Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:33:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558943 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6220 on: April 29, 2017, 08:10:36 PM »

I do believe that Slash is not recording for GNR, but that doesnt mean a new album in the future. I disagree with the concept of "just touring and no music" - it doesnt make sense. Its like they only agreed on the most demanding and tiring form of relationship with their former mate while refusing to actually make something new - which could actually happen naturally with all the touring and rehearsing.

A new album is clearly not the priority. Fine. But to assume that Slash and Duff only came back for a two year conctract just to get the money and then get back to do whatever small stuff they would do in their own doesnt make sense to me. They are not freelancers.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6221 on: April 30, 2017, 06:37:26 AM »

A new album is clearly not the priority. Fine. But to assume that Slash and Duff only came back for a two year conctract just to get the money and then get back to do whatever small stuff they would do in their own doesnt make sense to me. They are not freelancers.

But didn't things move towards a classic "now or never" type situation?

They always figured they had this in theor back pocket, but not forever.  They were getting older, their fans were getting older.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6222 on: April 30, 2017, 07:06:15 AM »

I'd add that they (the band) always knew what were good albums and as such released them knowing that a few weak songs include on the UYI albums were still going to be great sellers. They do however have one obsticle that they will miss this time around and its a biggy.

Mr Issy Stradlin.

He was a big contributor to the songs and as such without him, I could see the chemistry being somewhat having that "missing" ingredient that turns a good album into a great one. I enjoy Chinese Democracy, but it it is miles from what AFD, UYI 1&2 and TSI are in terms of direction, lyric hooks and instrumentation with Issy's input. You could say that CD was also missing Duff and Slash's contribution but I believe in the studio, whatever was put out could be perfected by any decent musician. On stage, live, is a different arguement. Matt and Steven's drumming on those albums, as has been proven could be matched by Frank who is just a Sticks Monster.  Using this example, unless Richard has something special going on in terms of creative input, Issy's absense might be a stumbling block.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6223 on: April 30, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »

Lets look at the big picture here. It will have been 2 years of touring fo the NITL tour when its done. When you release a new album from a touring perspective would take at least 1 to 2 years to tour the world which is essentially what you look to do when your a band of the stature of GNR.

Now lets all ask ourselves how many years of good touring does axl have left in him and will want to tour especially with his singing style and unfortunatly he isn't getting any younger. When and if a new album of any kind were to come out is he going to want to tour the next 3 years. Nobody wants to see new gnr material then i do but based on what a band typically does to promote a new album i.e. touring I think we will get atleast 1 more album what that consists of is anybodies guess.

The other unknown factor is this ac/dc thing and if they look to do an album of some kind with him which again does he go on tour with them.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6224 on: May 01, 2017, 04:51:53 AM »

I disagree with the concept of "just touring and no music" - it doesnt make sense.
it makes huge sense, my friend. just check how insane $$$ profits this tour makes. they can do it literally until it generates enough money for their living expenses - which can be anything between a couple of years and their death.

Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #6225 on: May 01, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »

. they can do it literally until it generates enough money for their living expenses - which can be anything between a couple of years and their death.

They are all millionaires.  Cheesy  Even if this tour never happened, I think they'd have enough for their living expenses until they die anyways...

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #6226 on: May 01, 2017, 08:16:29 AM »

Well, according to the last Tremonti (Alter Bridge guitarrist) interview, GNR will be touring the whole 2017 and then in 2018 he (Tremonti) will focus on his solo project the whole year and Myles Kennedy will focus on Slash again for a new album and possibly an tour.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6227 on: May 01, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »

Well, according to the last Tremonti (Alter Bridge guitarrist) interview, GNR will be touring the whole 2017 and then in 2018 he (Tremonti) will focus on his solo project the whole year and Myles Kennedy will focus on Slash again for a new album and possibly an tour.

While Alternative Nation is hardly what I'd consider a good news source, I will say that if a SMKC or Axl/DC album materializes before a GNR album, it's pretty safe to say that the next time we hear "new" GNR music will likely be some kind of posthumous release. Actually, I'd bet the farm on it.  No one is waiting around til' 60 something Axl decides to put out the second half of Chinese Democracy, especially if Slash doesn't play on it, no matter how curious a niche section of the fanbase is to hear it. 

It's a tried expression, but it really is "now or never" as in the next year or so.  Gotta strike while the iron's hot this time, otherwise things will no doubt quickly fizzle no matter how successful the tour has been.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:59:18 AM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6228 on: May 01, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »

They also might not be able to write together anymore.

It's been over 25 years since these guys wrote a song together.  An actual song, I'm talking.  Not these mythical supposed tapes from 1995-96 jam sessions.

If you look at Axl and Slash's most recent material, it's pretty far apart, creatively and artistically.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6229 on: May 01, 2017, 12:01:23 PM »

. they can do it literally until it generates enough money for their living expenses - which can be anything between a couple of years and their death.

They are all millionaires.  Cheesy  Even if this tour never happened, I think they'd have enough for their living expenses until they die anyways...

Irrelevant. This tour is about money- and lots of it. Tickets are expensive, venues are big. To think otherwise is crazy.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6230 on: May 01, 2017, 12:04:19 PM »

I disagree with the concept of "just touring and no music" - it doesnt make sense.
it makes huge sense, my friend. just check how insane $$$ profits this tour makes. they can do it literally until it generates enough money for their living expenses - which can be anything between a couple of years and their death.

It makes a lot of sense I agree. It's where the money is, for any big old act. There are many, many bands (off the top of my head- The Who and Fleetwood Mac) who tour often and widely and seem to have absolutely no intention of ever releasing new music. It's the way of the music industry these days, sadly.

Here's a recent quote from Roger Daltry, which I think is really sad, but very very true, and one of many reasons I truly believe in paying for music and other creative work fully. 

?There?s no record industry anymore. Why would I make a record? I would have to pay to make a record. There?s no royalties, so I can?t see that ever happening. There?s no record business. How do you get the money to make the records? I don?t know. I?m certainly not going to pay money to give my music away free."

?The way the internet has come about has been the biggest robbery in history, like musicians should work for nothing,? he argued. ?You get paid for streaming, my ass. There?s no control. Musicians are getting robbed every day. And now it?s creeping into film and television, everything now. You notice, the internet is a slowly but surely destructive thing in all ways. I don?t think it?s improved people?s lives. It?s just made them do more work and feel like they?re wanted a bit more, but it?s all bollocks.?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:09:18 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6231 on: May 01, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »

They also might not be able to write together anymore.

It's been over 25 years since these guys wrote a song together.  An actual song, I'm talking.  Not these mythical supposed tapes from 1995-96 jam sessions.

If you look at Axl and Slash's most recent material, it's pretty far apart, creatively and artistically.

Good point.  At this point, we'll be lucky if we get cut and paste versions of the unreleased tracks with Slash essentially doing what Bumble did in 06/07 on Chinese.  Which isn't a bad option mind you, and would likely sound pretty badass.  Now, why Heaven and Hell need to be moved to make even that happen is beyond me.  That is, unless Slash is doing it on the down low, which is still pretty doubtful.

But all the folks who think they just need to book studio time and hammer out AFD2 are fucking dreaming if you ask me.
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #6232 on: May 01, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »

Irrelevant. This tour is about money- and lots of it. Tickets are expensive, venues are big. To think otherwise is crazy.

I didn't say that making a shitload of money is not a part of this reunion. But I don't believe it is the only reason. If Axl was only motivated by making money he could have reconciled with the rest at least 10 years ago, before the release of ChiDem (the album would get greater approval by the wider fanbase and thus sell way better). It's more than just making money but when I say more I don't necesserily mean that a new album is on the way.
And  stating that it's about covering life expenses for a guy with net worth of 150 million or more is kind of funny anyway.  Smiley

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6233 on: May 01, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »

I didn't say that making a shitload of money is not a part of this reunion. But I don't believe it is the only reason. If Axl was only motivated by making money he could have reconciled with the rest at least 10 years ago, before the release of ChiDem (the album would get greater approval by the wider fanbase and thus sell way better). It's more than just making money but when I say more I don't necesserily mean that a new album is on the way.
And  stating that it's about covering life expenses for a guy with net worth of 150 million or more is kind of funny anyway.  Smiley

Don't forget the rumours of mounting and severe financial problems with GNR as a business. And living expenses are relative to your demands. Look at Michael Jackson as an example.

I doubt money was the only factor- but I'd be amazed if it isn't the biggest factor by a long, long way.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6234 on: May 01, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »

While Alternative Nation is hardly what I'd consider a good news source, I will say that if a SMKC or Axl/DC album materializes before a GNR album, it's pretty safe to say that the next time we hear "new" GNR music will likely be some kind of posthumous release. Actually, I'd bet the farm on it.  No one is waiting around til' 60 something Axl decides to put out the second half of Chinese Democracy, especially if Slash doesn't play on it, no matter how curious a niche section of the fanbase is to hear it. 

It's a tried expression, but it really is "now or never" as in the next year or so.  Gotta strike while the iron's hot this time, otherwise things will no doubt quickly fizzle no matter how successful the tour has been.

Alternative Nation isn't a great news source but that information came from a direct quote from Tremonti so make of it what you will.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6235 on: May 01, 2017, 03:26:42 PM »

Alternative Nation isn't a great news source but that information came from a direct quote from Tremonti so make of it what you will.

Could be true.  Hell, maybe this whole tour has largely been about Axl putting his quarrel with Slash to bed so he can do this reunion run, and subsequently have enough money to live well without ever being pressured to produce new music again.  Hard to say.  All we know for sure is that we're well into 2017 now with still no concrete word on the next album. The situation kinda speaks for itself, no?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6236 on: May 01, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »

Could be true.  Hell, maybe this whole tour has largely been about Axl putting his quarrel with Slash to bed so he can do this reunion run, and subsequently have enough money to live well without ever being pressured to produce new music again.  Hard to say.  All we know for sure is that we're well into 2017 now with still no concrete word on the next album. The situation kinda speaks for itself, no?

It does. And really, if they'd entered a studio - we'd know somehow. Remember the AC/DC stuff and the photos of them leaving studios, the rumours etc? We've had none of that, no rumours, sightings, nothing. All we've got is that photo of Slash. If they were writing and recording, in this day and age- that info would have leaked.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6237 on: May 01, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

It does. And really, if they'd entered a studio - we'd know somehow. Remember the AC/DC stuff and the photos of them leaving studios, the rumours etc? We've had none of that, no rumours, sightings, nothing. All we've got is that photo of Slash. If they were writing and recording, in this day and age- that info would have leaked.
and interviews - we got almost none. Axl talking at Chinatown - nothing really new happened. Axl talking to Brazilian TV with Duff saying about two words - nothing new as well. besides that, not a single word from Duff and more crucially Slash. some interviews by the rest of the band, yes - but nothing really new here as well, mostly about the past and current things that happen during the tour. no rants during the shows, no Axl talking about the band stuff, unlike the 2002 or 2006 tour. weird shit.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6238 on: May 01, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »

It is about money.....call a spade a spade. Maybe they are holding pocket aces they don't want to show but I am not sure anymore

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6239 on: May 01, 2017, 07:28:07 PM »

It is about money.....call a spade a spade. Maybe they are holding pocket aces they don't want to show but I am not sure anymore

Probably.  Trouble is that every couple years or so, Axl swaggers into the sunlight long enough to find and tell a random interviewer that "he's looking very seriously/not doing work to keep this buried/same bat time next year" etc etc. saying just enough to keep whatever part of the fanbase is still interested in new music....well, interested.

I'm starting to think it's all pretty much nonsense. Apparently "looking very seriously" an album does not make.  And apparently having the second most iconic element of Guns N' Roses back in the fold has not helped quicken this increasingly tedious slog to a new album....for whatever reason.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:31:45 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: