Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My letter to Axl rose
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My letter to Axl rose  (Read 4957 times)
team-axl
Headliner

« on: April 15, 2012, 07:05:40 AM »

"Dear Axl, the whole band, Beta , fernando and they're family and of course anyone who actually gives a shit.

A lot of hating and nonsense has already been written and said about the HOF induction since Axl's letter has been posted online.
What i wish to say it's something diffrent...

I have not been a fan of Gnr all my life, hell i was born in '89 and although i remember hearing you could be mine in terminator 2 ou jungle in clint eastwood's Dead pool, it wasn't till my 18th birthday that i started paying more attention to Guns n roses besides listening to jungle every now and then. Mostly because my father never let me hear the music or watch the tv channels i wanted even if it was on the privacy of my room.

What i want to say is that as soon as i started paying more and more atention to GNR's music and "history", i started falling in love with the band and the music itself, the lyrics and mostly because i always loved your voice and the danger the band represented. The "it's my way or the highway" stand.
And although i inicially didnt pay any atention to the "new" gnr members, i slowly started hearing and reading more about them and watchin interviews and concert footage and i started admiring these guys, maybe because im from a newer generation and not from the "80's", i don't know, but i learned to respect and get to know the actual members (some more than others) and from there i started dissecting every little word, text, interview, video, or even your famous "mygnr" chats with the members.
And i saw a man who has been fighting for what he stands for 25 years, a man that has fight time and time again critics, hating, lawsuits and ex-members public lies and was able to form an amazing line up, i think that since '09 , this has been the utimate gnr line up, the adition of ashba with his "slash-like" aproach on the guitar, Bumble's guitar shredding or Frank's amazing drumming has addicted me into this line up and i sincerily wish you guys could get the respect you deserve.

I mean no one in the band had been in a project as big as GNR, they are all amazing musicians but they never really had they're shot at the title i guess...and u grabbed them and yes u gave em an oportunity to be on an amazing band, but u also have put them on a spotlight where they are going to be attacked , where they are going to be bashed by angry so called fans, where they are going to be called slags or hacks by junkie losers, where they will get hit with "missiles", u have been "booed" off stage. And we're talking about guys that didnt had to deal with these sort of problems before, besides all the shit they get every show is a constant fight to win the crowd over, u guys always have to make every show better than the last, and u guys are making 3h shows, you played 2 or 3 shows sick not too long ago and i bet a younger axl would've just canceled but u didn't, bumblefoot has lots of pain but he still goes out there for 3h, he doesnt ask for the shows to be cut short, and why do you guys do it ? for the money ?? NO! if you were in it for the money you would've chosen the "easy" way out long ago and re-formed the old line up, there is no NEW GNR or OLD GNR, you're not driving gnr's legacy to the ground, I believe you are not the person most people say you are, i believe you care more about us than sometimes we care to see.

There is only GUNS N' ROSES and as long as you guys can honor the band's name and be as good or (like i think) BETTER than the old line up then i promise you that me ad all the people who agree with me will always be at your shows.
GNR's never been about pleasing to anyone so why should start now ? The stunt you pulled against HOF with that letter would've made even Marlon Brando himself proud, Great musicians, actors hell Great persons don't need a prize or a signed paper to show how good they are in what they do, they just go there and do it every single night.

Bumblefoot once told me on a message thru facebook "we're like party planners , you see the party but you don't see the planners", i think this sums up everything u guys stand for, your not there for fortune and FAME or (shame), you're there because you love what you do and you want to give the fans every night the best show ever.
Every so called fan who says that you don't care about fans or says that you should do this or that because we are the ones who pay you, are NOT fans, you don't owe me or any other fan in the world anything you haven't been repaying every single night with 3h of great music with great musicians.

People need to realize that to "us" Guns n' roses are a band (even if u are the greatest rock band ever to some of us) but to you GNR is your private life, your "job", your vision , your dream and no one and by no one i mean not some fuckin producer, or some fuckin record company, manager or a fan should tell you how to live it.

If you want to wear rings wear them, if tommy want's to dress as a teletubbie let him, if Bumble wants to be a star war's stormtropper then let him and if you don't want a reunion or don't want to be at HOF then "we" should let you.

One of the reasons i respect you is because you're always true to yourself, if less money means not seeling out then be it ! Stay true, stay Axl.

A great thanks to you,bumblefoot, Dj ashba, Fortus, Tommy, Dizzy,Frank, Chris and a special thanks to Beta for keeping you out of trouble and helping you revive GNR.

Obrigado.

Sincerely a mere portuguese fan.

Kanudo
"
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »

Very, Very nice letter man! Very well put. You just spook for a hell of a lot of us. I will add, if you don't mind? I am an original fan. I have been listening too GNR sense the first time I heard WTTJ on the radio back in day. Hell  I have been taking flak from people for being an Axl fan sense 1987!! Well I have broad shoulders I can handle the weight! I learned a long time ago you have to live life on your own terms. Axl, I for one totally agree and support what you did this week. Those boo's didn't come from your fans! Ron, Dizzy, Chris, Frank, Richard, Tommy and Dj along with you Axl are and always will  be GNR in my mind. You and them have earned that right.
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »

Great letter---as a fan from 88, I agree.
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »

Very, Very nice letter man! Very well put. You just spook for a hell of a lot of us. I will add, if you don't mind? I am an original fan. I have been listening too GNR sense the first time I heard WTTJ on the radio back in day. Hell  I have been taking flak from people for being an Axl fan sense 1987!! Well I have broad shoulders I can handle the weight! I learned a long time ago you have to live life on your own terms. Axl, I for one totally agree and support what you did this week. Those boo's didn't come from your fans! Ron, Dizzy, Chris, Frank, Richard, Tommy and Dj along with you Axl are and always will  be GNR in my mind. You and them have earned that right.
peace out
amyl

thank you very much dude and im glad you like it Smiley i have written this about 2 days ago and i have already been bashed by some fans who were afraid my letter would be passed around as the real opinion on today's gnr...

i say here what i said to those guys, i have not written this speaking for anyone but myself, if anyone agrees with me then im very happy we share the same opinions.

Axl created gnr back in the day and they became big...then they all left axl and axl went back out there and created "another band" as big as the first one...

guns n roses to me are 1985 - 2012 and still going strong

thanks willow and bandita
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »

Words of wisdom dude: ok:

the most sick fan in the middle east
Annie
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »

Yes thankyou for your wonderful letter and I agree wholeheartedly! Axl you have given me so much strength. An obnoxious female surgeon was very rude and abusive to me yesterday and I just blew it off the way that you blew off all the RRHOF nonsense. My coworkers were so upset about her comments that they wrote her up.  hihi So thankyou for being such an inspiration to me! ok
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 11:08:54 AM »

"Dear Axl, the whole band, Beta , fernando and they're family and of course anyone who actually gives a shit.

Same, hello Axl! wave

I have not been a fan of Gnr all my life, hell i was born in '89 and although i remember hearing you could be mine in terminator 2 ou jungle in clint eastwood's Dead pool, it wasn't till my 18th birthday that i started paying more attention to Guns n roses besides listening to jungle every now and then.

I got into them and Axl's unique voice via friends at school, we were listening to AFD and also illusions-albums that came out. While that music is very good, I really got a renwed intrest for GunsnRoses when I saw them on the 'End of Days'-soundtrack and that Axl was playing with musicians like Buckethead and Chris Pitman.

Wow-feeling can you say...

I also do believe Buckethead is not gettting the recognition that he deserve, moving on...

there is no NEW GNR or OLD GNR,

I agree with this or I feel insulted by those who exclude BH from 'old-gnr'.

It's like those who disregard Rammstein, Hanzel und Gretyl etc from rock music, very arrogant imo.

One of the reasons i respect you is because you're always true to yourself, if less money means not seeling out then be it ! Stay true, stay Axl.

Sorry for not making my own thread, but I chip on this. Respect for the integrity, altho I was disapointed with CD due to too much classic rocksongs, less creative usage of the guitar (hey, I am a hardcore Buckethead fan thanks to Axl opening my eyes for him, don't shoot!) and soft music.

I agree (as a fan) with Axl declining due to the charracters being inducted. Either they induct the AFD line-up, which is the defining gunsnroses album and the album with the most mainstream impact, or they include more gunsnroses-members. @reunion: Where is Buckethead?

hihi

Seriosuly, I hope Axl shed light on his professional relationship with the guitarist.

I deeply wish to see him on stage with Axl Rose again and I am hoping to hear Oh My God played live again. Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:11:49 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »

thank u all
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

Can't stand all this bashing of Axl to be honest, people don't understand that its time to move on, I love the new band! And if Axl accepted the award it would tarnished what Axl was trying to do with this new band, Axl doesn't owe us anything here, cos it was his award he can do what he pleases, it just goes to show that Axl has a great level of integrity, if I didn't like former band mates I probably would show up either

EEEERRRR Little boy
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »

wouldn't*

EEEERRRR Little boy
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 12:11:44 PM »

Can't stand all this bashing of Axl to be honest, people don't understand that its time to move on, I love the new band! And if Axl accepted the award it would tarnished what Axl was trying to do with this new band, Axl doesn't owe us anything here, cos it was his award he can do what he pleases, it just goes to show that Axl has a great level of integrity, if I didn't like former band mates I probably would show up either

he simply doesnt sell out just to make things that other people wanna make him do  Smiley good post
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 07:17:26 AM »

Kanudo  peace

Portugal has a lots of hard-fans ... people who really supports GN'R ... I  can't understand why there's no show scheduled for Portugal in 2012  Cry

team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 07:38:54 AM »

Kanudo  peace

Portugal has a lots of hard-fans ... people who really supports GN'R ... I  can't understand why there's no show scheduled for Portugal in 2012  Cry

gunner my brother Cheesy we're a long way from home but yet...we have found each other :p
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 08:04:22 AM »

great letter!  ok

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22