Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:06:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558672 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6420 on: May 24, 2017, 05:54:07 PM »

It's going to be fucking bedlam if it turns out to be the announcement of a new shows.

People on certain forums are going to give GNR such a bloody kicking. Hopes are running WAY too high with all this.

I think thats the most likely scenario....new shows in the US.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6421 on: May 24, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »

It's going to be fucking bedlam if it turns out to be the announcement of a new shows.

People on certain forums are going to give GNR such a bloody kicking. Hopes are running WAY too high with all this.

I think thats the most likely scenario....new shows in the US.

If it IS that, I'd say they've dropped a major bollock the way they've handled this. Hype has got ridiculous among the fanbase, with people suggesting all sorts. Anything less than the announcement of a new album is going to be greeted with a massive backlash.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6422 on: May 24, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »

If it IS that, I'd say they've dropped a major bollock the way they've handled this. Hype has got ridiculous among the fanbase, with people suggesting all sorts. Anything less than the announcement of a new album is going to be greeted with a massive backlash.

Wait. New album is the 'expectation' now?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6423 on: May 24, 2017, 07:28:25 PM »

Wait. New album is the 'expectation' now?

Not from me! But from a lot of people, it seems to be.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6424 on: May 24, 2017, 09:14:19 PM »

I can't imagine it would be another tour they still have to go thru the second leg of us shows. Worst case scenario they announce an arena or small venue tour of the "NITL" tour. But again im still looking at that one line of this was just the beginning. Now their may also be a multi phase plan here too where they announce something now that will eventually lead to say a phase 2 of whatever the Long Term plan might be. Hell this whole tour they have been on might have been phase 1 of a plan in place and now they are ready for the second phase.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6425 on: May 24, 2017, 09:31:56 PM »

I am not expecting an album announcement or anything to do with new music in the least. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting LA area shows to commemorate AFD 30 to be announced or something along those lines.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6426 on: May 25, 2017, 05:05:06 AM »

I am not expecting an album announcement or anything to do with new music in the least. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting LA area shows to commemorate AFD 30 to be announced or something along those lines.

Pretty sure you've nailed it there. Not long to wait though I guess.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6427 on: May 25, 2017, 05:07:38 AM »

Probably nothing, but I just received an email from an online retailer saying 'Guns N Roses are back with new merch!' The email is also titled Get In The Ring.

Sure it's nothing, but thought I'd mention it.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6428 on: May 25, 2017, 05:14:50 AM »

Probably nothing, but I just received an email from an online retailer saying 'Guns N Roses are back with new merch!' The email is also titled Get In The Ring.

The "Get in the Ring" part is interesting though.

Can't remember them using the phrase until the recent teaser videos.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6429 on: May 25, 2017, 05:26:55 AM »

The "Get in the Ring" part is interesting though.

Can't remember them using the phrase until the recent teaser videos.

For sure. It could just be the company pulling something out of thin air. The merchandise it is advertising holds no clues- it's designs I've seen before pretty much on different type of shirt. (Skull with top hat and Guns).

Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6430 on: May 25, 2017, 10:30:51 AM »

Axl, Give what the fans want, new music, something cool!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #6431 on: May 25, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »

There are divisions.

You have:

- The fans > 100%
- The fans enough fans to buy a ticket WITH SLASH AND DUFF > 95% of the people selling out stadiums today
- The fans enough fans to buy a ticket no matter what lineup > 5% of the total fanbase
- The fans enough fans to buy a ticket no matter what lineup that prefer new music rather than more nostalgic touring > 1% of the total fanbase

GNR used to make a lot of desicions thinking about the 5% that also includes the last 1% (in bold). But now it's not that moment. Definitely not.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6432 on: May 25, 2017, 01:58:25 PM »

There are divisions.

You have:

- The fans > 100%
- The fans enough fans to buy a ticket WITH SLASH AND DUFF > 95% of the people selling out stadiums today
- The fans enough fans to buy a ticket no matter what lineup > 5% of the total fanbase
- The fans enough fans to buy a ticket no matter what lineup that prefer new music rather than more nostalgic touring > 1% of the total fanbase

GNR used to make a lot of desicions thinking about the 5% that also includes the last 1% (in bold). But now it's not that moment. Definitely not.

There are small divisions. Is different.

Would you rather see the band doing the same shows with bigger attractions like Slash and Duff's return, or would you rather have something new? Are you a nostalgic fan? When I say this is because the big bands that meet always end up releasing something new and if it is GNR we do not have that
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6433 on: May 25, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »

It's hard to knock what they are doing in terms of keeping fans happy.

I just looked at the NITL page on Wikipedia.  The attendance figures are off the charts.  100% capacity for the vast majority, and the ones that missed didn't miss by much.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6434 on: May 25, 2017, 03:01:41 PM »

Wikipedia is hardly a reliable source. Anyone can make up anything.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6435 on: May 25, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »

So...those people weren't in all those buildings?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6436 on: May 25, 2017, 03:26:26 PM »

Except....the numbers on Wikipedia, in this case, exactly reflect the Billboard numbers that have been published.

The fact is: They're filling up stadiums around the world.  Until that changes, and there is a REASON to do "something" to compel people to buy concert tickets....they're not likely to do that "something".

I get people want new material.  As a fan, totally understandable. I do, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6437 on: May 25, 2017, 03:31:26 PM »

Tour will wind up. Radio silence will be resumed. In a few years they'll probably tour again. We've never been further away from new material at any point in Guns history in my view.

Make the most of that situation really. Anything else is a welcome bonus.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6438 on: May 25, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »

There is no new album you guys. I wish people could just accept that. I'm about to start farting in my cupped hands, throwing it at people and yelling "Hey look! It's the new Guns N' Roses album!"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6439 on: May 25, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »

There is no new album you guys. I wish people could just accept that. I'm about to start farting in my cupped hands, throwing it at people and yelling "Hey look! It's the new Guns N' Roses album!"

What's it going to take, right?

And then they throw in some quote he made however many years ago.  Yeah?  Super.  Actions speak louder than words, always.  And nothing about any of Axl's actions going back 10 years (at least) show him to be the least bit interested in releasing anything new.

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: