Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558941 times)
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6760 on: June 27, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »

Freedom of speech and opinion and all that, but you must see how monumentally boring it is for everyone else when you say the same stuff day in and day out?! It's draining. Maybe give gnr a break if you're so sick of them? Go and listen to some other bands, see their concerts etc. It ain't healthy for you being on here all the time. Most of us come on here because we enjoy it. It can't be any fun for you.

Guy who is sick of GNR playing the same things everyday, gets called out for saying the same things everyday.

Am I the only one who sees the irony?

Hahahaha

Fair point here, Bacon.

haha yes that was pretty fair.

I did take 5 days off this site and.....

The only real posts have been about me.  Really tough to keep up with all the going ons in the world of GNR...

I can see how it is being interpreted however the part I found the most ironic is that some posters are complaining about Bacon posting the same thing everyday and they are getting tired of it, much like Bacon is getting tired of the setlists. The posters complaining have become the bacon, and then as everyone else has pointed out Bacon has become GNR.

A psychologist may say that we are just frustrated with Bacon/GNR with what we see in ourselves.

Or Freud might say that's what I need....

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6761 on: June 27, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »

Freedom of speech and opinion and all that, but you must see how monumentally boring it is for everyone else when you say the same stuff day in and day out?! It's draining. Maybe give gnr a break if you're so sick of them? Go and listen to some other bands, see their concerts etc. It ain't healthy for you being on here all the time. Most of us come on here because we enjoy it. It can't be any fun for you.

Guy who is sick of GNR playing the same things everyday, gets called out for saying the same things everyday.

Hahahaha

Fair point here, Bacon.

The only real posts have been about me.  Really tough to keep up with all the going ons in the world of GNR...

I can see how it is being interpreted however the part I found the most ironic is that some posters are complaining about Bacon posting the same thing everyday and they are getting tired of it, much like Bacon is getting tired of the setlists. The posters complaining have become the bacon, and then as everyone else has pointed out Bacon has become GNR.

A psychologist may say that we are just frustrated with Bacon/GNR with what we see in ourselves.

That's a whole lotta Bacon.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6762 on: July 11, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »

I havnt posted on this thread in a couple of weeks and it is nice to see that last posts are all about me

Where is our next album?
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6763 on: July 12, 2017, 04:14:47 AM »

still many tuesdays left till the end of this year. and till the end of the world as well hihi

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #6764 on: July 14, 2017, 05:23:53 PM »

I havnt posted on this thread in a couple of weeks and it is nice to see that last posts are all about me

Where is our next album?
They are looking very seriously at it.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6765 on: July 17, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »

until I see photos of Slash & Axl partying together, I'll not buy the new album theory

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #6766 on: July 17, 2017, 09:42:08 AM »

until I see photos of Slash & Axl partying together, I'll not buy the new album theory

They don't party anymore but go straight to the hotel after a gig.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6767 on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:33 AM »

I don't think that's entirely accurate.  This was last month.  http://pagesix.com/2017/06/20/pretty-unusual-axl-rose-and-tom-jones-party-gets-busted-up/
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #6768 on: July 17, 2017, 09:52:42 AM »

I don't think that's entirely accurate.  This was last month.  http://pagesix.com/2017/06/20/pretty-unusual-axl-rose-and-tom-jones-party-gets-busted-up/

So we can expect new music on Tuesday beer
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6769 on: July 18, 2017, 10:35:48 PM »

A little bit of info from a January Tommy Stinson interview in Rolling Stone, worth a read.

Incidentally, Stinson says there's a wealth of recordings Guns N' Roses made during his tenure that have yet to be released. "There's some stuff with lyrics, some without," he says. "We did a lot of stuff that was supposed to be on Chinese Democracy ? the record was meant to be more than one disc, but after spending so much time on it we just had to put an end to it. There's also stuff that was held over from [the original lineup] before they all disbanded, so there's some stuff that should someday see the light of day."

Edit: I just now saw the quote has been brought up earlier in the thread. But still, it's interesting to know they have material from the 90s available.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:43:39 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6770 on: July 18, 2017, 11:56:50 PM »

A little bit of info from a January Tommy Stinson interview in Rolling Stone, worth a read.

Incidentally, Stinson says there's a wealth of recordings Guns N' Roses made during his tenure that have yet to be released. "There's some stuff with lyrics, some without," he says. "We did a lot of stuff that was supposed to be on Chinese Democracy ? the record was meant to be more than one disc, but after spending so much time on it we just had to put an end to it. There's also stuff that was held over from [the original lineup] before they all disbanded, so there's some stuff that should someday see the light of day."

Edit: I just now saw the quote has been brought up earlier in the thread. But still, it's interesting to know they have material from the 90s available.

Don't forget that demo of songs DJ sent Axl a few years ago...

That demo is also in the vault, with all this other stuff...   

Who owns these recordings?

The writers themselves?  Axl?  The band?  The label?

For all I know Axl got pissed one night and trashed everything in this vault and filled it with jello.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #6771 on: July 19, 2017, 02:19:28 AM »

What flavor?  drool
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6772 on: July 19, 2017, 03:29:24 AM »

What flavor?  drool
concrete, I guess hihi

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6773 on: July 19, 2017, 08:50:54 AM »

Hahahaha

Fair point here, Bacon.

That's a whole lotta Bacon.

Great, another cover...  Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6774 on: July 19, 2017, 12:35:38 PM »

It's fucking INCEPTION!!!??!!!

Or maybe...IN-BAC-TION??!

Incidentally, that movie was just crying out for a Guns n Roses song in it's sound track....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #6775 on: July 23, 2017, 04:24:36 PM »

][/url]http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-says-everyone-is-excited-about-possibility-of-new-album-from-reunited-guns-n-roses[url]

New interview from Richard for anyone interested
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6776 on: July 24, 2017, 06:30:28 AM »

yeah, there's a lot of artists these days who are touring into nostalgia mode who keep
talking/promising about a new album, I suppose it helps to promote the tours and the bands,
the record in that area is I think is Michel Polnareff, maybe you heard of him. his last LP was in
1990, he keeps promising a new record since then, touring is old (great) stuff in nostalgia come
backs, and it works well with the fans...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6777 on: July 24, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »

Richard keeps talking like this almost since he's joined the band, I think I remember some 2004 interview. no hard feelings against him of course, I truly believe this is his honest thinking and maybe he's the only one in the band still interested in actually recording and releasing something.
anyway, the message of the interview is clear - the "ChiDem era leftovers" are probably gonna be trashed and IF GNR really releases something, it will be something recently recorded.
but there's still the big IF.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6778 on: July 24, 2017, 08:03:30 AM »

Richard keeps talking like this almost since he's joined the band, I think I remember some 2004 interview. no hard feelings against him of course, I truly believe this is his honest thinking and maybe he's the only one in the band still interested in actually recording and releasing something.
anyway, the message of the interview is clear - the "ChiDem era leftovers" are probably gonna be trashed and IF GNR really releases something, it will be something recently recorded.

All CD era band members have talked like that really. I still find the interviews on the Appetite For Democracy DVD pretty sad to watch. They all seem so keen and full of hope about new material, and to genuinely believe it was right around the corner.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #6779 on: July 24, 2017, 09:24:24 AM »

All CD era band members have talked like that really. I still find the interviews on the Appetite For Democracy DVD pretty sad to watch. They all seem so keen and full of hope about new material, and to genuinely believe it was right around the corner.

Wasn't it the same reason that Bumble left - and we got Slash?
I guess it's a win some-lose some situation, for better or worse.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: