Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1561038 times)
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #6360 on: May 14, 2017, 07:03:55 PM »

Cold hard fact is that this current incarnation can tour and sell out stadiums as long as they want.

Arenas, sure.  I'm not convinced that it's the same with stadiums - the "Wow!  They're back!" factor can only carry them so long.  They could still live very comfortably off touring arenas, though. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6361 on: May 14, 2017, 11:06:36 PM »

A compilation reply to several of the points made above in last two pages.

1. 2006 has to be considered a high point in GNR history. Axl sounded great, he was thin and looked badass, and they were touring up a storm. Some of the best shows and boots in GNR history.
2. The 2011-14 years were not at all a downer. I saw them 7 times during this period and each show was excellent. The band was tight, Axl's voice was spot on, and the shows went 3 hours+ in an era when only Bruce does that. So I disagree 100% that this period was a waste. The last two shows in Vegas in June 2014 were epic. I was there. I know.
3. Timing is right, for what? An album from a band that does not really exist? I believe that this incarnation of GNR is temporary and only for the money during their worldwide tour. They will milk it till it runs out. Good for them, they made such great music that they deserve all the money they can make. But to believe that this is a real band that will produce new music or an album is an illusion in my opinion. Or better, a delusion.
4. And that is the real conundrum for Axl. He is facing a dead end. The other members (e.g. Slash) have their own careers established. He can't possibly tour without them and expect the same level of success as now. And the current band is not a real band that is not likely to stay together to produce and publish. So where can Axl go? Start a new merry-go-round of new hired gunners that come and go?

I could be completely wrong, but I actually think that we are closer to the end than ever before. And I don't mean because Trump is president ( rofl)

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6362 on: May 15, 2017, 02:17:18 AM »

I think your #4 disproves your #3. What is there to do when this tour ends? Axl doesn't want to end it, he obviously still loves the art. Even if he's too lazy to write new songs, he has CD 2 and Slash the riffmaster who writes an album every other year these days with SMKC. He may take a couple years to lay down vocals... but I doubt he's going to retire his life's work at 55 after a huge resurgence and now playing with Angus, too. I think he's never been more inspired and in love with music than he is now. Just look, he sang with Billy Joel the other day. How often did he ever guest sing before? I don't see how this couldn't lead to some product, even just a single or an AC/DC album (which could teach him how to record an album in two months!).

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6363 on: May 15, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »

1. 2006 has to be considered a high point in GNR history. Axl sounded great, he was thin and looked badass, and they were touring up a storm. Some of the best shows and boots in GNR history.
2. The 2011-14 years were not at all a downer. I saw them 7 times during this period and each show was excellent. The band was tight, Axl's voice was spot on, and the shows went 3 hours+ in an era when only Bruce does that. So I disagree 100% that this period was a waste. The last two shows in Vegas in June 2014 were epic. I was there. I know.
3. Timing is right, for what? An album from a band that does not really exist? I believe that this incarnation of GNR is temporary and only for the money during their worldwide tour. They will milk it till it runs out. Good for them, they made such great music that they deserve all the money they can make. But to believe that this is a real band that will produce new music or an album is an illusion in my opinion. Or better, a delusion.
4. And that is the real conundrum for Axl. He is facing a dead end. The other members (e.g. Slash) have their own careers established. He can't possibly tour without them and expect the same level of success as now. And the current band is not a real band that is not likely to stay together to produce and publish. So where can Axl go? Start a new merry-go-round of new hired gunners that come and go?

I could be completely wrong, but I actually think that we are closer to the end than ever before. And I don't mean because Trump is president ( rofl)

Hard to disagree with a lot of that as a viewpoint. I would say the time is right for a Live Album though. As right as it will ever be!

When I see this tour, I'm 75 per cent expecting it will be the last time I ever see GNR live. I agree that we're closer to the end than ever before.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6364 on: May 15, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »

The problem is: too many assumptions. It's again something that defies logic (artistic, financial and carrer logics) only because you think is "too good to be true". It's easier to be negative and dont feel the let down if it doesn't happen, I get it. But to think Slash and Duff would want to leave the band after two years of sucessful touring and no major problems is kinda too far off IMO.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6365 on: May 15, 2017, 04:05:26 PM »

Onboard with everything but #2 here.

I don't mean to attack you personally, but "I was there" as a trump card is a cop out, generally.  It's just trying to big time people, and set up a situation where they can't possibly match you.

Here is what I know.  We have 2 concerts from 2011 that were on XM with pristine sound, and the DVD from 2012, also pristine sound.  And they blow dog.  I don't care if you (or anyone) sat on the god damn stage that night.  You can't play those shows and tell me they sound awesome.  No way in hell.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #6366 on: May 15, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »

It's easier for them to release CD II. Mainly because the writing of new song would take to much time. Slash, Duff and Melissa should add some ?finishing touches? and that's it.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6367 on: May 15, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »

It's easier for them to release CD II. Mainly because the writing of new song would take to much time. Slash, Duff and Melissa should add some ?finishing touches? and that's it.

That's the best bet.

I just wonder how enthused Slash or Duff would be in a release with their name on it where they were not terribly involved, creatively.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #6368 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »

That's the best bet.

I just wonder how enthused Slash or Duff would be in a release with their name on it where they were not terribly involved, creatively.
What if those CD II songs were based on old Slash riffs to begin with?  hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6369 on: May 15, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »

That's the best bet.

Did you hear a lot of Slash riffs in that first batch of songs we did get?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6370 on: May 15, 2017, 10:30:24 PM »

That's the best bet.

I don't get this

So either you had a band 17 years ago building songs on a band 25 years ago    Or now you are saying we have a band presently that could work with songs 17 years ago or later

Why can't we just get a new original song from this current line up
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #6371 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:05 AM »

That's the best bet.

Did you hear a lot of Slash riffs in that first batch of songs we did get?
Slash came up with the main riff in Chinese Democracy.
Also, Fortus said they were re-working old Slash stuff:

"During an intimate workshop in Sydney held on Nov. 20, Fortus shared some interesting new info on Guns N? Roses? follow-up to ?Chinese Democracy.?

?A lot of the new stuff that we?ve been working on; some of the stuff comes from nothing and some of the stuff is stuff that we?ve been working on that were ideas that were already there. Some of the stuff Slash did ? it was the beginning of the seed of the song that?s been around for a while.?

Fortus continues, ?There?s so much stuff that?s recorded, there?s so much stuff that was done. I mean, there?s three albums worth of material, easy ? Axl is very secretive. He doesn?t want stuff getting out. He wants to create stuff and then release it when it?s ready. He?s also a bit of a perfectionist, as you can imagine.?"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:22:15 AM by GNR2014 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6372 on: May 16, 2017, 07:29:20 AM »

I remember that Fortus chat.  It was so promising and we were all so excited.

Alas...

Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6373 on: May 16, 2017, 08:23:13 AM »

Slash came up with the main riff in Chinese Democracy.
[/quote]

Right ...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6374 on: May 16, 2017, 10:58:12 AM »

Maybe the contract for Slash and Duff is only two years. Honestly, all the bands that come together are introducing something new to the fans, in the case of Guns we will not have that. I'd rather not create expectations. I did not hear Axl say we'd have a new album with Slash and Duff.

Soon the tour will return with full force, but I doubt we'll have something new on this tour!
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6375 on: May 16, 2017, 01:29:29 PM »

Maybe the contract for Slash and Duff is only two years. Honestly, all the bands that come together are introducing something new to the fans, in the case of Guns we will not have that. I'd rather not create expectations. I did not hear Axl say we'd have a new album with Slash and Duff.

Soon the tour will return with full force, but I doubt we'll have something new on this tour!

For sure, that's the most likely scenario...but a ginger can dream...with the 30th anniversary of AFD around the corner, just one new track???  You know it would be a hit.  It just makes so much sense to me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6376 on: May 16, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »

"It's all about the bucks, kid.  The rest is conversation." - Gordon Gekko

That's how I see this tour.  And I think more people agree with me than dare to say it out loud.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6377 on: May 16, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »

That's how I see this tour.  And I think more people agree with me than dare to say it out loud.

I'd say at least 80 per cent of the people currently active on here seem to swing that way.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6378 on: May 16, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »

They delay launching something new, but I believe Axl has reunited Slash and Duff for money. There is no sense in having a meeting to relive the past of 25 years ago. I do not know why I'm still waiting for something new, maybe it's the love I feel for the band.
If you really are a fan of Guns, you will agree that we want new songs, would you ask for it too much? Blah blah blah,

Axl 2006:  People Will Hear New GUNS N' ROSES Music This Year

Axl 2017:  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:33:40 PM by Slashrose » Logged
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #6379 on: May 16, 2017, 05:44:50 PM »

Gotta disagree with you here.  Over the last 20 some odd years you needed a cattle prod to get Axl out of his house and on a stage.  Granted there were many shows but they were far and few between.  Now he's jumping on any stage he can find.  I can think of the following Axl guest appearances off the top of my head since 93, Im sure there are more.

Gilby Clark
Springsteen
Bach

Now he has done an entire tour with ACDC, the Guns Reunion and a fuckin guest cameo at a Billy Joel show at Dodger Stadium.  To me, this has reawakend his excitment towards playing live.  Whether that translates to a record I dunno, but I would not say its all about the money.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: