Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 11:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228028 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is ?new philosophy for GnR?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is ?new philosophy for GnR?  (Read 12486 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 01:08:48 PM »

Anyone think GN'R are actually recording music for a new album now? I know they have a bunch of shows coming up but, you think they are actually making an effort to "put the pen to the paper" and actually making something special in the studio currently. Jarmo?

I would love to at least know that this is something Axl is actively trying to put together and is passionate about it. What... are we coming on 5 years since Chinese Democracy? These wild 3 hour shows are great but you know...

There was an expectation that Chinese Democracy would be followed by this wave of other new music. Axl said as much in his chats. But I'm not surprised we haven't heard about anything. Look at how much trouble it took to get CD out. And the bridge between Axl and the record company doesn't just seem burned at this point, it's been nuclear incinerated.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »

Anyone think GN'R are actually recording music for a new album now?

Dj's at home in Las Vegas, Bumblefoot is in Jersey, Frank is in Germany on tour with Nena... No, I don't think so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »

Do you think they will basically work on the left over material from CD? Or basically start from scratch in the recording studio to see what they come up with. I think this will be a tricky for Axl and the band considering all the tinkering that occurred on the material on CD. It seems like they have a bunch of material in the vault. I just hope for their sake they don't have to go through what they went through with CD.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »

When will you address your absurd claims that Axl needs to approve every interview band members do?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

Dj's at home in Las Vegas, Bumblefoot is in Jersey, Frank is in Germany on tour with Nena... No, I don't think so.

/jarmo

Doesn't mean Axl can't put out the rest of the Chinese tracks at any point, like Ron said he'd do if he were in charge.  Wink
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »

he was talking for a while about a video for Better. but it never came out.

Anyone know why?

this was a few managers ago though so maybe the ball just got dropped here or there.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »

/jarmo

It's not the best way to do it, but people have recorded albums together without ever being in the same country before thanks to the wonders of e-mail.

I don't think they're recording, either, though. Just saying it's not outside the realm of possibility. Smiley
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »

There is something wrong with this balance between artist-band having to give from one side and fans from the other, wanting, wanting more, wanting different,
I got seriously in trouble in the past with that cause I couldnt give, give, give , give. It drains the blood out of your system if anyone can understands but whateva

so I suppose you dont need philoshophy new or old or the same, you need new material? 7 in specific in this topic?  Undecided

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »

Jarmo, I did not say Axl has to approve everything the members say and do. Do not take it so literal, it was not meant as an absolute. But do consider the typical answers to most of their interviews they are vague and they never know anything for sure... Question... So when are you guys going to record. Typical Answer... I don't know we have a lot of material written blah blah blah. Question, so until when do you guys plan on touring CD, typical answer... I don't know we are taking it day by day and having fun touring Europe meeting fans bla bla bla. They don't elaborate on specifics of what goes on in the band until Axl says it himself, books a tour, says he will record. So yes they do interviews here and there but they know not to give specifics about songs they may have recorded or worked on or that they plan on working on. They do not get into the dynamics of the recording or writing process for whatever reason. I know they tweet stuff about their side projects and pictures with fans and that kind of stuff but I don't think we get that inside look into the band because Axl wants it that way. And that's fine and his prerogative. Again it's just an observation as to how GnR operates. That is not a knock on Axl or the line up so don't make it out to be that.

My impression of the way business is conducted in GnR is that things are done on Axl's watch. We are discussing what is GnRs next move. Do you think DJ is going to make that call? Do you think bumble foot can tell Axl to let's go to the studio. My opinion is that the line up definitely can input creatively and speak freely, but Axl will do what he want and if they disagree there is the door. That happened with bucket, brain, robin. Whenever they wanted to get the band going whether recording or touring
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »

GnR's next move is to tour this summer.  I dont think Axl is in a rush to release new material anytime soon. I would imagine there are bigger things at play with record labels and such. With the release of CD, he did not seem very happy at all with the label and I would imagine that relationship needs some tlc lol.

If I was betting on a release date for new material...I would say 2015-2016..

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 03:43:17 AM »

Jarmo, I did not say Axl has to approve everything the members say and do. Do not take it so literal, it was not meant as an absolute. But do consider the typical answers to most of their interviews they are vague and they never know anything for sure... Question... So when are you guys going to record. Typical Answer... I don't know we have a lot of material written blah blah blah. Question, so until when do you guys plan on touring CD, typical answer... I don't know we are taking it day by day and having fun touring Europe meeting fans bla bla bla. They don't elaborate on specifics of what goes on in the band until Axl says it himself, books a tour, says he will record. So yes they do interviews here and there but they know not to give specifics about songs they may have recorded or worked on or that they plan on working on. They do not get into the dynamics of the recording or writing process for whatever reason. I know they tweet stuff about their side projects and pictures with fans and that kind of stuff but I don't think we get that inside look into the band because Axl wants it that way. And that's fine and his prerogative. Again it's just an observation as to how GnR operates. That is not a knock on Axl or the line up so don't make it out to be that.

My impression of the way business is conducted in GnR is that things are done on Axl's watch. We are discussing what is GnRs next move. Do you think DJ is going to make that call? Do you think bumble foot can tell Axl to let's go to the studio. My opinion is that the line up definitely can input creatively and speak freely, but Axl will do what he want and if they disagree there is the door. That happened with bucket, brain, robin. Whenever they wanted to get the band going whether recording or touring

The man has a point. I would make the same one anyway.

It was exactly the same in the years before CD was released & it's not very pleasant. It would be nice to know what's going on, if there are plans to record new music, to release older recordings, etc. Hell, even tour dates are announced sparingly. Why not announced a whole tour at once?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »

Jarmo, I did not say Axl has to approve everything the members say and do. Do not take it so literal, it was not meant as an absolute.

Sure did come across that way.

My impression of the way business is conducted in GnR is that things are done on Axl's watch. We are discussing what is GnRs next move. Do you think DJ is going to make that call? Do you think bumble foot can tell Axl to let's go to the studio.

And that's new how?

I'm sure all band members' input is important.

Every time Axl for example has talked about hopes and ideas for the future, it's been taken as promises. When he says he hopes to do something next year, it's taken as he promised you personally to do it.

There's a reason they stopped saying certain things...

Why not announced a whole tour at once?

Often artists do that and it's still not the full itinerary.

With space in between shows.

And then people start guessing what it all means.

/jarmo

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »

Well as bands get older , some will tour for months and take a break. Rose is 50 years old now. He's not 25 and can go on massive world tours like Illusion that stretched for 2+ years. I think the schedule and band he has now , all seem to like how they tour now. Go for 5-8 months , take a month and half off ...come back tour for another 3-5 months.

I do hope after the summer shows they start work on the next album. I would hope that by the time the summer run begins , Rose has worked some issues with the label out and once its over , they can walk into the studio. I think a big step towards fixing some things would be to let Rose do what he wanted originally with Chinese Democracy. To make it a double album.

That if he does a Chinese Democracy Vol.2 , its a 2 disc album with a lot of reworked tracks from those sessions and some new material mixed in from Ashba and company.
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, and that is the problem.i know, they are playing 3-hour show, and stuff like that, but they should proof there studio quality with a new album

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 10:38:31 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, and that is the problem.i know, they are playing 3-hour show, and stuff like that, but they should proof there studio quality with a new album

But this particular lineup hasn't ( to my knowledge ) recorded or spent a lot of time in the studio together. I would imagine Axl has a ton of material with post CD songs and what DJ has been writing. In Axl's 09' interview he was asked about releasing new material

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [Sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

You're not saying much.

You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

When he says its not something we've focused on, I believe him, especially with all the touring they have done and continue to do. And with the relationship between him and his label, I would imagine that new music from GnR , as much as everyone including his bandmates would like to get one out.. I just dont see it happening anytime soon.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »

Rose is 50 years old now. He's not 25 and can go on massive world tours like Illusion that stretched for 2+ years. I think the schedule and band he has now , all seem to like how they tour now. Go for 5-8 months , take a month and half off ...come back tour for another 3-5 months.  

The human body is not designed for such changes in such short period of time, non-stop. I haven't done a world tour yet mainly due to the fact that I don't have a band, although some people could not just get it from time to time (!) that this is a fact, but I have been around for 30? gigs or so in about 1 month without stopping and I pretty much reconsidered about a few things in life. I did really wanted to though , cause it was the anniversary of a very special tour to me regardless, it worn the SHIT out of me in a very special way! lol  I wasn't obviously hoping into a tour bus & having others to do things for me, which surely helps, I had to arrange things on my own for everything but still, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in relation to physical strength benchmarking - (& not only!) So, by being just 28 years old - & next too young to let love my break aha - mind you tough, I was free from alcohol and drugs & I was seriously thinking in between to stop! But something made me to stand up and continue, something made me to carry on & as long as you have this fire burning in your heart, your mind whatever, you don't need anything else. Point being; it has taken time of my life away, and I am not joking you, cause you get older than you truly are, at least this was how it worked for me, no drugs, sex & RnR , FUCK THAT PUKE, I was just travelling solo maestro but when you are on the road, you pay the price and even if you can withstand it mentally, your body doesn't quite agree to what you do travelling all the time like some madman lol    

So, I don't think that Axl has a problem now any more or less he may have had in the past, because he is 50 nowdays  - I love you  haha! He could do a world tour, if simply he had set his mind to do it. I ll put it this way: there is nothing he cannot do, if he really wants to & if does believe into to it.
This is what I consider one of his biggest strengths & I always admired him for this & I am proud to say that he is my idol. Some people characterize him in different ways, but there is always more than just one way at looking at things. What I know for sure, is that when people don't get what they want from those who expect to be givers, they simply stop thinking logically , and this also is another difficult aspect to it, at least in my opinion! Dealing with people's madness! But just like with everything and everyone else, regardless if you are in a band or not, there is a price to pay & I think he has already done this. However, the reward is that you don't have anything to fear. What I also learnt is that philosophy and rnr dont really go together that much, I mean you really try, I don't want to spoil it for anyone but 9 years 'on the road', that's what I have learnt! They dont match, as much as you may goddamn fuckin want to! So , you know what, what-the-fuck-ever!

(Marla, the cancer in my life! My name is not 'Tyler Durden! & I do not have a band, 'Becky'! Geezus...... 'Becky will never get it. Even if I will compose a song with the band I dont have called 'Things are not the way you think that they are',  'Becky'will not be able to get it, and this is absolutely fine with me nowdays.......) Sorry for the lecture. You got an exclusive btw.... I havent spoken for that stuff, erm never.

So again, thank you Axl for the letters!.......... 

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:04:49 AM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

So who was that calling me an idiot?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »

When's the next album?

So who was that calling me an idiot?

Axl. Smiley

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

don't know how accurate Tommy's quote is but he says there are 22 other songs from the Chinese sessions that haven't been released.

""Stinson says that there?s ?a bunch? of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded - ?some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not? - in addition to 22 songs recorded during the ?Chinese Democracy? process that were not included on the album." - Tommy, 11/13/11

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 03:18:22 PM »

I'm not expecting anything just happy they are touring but you cant argue the fact that it is time for some new tunes. Not saying or expecting that they do; but it would be cool if they threw some new songs in the mix........I love CD but they been playing most of that album since 2001.  Granted we got estranged civil crazy & used to love her............I'm hoping for some new stuff this summer.............Bring on soul monster or whatever else is hiding up the sleeve............

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print