Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It M  (Read 170777 times)
overmatik
« Reply #680 on: April 14, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »

This cancellation discussion is so over...  yes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #681 on: April 14, 2012, 07:43:14 PM »

I used the word "records" to describe the release of recorded music, it's not a false statement unless you're being OCD pedantic to try and agitate an argument. On the other hand, typical trolling is to latch on and obsess upon one word in a long discussion and use it to try and derail the general direction of conversation. Won't work here and not with me.

You're making a big hoo-ha out of a generalised plural. Post 96 GNR have released more than one record - so yes, "records" is correct by my interpretation, and not by yours. so. BFD.

Now, to be blunt, the current lineup of GNR haven't released anything : DJ Ashba joined after the release of "Chinese Democracy."

But, if you want to live in the real world, post Slash GNR have been prolific on stage with hundreds of shows, and at least 16 new songs, in the form of an album, "Oh My God", the played-live-but-not-released "Silkworms" and those leaked demos.

If you want to try and undermine any statement I have made by latching onto a turn-of-phrase where our interpretations of what that word means, jog on. You're wasting your time.

This was your original statement:
Without the current band there would be no GNR. No tour. No records.

And yes, it remains a false statement no matter how much you try to twist it.

You should have said music instead of records in regards to the new GN'R. My question for you to elaborate had nothing to do with how many shows the new GN'R have played or how many demos have been leaked. Again, you said without the current band there would be no 'records' which still remains to be a false statement. It's not undermining, it's not latching onto a turn-of-phrase, or misinterpreting what you said. The fact is, the new GN'R have not released new records, but only one record.

To turn and attack someone in a simple conversation by being asked to elaborate more when caught in an obvious miss-statement isn't a class move.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #682 on: April 14, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »

Did you notice that this very same article said NR came out in '86?  hihi

Ali

That doesn't mean he didn't have the conversation.

No, it doesn't. I wasn't trying to imply that. I just think it is funny that there was such an obvious mistake. Mistakes like that don't help vouch for the veracity of his claims.

So he got the date wrong, I'm guessing he's not a fan -- it's Forbes Magazine.  Still, doesn't mean he didn't have the conversation.

Never said he didn't. But, if he's inaccurate about that, it means he could be inaccurate about other aspects of the story, like Axl saying "I may not be going" instead of "I am definitely not going". This guy isn't exactly a bastion of journalistic accuracy. See what happened to him with his Fox News job. I'm sure he had the talk. I'm not sure everything he says he remembers precisely.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #683 on: April 14, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »

Never said he didn't. But, if he's inaccurate about that, it means he could be inaccurate about other aspects of the story, like Axl saying "I may not be going" instead of "I am definitely not going".

He got a date wrong, so now the rest of article is inaccurate?  And at this point I don't even remember what he said....may or definitely. hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #684 on: April 14, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »

I used the word "records" to describe the release of recorded music, it's not a false statement unless you're being OCD pedantic to try and agitate an argument. On the other hand, typical trolling is to latch on and obsess upon one word in a long discussion and use it to try and derail the general direction of conversation. Won't work here and not with me.

You're making a big hoo-ha out of a generalised plural. Post 96 GNR have released more than one record - so yes, "records" is correct by my interpretation, and not by yours. so. BFD.

Now, to be blunt, the current lineup of GNR haven't released anything : DJ Ashba joined after the release of "Chinese Democracy."

But, if you want to live in the real world, post Slash GNR have been prolific on stage with hundreds of shows, and at least 16 new songs, in the form of an album, "Oh My God", the played-live-but-not-released "Silkworms" and those leaked demos.

If you want to try and undermine any statement I have made by latching onto a turn-of-phrase where our interpretations of what that word means, jog on. You're wasting your time.

You should have said music instead of records in regards to the new GN'R. My question for you to elaborate had nothing to do with how many shows the new GN'R have played or how many demos have been leaked. Again, you said without the current band there would be no 'records' which still remains to be a false statement. It's not undermining, it's not latching onto a turn-of-phrase, or misinterpreting what you said. The fact is, the new GN'R have not released new records, but only one record.

To turn and attack someone in a simple conversation by being asked to elaborate more when caught in an obvious miss-statement isn't a class move.

Fine. Get hung up on the fact that you interpret a word I used a different way to the way I use that word, and get over it. Since 1996 they have released "Chinese Democracy" as an album, and "Oh My God". That's more than one. That's plural. That's records. So get over it, because it really isn't a big deal to anyone but you.   I can't make it any simpler than that, and if that's too difficult for you to grasp so be it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:12:58 PM by markreed » Logged

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Ali
Legend

« Reply #685 on: April 14, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »

Never said he didn't. But, if he's inaccurate about that, it means he could be inaccurate about other aspects of the story, like Axl saying "I may not be going" instead of "I am definitely not going".

He got a date wrong, so now the rest of article is inaccurate?  And at this point I don't even remember what he said....may or definitely. hihi

No, not all of it necessarily. If he made one mistake, it's possible he made  another, that's all I'm saying. You'll note he didn't provide a direct quote....whatever it was that was said Smiley

Ali
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #686 on: April 14, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »

i really look forward to moving conversations about stupid junkies that quit/got fired in a different century back to the "Wasn't Yesterday Great" section.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #687 on: April 14, 2012, 10:39:37 PM »

Fine. Get hung up on the fact that you interpret a word I used a different way to the way I use that word, and get over it. Since 1996 they have released "Chinese Democracy" as an album, and "Oh My God". That's more than one. That's plural. That's records. So get over it, because it really isn't a big deal to anyone but you.   I can't make it any simpler than that, and if that's too difficult for you to grasp so be it.

Stop being so difficult. I will state a slice of TRUTH. As of April 14 2012 there is a way bigger chance we see more "records" from the current GNR (even if Axl replaces members) than we will see from the AFD or UYI line ups. Stop busting balls and man up ya friction foonis!

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #688 on: April 14, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »

:oa bit disappointed, cuz i think he deserves to be in there, but.....is this the first time an artist has declined being inducted?  if it is, i love it.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #689 on: April 15, 2012, 01:47:54 AM »

:oa bit disappointed, cuz i think he deserves to be in there, but.....is this the first time an artist has declined being inducted?  if it is, i love it.
no, this is the second time. the first were Sex Pistols

Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #690 on: April 15, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »

According to the article in Forbes Magazine...Axl decided early on he wouldn't attend.

Axl Rose Exclusive: "Hates" Slash, Won't Do Rock Hall Induction

4/11/2012

Axl Rose, the leader and founder of Guns n Roses, told me in January that he wouldn?t go to the Rock and Roll  Hall of Fame induction. I didn?t believe  him. He told me he hated Slash, the famed guitarist who co founded the band with him, and refused to attend. He told me, everyone who would listen, including Steven Tyler. We were at a pre-Golden Globe party. I?d never met Axl before. He was accessible and fun. But he was obsessed with Slash, claimed that he?d interfered with Axl?s creativity and taken control of the band. Now Axl tours with Guns n Roses but without Slash, who went onto the group Velvet Revolver, and who guest stars on other peoples? records. Gun n Roses always had a rocky history. Early on they forced out drummer Steven Adler. Their catalog is thin. Their best song, ?November Rain,? came out in 1986. I?m sure I?ll get emails of protest. But the infighting has made them a cult group. They could have had a Stones or Zeppelin type legacy. But they are left in tatters. As for Axl Rose, he wasn?t kidding?he told me that night he wouldn?t play on stage with Slash. And he stuck to his Guns. And Roses.

Here?s Axl?s letter to the Rock Hall:......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/11/axl-rose-exclusive-hates-slash-wont-do-rock-hall-induction/

Did you notice that this very same article said NR came out in '86?  hihi

Ali

I also noted the shitty spelling and grammar. Like a kid wrote it.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #691 on: April 15, 2012, 02:21:24 AM »

I didn't write it, just posted it.  But please, do elaborate.  Again, and again, didn't mean he didn't have the conversation. Huh

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #692 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »

How is "Oh My God" a record? It's a song that may or may not have been released as a single. Tell me, where I can go buy the album Oh My God? The truth is you can't. There is no album titled Oh My God released by GN'R. You may be able to purchase it as single, I don't know but one single does not make an album/record. Chinese Democracy is one album which is singular not plural. Your interpretation is wrong and to believe anything else is false. One album and one song does not equal records.

Maybe you have records and recordings confused.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #693 on: April 15, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »

I'd better used the word "studio releases"... besides ChiDem album and OMG single, there's also a non-single OST contribution in Big Daddy movie (reworked SCOM), and maybe, I'm not 100% sure, some slightly different edits in Rock Band, that's all.

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #694 on: April 15, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »

How is "Oh My God" a record? It's a song that may or may not have been released as a single. Tell me, where I can go buy the album Oh My God? The truth is you can't. There is no album titled Oh My God released by GN'R. You may be able to purchase it as single, I don't know but one single does not make an album/record. Chinese Democracy is one album which is singular not plural. Your interpretation is wrong and to believe anything else is false. One album and one song does not equal records.

Maybe you have records and recordings confused.

This is a a tedious and pointless conversation. It really isn't worth the effort.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #695 on: April 15, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »

One album and one song does not equal records.

None of this makes Matt Sorum more qualifed for the induction than Traci and Roberta, or Buckethead. Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #696 on: April 15, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »

I didn't write it, just posted it.  But please, do elaborate.  Again, and again, didn't mean he didn't have the conversation. Huh

No, again, no one's saying he didn't have the conversation. Just when you combine existing mistakes with the fact that no direct quotes given, it gives one the impression that what's being relayed isn't necessarily entirely accurate.

Ali
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #697 on: April 15, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »

One album and one song does not equal records.

None of this makes Matt Sorum more qualifed for the induction than Traci and Roberta, or Buckethead. Wink

This had nothing to do with who should or shouldn't be inducted into the RNRHOF but how much music the new GN'R lineup has officially released. Chinese Democracy is the only album with new music that's been released in the past 18 1/2 years.  Smiley

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #698 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »

Tell us something we don't know.

Are you saying the selection process involves counting the number of recordings each person has contributed to?

The band has released original material since the former members quit. That's a fact. The RNRHOF, for some unknown reason, decided to overlook this while not doing the same for bands like Metallica and the Red Hot Chili Peppers by inducting current members of said bands. 

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #699 on: April 15, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »

Tell us something we don't know.

Are you saying the selection process involves counting the number of recordings each person has contributed to?

The band has released original material since the former members quit. That's a fact. The RNRHOF, for some unknown reason, decided to overlook this while not doing the same for bands like Metallica and the Red Hot Chili Peppers by inducting current members of said bands. 

/jarmo

No, it has nothing to do with the selection process or the RNRHOF. Nothing!

markreed posted saying the current lineup had released 'records' meaning more than one. I haven't seen them or heard of them. Have you? The Spaghetti Incident? in 1993 was the last studio recorded band album released by the old lineup. The next studio recorded band album released was Chinese Democracy in 2009 and that was by the current lineup for the most part. Which would make the 'records' comment untrue.

If I'm wrong, please show me another album that's been released by the new lineup. I would like to go purchase it.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: