Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559694 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6660 on: June 16, 2017, 05:00:26 PM »

The point of my billy joel comparison is that he can do the same tour over and over again and its no coincedence that Axl who just happened to perform with billy joel sees you can make the money just playing the hits. Im not saying people should be happy about that if they want to hear new material but its a very distinct possibility that touring with this current band is what axl wants to do and do it for as long as he can. When people stop showing up thats when things may change but Billy hasn't had too.

Look at U2 they haven't had a good album in a very long time but people go to see the hits they don't care about the recent stuff nothing stands out from those albums.

Look at Journey their current lead singer has been with them for a very long time I couldn't name you one song journey has come out with that wasn't Steve Perry sung but people go to the shows for the Steve Perry Era songs.

Again I would love new GNR music just as much as anyone in this community the issue I have is that you just shoot down whatever they do if its not what you want. Why you have such a problem with touring regardless of setlist what are you going to do if they aren't doing anything at all you will complain. 

They are touring off of 4 albums and one EP (that they only play one song off of every second night)

Tour your hits!! Sure!  But try and get some more!!   These other bands have stacks of albums.  Lots of albums to pick hits from.  Not 4 albums, 3 of which were released in the early 90s and late 80s.

I want to hear more music from the band I love.  Not the band I love singing other peoples songs and jamming to other peoples music.

Sure glad we got the use your illusion albums at least, or we would be down to 2 albums! 

How little is too little for some of you?  How many times can you actually hear Axl sing Night Train?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6661 on: June 16, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »

As Nikki Sixx once said, you can make a setlist for 5 percent of the diehard crowd, or 95 percent of the general audience who wants to hear the hits. There are playing 3 songs off CD which probably a lot of the crowd have not heard. I recently went to Billy Joel-I went with a friend who kept complaining she wanted to hear "the 80's stuff"-another friend said the same. You could hear people groaning when he played 4 or 5 new songs in a row in the middle. I think this is pretty much going to be the setlist. They are doing killer business

libertad
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6662 on: June 16, 2017, 07:38:44 PM »

As Nikki Sixx once said, you can make a setlist for 5 percent of the diehard crowd, or 95 percent of the general audience who wants to hear the hits. There are playing 3 songs off CD which probably a lot of the crowd have not heard. I recently went to Billy Joel-I went with a friend who kept complaining she wanted to hear "the 80's stuff"-another friend said the same. You could hear people groaning when he played 4 or 5 new songs in a row in the middle. I think this is pretty much going to be the setlist. They are doing killer business

This will be the setlist for how long?  Ever?

Haha they have only a couple of albums!  Really!!!   This is it?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6663 on: June 16, 2017, 07:58:07 PM »

It's like a lot fans have really given up hope for new material from this band

People are pulling out all the stops compairing this band to others that have a crap ton of music

We have a hand full of albums   A handful of hits

New material might equal more hits?!?

Then people have this artificial timelines   Well if they are still touring playing the same songs for a couple years that might be too much   A couple years?!? Haha. They have been doing it for th past 10

Then I am now reading that people are saying well some other bands just tour the hits so....  so?!?  What's that even mean. Have you checked out complelty?   This band only has a couple of albums and is still touring them!!  That's ok?
mrpukie500
Opening Act

Fernando is a lucky SOB...

« Reply #6664 on: June 16, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »

So for the sake of argument, what big rock band you would you suggest they emulate that are currently on tour playing a bunch of their recent hits from the last 10 years?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #6665 on: June 16, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »

You don't have to accept without frustration that this might be all you're going to get, but stop repeating yourself ad nauseam.  Why does this continue to bother you everyday of your life?  Its clearly some obsessive compulsive issue you have.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6666 on: June 16, 2017, 10:40:45 PM »

So for the sake of argument, what big rock band you would you suggest they emulate that are currently on tour playing a bunch of their recent hits from the last 10 years?

Cold play
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6667 on: June 16, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »

You don't have to accept without frustration that this might be all you're going to get, but stop repeating yourself ad nauseam.  Why does this continue to bother you everyday of your life?  Its clearly some obsessive compulsive issue you have.  

Yeah continue on with all the sizzling conversations going on around here

Keep talking about all the latest news in the world of the band

Or just keep reading what I post and responding to it
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6668 on: June 16, 2017, 10:47:42 PM »

Cold play

He said rock band.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6669 on: June 17, 2017, 02:56:33 AM »

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, as they say. If we had 3 discs of CD material we'd all be making our own perfect album out of it, our own playlists, debating, discovering, rediscovering. Leave it stuck in a vault though, that's useful.

It's at the artists discretion to release material though, unless there is an agreement with the signed label concerning frequency or amount of new material.

Given as fans don't have a full picture of the label situation, or any of the actual existing conditions, it is a little unrealistic to discuss logically and factually the reasons for lack of more releases.

Then perhaps said artists shouldn't shoot their mouths off for years and years about 3 albums worth of material, how amazing it is, same time next year, looking very seriously etc. etc.

If you keep telling your kid 'I'm going to take you to the zoo soon. It's going to be amazing. It'll blow you away!" don't be surprised when they eventually turn around and say "Hey, are we going to this fuckin' zoo soon or what?"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6670 on: June 17, 2017, 07:37:34 AM »

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, as they say. If we had 3 discs of CD material we'd all be making our own perfect album out of it, our own playlists, debating, discovering, rediscovering. Leave it stuck in a vault though, that's useful.

It's at the artists discretion to release material though, unless there is an agreement with the signed label concerning frequency or amount of new material.

Given as fans don't have a full picture of the label situation, or any of the actual existing conditions, it is a little unrealistic to discuss logically and factually the reasons for lack of more releases.

Then perhaps said artists shouldn't shoot their mouths off for years and years about 3 albums worth of material, how amazing it is, same time next year, looking very seriously etc. etc.

If you keep telling your kid 'I'm going to take you to the zoo soon. It's going to be amazing. It'll blow you away!" don't be surprised when they eventually turn around and say "Hey, are we going to this fuckin' zoo soon or what?"

Ha.  Well said.  You keep dangling this carrot out there?but then never following through.  The actual comments are so (intentionally?) vague and non-committal that they can always fall back on the ?hey, we never said it was coming out?? but it?s pretty clear (IMO because god forbid people think I?m stating facts) that they want to keep people engaged and interested yet really have no interest or plan to follow through.  And now the new excuse is ?things change (again).?  Like Axl was just getting ready to release CDII in 2015 and then Slash and Duff came along and screwed that up?give me a fucking break.  Axl just doesn?t want to?and he also just doesn?t want to admit that. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6671 on: June 17, 2017, 08:47:35 AM »

Ha.  Well said.  You keep dangling this carrot out there?but then never following through.  The actual comments are so (intentionally?) vague and non-committal that they can always fall back on the ?hey, we never said it was coming out?? but it?s pretty clear (IMO because god forbid people think I?m stating facts) that they want to keep people engaged and interested yet really have no interest or plan to follow through.  And now the new excuse is ?things change (again).?  Like Axl was just getting ready to release CDII in 2015 and then Slash and Duff came along and screwed that up?give me a fucking break.  Axl just doesn?t want to?and he also just doesn?t want to admit that. 

These two posts made me smile
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6672 on: June 17, 2017, 09:17:44 AM »

Axl may not want to release an album but I think it falls more in the camp that he doesn't need to at this time. Things did change when Slash and Duff came back, I'm not sure how you can deny that. The time to make massive amounts of cash is here, hence the #14 slot on Forbes list. And they got there by touring alone. As long as that gravy train continues there's really no business sense to change course.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6673 on: June 17, 2017, 09:39:47 AM »

Axl may not want to release an album but I think it falls more in the camp that he doesn't need to at this time. Things did change when Slash and Duff came back, I'm not sure how you can deny that. The time to make massive amounts of cash is here, hence the #14 slot on Forbes list. And they got there by touring alone. As long as that gravy train continues there's really no business sense to change course.

So as a fan how does that benefit you?

I am all for this band making tons of money....   Axls net worth was listed at 150 million even before this tour btw....  But all the power to them... 

So as a fan we get......   So far....   A tour......   And.....   
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #6674 on: June 17, 2017, 09:41:10 AM »

I have no reason to hope or feel positive vibes about any new material but I'm feeling them nonetheless.
I just can't believe behind the scenes the 3 of them have not discussed , shared ideas and worked on some stuff together.

Hope doesn't hurt - especially at this point

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #6675 on: June 17, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »

So as a fan how does that benefit you?

I am all for this band making tons of money....   Axls net worth was listed at 150 million even before this tour btw....  But all the power to them... 

So as a fan we get......   So far....   A tour......   And.....   

Guns is a BUSINESS
They exist to make money!
I don't get your point.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6676 on: June 17, 2017, 05:13:39 PM »

I have no reason to hope or feel positive vibes about any new material but I'm feeling them nonetheless.
I just can't believe behind the scenes the 3 of them have not discussed , shared ideas and worked on some stuff together.

Hope doesn't hurt - especially at this point

I can believe they haven't discussed it. Yet.

You're totally right though- hope doesn't hurt. That's pretty much where we're at. That and a killer tour.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6677 on: June 17, 2017, 05:14:54 PM »

But that assumes that touring and making new music are two totally separate things.  It's quite clear (again, IMO) that those things can happen simultaneously.  Yes, they are making (conservatively) a fuck ton of money...and more power to them.  I'm glad to see them back in the saddle as one of the greatest bands...I no longer have to drag people to their shows!  I hope they sellout every stadium and every arena.  And they should, because it's a hell of a show, and the "real" band is back (at least as much of it as we're going to get).  To me, there's no reason why they can't release an album (christ, a single) while they're touring, and not disrupt the gravy train at all.   They can, but just don't want to (again, IMO).
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6678 on: June 17, 2017, 05:35:46 PM »

But that assumes that touring and making new music are two totally separate things.  It's quite clear (again, IMO) that those things can happen simultaneously.  Yes, they are making (conservatively) a fuck ton of money...and more power to them.  I'm glad to see them back in the saddle as one of the greatest bands...I no longer have to drag people to their shows!  I hope they sellout every stadium and every arena.  And they should, because it's a hell of a show, and the "real" band is back (at least as much of it as we're going to get).  To me, there's no reason why they can't release an album (christ, a single) while they're touring, and not disrupt the gravy train at all.   They can, but just don't want to (again, IMO).

IMO

There is zero reason they can not record at least one song and release it and play it at all these concerts.

A little nibble of the carrot that they have been dangling in front of there fans on this mystical new original music journey
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6679 on: June 19, 2017, 01:58:32 AM »

Quantity over quality is always bad. Yes, some bands have more albums, but then again, how many of those albums are actually good? They might have a hit song each (if that) but that makes no sense to me if the album is just a way to show you're still here or if it was only released so the band and the record company could make some dough. What matters is what the album means to its creators. That's what separates this band from the clowns of the 80's.

What I love and have always loved about GN'R is that they have done things their own way.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: