Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170768 times)
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #660 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06:08 PM »

"Oh My God."

You really think that CD is the ONLY music the band have completed since 1993?

You said records. Have you forgotten already?

"Oh My God" is a song.

Can you elaborate more?

Sure. You're trying to be pedantic on a point of no consequence. Give up.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
bigdog2003
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #661 on: April 14, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »

I'm surprised at how supportive everyone is of Axl's letter. It would have been big of him to put issues aside and perform 2 or 3 songs to put closure to the legacy of what made Guns N Roses great and move on.  Yes, you're right that he has the right do whatever he wants for whatever his reasons are but he wants to be good to fans under his conditions and doesn't care about what fans want.  And it's fans who grew up with GNR in 1988 - 1993 that made him who he is today, rather than the few fans who purchased Chinese Democracy.  He clearly has a resentment toward "old gnr" and "old gnr" fans.  Don't let the words in that letter fool you, half of it was written by a lawyer (how Rock N Roll), re-read it and say with a straight face these are Axl's words. (below is just one example)

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of ?Guns N? Roses?.

I will continue to support his versions of GNR and I'm beyond, like most of you that the old band would ever do anything more than event like this (Like Pink Floyd). Whether most of you want to admit it or not we all know Axl can be a d*ck and much of what was written in that letter proves it again.  If he insisted on not going he could have provided a letter like Izzy's.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #662 on: April 14, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »

It's always easy to say "put things aside and perform" when you haven't had to live the experience.

I mean, we don't know everything that happened, we weren't there. And for some of you to just say "put it aside" is a bit too simplistic.

It probably becomes even worse when certain people are just piling more and more shit on top of all the past shit during the months leading up to the event....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #663 on: April 14, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »

I'm surprised at how supportive everyone is of Axl's letter. It would have been big of him to put issues aside and perform 2 or 3 songs to put closure to the legacy of what made Guns N Roses great and move on.  Yes, you're right that he has the right do whatever he wants for whatever his reasons are but he wants to be good to fans under his conditions and doesn't care about what fans want.  And it's fans who grew up with GNR in 1988 - 1993 that made him who he is today, rather than the few fans who purchased Chinese Democracy.  He clearly has a resentment toward "old gnr" and "old gnr" fans.  Don't let the words in that letter fool you, half of it was written by a lawyer (how Rock N Roll), re-read it and say with a straight face these are Axl's words. (below is just one example)

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of ?Guns N? Roses?.

I will continue to support his versions of GNR and I'm beyond, like most of you that the old band would ever do anything more than event like this (Like Pink Floyd). Whether most of you want to admit it or not we all know Axl can be a d*ck and much of what was written in that letter proves it again.  If he insisted on not going he could have provided a letter like Izzy's.
He sure can be, and unless he has a big surprise up his sleeve, he is poroving it again.  Its sad, i live toward Cleveland and the event is getting such coverage.  The news keep saying how great it is to have all the rock royalty in town foir this event AND THEIR FANS,  Its sad that he really doesnt give a shit about fans.  You can debate all you want about why the real band broke up, but if they show and he doesnt for the award, HE will be the one that ruined this moment.  He has done everything he can to keep the name and insist that he is gnr, well gnr is getting a big award, where are you mr gnr?  The saddest part is, i still believe he will show. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #664 on: April 14, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »

Once again, the old "he doesn't care for the fans" bullshit.

Don't talk on my behalf.

I think he cares a lot about the fans. It's pretty obvious. Count the number of times the word fans appeared in his letter.

Just because he doesn't reunite the old band doesn't mean he doesn't care about the fans.
Those two things are not the same thing.

Also, show me where Axl said he thinks he is GN'R.

I wanna see that quote since so many of you keep saying it as it's a fact.

How come none of you ever say: "Slash thought GN'R was him, he took his songs and left thinking GN'R would end with him leaving"?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:22:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #665 on: April 14, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

It's always easy to say "put things aside and perform" when you haven't had to live the experience.

I mean, we don't know everything that happened, we weren't there. And for some of you to just say "put it aside" is a bit too simplistic.

It probably becomes even worse when certain people are just piling more and more shit on top of all the past shit during the months leading up to the event....

/jarmo

Exactly. I've been through painful, expensive, and emotionally damaging seperations (both professionally and personally), and no amount of money in the world or reflected glory, could EVER entice me to meet the people involved again. What makes any of us think that Axl is in any way different? Nothing.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
westii.de.bestii
Opening Act

« Reply #666 on: April 14, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »

I think he cares a lot about the fans. It's pretty obvious. Count the number of times the word fans appeared in his letter.

So what you're saying? That he cares about fans just because he used the 'fans' word? Interesting theory. Don't you think he could care a little bit more by not delaying shows, not cancelling shows, not stopping shows, but probably most of all, by not insulting fans who also support Slash? Those who like them both may feel insulted when hearing their idol who 'cares' about them say all the nasty crap.

And hey, look how many times I used the letter A. Looks like I care about it.

How come none of you ever say: "Slash thought GN'R was him, he took his songs and left thinking GN'R would end with him leaving"?

Because that would not be true. The reason Slash left was because he couldn't have worked with Axl anymore. He stayed as long as he could and did as much as he could to keep the band alive. Don't forget that the other guys left as well.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #667 on: April 14, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »

"Oh My God."

"Oh My God" is a song.

Can you elaborate more?

I didn't think you could. You made a false statement and tried to back it up with a song. Just clarifying the obvious of your statement. The current GN'R lineup has released one album, not records as you stated.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
JSMastro
Opening Act

« Reply #668 on: April 14, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »

Jarmo you speak the thoughts & feelings of many of us who admire & respect Axl and also the current lineup.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #669 on: April 14, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »

Did you notice that this very same article said NR came out in '86?  hihi

Ali

That doesn't mean he didn't have the conversation.

No, it doesn't. I wasn't trying to imply that. I just think it is funny that there was such an obvious mistake. Mistakes like that don't help vouch for the veracity of his claims.

So he got the date wrong, I'm guessing he's not a fan -- it's Forbes Magazine.  Still, doesn't mean he didn't have the conversation.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #670 on: April 14, 2012, 04:18:03 PM »

So what you're saying? That he cares about fans just because he used the 'fans' word? Interesting theory. Don't you think he could care a little bit more by not delaying shows, not cancelling shows, not stopping shows, but probably most of all, by not insulting fans who also support Slash? Those who like them both may feel insulted when hearing their idol who 'cares' about them say all the nasty crap.

Twisting my words. If he writes a letter TO THE FANS, he obviously cares since he's addressing a letter to us.

If he didn't care, there would be no letter. Pretty simple logic.  Smiley

Fans are insulted because Axl has issues with Slash?

If that's the case, it goes both ways. Slash lying about Axl must be disrespectful to GN'R fans. Right?

Show me a band who hasn't canceled shows. Doesn't mean they don't care about their fans.

Starting late? Been explained multiple times. Yes, GN'R usually starts their shows after 10PM. Nothing new.

Because that would not be true. The reason Slash left was because he couldn't have worked with Axl anymore. He stayed as long as he could and did as much as he could to keep the band alive. Don't forget that the other guys left as well.

And all the guys who left have been in multiple bands since then. Can't they get along with people?

I guess Slash's Snakepit, Velvet Revolver, Adler's Appetite and so on changing members, breaking up is also "Axl's fault"?

Roll Eyes

You sound like somebody who read Slash's book and believed every word.

/jarmo

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #671 on: April 14, 2012, 04:23:23 PM »

I think we all knew that Axl would never share a stage again with Slash. It wasn't gonna happen. Also from whats been detailed , I think Rose likely saw a show he'd have no control over. Green Day from what I read will induct the band (No  Rolling Stones ? No Elton John ? No Buckcherry or the Killers ?) . I think it would have been better had Jann Wenner came to Rose in person and laid it out what he wanted to make the appearance happen. Instead it seems like the Hall of Fame did all these plans and wouldn't give the band going in a chance.

I do expect a shitty cover of Welcome to the Jungle by "Green Day" ahead. But I stand by Axl Rose's stance here. Why show up for something if your not in control of it ? Why be set up to piss fans off if you don't perform ? So I give him props for saying , fuck it. Take my name off and induct everyone else.
overmatik
« Reply #672 on: April 14, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »

Actually the only problem with Axl's letter was the timing, releasing it just a few days prior to the Ceremony left lots of people hoping for a reunion, something that anyone claiming to be a real GNR fan should know it will NEVER happen.

Other than that, the Hall of Shame is a scam and Sex Pistols denounced them years ago. So fuck the Hall of Shame!  rant
westii.de.bestii
Opening Act

« Reply #673 on: April 14, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »

Fans are insulted because Axl has issues with Slash?

If that's the case, it goes both ways. Slash lying about Axl must be disrespectful to GN'R fans. Right?

In this case, the lies go usually one way. Slash never insults Axl, and Axl likes to say a word or two about Slash whenever he's got a chance. Also I don't think Slash lies about Axl. Can't think of anything Slash said that would not be true. And he never said that Axl's supporters can go you know where and do you know what.

Show me a band who hasn't canceled shows. Doesn't mean they don't care about their fans.

Starting late? Been explained multiple times. Yes, GN'R usually starts their shows after 10PM. Nothing new.

But you have to honestly say that GN'R cancelled a hell more of the shows than the regular rock band out there, and for reasons beyond understanding. Especially a band this big. And being late has been explained? Sorry, but I don't buy that. Maybe you should be late to work every other day and try to 'explain' to your boss why you come in 1 or 2 hours late. Because you want to give your best? Please...

And all the guys who left have been in multiple bands since then. Can't they get along with people?

Can't Axl? Can't he just shake hands? Whatever happened, happened more than 15 jears ago. Wouldn't it be good time to do that? Not for reunion because nobody wants it. Just because, just to prove that he really left that behind him.

You sound like somebody who read Slash's book and believed every word.

I sound like someone who read more books, interviews, watched clips, videos, etc. all the way from the AFD glory days to Rn'R HoF induction. All you have to do is just sum up the facts.

You know, it's like me saying 'you sound like someone who believes absolutely every word Axl says'. How's that sound?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #674 on: April 14, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »

Slash never insults Axl, and Axl likes to say a word or two about Slash whenever he's got a chance. Also I don't think Slash lies about Axl. Can't think of anything Slash said that would not be true.

Like the time Slash denied he ever went to Axls house, only to admit later that he did?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #675 on: April 14, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

In this case, the lies go usually one way. Slash never insults Axl, and Axl likes to say a word or two about Slash whenever he's got a chance. Also I don't think Slash lies about Axl. Can't think of anything Slash said that would not be true. And he never said that Axl's supporters can go you know where and do you know what.

Of course you can't.

You have two posts on here and both are about this.  Roll Eyes

But you have to honestly say that GN'R cancelled a hell more of the shows than the regular rock band out there, and for reasons beyond understanding. Especially a band this big.

Eddie Vedder just postponed a whole tour. He doesn't care about his fans?

Velvet Revolver canceled a tour because people were in rehab and they lied about it.

These things happen.

And being late has been explained? Sorry, but I don't buy that. Maybe you should be late to work every other day and try to 'explain' to your boss why you come in 1 or 2 hours late. Because you want to give your best? Please...

You don't buy it. Good to know.

Bad analogy.

By the way, since you're new here, stop wasting everybody's time with this shit.

Most true GN'R fans know the deal.

Can't Axl? Can't he just shake hands? Whatever happened, happened more than 15 jears ago. Wouldn't it be good time to do that? Not for reunion because nobody wants it. Just because, just to prove that he really left that behind him.

How about the people who spent years talking shit shut up and take responsibility for their actions?

I sound like someone who read more books, interviews, watched clips, videos, etc. all the way from the AFD glory days to Rn'R HoF induction. All you have to do is just sum up the facts.

You know, it's like me saying 'you sound like someone who believes absolutely every word Axl says'. How's that sound?

So, in your opinion, reading stuff, even things that are bullshit and basing your opinion on them is ok.

Got it.

I don't care what you think of me.

/jarmo

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #676 on: April 14, 2012, 05:58:10 PM »

"Oh My God."

"Oh My God" is a song.

Can you elaborate more?

I didn't think you could. You made a false statement and tried to back it up with a song. Just clarifying the obvious of your statement. The current GN'R lineup has released one album, not records as you stated.

I used the word "records" to describe the release of recorded music, it's not a false statement unless you're being OCD pedantic to try and agitate an argument. On the other hand, typical trolling is to latch on and obsess upon one word in a long discussion and use it to try and derail the general direction of conversation. Won't work here and not with me.

You're making a big hoo-ha out of a generalised plural. Post 96 GNR have released more than one record - so yes, "records" is correct by my interpretation, and not by yours. so. BFD.

Now, to be blunt, the current lineup of GNR haven't released anything : DJ Ashba joined after the release of "Chinese Democracy."

But, if you want to live in the real world, post Slash GNR have been prolific on stage with hundreds of shows, and at least 16 new songs, in the form of an album, "Oh My God", the played-live-but-not-released "Silkworms" and those leaked demos.

If you want to try and undermine any statement I have made by latching onto a turn-of-phrase where our interpretations of what that word means, jog on. You're wasting your time.

westii.de.bestii
Opening Act

« Reply #677 on: April 14, 2012, 06:16:18 PM »

Well, your entire post can just be sumed up like this:

You sound like someone who believes in absolutely everything that Axl says.

By the way, since you're new here, stop wasting everybody's time with this shit.

Just like everyone else here, I can have my opinion.

Eddie Vedder just postponed a whole tour. He doesn't care about his fans?

Velvet Revolver canceled a tour because people were in rehab and they lied about it.

These things happen.

And tell us Axl's reasons to cancel shows. BTW postponing is not cancelling.

So, in your opinion, reading stuff, even things that are bullshit and basing your opinion on them is ok.

What about videos, interviews on tv, version of events told by people who witnessed everything first hand? Is that bullshit just because it differs from Axl's opinion?

ok, just like you said

Got it.

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #678 on: April 14, 2012, 06:22:25 PM »

If I remember rightly, the 2001 Euro shows (which I booked 5 shows for), were on sale and officially cancelled due to Buckethead needing an operation. But I think Axl said later that the contracts were signed without his knowledge by a manager he sacked.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #679 on: April 14, 2012, 06:31:40 PM »

You sound like someone who believes in absolutely everything that Axl says.

I tend to believe the person who's not changing his story. Smiley

Just like everyone else here, I can have my opinion.

Your opinion, has nothing to do with the letter.

Your opinion is more of the same that a specific group of fans keep repeating year after year.

I bet most of whom would not have any complaints about "late starts" or the setlist if it had been the AFD5 performing the shows. You're just looking for stuff to whine about.

And tell us Axl's reasons to cancel shows. BTW postponing is not cancelling.

There's been everything from production issues at the venues (which are out of Axl's and the band's control) to stages collapsing.

You go on about this like it's something big, a big dirty secret that you have discovered.

Go ahead, show me how GN'R is canceling a lot more shows than any other band is.

Axl hasn't canceled a single show on this current tour. Prove me wrong.

Asia, Canada, Latin America (2 Central America shows were canceled, not Axl's fault), Europe, Australia, Middle East, Latin America, North America (2 shows canceled, once again, not Axl's fault) and USA.

What about videos, interviews on tv, version of events told by people who witnessed everything first hand? Is that bullshit just because it differs from Axl's opinion?

Even Duff writes in his book that that's his version of what happened....  Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:34:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: