Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564442 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6240 on: May 01, 2017, 07:44:14 PM »

I disagree with the concept of "just touring and no music" - it doesnt make sense.
it makes huge sense, my friend. just check how insane $$$ profits this tour makes. they can do it literally until it generates enough money for their living expenses - which can be anything between a couple of years and their death.

It makes a lot of sense I agree. It's where the money is, for any big old act. There are many, many bands (off the top of my head- The Who and Fleetwood Mac) who tour often and widely and seem to have absolutely no intention of ever releasing new music. It's the way of the music industry these days, sadly.

Here's a recent quote from Roger Daltry, which I think is really sad, but very very true, and one of many reasons I truly believe in paying for music and other creative work fully. 

?There?s no record industry anymore. Why would I make a record? I would have to pay to make a record. There?s no royalties, so I can?t see that ever happening. There?s no record business. How do you get the money to make the records? I don?t know. I?m certainly not going to pay money to give my music away free."

?The way the internet has come about has been the biggest robbery in history, like musicians should work for nothing,? he argued. ?You get paid for streaming, my ass. There?s no control. Musicians are getting robbed every day. And now it?s creeping into film and television, everything now. You notice, the internet is a slowly but surely destructive thing in all ways. I don?t think it?s improved people?s lives. It?s just made them do more work and feel like they?re wanted a bit more, but it?s all bollocks.?

Not to drift too far away from GNR, but members of Fleetwood Mac did want to release an album this year. They kinda did so. Lindsey Buckingham and Christie McVie will be releasing an album next month. Other members of the band will do a guest appearance on the songs. It was supposed to be a Fleetwood Mac album, but Stevie Nicks  wanted no part in it. Rumor has it that she used the excuse of records not selling anymore because she didn't want to be in the same room as with Lindsey and has some resentment towards McVie due to her leaving for a certain time period and now returning to do an album.  So you can't really compare GNR to the situation of Fleetwood Mac. Apples to oranges. 
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6241 on: May 01, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »

It is about money.....call a spade a spade. Maybe they are holding pocket aces they don't want to show but I am not sure anymore

Probably.  Trouble is that every couple years or so, Axl swaggers into the sunlight long enough to find and tell a random interviewer that "he's looking very seriously/not doing work to keep this buried/same bat time next year" etc etc. saying just enough to keep whatever part of the fanbase is still interested in new music....well, interested.

I'm starting to think it's all pretty much nonsense. Apparently "looking very seriously" an album does not make.  And apparently having the second most iconic element of Guns N' Roses back in the fold has not helped quicken this increasingly tedious slog to a new album....for whatever reason.

Artistic integrity...get used to that term being thrown around to defend the lack of new music.  That, plus there's no money in albums.  Well guess what?  You just may a shitload of money on your tour...you don't need the album to make money.  There's really no reason other than they don't want to.  Every other issue, the label, crooked record execs, iTunes...somehow other bands have been able to fight those battles and release new music.  Somehow...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6242 on: May 01, 2017, 09:51:37 PM »

Well, maybe Slash moving forward with SMKC will light a fire under Axl's ass. Is he gonna let the good riffs slip away again like with Snakepit's first album? Does he want that to take some of the attention away from GNR?

Or maybe Slash is tracking the next SMKC album now, so he can record with GNR in 2018 as the other album is being finalized with vocals, mixed and released.

Again, if Slash and Axl are back together, anything is possible.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6243 on: May 01, 2017, 10:21:37 PM »

I think the most likely scenario is that Slash does another album and tour with Myles and Axl sits in his mansion and watches TV as that all plays out.

And we just cross our fingers there's another GNR tour in a few years.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:27:06 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6244 on: May 02, 2017, 01:38:04 AM »

I think the most likely scenario is that Slash does another album and tour with Myles and Axl sits in his mansion and watches TV as that all plays out.

yes, that seems the most probable scenario.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6245 on: May 02, 2017, 05:37:06 AM »

Yep- I'd say that's the most likely scenario we're looking at too. All indications point that way.

The quotes regarding new stuff are so vague and woolly, and I've thought for years that they're just a way to get people to move to the next question that isn't "nope, we've done nothing".

I think to that "cross our fingers there's another GNR tour in a few years" I'd add "cross our fingers and hope they dip into the unreleased material a bit". I still  feel that MAY happen. But then I'm also amazed no live album seems to be coming yet, so I'm not even confident about that now. The ideal time for it would have been now, getting it out there to coincide with the Europe/new American dates.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6246 on: May 02, 2017, 05:38:42 AM »

I disagree with the concept of "just touring and no music" - it doesnt make sense.
it makes huge sense, my friend. just check how insane $$$ profits this tour makes. they can do it literally until it generates enough money for their living expenses - which can be anything between a couple of years and their death.

It makes a lot of sense I agree. It's where the money is, for any big old act. There are many, many bands (off the top of my head- The Who and Fleetwood Mac) who tour often and widely and seem to have absolutely no intention of ever releasing new music. It's the way of the music industry these days, sadly.

Here's a recent quote from Roger Daltry, which I think is really sad, but very very true, and one of many reasons I truly believe in paying for music and other creative work fully. 

?There?s no record industry anymore. Why would I make a record? I would have to pay to make a record. There?s no royalties, so I can?t see that ever happening. There?s no record business. How do you get the money to make the records? I don?t know. I?m certainly not going to pay money to give my music away free."

?The way the internet has come about has been the biggest robbery in history, like musicians should work for nothing,? he argued. ?You get paid for streaming, my ass. There?s no control. Musicians are getting robbed every day. And now it?s creeping into film and television, everything now. You notice, the internet is a slowly but surely destructive thing in all ways. I don?t think it?s improved people?s lives. It?s just made them do more work and feel like they?re wanted a bit more, but it?s all bollocks.?

Not to drift too far away from GNR, but members of Fleetwood Mac did want to release an album this year. They kinda did so. Lindsey Buckingham and Christie McVie will be releasing an album next month. Other members of the band will do a guest appearance on the songs. It was supposed to be a Fleetwood Mac album, but Stevie Nicks  wanted no part in it. Rumor has it that she used the excuse of records not selling anymore because she didn't want to be in the same room as with Lindsey and has some resentment towards McVie due to her leaving for a certain time period and now returning to do an album.  So you can't really compare GNR to the situation of Fleetwood Mac. Apples to oranges. 

I don't really know too much about Fleetwood Mac- I just sort of pulled their name out of the air as an example of a band who tour often and release nothing. Perhaps a better example would be the new incarnation of Queen then.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6247 on: May 02, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »

If I had to bet legitimate money on what happens once touring wraps up later this year, this scenario would be it. Damn it.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6248 on: May 02, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »

It wouldn't shock me to see if Slash goes with Miles Kennedy go a bit, and Axl brings back Finck or Bucket to do smaller shows or residencies for a while. I wouldn't be opposed to that and everyone is on good terms. lol

alf@melmac
Opening Act

« Reply #6249 on: May 02, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »

It wouldn't shock me to see if Slash goes with Miles Kennedy go a bit, and Axl brings back Finck or Bucket to do smaller shows or residencies for a while. I wouldn't be opposed to that and everyone is on good terms. lol

Yeah! Bring them both back to Rio this year - just a guest appearance, but with glowing eyes! Wink
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6250 on: May 02, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »

That WOULD shock me. I wouldn't be opposed to it all, but I reckon a hell of a lot of people would. We'd get "Axl kicks out Slash" type stuff left right and centre, no matter if it's amicable.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6251 on: May 02, 2017, 07:28:27 PM »

No, I understand that. I meant that it didnt make sense to not be willing to do a new record with GNR. If Axl wants to move foward with that, I dont think Slash would say "nah, Im good just touring".

Artistic integrity...get used to that term being thrown around to defend the lack of new music.  That, plus there's no money in albums.  Well guess what?  You just may a shitload of money on your tour...you don't need the album to make money.  There's really no reason other than they don't want to.  Every other issue, the label, crooked record execs, iTunes...somehow other bands have been able to fight those battles and release new music.  Somehow...
There's that. At the very least, it wouldnt harm their ability to keep touring.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6252 on: May 02, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »

I'd be straight up astounded.  And not the least bit onboard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #6253 on: May 02, 2017, 10:06:12 PM »

As far this band goes they have just become a tour band... I will not attend another gig until they ever release a new album... same ole  playlist with a twist when they come back around. The show has become old, it's like a damn carousel that never ends... tired paying for the same set list over and over fuck that, release something for Christ sakes man
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6254 on: May 02, 2017, 11:18:18 PM »

I'd be straight up astounded.  And not the least bit onboard.

If slash went to do his own thing for a bit and left on good terms, I wouldn't see suggest it be permanent but slash keeps working, all keeps working then they could get back together again. Not saying it'll happen just suggesting they could both be active. But we still have a long way to go in 2017  beer

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #6255 on: May 03, 2017, 01:08:59 AM »

As far this band goes they have just become a tour band... I will not attend another gig until they ever release a new album... same ole  playlist with a twist when they come back around. The show has become old, it's like a damn carousel that never ends... tired paying for the same set list over and over fuck that, release something for Christ sakes man

That is a bit ignorant. Not old to us in Europe. However, you have to decide for your own. The seats will probably be filled up anyway:)

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6256 on: May 03, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »

That is a bit ignorant. Not old to us in Europe. However, you have to decide for your own. The seats will probably be filled up anyway:)
as an European, I must totally agree with niko1279. I'll be the first buying tickets, as soon as they start touring in support of new stuff. not intereted in a nostalgia tour act at all.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6257 on: May 03, 2017, 06:58:38 AM »

I totally get it and that's your right. The way I see it I love hearing the songs live, and would rather hear slash play then and axl sing them while they can.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6258 on: May 03, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »

I'll be the first buying tickets, as soon as they start touring in support of new stuff. not intereted in a nostalgia tour act at all.

So you'd probably get three or four songs, which would mean you'd be happy to pay full price to hear those songs only.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6259 on: May 03, 2017, 11:04:24 AM »

Did you feel this way during the neverending CD tour though?

Because, if so, I don't get that.  There were umpteen version of the CD tour that were all preeeeeetttttttttyyyyy much the same exact show.  And people lost their fucking minds if you dared to point that out.

Suddenly, this new line-up only gets one crack at your concert dollar?  Pretty harsh, no?

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: