Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170847 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #640 on: April 13, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »

So who will replace Axl if the rest of the guys need a singer

http://popdust.com/2012/04/12/guns-n-roses-axl-rose-rock-hall-performance-scott-weiland-lana-del-ray/

Scott Weiland - even money
Kid Rock 5/1
Josh Todd 15/1
Fred Durst 25/1
Lana Del Ray 50/1
Axl Rose 75/1

just thought i'd share  hihi

Sol lol he can't be replaced.  Many have attempted, but all have failed.  peace there is only one Axl rose  smoking

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #641 on: April 13, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »

According to the article in Forbes Magazine...Axl decided early on he wouldn't attend.

Axl Rose Exclusive: "Hates" Slash, Won't Do Rock Hall Induction

4/11/2012

Axl Rose, the leader and founder of Guns n Roses, told me in January that he wouldn?t go to the Rock and Roll  Hall of Fame induction. I didn?t believe  him. He told me he hated Slash, the famed guitarist who co founded the band with him, and refused to attend. He told me, everyone who would listen, including Steven Tyler. We were at a pre-Golden Globe party. I?d never met Axl before. He was accessible and fun. But he was obsessed with Slash, claimed that he?d interfered with Axl?s creativity and taken control of the band. Now Axl tours with Guns n Roses but without Slash, who went onto the group Velvet Revolver, and who guest stars on other peoples? records. Gun n Roses always had a rocky history. Early on they forced out drummer Steven Adler. Their catalog is thin. Their best song, ?November Rain,? came out in 1986. I?m sure I?ll get emails of protest. But the infighting has made them a cult group. They could have had a Stones or Zeppelin type legacy. But they are left in tatters. As for Axl Rose, he wasn?t kidding?he told me that night he wouldn?t play on stage with Slash. And he stuck to his Guns. And Roses.

Here?s Axl?s letter to the Rock Hall:......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/11/axl-rose-exclusive-hates-slash-wont-do-rock-hall-induction/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #642 on: April 13, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »

According to the article in Forbes Magazine...Axl decided early on he wouldn't attend.

Axl Rose Exclusive: "Hates" Slash, Won't Do Rock Hall Induction

4/11/2012

Axl Rose, the leader and founder of Guns n Roses, told me in January that he wouldn?t go to the Rock and Roll  Hall of Fame induction. I didn?t believe  him. He told me he hated Slash, the famed guitarist who co founded the band with him, and refused to attend. He told me, everyone who would listen, including Steven Tyler. We were at a pre-Golden Globe party. I?d never met Axl before. He was accessible and fun. But he was obsessed with Slash, claimed that he?d interfered with Axl?s creativity and taken control of the band. Now Axl tours with Guns n Roses but without Slash, who went onto the group Velvet Revolver, and who guest stars on other peoples? records. Gun n Roses always had a rocky history. Early on they forced out drummer Steven Adler. Their catalog is thin. Their best song, ?November Rain,? came out in 1986. I?m sure I?ll get emails of protest. But the infighting has made them a cult group. They could have had a Stones or Zeppelin type legacy. But they are left in tatters. As for Axl Rose, he wasn?t kidding?he told me that night he wouldn?t play on stage with Slash. And he stuck to his Guns. And Roses.

Here?s Axl?s letter to the Rock Hall:......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/11/axl-rose-exclusive-hates-slash-wont-do-rock-hall-induction/

Did you notice that this very same article said NR came out in '86?  hihi

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #643 on: April 13, 2012, 06:16:09 PM »

Ali

That doesn't mean he didn't have the conversation.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #644 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »

Jarmo has a tough job on this thread! What he is saying about the HOF only inducting the 1986 - 1994 (we'll call it) lineup, is that for all other bands they inducted the entire body of their work. This is an insult to all GNR lineups. I don't know why they would do this. Why they live in a fantasy world. The reality is that GNR still tour and release albums today in 2012, as does the RHCP for example. How could they induct Metallica or Pearl Jam and not induct the people who replaced the original lineup when they made contributions? This is insulting. Plain and simple. Now I know why Axl said NO!  ok

... I still don't think he should have written that silly letter though.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:30:37 PM by GNRBABY » Logged

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #645 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »

I think it would have been cool if the original members would have been inducted now, and then maybe 25 years after the release of CD and hopefully other music from these members, the HOF could re-induct the members responsible for CD and any new music from that point forward. It would be unprecedented and would have been even more bad ass to attain the level of success if this version of GNR could make a similar stamp on the music industry as the line ups for AFD and UYI albums. two inductions for the same band. 
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #646 on: April 13, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »

I'm a huge fan and supporter of Axl, Chinese Democracy, the new band, and I?ll be first in line for the new album. Also, I don?t care to see a Reunion with the original line-up. With all the being said, this letter is a complete joke.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #647 on: April 13, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »

Jarmo has a tough job on this thread! What he is saying about the HOF only inducting the 1986 - 1994 (we'll call it) lineup, is that for all other bands they inducted the entire body of their work. This is an insult to all GNR lineups.

Not all other bands. Only Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill were inducted as Black Sabbath.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #648 on: April 13, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »

Without the current band there would be no GNR. No tour. No records.

Would you elaborate on this more. Your 'records' comment. As to my knowledge, Chinese Democracy is the only album the current band has released. The only studio album released since 1993. Almost 20 years.

"Oh My God."

You really think that CD is the ONLY music the band have completed since 1993?

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #649 on: April 13, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

"Oh My God."

You said records. Have you forgotten already?

"Oh My God" is a song.

Can you elaborate more?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #650 on: April 13, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »

I think it's interesting Axl had to write a letter to explain all this. It was very obvious to me, and I think to anyone who has been following the band these past 20 years.

Of course he wouldn't show up and/ or play with Slash and all on stage...What's interesting for me is that some people actually thought it would happen...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #651 on: April 13, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »

What's interesting for me is that some people actually thought it would happen...

And many of them are "old GN'R fans".

People who should know. People who make fun of real GN'R fans for living in fantasy land.

Priceless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #652 on: April 13, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »

Jarmo,

Please tell me you really don't believe josh freese should be inducted? I can understand the case for tommy.

Out of curiosity jarmo, when it comes time for pearl jam to be inducted do you think they will induct Dave krusen? He was gone before ten was released.

Just to add my two cents, Krusen would get my (imaginary)vote.
I guess I'm biased, I think Ten was their strongest effort, but it certainly propelled them to stardom.

Matt Cameron is probably my favorite active drummer today, but he wouldn't get my vote to be inducted w/PJ, as they were already established long before his arrival.

He should be getting in w/Soundgarden if the HOF has any sense anyways. Who knows, though. They are all over the place.

I really think you'll see Matt Cameron get in with both bands.

Knowing the HOF he won't. Pearl Jam and Soundgarden may not get in for a looooooong time. Too many better bands waiting in line.

Pearl Jam 'Ten' is an influential release. They will be HOF'ed in 2016.

Soundgarden have not been mentioned

You have a point. Pearl Jam is much more ground breaking than Soundgarden.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #653 on: April 13, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »

Without the current band there would be no GNR. No tour. No records.

Would you elaborate on this more. Your 'records' comment. As to my knowledge, Chinese Democracy is the only album the current band has released. The only studio album released since 1993. Almost 20 years.

"Oh My God."

in this shitfaced world, you can only go by evidence...so i say, yes!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Ali
Legend

« Reply #654 on: April 13, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »

Ali

No, it doesn't. I wasn't trying to imply that. I just think it is funny that there was such an obvious mistake. Mistakes like that don't help vouch for the veracity of his claims. Not to mention this guy's horseshit defense for downloading Wolverine.

Ali
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #655 on: April 13, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »

I have mixed feelings. This is an honor for Axl and GnR. I don't know the whole story so I can't talk on his behalf. I can say that it would've been nice to see my favorite frontman accepting an award that he deserves. Slash must've done way more than we know about to cause this much hate in a man.  On the other hand, I like to see Axl doing his Rockstar thing and not want to be inducted. That is awesome. Like I said, mixed feelings.
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #656 on: April 13, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »

Sorry if this point already made. No time to read full thread.

Chinese Democracy is an EXTREMELY famous Rock N' Roll album.

@HOF If you have a top hat in that GNR display case you should have an upside down KFC bucket right next to it.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #657 on: April 13, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »

But if they're going to arbitrarily include Steven (one album, didn't write anything),

Arbitrarily?  Steven was the original drummer who played on the first TWO albums (Appetite and GNR Lies) and toured with the band from 1985-1990.  And you're wrong, Steven was a cowriter on all the involved songs -- and is credited as such.  And don't give me any of that "but he didn't REALLY write" shit.  It's old.  The band split their writing credits five ways because of what they all brought to the table when assembling the songs.  That includes Axl too.... he got writing credits for songs that he didn't initially conceive (e.g. "Think About You" and "It's So Easy").

Ali

No, it means that it's a poorly written article, and even if he DID have the conversation (which is dubious), Axl probably didn't know he was being "interviewed" for a magazine, and also, it means that a lot is probably misquoted and out of context.  I noticed that Axl wasn't quoted once in the article, we just have the jabroni who wrote it telling us what Axl allegedly said.

No, it doesn't. I wasn't trying to imply that. I just think it is funny that there was such an obvious mistake. Mistakes like that don't help vouch for the veracity of his claims. Not to mention this guy's horseshit defense for downloading Wolverine.

Another thing that weakens this yahoo's credibility is the potshots that he takes at Guns N Roses.  The latter half of the article does nothing but offer badly written criticisms of the band.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:55:07 PM by Bridge » Logged
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #658 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »

And i hate hate hate to even bring up the word "reunion" on this section of HTGTH but i'd like to share my response from an argument I had with a fellow GNR fanatic on my facebook page when I re-posted Axl's letter. Read it if you like.

---

J.T. :
I completely empathize with Axl. I came up with the following comparison while Tommy Rockstar and I were talking after the amazing Guns 'N' Roses Webster Hall gig at 5am. There are one or two people in my life whom I am positive I should never be in the same room with again. It's a proven fact that no good can come of it. These people were my friends these, people were extremely important to my life. They have helped me become who I am. in some ways they have helped advance my career. But they have proven to be not worthy of my trust or friendship and I simply had to make a decision to remove them from my life.  I'm proud to say I've stuck with that decision. No one besides myself knows the extent of how I felt wronged or lied to. most of the people who know the situations have taken my side or just plain don't care. Thankfully I'm not in the position that Axl is in where millions upon millions of people are calling him names for making a hard choice about his own life.

I think we as fans are lucky enough that for an unmatched 3 hours and 15 minutes a show this multi-millionaire responds to our demands of DANCE FOR ME MONKEY. I don't think we need to make further demands of when and with whom the monkey dances.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:59:46 AM by jarmo » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #659 on: April 13, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »

But if they're going to arbitrarily include Steven (one album, didn't write anything),

Arbitrarily?  Steven was the original drummer who played on the first TWO albums (Appetite and GNR Lies) and toured with the band from 1985-1990.  And you're wrong, Steven was a cowriter on all the involved songs -- and is credited as such.  And don't give me any of that "but he didn't REALLY write" shit.  It's old.  The band split their writing credits five ways because of what they all brought to the table when assembling the songs.  That includes Axl too.... he got writing credits for songs that he didn't initially conceive (e.g. "Think About You" and "It's So Easy").

Ali

No, it means that it's a poorly written article, and even if he DID have the conversation (which is dubious), Axl probably didn't know he was being "interviewed" for a magazine, and also, it means that a lot is probably misquoted and out of context.  I noticed that Axl wasn't quoted once in the article, we just have the jabroni who wrote it telling us what Axl allegedly said.

Another thing that weakens this yahoo's credibility is the potshots that he takes at Guns N Roses.  The latter half of the article does nothing but offer badly written criticisms of the band.
You think that's bad, read his explanation on why he did not download Wolverine:

I did not download anything. I found Wolverine on the internet by accident on Wednesday night. I was looking for something else?info on another movie, which had a link to this site. I simply pressed "play" and when I realized it really was Wolverine, I skipped watching Lost and watched this instead. Afterwards I discovered that the Times had written about it earlier that evening. I guess what I did was called streaming. But there was no downloading. I am fervently anti-piracy, have written extensively about this, and spent too much money at amazon's mp3 site. Please let's clear up this misconception.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: