Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal talks Gear, Guitar Making, and Mus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal talks Gear, Guitar Making, and Mus  (Read 1451 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: April 26, 2012, 05:04:42 PM »

Guns N' Roses Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal talks Gear, Guitar Making, and Music

http://localmusicgearstoreinterviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot.html

?It really was like such a balance of sounds where, if I was playing something I had to watch not to step on the vocals, don?t step on the lead, don?t step on this instrument?but when I did it, it gave me a chance to use the fretless guitar and add something that I felt was my own spirit to it,? Ron said of the Chinese Democracy album. ?I don?t want to just play for the sake of playing.? He added that the album pioneers the use of fretless guitar.

?One thing I think is really cool is Chinese Democracy is the first major-label release that has a fretless guitar as a major part,? Ron said. ?So I felt like, ?okay, I added something that made the album special. I did something that made me feel like my DNA was part of this child.?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »

Yeah, he's right. I never thought about that before. CD is pretty much the only album released on a major label that has fretless guitar on it that I can think of.

Broski
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »

The album probably has more guitars on it than most albums that are considered "guitar oriented".

Ironic...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »

I would love one day to dissect every track on that album to hear how it all came together.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: