Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 11:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228028 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1583922 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1020 on: January 10, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »

See i would like to think it's the same as well... and forget about the Original band and move on with this New Band, but you can't compare the release of 38 songs (38!) in a 4 year period to 14 songs in a 15 year period. There's really no possible comparison!

I'll not engage in the debate side of the discussion, but to clarify the counts:

I count 50 songs released "from the begining" through UYI I and II (86 - 91).  If you count just after Appetite and through UYI 2, it's 34 (Live like a Suicide predates Appetite...so I wouldn't count the inclusion of those 4 tracks as "new" on GnR Lies..and I didn't count them twice in the 50 count).

I count 29 post UYI II (Including Spaghetti Incident, Chinese, Symphony, and Oh My God!).  And that DOESN'T include the live album which, while not new material, was certainly a new presentation of "old" material. That's 1992-2008.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1021 on: January 10, 2013, 08:16:18 AM »

Don't feed the trolls.

We all know they'd find something else to whine about if it wasn't this. Same shit.

For years they had "no new album", when they got it, it was "no shows", when they got it, it's now "no new album" and/or "not enough new songs".

Do you see a pattern here?

GN'R could release a 50 track box set and it wouldn't be enough for them. Something wouldn't be good about it. We all know this.

What does it matter how many tracks they release? Many of them aren't fans of the band anyway. They're fans of something that was and/or only exists in their own minds....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:19:30 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1022 on: January 10, 2013, 08:35:14 AM »

See i would like to think it's the same as well... and forget about the Original band and move on with this New Band, but you can't compare the release of 38 songs (38!) in a 4 year period to 14 songs in a 15 year period. There's really no possible comparison!

I'll not engage in the debate side of the discussion, but to clarify the counts:

I count 50 songs released "from the begining" through UYI I and II (86 - 91).  If you count just after Appetite and through UYI 2, it's 34 (Live like a Suicide predates Appetite...so I wouldn't count the inclusion of those 4 tracks as "new" on GnR Lies..and I didn't count them twice in the 50 count).

I count 29 post UYI II (Including Spaghetti Incident, Chinese, Symphony, and Oh My God!).  And that DOESN'T include the live album which, while not new material, was certainly a new presentation of "old" material. That's 1992-2008.

I didn't count with the Appetite songs by mistake. I meant to say between the release of Appetite and the Illusion tours.

If things had advanced in 1999 with the release of Oh My God, which Axl claims it's only a demo, then it would be normal. Or even 2001/2002. But 2008 it's a little weird and over the top. Certainly they could have managed to release it sooner. I don't think it was a record company issue at all.
Many things were documented that point to a disregard by Axl and a reckless behaviour on his part. i'm not saying he didn't have his reasons, i'm just saying that not everything he blames the record company for would justify the delay.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #1023 on: January 10, 2013, 10:19:18 AM »

As far as a new album goes, I'm kind of torn as to what kind of content I'd like to see as one of the more "dedicated" fans.

On one hand, we know there's a whole catalog out there from the CD era that I'm sure we'd all love to get our hands on.

On the other hand, it's seems that with the replacement of Buckethead and Robin, this band, given the opportunity to start fresh and write their own album would really have a solid, nasty, straight up hard rock edge to them that's been missing from music for quite a while.

Keep in mind, the CD stuff for the most part, from what I can tell, was written during Axl's late 90's, industrial fascination faze. It was great music, and one day, I would like to hear more of it.

I honestly think though, with DJ taking more of a lead in songwriting with Axl (which in interviews, seems to be the case), I think we'll see a return to a more raw rock n' roll sound. Bumble would obviously add his own twist to it, which I think could only improve on whatever could be written.

I also wouldn't mind hearing some stripped down stuff. I don't mean the whole album. When Axl goes big, he shoots for the moon, and scores a massive hit every time.

I'm not looking for a return to Appetite though. I just want to see what this band could do with a very raw, kick you in the teeth, 4 minute, knock your balls in your throat, Tommy's punk spin on bass, Frank's heavy hand on the skins kind of song.

Best case scenario for myself (and again, this is only an opinion), put out an album with 12-15 tracks. Let this band have a crack at what DJ's written, and wherever you need holes filled up, maybe pop in some of the unused CD stuff. It worked for Illusions. Songs like YCBM and Don't Cry were leftovers from Appetite, and helped transition the flow of creativity from one album to the next. Done right (And this is Axl we're talking about, so it will be), it could lead the way to a whole new phase for the band.

That being said, as far as timeline for an album's release, if the band is having fun touring, and really bonding together, whenever a new album is put together, it'll make it that much stronger. My only complaint with CD was that, with the constant changing of players in the band, there were points it felt like you were being jerked from one chorus to verse, or one song to the next. There's a certain flow with a group of musicians that really know each other, know how to play off of each other, and really have a solid musical bond. That's undeniable with this lineup. Most bands don't ever find that again. G'n'R has. When they feel the time is right, they'll push something out that's incredible (and will take far less time in the studio once it's started), and I think we'll all be blown away.

And so will the haters.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1024 on: January 10, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »

i'm not saying he didn't have his reasons, i'm just saying that not everything he blames the record company for would justify the delay.

yeah maybe he just want to live his life, is it really hard to understand?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1025 on: January 10, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »

I don't know if anyone will ever get the actual number of songs written and recorded.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1026 on: January 10, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »

@Jarmo - Finally some good intel from an inside source!! I can't wait for the 50 song box set...any idea when it is being released? hihi

ps - I'm sure the troll has heard all 50 AND has the lyrics to prove it.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1027 on: January 10, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »

If it wasn't for the best buy deal we would still be waiting for Chinese Democracy. The label and best buy actually saved the product.
The best buy deal helped pay for all the expenses, and before Axl could think of another way for delaying the album, the label got the money from Best Buy, did the deal and released the cd as it was with the booklet we all know. Axl had no choice but to watch the CD being released.

If Axl had avoided it and they lost that Best Buy deal, i dunno where Axl would be today...probably would have been fired from Universal. But again that could have been a good or a bad thing. Certainly bad in terms of sales...

I think the next album will probably be involved on another negotiation with a major brand... like Best Buy or Wallmart or whatever...they'll probably be waiting for that deal to appear cause they know Axl will take a long time to release something anyway...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1028 on: January 10, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »

Im the complete opposite mindset.

I believe CD is a somewhat uneven album cause you have such different players tackling it.. Robin To Bucket to Ron etc etc...

With the cohesiveness and chemistry this band developed... I really believe an album would be tighter and just better overall. More guitar riffs more of a GNR type sound

D, I think you and I are on the same page. This is what I pretty much said in a previous post on this thread. CD was good, but too many lineup changes occurred during the making of the album. It was disjointed and as a result there wasn't really anything that withstands the test of time. The stability of this lineup and the chemistry can make it a pretty good album. I also think that with this lineup Axl can go back to the bread and butter of being Guns N' Roses and doing some experimentations.         
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1029 on: January 10, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »

Guns could release 4 albums tomorrow and I'm am 100% sure someone would bitch and say that isn't good enough. Why can't people just be happy with what they get when they get it?

Oh stop.  I don't see anyone REALLY bitching.  Your HAPPY with 1 album in the last 17plus years??

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1030 on: January 10, 2013, 09:52:34 PM »

Let them finish touring Chinese around the world, before they start working on a new album.  Some countries haven't seen the band since Chinese came out.  I think that's what they're concentrating on now.  Then when the time is right, they will go into the studio and make a new record.

Australia has already seen them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:57:12 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1031 on: January 11, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »

Guns could release 4 albums tomorrow and I'm am 100% sure someone would bitch and say that isn't good enough. Why can't people just be happy with what they get when they get it?

Oh stop.  I don't see anyone REALLY bitching.  Your HAPPY with 1 album in the last 17plus years??

Happy? Yes, of course.

I think the problem is that some feel like they'd be "happier" with more. Is your happiness really dependent on how many albums GN'R releases?

David Bowie just announced a new album, his first in about a decade. Makes me wonder if his fans bitched for almost ten years about no shows or no album....

Artists are human too. Why can't you let them be that?

Why is it that some fans feel like they have the right to decide when an artist should present his/her work publicly? Like "it's been too long, release an album now".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1032 on: January 11, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »

Happy? Yes, of course.

I think the problem is that some feel like they'd be "happier" with more. Is your happiness really dependent on how many albums GN'R releases?

David Bowie just announced a new album, his first in about a decade. Makes me wonder if his fans bitched for almost ten years about no shows or no album....

Why is it that some fans feel like they have the right to decide when an artist should present his/her work publicly? Like "it's been too long, release an album now".

/jarmo

It's human nature to want more of what you enjoy.

In interviews I've read, David Bowie had all but retired from music.

Guns N' Roses never technically broke up. The reality is that this is an entirely new band that has next to nothing to do with classic GN'R, but the popular opinion on this site is that GN'R never broke up, so we will run with that.

It's a simple fact that (1) album in 15 years is far below the normal output of any "active" band.
No one is demanding a new album. Stating your opinions/hopes/wishes to other fans that have nothing to do with band operations isn't demanding anything.

The fact that people to this day are even the least bit interested is a positive. Current GN'R should be ecstatic there is any interest at all because they have done very little to generate it themselves.

This may differ from the popular opinion here, but doesn't make it a complaint.
As I've said before, I consider Guns N' Roses dead as a creative entity. To me, they are a fabulous live act.
Axl and company have earned both reputations over the years. If they decide to get back in the saddle, great. I'd love nothing more than to hear fresh material out of Axl.
Just not holding my breath.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1033 on: January 11, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »

I don't understand why its such a difficult concept for people.  Just be happy with whatever you get out of any current/former members of GNR.  Its their lives and I think they have earned the right to do nothing if that is what they want to do. 

I have said it several times, just because I wasn't thrilled with some of the GNR shows I went to last year doesn't mean I didn't have fun or appreciate the shows.  Why get so emotionally invested with some one you likely haven't met for more than 5 seconds (if you're lucky) in your lifetime?  If they release new music, that's great!  Enjoy it.  But don't pine on and on about 'what it could have been' if they don't release anything.   
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1034 on: January 11, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »

Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Aerosmith

Never technically "broke up" - all have had 7 years or more between albums during their careers.

I'd love a new album this year but I'm not going to lose any sleep if we don't get it. People need to stop acting like they're owed shit.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1035 on: January 11, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »

Happy? Yes, of course.

/jarmo

In interviews I've read, David Bowie had all but retired from music.

Guns N' Roses never technically broke up. The reality is that this is an entirely new band that has next to nothing to do with classic GN'R, but the popular opinion on this site is that GN'R never broke up, so we will run with that.

It's a simple fact that (1) album in 15 years is far below the normal output of any "active" band.
No one is demanding a new album. Stating your opinions/hopes/wishes to other fans that have nothing to do with band operations isn't demanding anything.

The fact that people to this day are even the least bit interested is a positive. Current GN'R should be ecstatic there is any interest at all because they have done very little to generate it themselves.

This may differ from the popular opinion here, but doesn't make it a complaint.
As I've said before, I consider Guns N' Roses dead as a creative entity. To me, they are a fabulous live act.
Axl and company have earned both reputations over the years. If they decide to get back in the saddle, great. I'd love nothing more than to hear fresh material out of Axl.
Just not holding my breath.

i wish i ahd come up with this post... i dont agree that guns n roses is necessarily dead as a creadtive entity but everything else is spot on in my opinion

and how many times does somebody has to post " you are not owed anything"? ... thats not the point

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1036 on: January 11, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »

Of course. And for some more and more and more... Without any regard or thought about what they're asking for...

Yes, the band kept going. But people who say shit like "it took them XX years" often know the story.

They know the old band ceased to exist and how the band slowly took shape over years. The old band didn't just all leave one day and the next week Axl had replaced them all. It's not how it happened!

The 2006 line up for example didn't exist in 2001. And so on. It was a process that took time, to get a working band together.

Also, everybody who points out how "negative" he fact that the album has different players on it, to me, it makes sense. It's like a snapshot of that part of GN'R's history. During the making of the album, there were different guitar players in the band, for example. It's what happened.

Now it's a different time.

Interest is good. But a lot of people make it into something negative.

Like, all of us want to hear a new album. But when we as fans start demanding one, it's kinda gone past interest...

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1037 on: January 11, 2013, 12:33:56 PM »

I hope Axl Rose gets a new album to his fans... regardless of who plays on the record... I dont care how many different guitar players and keyboard players it takes... I just hope it happens sometime soon

i dont care if it says Guns N Roses on the cover or not...or how many people think it should be called something else , i dont care if they record while on tour , not on tour, how many producers it takes

and i think the major key here is... we have heard for a long time how many songs are out there.....

so if they are out there... whats the problem ?

if the werent so many songs ...i dont think there would be so much debate and outcry as there is

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #1038 on: January 11, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »

Having a lot of songs out there doesn't mean they are all really done. You can have a song consisting only of a chorus and a riff or whatever. Or some lyrics won't fit in really. I doubt (and that's MY opinion only) that there are like 30 songs recorded, mixed, finished somewhere on the shelf collecting dust.

If you look at the song "Chinese Democracy" you can feel the addition Ron has done there. Maybe there are only snippets here and there but compared to the version that leaked it sounds much better.

You can have like 30+ songs somewhere and it still can be a pain in the ass to have them recorded the way you want to have it done.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: January 11, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »

ummm, Tommy said there were 22 other songs recorded during the chinese democracy sessions....14 on cd plus 22=36 which is roughly what Axl said to Rolling Stone in 2006....he mentioned 32 songs. There is a lot of good shit sitting in the vault.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: