Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  problem when quoting?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: problem when quoting?  (Read 6061 times)
wadey
Legend

« on: April 14, 2012, 08:23:55 AM »

when replying to a topic the text box appears and i can just type normal with my writing staying in the same place
however - when i quote someone and reply my text keeps dissapearing at the bottom of the text box for some stupid reason and i cant see what im typing unless i keep scrolling down
this happens on both laptop (windows xp) and desktop (windows vista)

edit:

if its a small quote then no problem, if the quote takes up the whole of the text box then the problem starts
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:51:32 AM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »

when replying to a topic the text box appears and i can just type normal with my writing staying in the same place
however - when i quote someone and reply my text keeps dissapearing at the bottom of the text box for some stupid reason and i cant see what im typing unless i keep scrolling down

edit:

if its a small quote then no problem, if the quote takes up the whole of the text box then the problem starts

Never noticed this.

I can resize the text box on my browser in the bottom right corner to any size I wish....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »

edit:

Never noticed this.

I can resize the text box on my browser in the bottom right corner to any size I wish....

/jarmo

still stuck lol, im currently using windows exporer 8 and cant see anything in the bottom right corner
maybe im having a stupid day and need it spelling out  yes

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 11:28:41 PM »

edit:

Never noticed this.

/jarmo

still stuck lol, im currently using windows exporer 8 and cant see anything in the bottom right corner
maybe im having a stupid day and need it spelling out  yes

Is there any way you can take a screen shot of what you see to better explain the issue?

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

Also, what resolution is each of the monitors set at?

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »

This happens alot to me as well, thought it was a bug at first but since no one else braught it up, thought it was my own software.

When you quote someone where the text exceeds the size of the box in which you reply from. When you start typing, your text dissapears and all you can see is the top of the quote in which you quoted, but you can still write a reply, you just can't see it and have to wait until your finished then scroll down to see if there are any mistakes etc.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »

here we go  ok
screenshot / on laptop at moment and my resolution is 1024/768
if you look at the text box in the screen shot you can see the scroll bar is right down the very bottom and the end of the quote im quoting is also at the very bottom. when i enter text underneath the quote it stays hidden and i cant see it until i manually scroll down, but as soon as i start typing again it dissapears below the text box  crying

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »

use Mozilla!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »

It's an issue with older versions of windows explorer. Try downloading Mozilla Firefox and you won't have the problem.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »

It's an issue with older versions of windows explorer. Try downloading Mozilla Firefox and you won't have the problem.

yep....downloaded and working now  ok
i can see what the fuck im typing again now  hihi
thankyou to everyone for the help  peace

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: