jarmo,

Just to add my two cents, Krusen would get my (imaginary)vote.
I guess I'm biased, I think Ten was their strongest effort, but it certainly propelled them to stardom.

Matt Cameron is probably my favorite active drummer today, but he wouldn't get my vote to be inducted w/PJ, as they were already established long before his arrival.

He should be getting in w/Soundgarden if the HOF has any sense anyways. Who knows, though. They are all over the place.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #625 on: April 13, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »

Jarmo,

I guess I'm biased, I think Ten was their strongest effort, but it certainly propelled them to stardom.

Matt Cameron is probably my favorite active drummer today, but he wouldn't get my vote to be inducted w/PJ, as they were already established long before his arrival.

He should be getting in w/Soundgarden if the HOF has any sense anyways. Who knows, though. They are all over the place.

I really think you'll see Matt Cameron get in with both bands.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #626 on: April 13, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »

Really happy for Axl.

Congrats for doing what you do. He knew the backlash was going to come and stood in the face of everyone and said Fu*k You!!! 

Axl is the last great Rock N Roll Frontman.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #627 on: April 13, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »

Jarmo,

Knowing the HOF he won't. Pearl Jam and Soundgarden may not get in for a looooooong time. Too many better bands waiting in line.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #628 on: April 13, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »

Jarmo,

Yeah , wouldn't surprise me.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #629 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »

No.

/jarmo

So don't say/assume he's pretending he's happy for the induction of the afd line up or whatever. Stinson would be glad if Axl shows up  yes Roll Eyes

Anyway, who cares... I just hope it will be a good show. Slash, duff, steven, matt dizzy hopefully izzy and... Axl rising from the shadows hihi
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:30:45 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #630 on: April 13, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about?

I never said he's pretending to be happy for the old band.

Don't pull stuff out of your ass just because you're still living in a fantasy world.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #631 on: April 13, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »

Jarmo,

Knowing the HOF he won't. Pearl Jam and Soundgarden may not get in for a looooooong time. Too many better bands waiting in line.

Pearl Jam 'Ten' is an influential release. They will be HOF'ed in 2016.

Soundgarden have not been mentioned
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #632 on: April 13, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »

Jarmo,

Never said that. Just pointed out how it was ok for GN'R to do things their way back in the day, and when similar things happen later without the old members in the band, it's suddenly a bigger deal for some fans.

Tough call. He plays on Ten, which is their most known album and also on some of their most known songs. But, as you pointed out, he wasn't in the band for long.

So which is more important? Playing on the "hit" album, or longevity?

If the RNRHOF uses the formula used for GN'R, he will be included.

Is Tommy a liar?

No.

Are you?

/jarmo

Personally I feel that the people who should go in are the people who contributed the most to the legacy of the band. That should be the criteria. Dave Krusen played on 10 which made the band huge so he should be in. In terms of GNR, the original 5.

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #633 on: April 13, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »

If they want to induct GNR based on AFD, why not have a category within the HOF to induct just whole albums.  That way the album gets inducted (and not people) and there is no controversy.  I think this makes more sense than inducting band members.

PC
(paula)
Opening Act

« Reply #634 on: April 13, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »

Axl was so honored to induct and speak for Elton John at the 1994 Hall Of Fame. He thought it meant something then. A lot of people on here were saying positive things about the HOF until Axl decided it was not worth his time for whatever reason and then the posts started becoming negative about the Hall. I have been a fan since the beginning and really feel let down as I'm sure a lot of you do, but just pretend like it is the rocking cool rebel thing to do....yeah whatever. I'm sure no one will agree with me but oh well.   Lips Sealed

I've said the same.  The ppl who say it is so cool that he said "no" would also likely be on here saying how cool it was if he had said "yes".

Well Axl is the one who has to deal with the situation firsthand so I don't see anything wrong with supporting his choice either way. Of course we don't know what his specific issues were, but the Hall hasn't always shown respect to the bands they're honoring (and has neglected some deserving bands altogether), and it has diminished the meaning of the honor over the years.  Personally I think they should limit it to those who were most responsible for producing the bulk of the music.  In this case it would be Axl, Izzy, Slash, and Duff. They were there from the beginning, for more than one album, and wrote + performed the most songs. But if they're going to arbitrarily include Steven (one album, didn't write anything), Matt and Dizzy (not original members, didn't write anything), etc., I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to include the new band, too.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:47:16 PM by (paula) » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #635 on: April 13, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »

If they want to induct GNR based on AFD, why not have a category within the HOF to induct just whole albums.  That way the album gets inducted (and not people) and there is no controversy.  I think this makes more sense than inducting band members.

PC

Yeah, but you would have the same bands getting inducted over and over for albums. For example, Led Zeppelin. Their first 4 albums at least could be in. That would get a tad repetitive.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #636 on: April 13, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »

PC

Yeah, but you would have the same bands getting inducted over and over for albums. For example, Led Zeppelin. Their first 4 albums at least could be in. That would get a tad repetitive.

but nobody said they are getting inducted just for AFD, they should just leave the the HOF the way it is.  It is to honor the band.  The GNR situation is not exactly a common one, and probably not one that is going to happen again for a long time.  Sure there are always going to be artists who dont show up and have drama and all that, but the whole "which members deserve it" thing is not generally a problem as most bands dont have a complete turnover in the band members.

My opinion is do what Metallica did, they said if you played on a record you should get in.  I do think that policy fucked Dave Mustaine over in a way, as he played on their demo that got them signed, and also developed the bands sound with James, not to mention wrote a ton of material on the debut and follow up records.  But in most cases the "if you played on a record" policy should work.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:02:29 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #637 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »

I don't get why people just can't let it go.

Speculate all you want. Waste your time and energy on this.

NO REUNION. It's over. Let it go. Whatever the reason, whoever is responsible. Who cares?

It what it is.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
wadey
Legend

« Reply #638 on: April 13, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »

NO REUNION.

confused did i miss someting  hihi

only joking  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #639 on: April 13, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

So who will replace Axl if the rest of the guys need a singer

http://popdust.com/2012/04/12/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-rock-hall-performance-scott-weiland-lana-del-ray/

Scott Weiland - even money
Kid Rock 5/1
Josh Todd 15/1
Fred Durst 25/1
Lana Del Ray 50/1
Axl Rose 75/1

just thought i'd share  hihi

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: