Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563520 times)
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6480 on: May 26, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »

500 million buy everything, even old intrigue, cancer and hurt. By the way they want more money after all when the tour ends they have been away from the fans for a few years until they come back again in 2021 to celebrate 30 years of Use Your Illusion albums. GNR should be mirrored in Metallica and Iron Maiden because they respect the fans!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6481 on: May 26, 2017, 06:49:38 PM »

Yeah, after the "big announcement" turned out to be another tour leg, I've resigned myself to the idea that what we see at these shows it about it.  As in, there simply no album coming and zero fucks being given to make it a reality.  This tour will end eventually, Slash will write and record another Conspirators album, and Axl will return to his solitude in Malibu. And that'll be that, possibly until they put together another tour in a few years.  If Axl can't be bothered to strike while the iron is hot, the hammer very likely just ins't striking at all. Not a very optimistic outlook, but it's reality.

Pretty much.

Which is why I re-upped with Nightrain and grabbed tickets as fast as I could yesterday.  We were lucky enough to get another show.  And this may well be it.  Gotta do it.

Honestly, this all comes down Slash's next move.  Even if Slash spends all of 2018 just out of the spotlight, you could at least make the arguement that, hey...maybe.  Perhaps something is cooking.

But he second we know he's working on something else, it means he sized up the situation and came to the same conlcusion that DJ did...like Ron before him...like Robin before him...like Bucket before him.
Wasn't Slash already supposed to get back with Myles and work on another record and those plans were scrapped? And didn't Myles say recently he wasn't sure when they'd work together again? Or something along those lines. I could have that wrong, but that's where I thought we stood on that front.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6482 on: May 27, 2017, 04:10:33 AM »

I think Slash knew going into the reunion tour that it was a temporary thing just to make a bunch of money. I do not believe that he (or Duff) thought the band was back together and would do an album and, you know, act like a real band. He signed up to do X amount of time on tour or X number of shows and that's it. And I agree that when that period is over, whenever that is, we are at a dead end.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6483 on: May 27, 2017, 06:18:32 AM »

Doesn't this whole debate just need a dose of reality?

For me the reality is some great shows, a couple of chances to see the band live this year, and that is absolutely it. That's all we know we're getting. Anything else is hope, wishful thinking, conjecture, call it what you will.

In my view, there seems to be no move forwards in terms of music whatsoever. At the moment, it isn't happening. Will it happen in the future? Personally I'd doubt it (all band members have their own individual outlets for new stuff, should they want to do it- apart from Axl of course).

But thinking people are crazy for not expecting anything new? That's mad. I won't believe anything new is being written or recorded until I have solid evidence that it is happening. Up to then? I'll continue to try and find new music I like from other bands and musicians. I mean - over the years, it's not like we've been flooded with new Guns stuff is it?

The thing that does bother me though is the waste. The amount of stuff we could be hearing; ideas not recorded, songs not released, all that stuff. It's a real shame.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6484 on: May 27, 2017, 01:51:28 PM »

In my view, there seems to be no move forwards in terms of music whatsoever. At the moment, it isn't happening. Will it happen in the future? Personally I'd doubt it (all band members have their own individual outlets for new stuff, should they want to do it- apart from Axl of course).

I would buy this, but without sounding too optimistic, I also don't see Axl ever assembling a NU-GNR type band of replacement players again, either.
Maybe he wants to do AC/DC or maybe he wants to take a break for a year or something, but if there is any "future" for GnR in 2018 and beyond, you would have to think Slash and Duff would be included.

Anything else would be a step backwards for the band, the brand and the fans.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6485 on: May 29, 2017, 01:55:25 PM »

I would buy this, but without sounding too optimistic, I also don't see Axl ever assembling a NU-GNR type band of replacement players again, either.
Maybe he wants to do AC/DC or maybe he wants to take a break for a year or something, but if there is any "future" for GnR in 2018 and beyond, you would have to think Slash and Duff would be included.

Agreed. But a future with occasional touring/shows and little else? That's the future in my view.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6486 on: May 29, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »

yup, that's how I can see it, too.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6487 on: May 30, 2017, 01:22:20 AM »

I forgot about ACDC. I bet after this tour we'll see Axl rejoin Angus for touring or an album, and Slash go back to Myles for an album/tour. After that... anybody's guess. I've been saying doing an album with Angus could put a fire under Axl's ass on new material. I think he's let himself become intimidated by it, and hopefully Angus' style of banging out an album in a month or two will help him get over it.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6488 on: May 30, 2017, 05:29:23 AM »

Brian is back and up and about though, which could put an end to that.

Never thought I'd be saying it - but it's more likely we see an AC/DC album with Axl singing than a new GNR album. Surreal.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6489 on: May 30, 2017, 05:31:21 AM »

Interesting point you make too about Axl being intimidated by the prospect of new music. I think there might be a lot in that. I think CD really took a toll on him mentally.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6490 on: May 30, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »

Never thought I'd be saying it - but it's more likely we see an AC/DC album with Axl singing than a new GNR album. Surreal.

Honestly, I don't think there's any going back for Angus, he was really happy with how Axl brought a new life to the band. And Brian can only do low volume stuff and/or short things like that guest song with Robert Plant and Paul Rodgers. He's also doing a TV show apparently.

And as an AC/DC fan, it's well known that the Youngs are not the sentimental type. They were already recording Back In Black only 3 months after Bon Scott died.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6491 on: May 31, 2017, 05:55:08 AM »

Honestly, I don't think there's any going back for Angus, he was really happy with how Axl brought a new life to the band. And Brian can only do low volume stuff and/or short things like that guest song with Robert Plant and Paul Rodgers. He's also doing a TV show apparently.

And as an AC/DC fan, it's well known that the Youngs are not the sentimental type. They were already recording Back In Black only 3 months after Bon Scott died.

Fair points. I went to see ACDC last summer for the first time, because of Axl. I thought they were a bit old, knackered and past it as a band. I was so, so wrong. What a show.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #6492 on: May 31, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »

They should record a cover of Black Hole Sun packaged with either a new GnR Track or a few live recordings from this tour and donate proceeds from the BHS downloads (lets not pretend anyone buys CD's anymore) to a charity tied to CC.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6493 on: May 31, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »

They should record a cover of Black Hole Sun packaged with either a new GnR Track or a few live recordings from this tour and donate proceeds from the BHS downloads (lets not pretend anyone buys CD's anymore) to a charity tied to CC.

This is a very interesting point.
I think that is reality today.

Whatever interests (or greed) Axl, the label or whomever may have about an album, they have to let it go if they still think a packaged CD is worth anything. Money is in touring, touring makes your livelihood. Chinese Democracy suffered from people thinking it was a diamond that needed to be perfectly cut and sold and it accomplished neither of those things.

A download album from the official website is a way better idea for today.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #6494 on: May 31, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »

Maybe they will not release anything else.

Any album they release or re-release would sell very well, because GNR is still a relevant band, but I do not think Axl is interested.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6495 on: May 31, 2017, 11:03:48 AM »

Any album they release or re-release would sell very well, because GNR is still a relevant band, but I do not think Axl is interested.

WHat has he said that makes you think that?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6496 on: May 31, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »

WHat has he said that makes you think that?

Actions speak louder than words.
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #6497 on: May 31, 2017, 12:24:40 PM »

Through the years we have heard rumors that Axl had 3 or 4 albums ready for release. I think this is all a big lie. Axl is criticized precisely for this, he did not pitch anything new. He settled down to be flattered over the years, and forgot the music. Let's be sincere and realistic, the band released 4 great albums, GNR Lies I do not consider an album, maybe an EP with 4 unreleased songs, The Spaghetti is just covers, so in 30 years we have only 4 albums, it's very little for a band that He spent his whole life on the road.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6498 on: May 31, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »

Through the years we have heard rumors that Axl had 3 or 4 albums ready for release. I think this is all a big lie. Axl is criticized precisely for this, he did not pitch anything new. He settled down to be flattered over the years, and forgot the music. Let's be sincere and realistic, the band released 4 great albums, GNR Lies I do not consider an album, maybe an EP with 4 unreleased songs, The Spaghetti is just covers, so in 30 years we have only 4 albums, it's very little for a band that He spent his whole life on the road.
3 - UYI were in fact one album split in two. so there goes AFD, UYI, ChiDem, and that's it. yeah, a few EPs too (Suicide EP, semi-official japan Live from the Jungle, then Lies which were 1/2 still the Suicide EP)

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6499 on: May 31, 2017, 01:52:29 PM »

TOOL have only released 4 albums in 27 years; the situation is not unique to GN'R.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: