Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1561030 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6460 on: May 26, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »

If you think they are not doing anything with music you must be crazy ! At the very least, I think Slash and Duff are rearranging unreleased Axl songs and they must be trading riffs and ideas.

But do you?  Do you really?

Or would it be more accurate to say that is what you HOPE is happening?

Here is my beef.  A guy like me will be told that I just can't possibly know what is being done "behind the scenes".  Not invalid.  I no more know nothing is happening than someone else knows something is.  But I damn sure would bet real life money on my stance than the contrarian view, based on what we do know.

But I am also taking a position.  So when this tour ends at the end of 2017, it will presumably be followed by no real news of any kind.  And then, when that next bit of news is how Slash is back with Myles working on a new album...where are the "you never know" types then? 

Nowhere to be found.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6461 on: May 26, 2017, 11:43:40 AM »

I think Slash and Duff are rearranging unreleased Axl songs and they must be trading riffs and ideas.
any proof of that?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6462 on: May 26, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »

If you think they are not doing anything with music you must be crazy ! At the very least, I think Slash and Duff are rearranging unreleased Axl songs and they must be trading riffs and ideas.

Here is my beef.  A guy like me will be told that I just can't possibly know what is being done "behind the scenes".  Not invalid.  I no more know nothing is happening than someone else knows something is.  But I damn sure would bet real life money on my stance than the contrarian view, based on what we do know.

But I am also taking a position.  So when this tour ends at the end of 2017, it will presumably be followed by no real news of any kind.  And then, when that next bit of news is how Slash is back with Myles working on a new album...where are the "you never know" types then? 

Nowhere to be found.

Not really, my comment relies on how I feel as a musician and how I understand how musicians feel about music.

I have two jobs, I sell shit and I do translations. But what I always want in my hands is my guitar and a mic to record ideas, melodies and if I'm lucky I get a full song in no time and thats the ultimate rush. Some musicians are not like that but I do know that at the very least Axl and Slash are like that.

Also, finding a musicians that blend with you is very rare. I think Axl learned this the hard way and that's why he looks so happy to be back with Slash. If you think Axl has not learned his lesson you haven't seen those  "Find someone who looks at you the way Axl looks at Slash" memes  hihi

Also, the reaction of Slash's people when Axl's people first tried to contact him tells a lot about what Slash felt about getting back together with Axl. He's not just going to go back to Miles Kennedy. He knows that miles is no Axl just the way Axl knows Bumblefoot-BH-DJ-etc are not Slash.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6463 on: May 26, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »

OK....any questions?

Just one.

How many more hoops do we have to jump through and pretzel contortions must be performed to avoid just leaving it at "Axl doesn't care"?

This is not directed as an attack on anyone.  But all this "well, what if they did...", "you know what they could do...", and "if you look at what <insert artist here> did..." is the very height of wasted effort.

Axl DOES...NOT...CARE.

He may make sure that he gives his all on stage each night.  And I have no reason to doubt he is sincere when he thanks fans for their support, either from the stage or from his Twitter account.

But when it comes to putting out new music...folks, the man simply can't find one single solitary fuck to give.  And stopped looking for one about 10-15 years ago.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Because we don't know.

We just don't.

And until he says so, or hangs it up for good, there's always hope. Maybe it's slim, but....

I mean..that's Axl in a nutshell. Right?

Just when you count him out..BANG...there it is. Every single fucking time.

So while I'd never bet on him, I'd never bet against him, either.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6464 on: May 26, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »

Nowhere to be found.

Meh, a lot of us are still around, to be honest.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6465 on: May 26, 2017, 12:24:58 PM »

Not directed at me, but....

I'm relatively sure...like 85%...that Slash and Duff are fiddling and diddling with ideas for GnR type music.  Because that's generally who they are. I allow for the 15% mostly because there's a chance they're all "in" on this being just a touring act with no creative output planned, ever, ever, ever...and just aren't saying.  I'd be shocked if that was the case, esp knowing Slash and Duff's penchant for creation, but....you never know.

Axl's process, to me, is a complete mystery.  I don't assume he works or functions like any other musician I know, because I've seen, and heard, too much evidence to the contrary.

But I've been around musicians enough to know they seem to constantly be making music...either in their heads, or on their instruments, or on a fucking cocktail napkin while drinking a beer with you (yes, I've personally seen exactly that..more than once).

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6466 on: May 26, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »

I am now convinced that this online community will complain and be miserable no matter freaking what...

and at times I have contributed to it... I had about had it with the second residency, the picture of Guns N Roses standing there with those signs in Vegas sans Axl, the very little noise about the next follow up... it was all wearing on me...

but then the impossible happened... and the Not In This Lifetime Tour came about...

It has met all of my expectations and then some... I was too young in 93 to have seen Axl, Slash and Duff all play together, so maybe it was extra special to me for that reason.

Now... if you follow this band, you already know new music and easy lines of communication from he powers to be, don't come very often... you should have accepted that by now.

AND... why on earth did people think this weeks announcement was going to be anything more than new tour dates... which are amazing btw... Like come on... what they hyped it up for something more?? No they didn't... they are supposed to hype up something like new show announcements... that's their job...

As for the 37 people on the internet who would rather see Robin Finck and Josh Freese be in the band... I don't know what to tell you... but the past year has been epic.. and I can't wait to see the band again in the fall.. got tickets for both nights at MSG...and I do believe that at some point Axl, Duff and Slash will collaborate on some new songs.. I think it will be worth the wait.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:44:03 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6467 on: May 26, 2017, 01:21:46 PM »

I am now convinced that this online community will complain and be miserable no matter freaking what...
there has been no sign of a new release - not even talking about an album, just a single song - for 9 years.
and before that, we knew the album was basically done for many years.
oh yeah - some might consider this "normal" and "perfectly good".
meanwhile, the band is in it's like 30th iteration, and selling out stadiums with 30 years old songs during a nostalgia tour.
yeah yeah, no reason to be concerned, like, at all! Wink

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6468 on: May 26, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »

there has been no sign of a new release - not even talking about an album, just a single song - for 9 years.
meanwhile, the band is in it's like 30th iteration, and selling out stadiums with 30 years old songs during a nostalgia tour.

What are you concerned about? That Axl Rose is in no rush to let you hear his songs?

Those songs have been sitting there for 20 plus years... At what point did you become concerned? ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6469 on: May 26, 2017, 01:32:18 PM »

and at times I have contributed to it... I had about had it with the second residency, the picture of Guns N Roses standing there with those signs in Vegas sans Axl, the very little noise about the next follow up... it was all wearing on me...

but then the impossible happened... and the Not In This Lifetime Tour came about...

It has met all of my expectations and then some... I was too young in 93 to have seen Axl, Slash and Duff all play together, so maybe it was extra special to me for that reason.

Now... if you follow this band, you already know new music and easy lines of communication from he powers to be, don't come very often... you should have accepted that by now.

AND... why on earth did people think this weeks announcement was going to be anything more than new tour dates... which are amazing btw... Like come on... what they hyped it up for something more?? No they didn't... they are supposed to hype up something like new show announcements... that's their job...

As for the 37 people on the internet who would rather see Robin Finck and Josh Freese be in the band... I don't know what to tell you... but the past year has been epic.. and I can't wait to see the band again in the fall.. got tickets for both nights at MSG...and I do believe that at some point Axl, Duff and Slash will collaborate on some new songs.. I think it will be worth the wait.

I think it shows again how fractured and divided the fan base is. You have some who are AFD 5 or bust and don't accept this incarnation. Then you have others who are CD era fans who don't like this lineup either. Even a mix of the two eras doesn't cater to either side because they want all or nothing.

I'm with you. I was too young to see them in their heyday, so I'll take all I can get this time around. Would I like new music? Absolutely! If I had a choice of them touring for another year or them locking themselves in a studio and releasing an album, I'd take the album. But the demand is still there for people to see them despite the lack of new material. Once that demand dies down, then that'll have to be addressed. I just don't think we're at that point yet.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6470 on: May 26, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »

What are you concerned about? That Axl Rose is in no rush to let you hear his songs?

Those songs have been sitting there for 20 plus years... At what point did you become concerned? ha

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon fr?re. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls." (Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)
all lies then, probably. 15 years ago already.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6471 on: May 26, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »

I think it shows again how fractured and divided the fan base is. You have some who are AFD 5 or bust and don't accept this incarnation. Then you have others who are CD era fans who don't like this lineup either. Even a mix of the two eras doesn't cater to either side because they want all or nothing.

I'm with you. I was too young to see them in their heyday, so I'll take all I can get this time around. Would I like new music? Absolutely! If I had a choice of them touring for another year or them locking themselves in a studio and releasing an album, I'd take the album. But the demand is still there for people to see them despite the lack of new material. Once that demand dies down, then that'll have to be addressed. I just don't think we're at that point yet.

We are on the same wave length.... plus.... our friends across the pond haven't seen this yet! After this year... then it's time to really hash out the future.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6472 on: May 26, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »

Axl DOES...NOT...CARE.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

I totally disagree that Axl doesn't care and I think the reason "we do this to ourselves" (besides the fact that we all find something/many things about this band that we absolutely love) is our insatiable desire to find out what is driving Axl to care so much about the music and the GNR brand that he's not willing to give in to *whomever* to release new music by someone else's dictate.  (the release of CD was forced out of Axl's hands).

"we do this to ourselves" because we'd love to know the reason why, through all the reincarnations of the band, Axl cares enough to bring GNR directly to the fans via touring but not release new music under his current contractual situation or some other behind-the-scene whatever. 

IMO, the Axl/Slash/Duff rejoining is proof positive that Axl cares about the fans enough to do it.  Speculating on his reasoning for taking this path as opposed to another route is why "we do this to ourselves"

Curiosity may have killed the cat but GNR fans thrive on it.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:44:29 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6473 on: May 26, 2017, 01:44:01 PM »

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon fr?re. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls." (Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)
all lies then, probably. 15 years ago already.

I don't think they were lies at that time. I think probably relations with the label and management were not as ugly as they got to be around 2006-2008.
I don't know how much power the label has now, today, but there's also the feeling that GNR is a prisoner of the label.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6474 on: May 26, 2017, 01:45:23 PM »

Yeah, after the "big announcement" turned out to be another tour leg, I've resigned myself to the idea that what we see at these shows it about it.  As in, there simply no album coming and zero fucks being given to make it a reality.  This tour will end eventually, Slash will write and record another Conspirators album, and Axl will return to his solitude in Malibu. And that'll be that, possibly until they put together another tour in a few years.  If Axl can't be bothered to strike while the iron is hot, the hammer very likely just ins't striking at all. Not a very optimistic outlook, but it's reality.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6475 on: May 26, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »

Yeah, after the "big announcement" turned out to be another tour leg, I've resigned myself to the idea that what we see at these shows it about it.  As in, there simply no album coming and zero fucks being given to make it a reality.  This tour will end eventually, Slash will write and record another Conspirators album, and Axl will return to his solitude in Malibu. And that'll be that, possibly until they put together another tour in a few years.  If Axl can't be bothered to strike while the iron is hot, the hammer very likely just ins't striking at all. Not a very optimistic outlook, but it's reality.
The iron is hot for touring right now though. Wouldn't releasing an album to drum up interest make more sense than doing so when the interest is already there?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6476 on: May 26, 2017, 02:07:50 PM »

The iron is hot for touring right now though. Wouldn't releasing an album to drum up interest make more sense than doing so when the interest is already there?

Sure, if the idea was to work on/finish the album after the tour wraps, and to continue with subsequent touring once the album comes out shortly thereafter. However, every indication we have is that once touring finishes up Slash is returning to SMKC to write and record the next album.  Once that happens, he'll no doubt tour on it for at least a year to promote it.  That's two years, minimum before GNR can do anything of note.  That is, unless Axl and management can convince him to change his plans drastically.  But how long can they keep Slash from creating new music, which is something he takes very seriously.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6477 on: May 26, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »

Also... I guarantee that all people screaming bloody murder about not being the Appetite 5 were not boycotting or trashing the band during the Illusion tour...

It's nonsense.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6478 on: May 26, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »

Nowhere to be found.

Meh, a lot of us are still around, to be honest.

So it's your position here today that there will be a stream of "well, guess I was wrong and they really weren't working on anything" if, say, 365 days from now we find out Slash is back with Myles?

We'll see, I guess.  But I'd also be willing to plunk down some more of that real life money I referred to earlier.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6479 on: May 26, 2017, 04:01:39 PM »

Pretty much.

Which is why I re-upped with Nightrain and grabbed tickets as fast as I could yesterday.  We were lucky enough to get another show.  And this may well be it.  Gotta do it.

Honestly, this all comes down Slash's next move.  Even if Slash spends all of 2018 just out of the spotlight, you could at least make the arguement that, hey...maybe.  Perhaps something is cooking.

But he second we know he's working on something else, it means he sized up the situation and came to the same conlcusion that DJ did...like Ron before him...like Robin before him...like Bucket before him.

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: