Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is ?new philosophy for GnR?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is ?new philosophy for GnR?  (Read 12241 times)
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2012, 03:42:42 PM »

where is this excerpt from ?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:23:37 AM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »

February 27th, 2009
spinner.com Axl interview by Del James

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »

thank you very much!

ok I read it.

Axl's content was IMPERSONAL, not towards a specific fan & this was in 2009? Axl did not say in this interview, use my line 3 years afterwards towards a specific fan in your forum because you are an admin. you are hurting people unintentionally. do you understand?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:36:18 PM by 3STRANG3D » Logged

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2012, 05:12:09 PM »

Axl's content was IMPERSONAL, not towards a specific fan & this was in 2009? Axl did not say in this interview, use my line 3 years afterwards towards a specific fan in your forum because you are an admin. you are hurting people unintentionally. do you understand?

Get a clue.

I answered to the question who said what was quoted. Nowhere did I claim Axl said that about the poster in person.

Stop following me around and pointing out my "mistakes".  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »

Get a clue. I answered to the question who said what was quoted. Nowhere did I claim Axl said that about the poster in person.

Stop following me around and pointing out my "mistakes".  ok

/jarmo 

I do not follow you around correcting your mistakes. I am not your teacher or your mamma. OK, then, you confimed and I understood now.
Geejuz......

XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »

Anyone think GN'R are actually recording music for a new album now

Has it been 14 years already?

Id much rather be arguing over which song off the NEW cd is btter, than arguing over this pointless shit.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »

Based on previous comments made by Axl, even back a decade ago, I think it was evident that their plan was to do a world tour after the album was released.  Since the release they've done Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, South America, Mexico, US, etc.  Now they're doing one more round in Europe for the summer festival circuit, and we'll see what happens. 

Funny thing is that people used to complain that they didn't tour.  Now touring isn't exciting enough without a new album. 

Guns doesn't really need studio time to release a new album.  It's well known that they have another album's worth of material that's either finished or close to it (based on comments from the band members).  So I imagine it comes down to business issues with Interscope in terms of new music.

It would be cool if, after the tour wraps, they could get the rest of the CD era music released and go to work on a new album with the current lineup.  But the record industry is a joke right now and they're forced to deal with Interscope ,who badly botched the release of the last album (e.g. releasing an album booklet full of errors when a correct version was available).  It would be a lot easier if they were able to go the independent route but it is what it is
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »

Guns doesn't really need studio time to release a new album.  It's well known that they have another album's worth of material that's either finished or close to it (based on comments from the band members).  So I imagine it comes down to business issues with Interscope in terms of new music.

It would be cool if, after the tour wraps, they could get the rest of the CD era music released and go to work on a new album with the current lineup.  But the record industry is a joke right now and they're forced to deal with Interscope ,who badly botched the release of the last album (e.g. releasing an album booklet full of errors when a correct version was available).  It would be a lot easier if they were able to go the independent route but it is what it is

Exactly! In theory, we could get an album literally as soon as Axl and the label come to terms.  Especially when you consider that initially Axl wanted to put the next one out a year apart from Chinese.  This fall marks four years.   You would hope he has something in the works...nervous...soon.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »

Exactly! In theory, we could get an album literally as soon as Axl and the label come to terms.  Especially when you consider that initially Axl wanted to put the next one out a year apart from Chinese.  This fall marks four years.   You would hope he has something in the works...nervous...soon.

Last I read about a new album, Axl said that as far as a new album, it was something that they have not focused on.  and actually as far as releasing a new album  one year later he said something along the lines of.."maybe next year, same bat time- same bat channel"- not that he wanted to. When Del did his interview with him in '09  he said he didnt know and didnt care  and that he'd like to get another one out in this life time.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:43:32 PM by Verasa » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »

Last I read about a new album, Axl said that as far as a new album, it was something that they have not focused on.  and actually as far as releasing a new album  one year later he said something along the lines of.."maybe next year, same bat time- same bat channel"- not that he wanted to. When Del did his interview with him in '09  he said he didnt know and didnt care  and that he'd like to get another one out in this life time.

Yes, he also said in 2006 that they were working on 32 songs, 26 of which were "almost done."

Tommy said in late 2011 that they have remaining 22 songs from the CD era recorded, and a "bunch" of material that is written but not recorded.  This corresponds with what Axl said in 2006.  The follow up may not be 100% complete but it's gotta be close.  I think it is logical to conclude that they have enough material that it wouldn't take much if any recording time for them to put out a new album.  They may need to complete some things on the production/mixing side. 

But, like I said, getting it released is another thing.  They made their displeasure with Interscope clear following the way the release of CD was handled,  so who knows what their relationship with the label at this point.  The ongoing changes within the music industry could make things "interesting."  Go to the Interscope website and the first two products you see them pushing are not even music, it's the Beats by Dre headphones and some coffee table book about women's asses  hihi

Actually as I look more at the website, GnR is no longer listed on Interscope/Geffen's "Artists" webpage, and only comes up if you search for them (and all information that comes up dates back to 2008).  But, they are listed on Universal's page.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:33:55 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »

My guess is this (and this is just my guess):

GNR will tour Asia/Europe and continue the momentum of this tour.  Then they will come back and take a few months to gather themselves and then I beleive everyone will be ready to start the next page in GNR studio recordings.  I predict this will be a rocker that will will be appease both young and old GNR fans by combining the bext attributes of both eras in terms of sound.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2012, 03:33:25 PM »

GnR should have encouraged the fans to make videos and had them submit it for judging by the band. '

There was a disappearing act more than there was a lack of promotion, but I think he was fearing the worst, an expectation of a "worst of all time" (maybe?) from the critics, was pissed off at how things were being handled by the record company, The video didn't come out the way Axl liked it, so it's sitting on a shelf. It could've been used as background at the shows at least!

Nothing wrong with Pearl Jam, all explained in the PJ20 why Vedder escaped the hype machine, but he had the support of the record company. He didn't want to be the face of Pearl Jam because it wasn't HIS band, it's Stone Gossard's and Jeff Ament's band. Same how Phil Collins is about Genesis, he joked about it not being his band plenty of times. Pearl Jam are kind of like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - you know you get a good show, it'll be a lot of fun, and it's sort of where GnR are at - all about the live gigs.

Music videos are borderline irrelevant. Festival shows are where people see bands. GnR can sell live streaming shows for a few bucks at a random gig... I think that's great for those who can't go, or can't afford to go, or stay out late. Not the concert experience, but you're watching it as it happens.

Maybe GnR can do a "Storytellers" type show where they can capture the Up Close and Personal on TV, but then everyone's asses are going to be in seats. I think that would be cool because Axl can talk about the songs for a little bit. Those shows don't get edited that heavily, sometimes they take a song or two out, but it's usually one take and they're done.

New music's only going to happen if they can make money back on it.  And he's sitting on songs that Geffen could pull the "we own the tapes" card if they prove they were recorded from 95-08. He has enough songs to take him into retirement, and prob. still writing new ones.

Expect one or two new ones to show up on a soundtrack or benefit CD.

What is  new philosophy for GnR?

When GnR started And began getting big, part of their success was making videos and doing a lot of interviews. In doing so they became the biggest band in the world. After Axl revamped GnR he seems to have changed his philosophy in thant he no longer wants to be the biggest band in the world (at least it appears that way for me). I know Mtv is not what it used to be, but I still would have loved for Axl to have made some videos for CD. I always enjoyed viewing Axl and GnRs vision through their videos. I think with today's technology they could have made some great videos with CD catalog. I also wish the rest of the members and even Axl would do more press and interviews so they can get to know more about the guys and what is going on internally in the GnR world. Maybe do some unplugged shows that get televised or go on Saturday Night live and the late night shows to further introduce this band. The lack of promotion and press for CD was very surpising consisering all the years of hard work put into the album. Unfortunately, GnR has become somewhat like Pearl Jam (which is another favorite band of mine so it is not knock just an observation) who tries to stay below the radar by not doing videos. It's almost like they do not want to be popular or are too concerned about selling out. Which we know GnR is anything but sellouts. anyways thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:35:31 PM by raindogs70 » Logged
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »

Didn't he say in the VH1 interview that he didn't release any videos for CD as he wanted the fans to experience the music, and make their own stories for the songs? I paraphase immensely, of course.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »

Didn't he say in the VH1 interview that he didn't release any videos for CD as he wanted the fans to experience the music, and make their own stories for the songs? I paraphase immensely, of course.

They made "videos" for the screens, but I just think the days of NEEDING to make a video for your music has kind of passed. Live events do way more to promote a band, but in GnR's case, that hasn't exactly worked in their favor when it comes to festivals. 

They're doing what they can, in their way, to get the music out there, and LA Times kind of spelled out what was going on this year - the Rock Hall, more touring, and fishing around for a record deal, and that's not really a big priority.

Go see the shows & enjoy it, because once they do decide to go ahead with recording, who knows when they'll be back on the road.

3STRANG3D
Headliner

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »

I also think he has pretty much spelled it OUT. Oh, this diety, true & beautiful, My only Queen, Queen of Ignoramus, here I giggle, in secrecy. & total disharmony.

Artists, ALWAYS, compose, its part of who they are. Whether this will make it out alive or not, or if it is a good idea, its another story. I was going to say something philosophical but then I remembered of what I was only recently told, which was one of them ancient ones again, cynical and loyal,a true old time classic! Once upon a time, a great thinker was sitting in the Agora & people around were making so much noise, he had to stand up , and he said: Stop people! You have to choose! He said: " Freedom OR Peace! You cant have both! "  I am grateful about the Freedom. & Peace. But it could have never been Peace & Freedom. & if thats what you would like to have had, then you think about a couple of things first about people.... 

Its the sequence by all of those whispers and letters that made it out alive in the Agora, of this great Bazzar, trying to fish a record deal. 

I will go and see the shows and enjoy it. I worked for it & got my own ticket. & I paid for it. Personally. Nothing philosophical about it, just $ - I think he did spell it out, he said: Go get your own. & Peace. Freedom can last forever, peace does not. I can spell it OUT Even which would have been so odd in chances.

Maybe we are making just an assumption here & we need to accept this fact. Maybe we can just be only sure about ourselves and no one else really.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: