Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:19:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227802 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559613 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6720 on: June 20, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »

I never got to see GNR in their 90s hayday i got into them in 93 just as things were ending. I got to see GNR for the first time in 2001. While some may be frustrated at just the touring this has been an opportunity to see the band that became my fav band of all time. I got to see them at met life last year and will see them this year at MSG. GNR has taught me don't take things for granted because you don't know how long things will last enjoy these tours because nobody has any idea of what will come next.

Honestly gnr has taught me you know exactly what you are going to get

What that is.  Is a band that tours.   It has done just that for the past how many years   This is no longer the worlds most dangerous band
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6721 on: June 20, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »

This is no longer the worlds most dangerous band

They haven't been that in 25 years.

Once you get as big as they did, you aren't outlaws anymore.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6722 on: June 20, 2017, 09:22:35 PM »

True.  There are no Malibu Outlaws...(great name for an album, just sayin')
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6723 on: June 20, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »

Axl was still a badass well into the 2000s and right into 2010-11

2011-present.  Worlds most predictable band
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6724 on: June 21, 2017, 01:58:07 AM »

Axl was still a badass well into the 2000s and right into 2010-11

2011-present.  Worlds most predictable band
NITL TOUR.... We all saw that coming  no
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6725 on: June 21, 2017, 02:26:47 AM »

True.  There are no Malibu Outlaws...(great name for an album, just sayin')

Sounds like a rubbish band that's trying to replicate the 80's LA scene. No thanks.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #6726 on: June 21, 2017, 06:32:58 AM »

I understand that Axl's songwriting days are behind him, but why is it that they cannot even mange to put out a box set of archival material.
So many wasted opportunities.
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6727 on: June 21, 2017, 06:41:03 AM »

My hope is that they're just seeing how things go before committing to anything more.

Part of the reason I really wanted to go to the first show (couldn't make it sadly) is I was worried they'd come off stage going "Oh yeah, that's why we haven't seen each other in years, thank fuck it's over!" and that'd be the end of it.

I'm sure the idea has occurred to them and it's pretty obvious there's a market for it. But maybe they want to discuss and work on it in private before saying anything or committing to recording. And these days there are so many options to put an album out without a record company (or record one and then get a deal to distribute it) that they could easily get right up to being ready to release it before having to have official talks or anything which might leak out.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #6728 on: June 21, 2017, 06:44:21 AM »

I understand that Axl's songwriting days are behind him, but why is it that they cannot even mange to put out a box set of archival material.

Many bands don't want to release songs that aren't finished (like demos etc.) when they're still active and I totally get why. Those kind of things are usually pushed out when the band is completely over.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #6729 on: June 21, 2017, 06:59:20 AM »

Many bands don't want to release songs that aren't finished (like demos etc.) when they're still active and I totally get why. Those kind of things are usually pushed out when the band is completely over.
Why can't they release of box set of some live shows from 1987?
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #6730 on: June 21, 2017, 07:18:37 AM »

Are you even certain they have them recorded? You can go on and on with a question like that.

BEEP.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6731 on: June 21, 2017, 07:57:00 AM »

Are you even certain they have them recorded? You can go on and on with a question like that.

I totally think Axl hasn't written anything in a very very long time

I think this so called vault of music is really just a bunch of noise   Ransoms guitar parts.  Unfinished songs   With zero  lyrics

If Axl was truelly proud of a song and thought that it would relate to some audience and actually had a song we would of heard something by now

With 4 albums of original music it's goIng to be a pretty small box
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6732 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:51 AM »

You guys don't know what the hell you're talking about.

"Axl's song writing days are behind him"

What? Are you a stalker at his house checking out how many times he goes to the piano or his personal studio ? and have access to how many times he sings in the shower?

I understand being negative or bummed about not having music, but get a grip, the truth is you don't know anything. Axl was proud of songs he had written, and between 1998 and 2008 the only thing that got in the way of him releasing it was the label.

If CD was a baby and the label were the doctors, you could say Axl got scarred by the doctors performing the Cesarean, he might be afraid of going under the scalpel again but I don't think he is against having a new baby. Im pretty sure he is having sex right now trying to get pregnant.  hihi hihi

And with Slash and Duff joining the coitus, Axl knows the baby will be beautiful, they just need a natural delivery and avoid the hospital, the doctors, and the cesarean altogether   smoking
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:30:30 AM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6733 on: June 21, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »

And it makes me think, how crazy would it be if they sell a new album at the entrance of every concert they give, without announcing anything, people would go crazy  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6734 on: June 21, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »

Anything the classic band we did has already been heard.  There are no unearthed gems waiting to be released.

With the revolving door of rando replacement band line-ups...can you even imagine how complicated that would be deciding who gets paid for what?

Not even to mention you are talking about a version of the band that is 3 line-ups ago, and never connected with the general public to begin with.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6735 on: June 21, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »

I'm calling a covers album, after joking about it a few days ago! Could easily happen.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6736 on: June 21, 2017, 12:31:01 PM »

I'm calling a covers album, after joking about it a few days ago! Could easily happen.

It's really the only thing the current line-up could bang out quickly.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6737 on: June 21, 2017, 04:41:04 PM »

Would get them back in the studio, make them some headlines. more i think about it, the more likely it seems. The seeker, black hole sun, rosie- maybe heartbreak hotel are all easy game.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6738 on: June 21, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »

I am I'll laugh mybass off if next year we get a Axl rose ac/dc album. With a couple of songs written by Axl   Most will be written by angus of coarse

I am sure Slash would mind making a gnr acdc inspired album......

I really don't think Axl has written anything in a very long time

However I am sure duff and Slash could put something together and have Axl sing it
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6739 on: June 21, 2017, 04:47:53 PM »

Would get them back in the studio, make them some headlines. more i think about it, the more likely it seems. The seeker, black hole sun, rosie- maybe heartbreak hotel are all easy game.

Knowing this band

I would count on

An other greatest hits album released   Supporting the 4 albums of original material   

A new live Album. Supporting this current show.  There you can have some more covers released via that.  Lots

Nothing original released.  Nothing original studio recorded.  Or covered studio recorded.  Nothing at all studio recorded
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: