Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Stephen King
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stephen King  (Read 4854 times)
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »

One of my favorite quotes: " This world, all worlds. And many bulls in each one. These myths hum with truth, Rosie. That's their power. That's why they survive."

However, what is most mindblowing is that this specific reference was also used in the book called The Tower, which is just a fantastic storytelling trilogy I found in the selves of a bookstore in 2004..... I had bought this book and I was thinking of handing it over to someone very special to me as a gift but then I thought that it wouldn't be such a good idea.... & as I learnt he is more into history after all which didn't really surprised me.

Loved his books, not each and every one of them but most of them. Any thoughts? ~

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:53:23 PM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »

I liked Rose Madder up until the end... but I'm a huge Stephen King fan and I know there are a few on this site. The Stand, IT, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Pet Sematary, Misery, and The Dark Tower series are all great... just to name a few.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »

Did you read all 3 books from Dark Tower?

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »

There are 7 books from the Dark Tower series with a new one coming out at the end of this month... which takes place between books 4 and 5, I think. Currently, I have read through the first 4 books.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:34:13 PM »

Up there with Hemingway and Fitzgerald as one of my all-time favorites.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 06:07:52 PM »

There are 7 books from the Dark Tower series with a new one coming out at the end of this month... which takes place between books 4 and 5, I think. Currently, I have read through the first 4 books. 

It seems that I am a bit left behind. Maybe I need to catch up, slightly. Now who can possibly have ever thought of this?

Thank you for your reply Lennon.

Any favorite? Have you read for example the book Needful things? Funny how it turned out that for the whole story to complete full circle one pet was sacrificed rally!

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

It seems that I am a bit left behind. Maybe I need to catch up, slightly. Now who can possibly have ever thought of this?

Any favorite? Have you read for example the book Needful things? Funny how it turned out that for the whole story to complete full circle one pet was sacrificed rally!

I actually love Needful Things... one of my favorites.

As for an all-time favorite though... maybe Salem's Lot. It was the first King book I read and probably the one I've re-read the most. The Eyes of the Dragon is another one of my favorites I didn't mention. The Stand, of course, is AMAZING.

3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »

I actually love Needful Things... one of my favorites.

As for an all-time favorite though...maybe Salem's Lot. It was the first King book I read and probably the one I've re-read the most. The Eyes of the Dragon is another one of my favorites I didn't mention. The Stand, of course, is AMAZING. 

The best comment I ve heard was by someone at a grocery store telling me that his books was not written by Stephen K. So I turned around and looked at him & asked him why, and he replied: "every week I get on the shelves a new book, there is no way he has written them all by himself! "   

So I was prewarned by a random person what I had to expect for everything I wasnt aware of in relation to his writing skills. I did however go into RESEARCH and found that he had an long bibliography, some people dont do this process in their mind but its never Stephen King's fault. & neither the Booksellers, even in a parallel universe Smiley

I really liked Insomnia but havent re-read any more of his books for a long time now although that I would like to. No time. Nothing to do with Stephen King being boring,
I used to be a member of a fan club in relation to fantasy books and horror , fantasia nervosa remix, so anyway somehow those members thought I have turned my back to them, which I didnt. I just found other things to do because people change, it quite simple for those who have encountered this special change, to everyone else it is likely that it wont be acceptable.

Any favorite quotes on your favorite book? 

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »

One of my favorite quotes from The Stand:

?Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.?

3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »

Beautiful and poetic but don't agree, I am not that poetic anymore since I read that article from MTV on HOF about Axl, I just cant sleep anymore.  rofl

How did you find Dark Tower, man they were heavy! I have not read them all and I hardly doubt that I will. Too much fantasia for me, and the vocabulary its way of my knowledge!! Where did he find these words? Although this was 8 years ago and my English have improved kinda

zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 01:15:21 AM »

Read all 7 DT books in July '09 while in summer school for gr 11 geometry. Feel kinda bad for the folks who had to wait yeeeeeeeaaars to finish it  hihi
#4 Wizard & Glass was definietely my favourite. the first was written the best. the last couple he kind of slacked on I think. When he tells you to stop reading : STOP! trust me on that one.

If you ever read The Stand , make sure you get the long uncut version!! should be more than 850 pages instead of like 6 or 7 hundred. my favourite
part is the anology about the rabbit and the prisoner.

the eye of the dragon is also pretty good ( King Roland Wink ) I really enjoy his short stories and novellas Hearts in Atlantis contains 4 great stories, the first mildly related to the Dark Tower. Thats what I love about his books. he ties them all together and explains it with the DT series Smiley

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »

I read The Stand 20 years ago and it was  great. My ucle was into SK when I was a kid and peaked my interest. Other than that I remember movies like Cujo freaking me out!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »

he ties them all together and explains it with the DT series Smiley 

He does what? He ties them altogether? And explains it in the Dark Tower? Am I just paralyzed or it must be the Ganza of the Kangooroo Court I didn't sow up & hence wasn't ripped. This thing, uknown story, infact every unknown story of King makes me to scare myself pointless! You see, I keep in a special place Stephen King's books! one under my bed, one on the roof of my house, and one under my pillow just in case, any random fictional characters might freak out on the internets from time to time. I know how to keep all good things in life. So, in the cellar, along with good wines, right next to the Bible, I have King! Gotta love the King!!! Infact, if it wasnt for King, I would have been sucked into the Galaxy by a Black Hole , where not even light itself can escape, let alone King's fantasies! Imagine this for geometry class of time & space of existence for a 11 year old! Imagine you were empty spaced and someone , like a random planet for example wanted to land onto you and stay there for a while , imagine how much fusion this friction would have caused if no ancient Greek mariner would start digging and challenging BASE ideas? I feel sorry for empty space but whatever floats Uncle's Sam & the bulletfreaks goddamn rap landspeeder! - These were NOT the Droids I would looking for, Mr. Lucas. Sorry, someone got mixed up with the fantasies! At least on this occasion its me & its feels great! 

I was mainly freaking out in Bag of Bones. I got a problem with sounds. That's why I am listening to rock you see. I am in general problematic. In my previous life,  as a summer butterfly who lived for a day and reincarnated into worm, out of bad Karma, I met up with someone who was mainly into classic music and all that jazz and he was dissing shitless something over... rock about it. So anyway, I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears, it was going to choke me.... that cradle that it rocked! Oh no, how can I get confused, it wasnt a cradle, it was a swing! Fuck that swing. Infact, fuck all the swings in Maine,,, whats his problem with Maine? There are many cities in US of A, for example Detroit. I personally have an obsession with Detroit. I love cars back and forth. If I had one of those Pal Mal now for example, I would have stick it to Marla's mouth for free! THERE ARE MANY CITIES IN US OF A, not just Maine, Mr. King! Who does he think he really is at the very end? I disagree with him, strongly, wanting to refer to Maine on EVERY single book! It makes the reader bored. & out of his HEAD. Infact, in another galaxy, space & time!

Brrrrr! Scary stuff.

I think you are right. I think I have to stop scaring myself with fiction pointless and STOP reading!

zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »

He does what? He ties them altogether? And explains it in the Dark Tower? Am I just paralyzed or it must be the Ganza of the Kangooroo Court I didn't sow up & hence wasn't ripped. This thing, uknown story, infact every unknown story of King makes me to scare myself pointless! You see, I keep in a special place Stephen King's books! one under my bed, one on the roof of my house, and one under my pillow just in case, any random fictional characters might freak out on the internets from time to time. I know how to keep all good things in life. So, in the cellar, along with good wines, right next to the Bible, I have King! Gotta love the King!!! Infact, if it wasnt for King, I would have been sucked into the Galaxy by a Black Hole , where not even light itself can escape, let alone King's fantasies! Imagine this for geometry class of time & space of existence for a 11 year old! Imagine you were empty spaced and someone , like a random planet for example wanted to land onto you and stay there for a while , imagine how much fusion this friction would have caused if no ancient Greek mariner would start digging and challenging BASE ideas? I feel sorry for empty space but whatever floats Uncle's Sam & the bulletfreaks goddamn rap landspeeder! - These were NOT the Droids I would looking for, Mr. Lucas. Sorry, someone got mixed up with the fantasies! At least on this occasion its me & its feels great! 

I was mainly freaking out in Bag of Bones. I got a problem with sounds. That's why I am listening to rock you see. I am in general problematic. In my previous life,  as a summer butterfly who lived for a day and reincarnated into worm, out of bad Karma, I met up with someone who was mainly into classic music and all that jazz and he was dissing shitless something over... rock about it. So anyway, I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears, it was going to choke me.... that cradle that it rocked! Oh no, how can I get confused, it wasnt a cradle, it was a swing! Fuck that swing. Infact, fuck all the swings in Maine,,, whats his problem with Maine? There are many cities in US of A, for example Detroit. I personally have an obsession with Detroit. I love cars back and forth. If I had one of those Pal Mal now for example, I would have stick it to Marla's mouth for free! THERE ARE MANY CITIES IN US OF A, not just Maine, Mr. King! Who does he think he really is at the very end? I disagree with him, strongly, wanting to refer to Maine on EVERY single book! It makes the reader bored. & out of his HEAD. Infact, in another galaxy, space & time!

Brrrrr! Scary stuff.

I think you are right. I think I have to stop scaring myself with fiction pointless and STOP reading!

wow haha how high were You when you wrote that ?  rofl

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 03:13:33 AM »

Brrrrr! Scary stuff.

I love you

Broski
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: