Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:53:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563568 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6620 on: June 15, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »

Really the only way to get new music out of this band is to stop supporting what they are doing now

That was a much easier sell when it was just Axl and a bunch of dudes.

Not sure how realistic it is to see a reunion, even a quasi one, that people spent 20 years thinking would never happen...and then pick NOW, to tell people to fold their arms and stomp their feet.

It's not a gnr reunion.  But whatever call it what ever you want

I just find it funny that people keep say. It took them 20 years to get back together!  Enjoy the ride!

How many years of this so called reunion is enough before you would more out of this act

For me it was when they would play back to back shows in the same city without much of a change

Now we have had

Multiple tour legs

Upcoming returning to,countries that they have already played

No new music

Added cover songs

No interviews

Big announcement.  They are playing arenas in the future?  Really? Mpele are excited for seeing this act again again and again in different venues this time. M
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6621 on: June 15, 2017, 04:22:23 PM »

Really the only way to get new music out of this band is to stop supporting what they are doing now

Not sure how realistic it is to see a reunion, even a quasi one, that people spent 20 years thinking would never happen...and then pick NOW, to tell people to fold their arms and stomp their feet.

I just find it funny that people keep say. It took them 20 years to get back together!  Enjoy the ride!

How many years of this so called reunion is enough before you would more out of this act

For me it was when they would play back to back shows in the same city without much of a change

Now we have had

Multiple tour legs

No new music

Added cover songs

No interviews

Big announcement.  They are playing arenas in the future?  Really? Mpele are excited for seeing this act again again and again in different venues this time. M

No, people are seeing it for the first time. It's a World Tour. That hasn't hit a lot of countries yet. Ok, you've seen the tour- good for you. Many people haven't and are really fucking excited to see it. They're also under no illusions about what they're seeing. Hence the 'enjoy the ride' comments.

It's a fucking tour. Enjoy it. Or don't (as is your right). But the attitude that people across Europe are wrong for seeing the show in their country and loving it is absurd. Your posts seem to suggest that people like myself are in some way not 'proper' fans for enjoying this run. I don't get it at all.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6622 on: June 15, 2017, 04:43:24 PM »

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, no?  Many people haven't even seen this once yet. 

Was the excitement supposed to cease the very second the confetti dropped for 'Paradise City' at *your* particular show?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6623 on: June 15, 2017, 04:55:22 PM »

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, no?  Many people haven't even seen this once yet. 

Was the excitement supposed to cease the very second the confetti dropped for 'Paradise City' at *your* particular show?

The excitement for seeing confetti drop to the closing of paradise city ended about 8 years ago after seeing live about 4 times previous    You really mean earth vader is Luke's dad?  After about the 5th time seeing a movie with the same ending you tend to get it already

If this is what people get excited for have at it

I have way higher standards of being a fan

In 5 years when this tour is still going on and the Schtick hasn't changed   You can probably still say everyone hasn't seem them yet.  There may be a family in Alaska that hasn't had the chance yet

Double nights in the same city. No change
Multiple cities in the same country no change
No interview
No new music
Increased cover songs

Woohoo
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6624 on: June 15, 2017, 04:59:37 PM »

Now we have had

Multiple tour legs

No new music

Added cover songs

No interviews

No, people are seeing it for the first time. It's a World Tour. That hasn't hit a lot of countries yet. Ok, you've seen the tour- good for you. Many people haven't and are really fucking excited to see it. They're also under no illusions about what they're seeing. Hence the 'enjoy the ride' comments.

It's a fucking tour. Enjoy it. Or don't (as is your right). But the attitude that people across Europe are wrong for seeing the show in their country and loving it is absurd. Your posts seem to suggest that people like myself are in some way not 'proper' fans for enjoying this run. I don't get it at all.

I have always said as a one off show this act is just fine

When they tour a country where markets are overly close to each other and do the same show night in and night out and in cities do multiple same show routines that's what I don't like

So just cause you don't agree with what I am saying doesn't make it wrong

Guns is coming back to North American to play markets very close to ones they just played and in the fall will be playing the exact same ones they played

Now how many times do you feel they are allowed to play these markets with this same act?  I personally say once
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6625 on: June 15, 2017, 05:11:55 PM »

But you spend your time telling others they are inferior. Sample: "I have way higher standards as a fan."

Are you honestly going to complain about every setlist from now until the tour finishes?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6626 on: June 15, 2017, 05:18:44 PM »

But you spend your time telling others they are inferior. Sample: "I have way higher standards as a fan."

Are you honestly going to complain about every setlist from now until the tour finishes?

I do have higher standard than most in cases where I choose to be a fan.  Or choose things I like

So when everyone on the planet has gotten a chance to see this three man reunion. Then what? 

When is enough for some of you?

I clearly have had enough.   

What's your limit

I honestly think some of you are happy with anything this band does or what Axl does. 

How many times can you go see them live and actually have a smile on your face when they sing other people's music every night?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6627 on: June 15, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »

I do have higher standard than most in cases where I choose to be a fan.  Or choose things I like

So when everyone on the planet has gotten a chance to see this three man reunion. Then what? 

What's your limit

I honestly think some of you are happy with anything this band does or what Axl does. 

How many times can you go see them live and actually have a smile on your face when they sing other people's music every night?

If you've had enough why are you still here, trying to tell everyone they have low standards?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6628 on: June 15, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »

What's your limit

If you've had enough why are you still here, trying to tell everyone they have low standards?

I like how your conversation goes

You continue to ask questions, meanwhile you do not answer any of your own

You seem to think someone else's opinion is wrong becaus that's not how you feel

Ok then. Since you don't want to play by the normal rules of a conversation.  I will go back to talking to this dumb wall. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6629 on: June 15, 2017, 05:51:21 PM »

What's your limit

I like how your conversation goes

You continue to ask questions, meanwhile you do not answer any of your own

You seem to think someone else's opinion is wrong becaus that's not how you feel

Ok then. Since you don't want to play by the normal rules of a conversation.  I will go back to talking to this dumb wall. 

Care to remind me of the question you asked me? To my knowledge it was this:

"When is enough for some of you?"

A question I clearly can't answer, as I speak for no one on this board but myself.

So, we'll go back to mine, which you can answer:

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6630 on: June 15, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »

God, I admire you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #6631 on: June 15, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »

God, I admire you.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6632 on: June 15, 2017, 06:12:56 PM »

How are you going to sit here and treat the return of Slash and Duff as just another line-up change?

Look, he might well have a point 3-4 years from now.  But I just don't think it's valid at this point in time.

I also think that Bacon is really coming from a point of frustration for the inaction of the past 10 years.  And sure, we all feel that.

But I don't see this as a continuous straight line evolution, this band.  Never did.  There are obvious eras, with clear lines of demarcation.  And, in my opinion, this one started on April 1, 2016.

And I can't see holding it against the current line-up that Axl didn't get off his ass in 2013, or whatever.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6633 on: June 15, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »

How are you going to sit here and treat the return of Slash and Duff as just another line-up change?

Look, he might well have a point 3-4 years from now.  But I just don't think it's valid at this point in time.

I also think that Bacon is really coming from a point of frustration for the inaction of the past 10 years.  And sure, we all feel that.

But I don't see this as a continuous straight line evolution, this band.  Never did.  There are obvious eras, with clear lines of demarcation.  And, in my opinion, this one started on April 1, 2016.

And I can't see holding it against the current line-up that Axl didn't get off his ass in 2013, or whatever.

I did see it as a continuation, until I saw the tour. Now I see it really clearly as the next era. The whole dynamic on stage was different.

I agree, there's frustration, but this really is a great patch to be enjoying. We're getting fantastic shows. What's not to like about that at the moment?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6634 on: June 15, 2017, 06:29:33 PM »

If Periscope was around in say, 2011, would I be here frantically looking for feeds of the show each night?

Have to be honest.  Would not.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6635 on: June 15, 2017, 06:33:32 PM »

If Periscope was around in say, 2011, would I be here frantically looking for feeds of the show each night?

I don't look for live feeds now and wouldn't of then. Just not my thing.  I do however love great quality video shot during g a show or an official live stream. If those things ever schist anymore
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6636 on: June 15, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

I don't look for live feeds now and wouldn't of then. Just not my thing.  I do however love great quality video shot during g a show or an official live stream. If those things ever schist anymore

Yeah, just about never.

But look at something like this.  This was my show last summer.  This guy does a lot of recording.  Steady video and good sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3rGpCuxNso

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6637 on: June 15, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »

See now I see this as the same band for the past 20 years

Slash and duff back are so great    The lack of new music isn't

I have heard and seen the same voice as lead singer for 30 years and the only real time the setlist was changed up was in th 2000s 2006 10ish....

The inability to change a setlist when playing a city two nights in a row blows my mind    

They are going to play Vegas a year and a half after playing it.  Is everyone expecting a different show?   New music?  Old music?  Less covers?

As a fan. Since this three man reuinion happened I have

Not got any new music for Slash or duff or any band that they supported
Havnt gotten any interview from Slash or duff.  Both who I really enjoyed reading and listening too
I have gotten super high ticket prices   Really high
Venues I really don't like (stadiums and festivels)

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6638 on: June 15, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »

Last month's "big announcement" tease which turned out to be just another tour leg really took the wind out my sails when it comes to my hope for new music.  I'm pretty much done speculating/discussing it at this point.  I guess it'll simply be real when it's real.  Such a bummer and yet another missed opportunity for GNR to do something truly great.  The money is in touring, and touring is likely all they'll do.

Yeah, there?s always a big event or something around the corner where it makes all the sense in the world to release new music or announce a new album.  Next up will be July 21.  Don?t hold your breath. 

Richard?s recent interview does not move the meter at all for me.  Not even Axl?s words could at this point (is he still very seriously looking at what to do in that regard?).  Believe it when I hear it.  That?s it.

I'm just not quite sure why anybody would have thought something was coming in the near future...

What evidence would have pointed to it?

Forget that we know Axl's history with releasing music and the alleged complicated relationship with the label...the fact is that Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things in sorting through all those songs... we really don't even know if the 2 of them have any interest in reworking those songs or if Axl has any interest in doing anything from scratch.

So... let everybody enjoy this magical run first... and then maybe?

I don't think Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things at all...you think the (alleged) hold up by the label still exists now that Slash and Duff are back and they're selling out stadiums???  Any record company would literally fall over themselves trying to release something (you know, strike while the iron is hot and all).  I don't understand the notion that touring and new music are two separates worlds that can't collide.  Many, many bands release new music and then tour.  ACDC and Metallica are two recent examples.  Not sure why it's a foreign concept when it comes to GnR.

It complicates things in that they had nothing to do with the songs everybody here has been begging Axl to release for how many years now.

and just a hunch.. I doubt Slash would be thrilled about Axl releasing those songs now..

Look we all know that bands can do both at one time (tour and record)... but how long have you followed this band? and yet some of you guys bang ur heads against the wall in this thread on a daily basis...

I've followed the band forever.  I totally get how they operate.  I find it humorous the lengths people will go to rationalize why new music is not getting released.  It has nothing to do with touring, or finding studio time, or label interference, or record company contract...issues, btw, that every other band has to deal with.  It starts and stops with Axl, and, to a lesser extent, Slash and Duff now that they're back.  Why people won't admit that, and instead create excuse after excuse (you don't know the facts or the terms of their record deal, blah, blah blah) is beyond me.  I'm not expecting or demanding new music...I just understand why we don't have any.

Bottom line:  if Axl wants it to happen, it will happen.  
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6639 on: June 15, 2017, 07:03:59 PM »

Yeah, just about never.

But look at something like this.  This was my show last summer.  This guy does a lot of recording.  Steady video and good sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3rGpCuxNso

Thanks I will look at this when I get home
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: